Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Vargo posted:

For a recent example, Professor Clumsy chastized Godzilla for its obsession with "daddy issues", but I eat that poo poo up and that made me want to see it more.

True that. I read that review and half its points I disagreed with while the other half I found irrelevant. But then it's not just as simple as "I disagree with Prof. Clumsy on issues of gender and overly male-focused narratives", because his review of Redline was essentially nothing but him beating on its gender politics and I thought he was dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

dreadnought posted:

No Mr. Show :(
It looks like it's all stuff since 2000 (except for Gia), and even then not everything. No Lucky Louie either.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CloseFriend posted:

It looks like it's all stuff since 2000 (except for Gia), and even then not everything. No Lucky Louie either.

Oz started in 1997.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

The Amsterdam Kill stars Robert Mitchum and Leslie Neilsen on a globe-trotting drug bust,it's directed by the guy who did Enter the Dragon, a bunch of guys get trampled by horses, and it's somehow STILL godawful.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Gatts posted:

I've been having fun. Moved from Ohio. In Dallas FTW. Friendlier peeps. Going to Austin on weekend.

NYC owns though.

Yay congrats Flunchster!

Do you drink? I live in DFW. We can grab a drink sometime if you like dives.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just realized I mostly use snapchat for dick pics. Not pictures of actual organic schlongs but rather graffiti dicks. Today alone I sent everyone on my contact list 3 dicks as well as a picture of the word "penis" scrawled on an electric box.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

penismightier posted:

The Amsterdam Kill stars Robert Mitchum and Leslie Neilsen on a globe-trotting drug bust,it's directed by the guy who did Enter the Dragon, a bunch of guys get trampled by horses, and it's somehow STILL godawful.

This sentence was a real roller coaster for me.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Live and Let Die

"The Gang Gets Analyzed"

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
e: nevermind, I'm dumb and that's not the actual tarot card anywhere else

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

FreudianSlippers posted:

I just realized I mostly use snapchat for dick pics. Not pictures of actual organic schlongs but rather graffiti dicks. Today alone I sent everyone on my contact list 3 dicks as well as a picture of the word "penis" scrawled on an electric box.

In a tunnel near my house someone just wrote the word fart. It is my favorite graffiti ever. Rules so hard.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

FishBulb posted:

In a tunnel near my house someone just wrote the word fart. It is my favorite graffiti ever. Rules so hard.

This was outside my apartment for years.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

FishBulb posted:

I see you received my message.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Biodome posted:

Do you drink? I live in DFW. We can grab a drink sometime if you like dives.

I'll have one or two, gotta be responsible when driving. Hit me up some time on PM. I'm in Fort Worth.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Blogging sucks.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

FishBulb posted:

There was an episode of Get a Life where the entire inside of Chris Elliott's house gets tagged, and the most prominent one says, "Rear End."

It still makes me smile to this day.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
In one of your early hideouts in GTA IV, there's a sign when you first enter that has been tagged over with ANAL BURNS. Rockstar humor is subtle.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Blogging sucks.

then why do it?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

then why do it?

I'm as of late coming to the discovery that everything I like I hate doing.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm as of late coming to the discovery that everything I like I hate doing.
That's pretty much the definition of depression, in case you were wondering. I have depression and this is my life all day, every day.

EDIT: Prepare to gradually realize that every song Aimee Mann has ever done is about you.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

This was outside my apartment for years.

Sequel to Cool Dog lookin good.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
There's an abandoned van a few blocks down from me with POOPDICK tagged on it.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Blogging sucks.

Too bad, I enjoyed your Godzilla post.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.
'I've been reading Dracula' guy continues to send messages despite the lack of response.

Sheldrake posted:

Too bad, I enjoyed your Godzilla post.
Yeah, blogging can be a pain sometimes, but I love reading various CineD people's posts on things. I find that I appreciate films a lot more once I've read through your guys' various blogposts.

Edit: grammar

TwistedLadder fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 22, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Beyond sane knolls posted:

There's an abandoned van a few blocks down from me with POOPDICK tagged on it.
You should graffiti a line through the POOP part and then spray EYE at the end.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

TwistedLadder posted:

'I've been reading Dracula' guy continues to send messages despite the lack of response.

This is starting to roll over into scary.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have barely blogged. I also do not understand twitter.

I need to do this but there are not enough hours in the day to do all the stuff I can do.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vargo posted:

For a recent example, Professor Clumsy chastized Godzilla for its obsession with "daddy issues", but I eat that poo poo up and that made me want to see it more.

The giant radioactive lizard is Spielberg's dad.

