Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Hey Epic High Five, do you like my new look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

A Tartan Tory posted:

I don't get it, just looks like a normal NC to me :v:

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

A Tartan Tory posted:

Time to collect some bonus cheques. :smug:

Jubilex
Nov 15, 2012
I was wondering, with all the player player stat sites out there, can any of them tell the average BR of the people on a server are? I get the feeling that Briggs is just the same couple of hundred guys now all getting up to BR100, with no new blood at all. Whereas Emerald sounds like the land of milk, honey and nubs.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
YouTube shitter 'vMAX' must have true, full blown autism, or at least moderate retardation.

Perhaps whatever affliction CWC has.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

vigorous sodomy posted:

YouTube shitter 'vMAX' must have true, full blown autism, or at least moderate retardation.

Perhaps whatever affliction CWC has.

You're being very redundant here.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jubilex posted:

I was wondering, with all the player player stat sites out there, can any of them tell the average BR of the people on a server are? I get the feeling that Briggs is just the same couple of hundred guys now all getting up to BR100, with no new blood at all. Whereas Emerald sounds like the land of milk, honey and nubs.
Emerald vs. Briggs

Emerald has a slightly higher average BR and a distribution slightly more weighted toward mid-rank and high-rank BR than Briggs, which is slightly weighted toward low BRs.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 20, 2014

Jubilex
Nov 15, 2012
I disapprove of the fact that it appears that my observation is completely unfounded. Now I'll have to think up some other excuse for getting mercilessly wrecked by br100s all day long.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

I heard on the wind that faction styling was getting an overhaul, and a big part of it was that the VS secondary color would no longer change to blue or disappear with so many of their camos, default included. It is supposed to be as glaring as the yellow is on NC

The VS tears upon losing their black camo default will be fantastic. Until then I shall just continue my current policy of killing anybody with a VS or NS weapon

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I heard on the wind that faction styling was getting an overhaul, and a big part of it was that the VS secondary color would no longer change to blue or disappear with so many of their camos, default included. It is supposed to be as glaring as the yellow is on NC

The VS tears upon losing their black camo default will be fantastic. Until then I shall just continue my current policy of killing anybody with a VS or NS weapon

Sodium chloride, also known as salt, common salt, table salt or halite, is an ionic compound with the formula NaCl, representing equal proportions of sodium and chlorine.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mortimer posted:

Sodium chloride, also known as salt, common salt, table salt or halite, is an ionic compound with the formula NaCl, representing equal proportions of sodium and chlorine.

Hey I'm the one that's posted these camos so I don't have a problem murdering these idiots, I'm just sick of so many new NC bitching about how all their joints glow yellow in the dark when they're fighting people wearing dark, dark purple

I'd be content if they changed the NC's default to dark, dark blue and changed our yellow to barely even render but then we'd be looking at more VS salt messing with our crops than when you mention the words, "assault rifle"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Hey I'm the one that's posted these camos so I don't have a problem murdering these idiots, I'm just sick of so many new NC bitching about how all their joints glow yellow in the dark when they're fighting people wearing dark, dark purple

I'd be content if they changed the NC's default to dark, dark blue and changed our yellow to barely even render but then we'd be looking at more VS salt messing with our crops than when you mention the words, "assault rifle"

Thus Higby overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities--and also the vegetation in the land. But Epichighfive posted, and he became a pillar of salt.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Epic High Five a real, actual CANISTER OP thread popped up on reddit, this time by NC thinking it's too good :psyduck: I'd copy paste but am phoneposting so I will just link it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2e2655/canister_does_waaay_too_much_damage_to_light_armor/

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mortimer posted:

Sedisp posted:

Thus Higby overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities--and also the vegetation in the land. But Epichighfive posted, and he became a pillar of salt.

Like the VS mass hex-crashing servers for over a month causing enough salt to make 75% of all players leave the game

So much salt :jerkbag:

If there's something that definitely hasn't changed in the roughly 1.2 years I stopped playing this game, it's that VS players are insufferable

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Epic High Five a real, actual CANISTER OP thread popped up on reddit, this time by NC thinking it's too good :psyduck: I'd copy paste but am phoneposting so I will just link it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2e2655/canister_does_waaay_too_much_damage_to_light_armor/

Oh god was that the sound of a seal breaking

The Fury-F has always one-clipped a Harasser, why is it suddenly a problem that a vehicle that costs 3x as much can do it? Westy's killboards (which proves that exceptional C85 streaks are ho-hum PPA streaks mind you), It's not like the C85 is as good as the PPA or even the Marauder against any other target. Take away the light armor damage boost (that ALL ESAI secondaries get mind you) and it's just going to get shelved again.

