Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Realtalk

Ecco votes are bad votes.

The entire thing with dancer and the chat log and the completely derailing any meaningful conversation on day 1 is stupid.

If i had to vote someone from that fiasco I'd rather vote dancer.

Right now I am down with voting asf, toal, or dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean i suppose i could actually be defensive if you want so it can be easier for you.

Lemme try.

OMG WTF gently caress YOU IM NOT BEING DEFENSIVE AGAGAHHSGSGANDHDJBCNCKVKG NRHDBEVWYWUE

Great now i had a stroke.

Oh look it was gonna be a two parter and I was gonna mspaint your avatar on the definition of defensive but I'm too hung over for that poo poo sorry

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Realtalk

The entire thing with dancer and the chat log and the completely derailing any meaningful conversation on day 1 is stupid.

If i had to vote someone from that fiasco I'd rather vote dancer.

Right now I am down with voting asf, toal, or dancer.

Ugh... I'd vote asf, but disagree for rest

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Asphyxious posted:

That’s a lot of whining followed by an omgus so big ups to you I guess.

How's it whining, it's factual, I've literally shown you to be lying twice, don't be disenguous. Lying is a scum trait.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I thought that people believed that ASF’s town claim was legitimate considering the circumstances. He could be jumping the gun with being seen as suspicious, but maybe he was just twitchy and since he was going to bed/couldn’t be at the computer, knew that he was under the spotlight and wanted to get it out there.

I can see the logic of going for Dancer considering he was the one that brought it up and the waited a day before revealing what he had and then the entire avalanche that happened afterwards. I think there was claim for him being Willy in there, but apart from that, not much was really gained from the turn of events.

I’ve already said why I’m hesitant to vote for Toal so I’m not retreading that ground.

I’m keeping on Bow cause I don’t have enough to confidently go after Dancer, but I will keep an eye on him in future.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

I thought that people believed that ASF’s town claim was legitimate considering the circumstances. He could be jumping the gun with being seen as suspicious, but maybe he was just twitchy and since he was going to bed/couldn’t be at the computer, knew that he was under the spotlight and wanted to get it out there.

I can see the logic of going for Dancer considering he was the one that brought it up and the waited a day before revealing what he had and then the entire avalanche that happened afterwards. I think there was claim for him being Willy in there, but apart from that, not much was really gained from the turn of events.

I’ve already said why I’m hesitant to vote for Toal so I’m not retreading that ground.

I’m keeping on Bow cause I don’t have enough to confidently go after Dancer, but I will keep an eye on him in future.

What about ecco?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh saw your earlier post nm

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m going to bed now and since no major decision has been made, I’m sticking to Bow

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote bowmore

I guess I could get behind this.

Didn't he replace into a game a not post once

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I really do think going the scum claim is the best.

If you think about it from Ecco's perspective, what do you get from claiming scum?

As a town:
If dancer claims scum with her then she comes to thread with the mirrored complaint about her masonry partner being scum. We have the same or a similar debate, because we can't be sure of what happened between them in the masonry or who's telling the truth and who's gambiting. This is the reward for the gambit as town Ecco.

As a scum:
If she's right, a traitor in a masonry with a scum member she gets to know her partner and not nightkilled depending on how much the scum team knows about a traitor.

If she's wrong, look at how divisive this has been. Scum team now knows not to night kill their traitor, if they've been told there's a traitor, and she flies under the radar for making a town gambit D1.

We would be in the exact same position whether the gambit succeeded or failed as town Ecco, but the gambit has benefits for the traitor regardless on whether it 'catches' dancer or not from the perspective of traitor Ecco.

I guess the gambit outcomes are like this:

Town Ecco
----------------------------
Success: (find scum) Trades Town Ecco for Scum Dancer (good trade!)
Failure: People lunch Ecco first and forget to follow through on Dancer D2.
Failure: Undetermined Dancer tells thread that Ecco scum claimed and we waste our time like this.
Failure: Undetermined Dancer keeps this to themself, and Ecco drops this claim in the masonry with a town read on Dancer.

