Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ZypherIM posted:

I saw my first cheater earlier today too. He was trying to be a bit subtle till someone called him on it, had some sort of auto-aim and damage hack. Was 1-shotting everyone with default rebel blaster, including heroes, mid-air shots, etc.

Ran into this a bit ago, on Walker Assault. I had a run as Boba Fett and died in a split second to the starting rebel rifle when I had 2/3rd health to this guy. Most people on imperials just left the game afterwards, and maybe a 1/3rd on his side as well. Frustrating, but best just to report and leave - hit ESC, click on scoreboard, click on the player, and there's a little arrow with Report this Player a bit to the right of the player profile picture.

ZypherIM posted:

Yea leia isn't big points but contributes a lot to holding a point. Power-up spam and a strong shield, and you can shoot through it. Best setup is a nice long approach for them so you're out of grenade range, then you just hit your left blaster thing and calmly 1-shot them as they try to rush forward. Palpatine is great for flanking and his lightning will 1-shot big groups of guys. He also does a lot of hero damage if you can come at someone while they're distracted. Luke/Vader are great for clearing interiors, your aoe abilities and general tanky-ness let you pretty much walk through them, then people behind secure it.

Leia is so great on Walker Assault I feel like she should always be picked unless your team is doing fine with holding the uplinks. I enjoy Luke/Vader but it depends so much on the Walker Assault map or section of map whether you can be effective at all, or just opening up yourself to easy potshots. I had a match on Endor as imperial and picked Vader, but it was at the second set of uplinks and I had no good spot to go; rebels have the high ground and easy access to it at that. Though on the rebel side I had a great run as Luke defending Uplinks on that map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know it's nothing new for online shooters but the whole Star Wars feeling is kind of broken when I get killed seven times in a row by someone named whitemexican25.

Edit: it's not like my name is particularly in world either. I wish there was a random name generator that could make Star Warsy display names for everyone just for this game. That could be some hilarious poo poo.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 25, 2015

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.

Siets posted:

Star Wars Battlefront 3: My backpack's got jets. Well I'm Boba the Fett.

This is good, I like this one.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Parkingtigers posted:

Star Wars Battlefront 3: That's No Goon

That's the name of the SW:TOR guild though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Battlefront 3: I don't want to play with any joysticks. I want to go home, and rethink my life.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
okay Ion gun or whatever the thing that heat seeks in on ships is amazing took down 2 xwings and 2 snow speeders last game. Felt good I didnt do much else than that but it felt good.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
man, had a perfect confluence of chokepoints in Jundland being harsh and this game's respawns being arse: got a 25 kill streak with Luke, Force Blasting like a dozen Stormtroopers who were all grouped up, picking off the stragglers just by blocking, and then they all respawn a few seconds later a few feet down the canyon and all ate it to the Force again

:black101:

e: let me also take a sec to say, whatever your opinion of the prequels, at least in the previous Battlefront games they mixed it up with the vehicle gameplay. Hopefully future expansions grow it past "an AT-ST stomping on a Rebel face... forever"

Four Score fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 25, 2015

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Yeah Im a bit sad rebels dont have any ground vehciles sides swoop?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Well I tried to make a new thread but for some reason I am unaware of I got auto-banned for it so I'm going to scratch that plan. If someone else wants to take it over feel free.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Chomp8645 posted:

Well I tried to make a new thread but for some reason I am unaware of I got auto-banned for it so I'm going to scratch that plan. If someone else wants to take it over feel free.
Rap sheet says the old Radium randomiser for falling into the idiot trap, did you use an admin tag like a doofus?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Metos posted:

Rap sheet says the old Radium randomiser for falling into the idiot trap, did you use an admin tag like a doofus?

ATTENTION / HOT
I guarantee it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I used HOT. Is that an illegal tag?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Chomp8645 posted:

I used HOT. Is that an illegal tag?

Microwaves Mom posted:

ATTENTION / HOT
I guarantee it.
:hfive:

(Yes, it is)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh well. Lowtax deserves the $10 for all the time I've spent here. I'm gonna go play the game instead now!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh well. Lowtax deserves the $10 for all the time I've spent here. I'm gonna go play the game instead now!

I'm stuck at work so I can copy+paste what you got and re-add the markup codes.

I don't get Siets' subtitle, though. Is it a pop song?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Four Score posted:

"an AT-ST stomping on a Rebel face... forever"

I like this as the new thread title if it fits

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Star Wars Battlefront 3 : That Autisms Too Strong for Blasters

Adbot