Kevomo is correct when he says that explosive damage pellets won't do poo poo for the C85 tho

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Westy543 posted:

:kimchi:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Like the VS mass hex-crashing servers for over a month causing enough salt to make 75% of all players leave the game

Goku kills fights and games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

So much salt :jerkbag:

If there's something that definitely hasn't changed in the roughly 1.2 years I stopped playing this game, it's that VS players are insufferable

If there is one thing that hasn't changed about goons since I started going to SA its that they love their hyperbole.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

vigorous sodomy posted:

I'm really sad his threat of making a youtube video of him 'owning' me never bore fruit :(

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I guess you are too afraid to 1v1 him!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm really sad his threat of making a youtube video of him 'owning' me never bore fruit :(

We all know you're (not so) secretly relieved...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does the engy Anti-Vech Turret count as an AP weapon?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I think it's on the same resist table as lock-on launchers and what not, it might just be its own resists though. I don't think it gets the bonus damage to tanks.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zierham posted:

We all know you're (not so) secretly relieved...

He sniped me once then got real mad when I counter-sniped him with the AC-X11 and threatened to make a movie of him sniping me for his channel. I have the counter-snipe shadowplayed and was going to respond with it but alas :(

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

GINYU FORCE RULES

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why even consider them at all when we can watch the creative director of the game literally dunking on the Vanu?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Why even consider them at all when we can watch the creative director of the game literally dunking on the Vanu?

Ginyu Force rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5M6pMkYmnk

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

The vanu have a history of curing diseases, including the tism
:goonsay:

unfortunately they don't have a cure for your MSG overdose

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess that video explains all the frosty, poorly framed responses you'll typically get from the Vanu :v:

Mortimer posted:

The vanu have a history of curing diseases, including the tism
:goonsay:

unfortunately they don't have a cure for your MSG overdose

Actually MSG isn't harmful to humans in anything like a realistic dose, and overdoses are practically impossible from spreads like Marmite. Unless you're pounding back shots of Accent you're safe so enjoy! Goes well with potassium salt substitutes if you're trying to keep your sodium intake in check, though really you should be getting more potassium :eng101:

edit - no TR tonight by the way, some stuff got moved around and I've gotta work tonight tonight. May run it tomorrow depending on how much juice I have after another long shift

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 20, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Actually MSG isn't harmful to humans in anything like a realistic dose, and overdoses are practically impossible from spreads like Marmite. Unless you're pounding back shots of Accent you're safe so enjoy! Goes well with potassium salt substitutes if you're trying to keep your sodium intake in check, though really you should be getting more potassium :eng101:
lmao marmite is the least of your worry

hope you buy unsalted butter

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

quote:

The Fury-F has always one-clipped a Harasser, why is it suddenly a problem that a vehicle that costs 3x as much can do it? Westy's killboards (which proves that exceptional C85 streaks are ho-hum PPA streaks mind you), It's not like the C85 is as good as the PPA or even the Marauder against any other target. Take away the light armor damage boost (that ALL ESAI secondaries get mind you) and it's just going to get shelved again.
what no gently caress off.

but seriously canister and sarons need tuning so that harasser vs harasser is filled with awesome chases and sweet jumps rather than insta ganks.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 20, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I see SOE lets pets around the office; Higby sics his dog on Xander, one of the level guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RIvRm-08mI

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In case you missed it at SOE Live,

PS2 devs read hateful tweets

http://www.twitch.tv/soe/b/558515822 @ 11:45 ish

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Fart Car '97 posted:

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Fart Car '97 posted:

He sniped me once then got real mad when I counter-sniped him with the AC-X11 and threatened to make a movie of him sniping me for his channel. I have the counter-snipe shadowplayed and was going to respond with it but alas :(
I got a video :smaug:

But seriously, that's Commander2x and not only is he terrible (0.3 IVI KDR, 70 SPM), but he will flip the gently caress out for hours if you ever kill him. Like literally hours, the first time I encountered him he raged at me for almost two hours, it was amazing; I kept him trash-talking me by only sending "k" and "really?" tells for like 40 minutes. Dude has major brain problems, and every one of you needs to send him a "get gud" or "#SHREKT" tell when you see or kill him respectively. He's just a treasure trove of anger, dude's more salty than all the oceans of the world combined, possibly more salty than a literal bucket of salt.

EDIT: Oh my god he has a T- rating for his NS-7 accuracy, which is a whopping 6%

how

how

how in the actual gently caress

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Wow coyotes. So BM.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So are there any solutions to the memory leak thing? I know people are saying they get an hour or two of play but I get maybe 10-20mins and then boom. Extremely irritating because playing with goons has made me actually like this game and want to play it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Not pictured: Zsinjeh mid-duel with a mosqutio when max racer frame+afterburner fart car comes out of fuckin nowhere and snipes the kill from the mosquito :c00l:

I need to double my Shadowplay because I just got a 23 kill streak defending an outpost against a TR squad while using the Cyclone and only caught the last 5min :(

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Desideratus posted:

EDIT: Oh my god he has a T- rating for his NS-7 accuracy, which is a whopping 6%

how

how

how in the actual gently caress
What the gently caress is a T-, did you mistype F? There isn't a stat worse than F. You need to proofread your-

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I maintain that Commander2x probably has actual mental developmental issues. Watch his 'kill streaks' and tell me something isn't going wrong when his brain is sending his hands signals.

• Locked thread