Gatts posted:

I have barely blogged. I also do not understand twitter.

I need to do this but there are not enough hours in the day to do all the stuff I can do.

I used to feel like writing about comics but insane rambling stream of consciousness posts are boring so instead when I get a bug up my butt I just scream my thoughts into either the void of twitter or customers' voice.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 22, 2014

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Writing is one of those things you have to like doing, because otherwise it's going to be a constant battle to stay with it and its so easy to just go play a video game instead. I'm coming on ten years of doing my site next month, I like doing it and would keep doing it even if no one was reading it but me, but it's not for everyone.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Hey, related to what I last said, if I'm in a LDR with someone who's living somewhere that I've lived before and loving love on its own merits (in this case, New Orleans), is it still a terrible idea to follow them?

e: Well, to be more accurate I lived in Baton Rouge, but I went into NOLA pretty frequently since it's only like 45 minutes away.

Haven't you been in this relationship for like three days?

TwistedLadder posted:

I'm so embarrassed-by-proxy for this guy that I want to delete my okc account, and I don't even have one.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TwistedLadder posted:

Yeah, blogging can be a pain sometimes, but I love reading various CineD people's various posts on things. I find that appreciate films a lot more once I've read through your guys' various blogposts.

Yeah okay you know what I don't know what this dude is up to. I'd have given a benefit of doubt but you did good.

He's probably trying the persistent card and trying to wear you down or something.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

He can't possibly think that passive-aggressively pointing out how you're ignoring him is meant to make you want to respond to him any more, right? :negative:

On blogging, it helps me that I try to set as much of a rigid schedule as possible. Also, I'm excited by these recent opportunities to attend advanced screenings, so I'm more motivated to write my reviews of new releases. On a related note, I just sent an email to the Chicago Film Critics Association asking some questions about registration, and Peter Sobcynzki told me he'd keep us in the pile for consideration of new entrants in July. :dance: It's a long shot, but better to hear 'no' than not to try at all, right?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

FishBulb posted:

There's a crude penis drawn into the concrete sidewalk near my apartment, it's probably going to be there for decades.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I haven't blogged in months. :(

Tender Bender posted:

I'm so embarrassed-by-proxy for this guy that I want to delete my okc account, and I don't even have one.

Yeah, I deleted mine years ago but these make me feel bad about ever having one. At least I can hope I never said anything this dumb and awkward, as I at least got responses.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

e: nevermind, I'm dumb

To save time, you could make this all of your future posts.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

TwistedLadder posted:

Oof. Once this guy's diminutive sense of self-respect kicks in and he stops messaging you, and it's clear you've mined this particular situation of its comedy gold, be sure to send him a simple "not interested", for at least another message's worth of further debasement.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Nah, it's best to just never say a word like she's been doing thus far. Trolling guys like this is mad tempting, but ultimately not worth it.

I feel like at this point, our gentle prince is desperate for any kind of "win". Like he's invested so much into this that he demands some sort of recognition as a signal that it's all amounted to something. Even if her response is blatantly dismissive, that's just going to let him say "Ah, so it turns out she had no taste at all in the first place" and claim a sort of victory. Just never saying anything at all is going to drive him mad without stopping to his level.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Anyone looking for an appetite suppressant?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/high-school-cafeteria-shut-down-after-roaches-foun/nf4QT/

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

At this point you could probably just block him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfwm9CY5dao

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Tars Tarkas posted:

Writing is one of those things you have to like doing, because otherwise it's going to be a constant battle to stay with it and its so easy to just go play a video game instead. I'm coming on ten years of doing my site next month, I like doing it and would keep doing it even if no one was reading it but me, but it's not for everyone.

I've definitely hit this point myself. It's just a great release. Before I started blogging, I would just sit around constantly and feel bad that I never wrote. Don't really get that much anymore.

Hewlett posted:

On blogging, it helps me that I try to set as much of a rigid schedule as possible. Also, I'm excited by these recent opportunities to attend advanced screenings, so I'm more motivated to write my reviews of new releases. On a related note, I just sent an email to the Chicago Film Critics Association asking some questions about registration, and Peter Sobcynzki told me he'd keep us in the pile for consideration of new entrants in July. :dance: It's a long shot, but better to hear 'no' than not to try at all, right?

You'll probably get in if you promise to vet and supply the alcohol for their social gatherings. I would let anyone in who did that for me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Why did they have to put (1997) in the title of the clip, when literally everything on the screen was already giving me that information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Literally The Worst posted:

The giant radioactive lizard is Spielberg's dad.
I can't find the original clip, but here's an actual line from Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, as reenacted by the same actor.

• Locked thread