Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm aware of that

You meant "personal weapon" didn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I own two.

*flexes and kisses biceps*

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
*pats concealed Goku under my jacket*

phew...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have one i leave it unloaded and put away in case of home invasion by a non-white :911:

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
didn't read the whole thread, is anyone bothering to answer sincerely by this point? well here's my scrub collection, hate and/or TL;DR to your little heart's content

- mossberg 500 12 ga pump with 18" barrel originally for home defense, but I put a 28" barrel + choke on it and shoot clays with it a few times a year and it's fun as all hell ($250 or so, new)

- marlin 60 22LR semiauto rifle with a bsa sweet scope that my non-gun-owning friends and relatives love to shoot when they visit (and sometimes it shoots squirrels) ($160 for both, rifle was used)

- ruger american .308 bolt action rifle with a burris c4 scope, bipod and kydex cheek rest for hogs & deers (around $700 for everything, all new)

- steyr c9-a1 9mm pistol, which I plan to carry when my ltc finally loving comes in and I love it dearly (forget what I paid for it, maybe $350, used)

- wife's ruger lcr .38 spl revolver that she never shoots, just got some new grips that might make it not miserable ($250, used)

I get cheap stuff that works good, can't afford sexy or collectible, just reliable and effective. next I would really like a .357 snubby for the truck, maybe a security six or sp101, needs to be cheaper than a smiff

if anyone here actually cares about reasons, the most realistic possibility of having to use one of these in self defense in my opinion is in some kind of road rage incident, because poo poo has happened to me in the past that really made me wish I was armed. though as mentioned I have applied for a license to carry when out of the vehicle too. I feel that I should do everything I can within reasonable and legal boundaries to protect my family, and I am comfortable and well trained with firearms, plus they're fun, and all my best friends like to shoot so we go to the range together and talk about it a lot, and to me it just all makes sense even though I grew up in a very strict anti-gun household. every one is kept locked up when not on my person and the handguns and shotgun are in special quick access safes, and all the ammo is in separate locked boxes and the hunting rifles have trigger locks and bolt locks. peace.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Very good weapon yes?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i keep this loaded beside my bed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Alceste posted:

didn't read the whole thread, is anyone bothering to answer sincerely by this point? well here's my scrub collection, hate and/or TL;DR to your little heart's content

- mossberg 500 12 ga pump with 18" barrel originally for home defense, but I put a 28" barrel + choke on it and shoot clays with it a few times a year and it's fun as all hell ($250 or so, new)

- marlin 60 22LR semiauto rifle with a bsa sweet scope that my non-gun-owning friends and relatives love to shoot when they visit (and sometimes it shoots squirrels) ($160 for both, rifle was used)

- ruger american .308 bolt action rifle with a burris c4 scope, bipod and kydex cheek rest for hogs & deers (around $700 for everything, all new)

- steyr c9-a1 9mm pistol, which I plan to carry when my ltc finally loving comes in and I love it dearly (forget what I paid for it, maybe $350, used)

- wife's ruger lcr .38 spl revolver that she never shoots, just got some new grips that might make it not miserable ($250, used)

I get cheap stuff that works good, can't afford sexy or collectible, just reliable and effective. next I would really like a .357 snubby for the truck, maybe a security six or sp101, needs to be cheaper than a smiff

if anyone here actually cares about reasons, the most realistic possibility of having to use one of these in self defense in my opinion is in some kind of road rage incident, because poo poo has happened to me in the past that really made me wish I was armed. though as mentioned I have applied for a license to carry when out of the vehicle too. I feel that I should do everything I can within reasonable and legal boundaries to protect my family, and I am comfortable and well trained with firearms, plus they're fun, and all my best friends like to shoot so we go to the range together and talk about it a lot, and to me it just all makes sense even though I grew up in a very strict anti-gun household. every one is kept locked up when not on my person and the handguns and shotgun are in special quick access safes, and all the ammo is in separate locked boxes and the hunting rifles have trigger locks and bolt locks. peace.

eat every dick imaginable ain't poo poo happened to you justifying a motherfucking thing and you will eventually kill a loved one accidentally because you're a mongoloid dipshit.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
with my mental history I highly doubt the us would let me own a gun so I don't bother

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Shaquin posted:

hhahahahaha just look at this post
I wish I didn't

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

with my mental history I highly doubt the us would let me own a gun so I don't bother

Unless a judge had you committed against your will, you're probably fine legally. However, with that self-assessment you probably are better off not buying one, for your own safety.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

fyodor posted:

eat every dick imaginable ain't poo poo happened to you justifying a motherfucking thing and you will eventually kill a loved one accidentally because you're a mongoloid dipshit.

if only...my feelings...could defend themselves...