Scum Ecco
----------------------------
Success: (find scum) Scum gets a hassle free other member.
Success: (goes public) Gambit gets towncred because apparently it's the obvious thing to do in a masonry. Makes Dancer look silly.
Success: (goes public) Scum team is now reasonably sure who traitor is if they didn't start the game knowing.
Failure: Scum Ecco gets lunched and we believe Dancer is townish, thus no trade.
Failure: Trades Scum Ecco for Undetermined Dancer (good trade for us! Bad for Ecco)
Failure: Undetermined Dancer keeps this to themself, and Ecco drops this claim in the masonry with a town read on Dancer.

I dunno. I realize it isn't a whole lot to go on, but I think there are benefits for scum Ecco claiming in the masonry.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways I know that the post I made will look insane and stupid, I'd be down to vote Bowmore who literally hasn't posted today. But if the scum are sporting at all they might do us the honours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Anyways I know that the post I made will look insane and stupid, I'd be down to vote Bowmore who literally hasn't posted today. But if the scum are sporting at all they might do us the honours.

Nah, that was quality. I'm sitting here like :golfclap:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna have to go with my boy dancer on this one
##vote ecco

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

willie_dee posted:

How's it whining, it's factual, I've literally shown you to be lying twice, don't be disenguous. Lying is a scum trait.

Good thing I literally never lied then :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eh ecco would be good but I'll consolidate wherever after I get a Berocca

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
voting me because I claimed scum in a private channel with a mason buddy is a really terrible reason to vote me. if you do so ignoring my content in the thread and the post-gambit chatlog you're even worse.

if you want to vote a lurker, vote for imgay, who is here and decidedly not playing mafia. if you want to vote for me or dancer, vote for me, because dancer is probably town. but that's a bad vote.

if you want to vote for ASF, that's probably a bad vote as well, for the reasons I've said.

if you want a good vote, vote for toalpaz. If you want a lazy vote, vote for imgay. if you want a stupid vote, vote for me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh that requires reading.

I don't like the ASF vote to put that out there

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Echo votes are bad votes.

*Chuckles dad like*

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mafia superstar, golden child and grand slam champion Asphyxious says Toalpaz is the best vote to make today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote imgay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh wait is it said echo or eccho like in gucci

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

Mafia superstar, golden child and grand slam champion Asphyxious says Toalpaz is the best vote to make today.

I also won Mafia Weekly’s most charming smile 5 times running, but that’s not really relevant. I didn’t out YPM as a cult leader by smiling at him!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
for the record:

Toalpaz posted:

As a town:
If dancer claims scum with her then she comes to thread with the mirrored complaint about her masonry partner being scum. We have the same or a similar debate, because we can't be sure of what happened between them in the masonry or who's telling the truth and who's gambiting. This is the reward for the gambit as town Ecco.

you insult me by assuming I have such low ambition as to drag the thread into a he said she said and nothing more. you insult me by saying that I'd use the chatlog as evidence and nothing else. you insult me by saying these things, because you're saying I'm bad at mafia, and I'm not.

if dancer had said "wow really? sure, yeah I'm scum too" I'd have kept it in my pocket, attempted to ingratiate myself further, getting a list of potential scum players, and then when my ducks were in a row I'd not just claim but make an actual case using people's post histories.

relying on just the chatlog and "🤷‍♀️ what can we do???" is bad mafia play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also mafia weeklys best wink.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

I would like people to comment on the following things:
- Toalpaz case
- The Gambit, or
- the Australians.

i dislike dancer's reticence about discussing Asphyxious, who I guess is also called Gaspy. In my initial role PM it said we were to be buddies, I hadn't noticed it was changed until after I started my Gambit and realized "dancer" was in the game and had the same username as my buddy. Humalong told us in our channel that it was because Gaspy was Australian and I, as an American, wouldn't have fun with him since we'd have such different schedules. this is incorrect, but also instead humalong paired me with a European, who actually has worse hours than me, which is very sad. This is inconsistent with what humalong said in the thread, which is problematic.

