Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Inf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I have family visiting so I'm paring down my posting rather extremely to just hot takes this weekend.

That's fair. I liked your vote on Tobbs (I just said "Fake" but I had the same thought.), and would vote him again today.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm really liking Jimson for scum.

##vote jimson

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

King Burgundy posted:

That could very much be the case. But he'd still be the guy that speculated 4-5 factions on D1.

Oh yeah. I even pointed out a reference point from Shine I of a scum doing that exact same thing too. Hmm...

##vote Infinitum at least until someone can build a stronger case on someone else.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i don't love the chain lynch but if it gets you to vote infinitum then i'll take it.

also, while I'm at it, I don't think scumberbrero posts this. He's tunneling a little bit but somber is very good at keeping an idle hand on the thread and hand-wringing to expert degrees as scum. This post is Obviously Wrong but I think it comes from a genuine place.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Izzhov posted:

##vote Infinitum at least until someone can build a stronger case on someone else.

It Could Be You

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

BottleKnight posted:

It Could Be You

:gonk: :tinfoil:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
yeah that's enough for me

##vote infinitum

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No please not infinitum, vote Jimson. Jimson is scum.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Mr. F! posted:

why mister F

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. F! posted:

Why is Jimson scum?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hold on I'm typing up a case right now. It's a little long but it's coming.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I read over all that again and I'm okay with inf today, but would like to hear more from inf before I vote

I'm not leaning scum on jimson right now, especially because I think he really is correct about dick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm town tho.

Not on a scum team of any variety.
Not on a 3P team, such as FBI, either.

Just pure vanilla town.
That's the 100% truth of the matter.

I'll be off doing bday (:toot:) stuff today, but thankfully a lot of scummy votes have been placed on me.
Great thing about playing a completely honest game is that it's a lot easier to spot scum trying to twist words to fit a dialogue they're trying to produce :toot:
Once I've got some free time I'll do a proper review :toot:

I would put good money on Zimbomonkey being non-town.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

this is a stickup posted:

I'm not leaning scum on jimson right now, especially because I think he really is correct about dick

Since this is allegedly a meta-read, I'd love to see a relevant quote or two of Dick from other games where he is scum and acts the same as this.

Also someone earlier asked whether Dick doesn't act like this when he's not scum which I believe is just as relevant. If he acts the same all the time - scum or not - then meta-reads aren't much help.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again in a game this large, it is in towns best interest to play a completely honest 100% truthful game with 0 gambits, because when (and if) we eventually do flip it will help other members of town find scum wayyyyy easier.

Which is what I'm doing here.

Feel free to have a look at the votes on me while I'm out today, and the flimsy logic behind them, and see if you can spot the scum :toot:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Infinitum posted:

Just pure vanilla town.

Whoa are you claiming here you don't even have a Shine-activated power?

Infinitum posted:

I'll be off doing bday (:toot:) stuff today

Happy bday! Your present is one vote for every year old you are ;)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Super chill
Super honest

That's the way to play :toot:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that's true and I'll concede that. I'll go back through some of those when I have free time.

honestly though it's very unlikely dick will go on day 1 so it's probably moot until stuff happens

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

I can't decide on infi. People seem to be implying there was some drama in the Mafia community recently? Perhaps he's responding to that, like Jimson is claiming to, and that's why he's less dickish.

He'd also be the guy who immediately attempted to dissuade real discussion for "real talk let's lynch a lurker" less than 24 hours into a game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Izzhov posted:

Whoa are you claiming here you don't even have a Shine-activated power?

Happy bday! Your present is one vote for every year old you are ;)

No comment in regards to the fist part.

That would require all 33 people voting for me
:negative:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Here we have Jimsons entry to the game:

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I'M SO loving HARD RIGHT NOW HOLY poo poo YOU GUYS. I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT I'M BORING rear end TOWN HOLY gently caress I'VE GIVEN EVERY NIGHTLY PRAYER TO THIS GAME

LOL, I'M TOWN, seriously guys townie is posting here.

Next we have Jimsons first serious vote of the game:

Okay boys lets all pack her in I think we found a scum.
##vote TQ

This was a serious vote; a serious suspicion. Originally I thought he was joking but then he follows up with his thoughts on the vote:

I gotta agree with scumshuno.

This whole interaction with tq and infinitum seems scummy. Like why is it once someone is casing TQ that he immediately wants to discuss setup speculation.

TQ was picking up steam in this time period, so Jimson wanted to plant a stake in that lynch. Something he could go back on. But then momentum begins to build on inifinitum, so Jimson makes the following post. The above post and the post below follow on another exactly. Jimson posts nothing between them.

##unvote

Why are you being so defensive infi? Weren't you the one thst pointed out that its weird to be worried about votes this early in a 33 man game!

See how he unvotes TQ here, while shifting to infinitum, who was picking up votes, but not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. Jimson wants to set up his suspicions of Infinitum. He cant just immediately jump onto the lynch. That would look bad.

Oh. Well point still stands! Why so defensive all of a sudden?

Further needling of infinitum.

Like literslly all of these "cases" on you are immature and Ill thought out at best and possible scum pressure at worse. Yet your defending yourself tooth and nail

Further needling of infinitum. It's piling on without voting.

Mmt :( I'm sad we don't get to be in a doc together.

This post reminds me of his entry to the game. Wherein he felt the need to remark on his town alignment.

I'm liking Infinitum and Dick Bastardly for scum. Probably on seperate teams, But the way he keeps drawing joke "attention" to Infinitum sounds a little like scumbro covering.