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Unless a judge had you committed against your will, you're probably fine legally. However, with that self-assessment you probably are better off not buying one, for your own safety.

I'm an adult and I do what I need to

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

And here I had you figured for the sort of literal Nazi furry who regularly searches GunBroker for "WWII SS proofed pistol."

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Dead Reckoning posted:

And here I had you figured for the sort of literal Nazi furry who regularly searches GunBroker for "WWII SS proofed pistol."

I can totally afford a p38 but I just need a license

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a license for mine. My grandpa is 92 so the plan is to say we found it in his belongings after he croaks

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I don't own a gun and I don't want or need one.

I prefer defending my home with a metal bat and fight hand-to-hand like a real man.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i keep a live hand grenade in my bedside table just in case :twisted:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
An arfcommer actually once filed a Form 1 for a Destructive Device and reactivated a deactivated M67 fragmentation grenade, legally

e: i have no idea why one would even want to do this, because apparently you then get weekly inspections and have to have an explosives magazine in which to store it

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Laurenz posted:

I don't own a gun and I don't want or need one.

I prefer defending my home with a metal bat and fight hand-to-hand like a real man.

all of the manliest men throughout history had guns, and before guns they had swords/clubs

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Oregon gun laws are pretty great.

TFR told me my sights are on backwards. Which is true. IDGAF

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
I own a poo poo-ton of guns.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I own a poo poo-ton of guns.

please elaborate

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Roki B posted:

lol fix your loving sights holy crap

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
When you look through the sight, is everything super tiny like when you look backwards through binoculars?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its a tactical move. the home invader tries to get a good look at you through the back to front sights and you shoot him in the neck

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

City of Tampa posted:

all of the manliest men throughout history had guns, and before guns they had swords/clubs

maybe i want to be daddy's sissy boy and still own a gun

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Sheep-Goats posted:

lol fix your loving sights holy crap

Nah I'm good they're zeroed already. Adds to the aesthetic. Has a gigantic comp break that makes it terrible to be next to at the range. Loud af too.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Alceste posted:

Those Steyr compacts are awesome and I love mine. They are overshadowed by that OTHER Austrian gun company, but I really prefer the trigger and the trapezoidal sights are cool as hell. I hope you get to use it someday to blast up on some terries and it is totally justified and little baby bitch pacifism nerds cry and cry.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Roki B posted:

Nah I'm good they're zeroed already. Adds to the aesthetic. Has a gigantic comp break that makes it terrible to be next to at the range. Loud af too.

wow

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

Snowman Crossing posted:

Those Steyr compacts are awesome and I love mine. They are overshadowed by that OTHER Austrian gun company, but I really prefer the trigger and the trapezoidal sights are cool as hell. I hope you get to use it someday to blast up on some terries and it is totally justified and little baby bitch pacifism nerds cry and cry.

hey thanks, it's good to know there's another fan around here...the sights and the trigger are my two favorite attributes for sure. everyone who shoots my steyr seems to be surprised at how nice it is. the width is proving to be a little awkward for concealment but I think I can make it work, and I'd rather go with what I know I shoot best than to have to learn something totally new like a shield or lcp/lc9 or whatever, if I can avoid it.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I have a steyr M357a1 and they are indeed sweet guns. Does yours do that thing where you can push the slide back slightly and it looks out of battery?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Roki B posted:

lol no you aren't good

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
please don't gunshame

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

various cheeses posted:

I have a steyr M357a1 and they are indeed sweet guns. Does yours do that thing where you can push the slide back slightly and it looks out of battery?

cool, I've never seen one of those in the wild...how snappy is it? the low bore axis really reduces felt recoil in 9mm so I bet it handles 357sig nicely.

I think mine probably does that slide thing too--when it was new to me, before I figured out the two ways you can see a chambered round and I would do press checks, I think it would stick back just a little bit. I'll have to check when I get home.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Roki B posted:

holy crap please don't be incompetent

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TenementFunster posted:

holy crap please don't be incompetent

can someone explain what is wrong in the picture

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

can someone explain what is wrong in the picture

gun owner doesn't know which end of the gun to look down lol

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Alceste posted:

cool, I've never seen one of those in the wild...how snappy is it? the low bore axis really reduces felt recoil in 9mm so I bet it handles 357sig nicely.

I think mine probably does that slide thing too--when it was new to me, before I figured out the two ways you can see a chambered round and I would do press checks, I think it would stick back just a little bit. I'll have to check when I get home.

Not snappy at all. Low bore axis and weird grip angle help a ton. Definitely better than the G27 I had, but for obvious reasons.

I think they all do that slide thing, but it goes back into battery as you pull the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Roki B posted:

That is the weirdest loving trigger, too

• Locked thread