For no reason other than "I think my Gambit was the right idea" I suspect Gaspy is scum.

Humalong this is one of the reasons why you don't let people post chat logs, as a heads up. it turns private conversations into public spectacles, and that includes your contributions to our channel. I know you're a new mod but for the future, it's better to take a universal "don't post things that originated outside the thread" policy. I can't ignore that you've been inconsistent with why you paired me and Dancer together, and I suppose I should just PM you but that's not how I roll so, sorry!

Hey before you get mislynched by a swarm of oafs, what did you mean by this?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That ecco thinks you're scum by mechanics I think?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

Also mafia weeklys best wink.

I’m kind of cheating with that one :v:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

hambeet posted:

That ecco thinks you're scum by mechanics I think?

yeah it's nothing personal.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

yeah it's nothing personal.

Well okay. I’m town though, so hope that’s helpful.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I believe in u

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is it bad to be voting claimed scum idk

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

imgay posted:

why is it bad to be voting claimed scum idk

Do u like ur avatar

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

for the record:

you insult me by assuming I have such low ambition as to drag the thread into a he said she said and nothing more. you insult me by saying that I'd use the chatlog as evidence and nothing else. you insult me by saying these things, because you're saying I'm bad at mafia, and I'm not.

if dancer had said "wow really? sure, yeah I'm scum too" I'd have kept it in my pocket, attempted to ingratiate myself further, getting a list of potential scum players, and then when my ducks were in a row I'd not just claim but make an actual case using people's post histories.

relying on just the chatlog and "🤷‍♀️ what can we do???" is bad mafia play.

:cheers:

I don't know you!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Because it's a gambit (rhymes with hambeet)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asphyxious posted:

Do u like ur avatar

it okay, my favorite is still the 2 dudes in undies wrestling

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Toalpaz posted:

As a scum:
If she's wrong, look at how divisive this has been. Scum team now knows not to night kill their traitor, if they've been told there's a traitor, and she flies under the radar for making a town gambit D1.

We would be in the exact same position whether the gambit succeeded or failed as town Ecco, but the gambit has benefits for the traitor regardless on whether it 'catches' dancer or not from the perspective of traitor Ecco.

here is a helpful mafia hint for you in the future. the reason why scum lurk is because attention is the last thing scum want. scum don't like having focus on them, because it means people are thinking about them. keeping a scum player in mind means:
- being the target of night actions
- extra scrutiny for their posting
- more likely to be a "gently caress it" vote.

in general scum aren't going to go all out on a silly gambit that hurts them more than it helps. I might do it anyway as scum to make things interesting for myself, but it's not as black and white as you paint it.

these posts are bad, they're fluff masquerading as scum hunting. if you want to be a better mafia player, make an actual case on me, perhaps by reading my posts. don't just post a list of pros and cons and going "I guess this is it!!"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Do you think scum also get really defensive when they have 4 votes on them Ecco?

Or are you too good for that too? Hahaha.

Listen, I just voted you for a over a hunch that you knew what you were doing looked town, and you were scum.

There's no need to mafia mom me because I'm casing you. If I believe that you're scum advising me how to hunt scum the 'right' way, I can't take you at your word. You're pulling rank here, when the majority of players here will decide who to lunch, and I won't be cowed.

Case who you want, to the best of your ability. If you're asking me to take your gambit without a grain of salt, and to believe everything you say now I wouldn't be 'investigating' at all. This is Day 1 and people get lunched over all sorts of stuff, I think my vote is fine, I think you're scum, and I'll stick to it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hello! What a great day 1! We've got a little under 2 hours to go, and the following people have yet to make 10 posts. Here are their names and the number of posts they've made since the game started:

Kitiara - 8
willie_dee - 8
bowmore - 0

Lurker guns will be distributed at the start of day 2! Lurkers beware!

Ok that's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How are the guns distributed?

• Locked thread