But I thought you were seriously suspicious of TQ and Infinitum being on a team? Has TQ's original "scummy" post that you were jumping on now no longer scummy?

Actually you know what ##vote Dick Bastardly

I played 2 scum games with Dick Bastardly, and one of them we won, and the other one we were on the path for a clean sweep, and he played EXACTLY! like this. Dick Bastardly is really pinging my scumdar, and I know the moment I put pressure on him he's going to disappear entirely until we move on, and then he's gonna jump back in with a vengeance and surge forward with lots of "reads"

He'll also do the same thing if we pressure him for reads too

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

No comment in regards to the fist part.

That would require all 33 people voting for me
:negative:

We can make your birthday wish come true.

We're almost a third of the way there.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum is town, please dont vote him. Especially when I just wrote out that case on jimson

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I'm town tho.

Not on a scum team of any variety.
Not on a 3P team, such as FBI, either.

Just pure vanilla town.

I'll be off doing bday (:toot:) stuff today, but thankfully a lot of scummy votes have been placed on me.
Great thing about playing a completely honest game is that it's a lot easier to spot scum trying to twist words to fit a dialogue they're trying to produce :toot:
Once I've got some free time I'll do a proper review :toot:

I would put good money on Zimbomonkey being non-town.

happy birthday is about the only nice thing I can say about this post

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

He'd also be the guy who immediately attempted to dissuade real discussion for "real talk let's lynch a lurker" less than 24 hours into a game.

PREDICTED we'd lynch a lurker first.
I wasn't directing conversation whatsoever.

Please continue to spin my words

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Happy birthday infinitum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Here we have Jimsons entry to the game:

Next we have Jimsons first serious vote of the game:

This was a serious vote; a serious suspicion. Originally I thought he was joking but then he follows up with his thoughts on the vote:

TQ was picking up steam in this time period, so Jimson wanted to plant a stake in that lynch. Something he could go back on. But then momentum begins to build on inifinitum, so Jimson makes the following post. The above post and the post below follow on another exactly. Jimson posts nothing between them.

See how he unvotes TQ here, while shifting to infinitum, who was picking up votes, but not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. Jimson wants to set up his suspicions of Infinitum. He cant just immediately jump onto the lynch. That would look bad.

I'm gonna stop you right here. Why is he able to immediately jump onto TQ without issue, but he can't immediately bandwangon inf? That's an inconsistency and causes issue with your further points.

Further needling of infinitum.

Further needling of infinitum. It's piling on without voting.

This post reminds me of his entry to the game. Wherein he felt the need to remark on his town alignment.

But I thought you were seriously suspicious of TQ and Infinitum being on a team? Has TQ's original "scummy" post that you were jumping on now no longer scummy?

This doesn't make sense.

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

I don't think your case on Jimson is very good.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Kashuno posted:

I don't think your case on Jimson is very good.

Well you think inifinitum is scum when he's obviously not, so your perception of the reality of this game is warped.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

PREDICTED we'd lynch a lurker first.
I wasn't directing conversation whatsoever.

Please continue to spin my words

Except in the middle of actual discussion about a player going on, you felt it was important to say we will probably lynch a lurker? We were pretty deep in discussion with TQ and you randomly bring that up (then TQ disappears)

Why did you want to stop talking about TQ?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Well you think inifinitum is scum when he's obviously not, so your perception of the reality of this game is warped.

Why are you so sure he's not scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. F! posted:

You seem weirdly positive that Inf is town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
discussing and suspecting inf without voting doesn't make jimson scum

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Why are you so sure he's not scum?

Nothing he's done is actually bad.

He's posted emotionally when asked about a throwaway guess he made for the game.

Here's how I perceive the misunderstand between infinitum and the thread w/r/t multiple factions.

Infinitum makes an offhanded comment that he's not super serious about, just a random speculation. All of a sudden his random speculation is getting attacked. From his perspective he's getting attacked for some random offhanded comment he made, and being called scum for it. Infinitums anger, in my estimation, came from the impossibility of arguing against that kind of attack from somber. Like Sombers positing that he has information about the setup coming from him being scum. How do you defend yourself from such a claim? You can't. It's a he said she said type situation.

Every post Infinitum has made reads real and genuine to me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

This is the only part of the case that raises an eye for me, and I don't really think it's an incredible example of that. The fact that you quote pretty much every post Jimson has made, and make this analysis:

Mr. F! posted:

make me think you're just tunneling him hard.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

this is a stickup posted:

discussing and suspecting inf without voting doesn't make jimson scum

He was positing that TQ and Inf were scum together, and yet he unvoted TQ to ask inf questions. That makes no sense.

TQ was not a strong lynch candidate, but with kash getting stuck on infinitum and the way inifitum got angry/defensive it was easier to make a case on him and stand behind a false suspicion of him.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

BottleKnight posted:

This is the only part of the case that raises an eye for me, and I don't really think it's an incredible example of that. The fact that you quote pretty much every post Jimson has made, and make this analysis:

make me think you're just tunneling him hard.

I quoted like 1/3 of his posts. He's posted a lot of white noise on top of using two different posts to joke about how towny he was.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

You seem weirdly positive that Inf is town.

This is such a lame post.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Mr. F! posted:

This is such a lame post.

Not really, the way you were phrasing it made me (and probably KB) think you had a day result or something. You clarified it above so I no longer think that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Truth Quark posted:

Not really, the way you were phrasing it made me (and probably KB) think you had a day result or something. You clarified it above so I no longer think that.

Oh. Ok, that makes sense.

• Locked thread