Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I know a lot of the flashback stuff w/ Hong Kong hasn't captured the viewer's imagination the way The Island did but I'm actually riveted by it and find it great to see it picking up speed. I figure that if Arrow goes 6 seasons we're on track to have seasons 5-6 include more context w/ Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the main problem with it is each thing they've had him do was a one off.

Assassinate this guy, torture this guy, steal this message etc.

None of it ties into anything except that they're grooming him. It's like it's a series of vignettes instead of an ongoing story.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or Laurel getting vertigo darted twice and Sarah smiling.

I laughed out loud when she got hit with the second one.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Not a bad episode. It resolved a lot of troublesome plot lines, so hopefully things will be good for the rest of the season.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I think the main problem with it is each thing they've had him do was a one off.

Assassinate this guy, torture this guy, steal this message etc.

None of it ties into anything except that they're grooming him. It's like it's a series of vignettes instead of an ongoing story.

Yeah but the real back story is the Yamishiros & they're letting the relationship develop w/ Oliver. The trade craft we knew was coming but now that we've gotten to a real level of trust between the Yamoshiros & Oliver, what comes next may be epic if handled correctly.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Laurel is using her newfound powers to get airline receptionists fired over twitter this afternoon.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
A really great episode. After the terrible poo poo that was the last season (I didn't even watch the last 4 episodes, I couldn't care less about Slade), it's nice that Arrow got it's old strength back this season. Malcolm is so much better and more interesting than Slade. There can never be too much Barrowman in an episode. Thea and Ollie being the best siblings is also amazing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait for Oliver to casually mention to Thea that she murdered Sarah.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

Good episode as far as resolving several hanging plotlines, but god drat all of those emotional scenes really underscored just how terrible most of the actors (including Amell) on this show are. Laurel, Lance, and even Diggle have some chops, but holy hell does everyone else make me cringe when they try to pull off anything besides no expression or jaw-bunching sternness. Can't wait for the return of Manu.

If you think Amell can't act his brother is even worse on the Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His brother isn't on the Flash.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Pwnstar posted:

Can't wait for Oliver to casually mention to Thea that she murdered Sarah.

I feel like that revelation will be tied into Lance also wanting to know exactly how his daughter died.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

His brother isn't on the Flash.

Okay cousin.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

Okay cousin.

Same difference.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you think Amell can't act his brother is even worse on the Flash.

I don't, to the former, and to the latter, maybe, but in his five minutes of screentime I think the jury is still out.

Granted, I haven't seen him in any of his other shows, so it's entirely possible he's worse.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 12, 2015

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Okay cousin.

clone

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The problem with the HK plot up to this point is that it was idiotic. The problem with the HK plot in this episode is that it's just retreading emotional ground in an hour where every non-HK plot was barreling forward at a flashy pace. The viewers already know that the Yamashiros like Oliver and vice versa. The audience already knows that Waller is mean about things because reasons. Every character involved in the non-flashback plot is in a different headspace than they were when the hour began, but the only thing that's changed about the flashbacks at the end of the episode is their physical location.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Timett posted:

I laughed out loud when she got hit with the second one.

I hope that Team Arrow fights Vertigo every season, and every season Laurel gets hit by more and more darts.

Vertigo: Man, are you even trying? You must love this stuff! What an addict! :haw:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

imperialparadox posted:

I hope that Team Arrow fights Vertigo every season, and every season Laurel gets hit by more and more darts.

Vertigo: Man, are you even trying? You must love this stuff! What an addict! :haw:

So you are saying that she is a Ghost Pirate.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Maybe the guy should just throw knives or something.

Or, like, use a gun.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Habibi posted:

I don't, to the former, and to the latter, maybe, but in his five minutes of screentime I think the jury is still out.

Granted, I haven't seen him in any of his other shows, so it's entirely possible he's worse.

Robbie was perfectly fine on The Tomorrow People. I think his Flash character is just coming off weird because he's playing a middle aged scientist trapped in a twentysomething's body.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Maybe the guy should just throw knives or something.

Or, like, use a gun.

Yeah hes got whicked aim and should be using throwing knives

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

Yeah but the real back story is the Yamishiros & they're letting the relationship develop w/ Oliver. The trade craft we knew was coming but now that we've gotten to a real level of trust between the Yamoshiros & Oliver, what comes next may be epic if handled correctly.
Hahah what trust between the Yamashiros and Oliver? So far he's just been repeatedly lied to. I mean yeah okay Maseo 'came back' for him but even that I'm having a hard time believing at this point. Maseo so far has lied about :

having the real vial
being willing to trade the vial for his wife
what their escape plans were
a few other things I know I'm forgetting

I mean is there one point where Oliver has actually been told the truth by Maseo?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

I know a lot of the flashback stuff w/ Hong Kong hasn't captured the viewer's imagination the way The Island did but I'm actually riveted by it and find it great to see it picking up speed. I figure that if Arrow goes 6 seasons we're on track to have seasons 5-6 include more context w/ Russia.

Unless they change the way they do the flashbacks they will run out by the end of season 5 as they run concurrently with the "real time". So at the end of season 5 we will see Oliver get resuced again (in flashback).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oracle posted:

I mean is there one point where Oliver has actually been told the truth by Maseo?

He is part of the League of Assassins.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

He is part of the League of Assassins.

Or is he? :tinfoil:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Valeyard posted:

Vertigo is really Bullseye. I don't care about it being the wrong company. :colbert:

Mr Beens posted:

Unless they change the way they do the flashbacks they will run out by the end of season 5 as they run concurrently with the "real time". So at the end of season 5 we will see Oliver get resuced again (in flashback).

During Season 6 they will just have flashbacks to Season 1, showing stuff that Ollie did whenever the show was off the air. :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oracle posted:

Hahah what trust between the Yamashiros and Oliver? So far he's just been repeatedly lied to. I mean yeah okay Maseo 'came back' for him but even that I'm having a hard time believing at this point. Maseo so far has lied about :

having the real vial
being willing to trade the vial for his wife
what their escape plans were
a few other things I know I'm forgetting

He lies to Oliver so much Ollie might suspect he's a Queen.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

imperialparadox posted:

Vertigo is really Bullseye. I don't care about it being the wrong company. :colbert:

During Season 6 they will just have flashbacks to Season 1, showing stuff that Ollie did whenever the show was off the air. :v:

Maybe they re-pilot and jump ahead five years. Give them a chance to really shake up the cast/story line etc.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Maybe they re-pilot and jump ahead five years. Give them a chance to really shake up the cast/story line etc.

Would Ollie come back with a beard? I'm on board.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Valeyard posted:

DC's last master of knife throwing got ganked by Ollie in five minutes in season 1. RIP Brutale, never forget.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 12, 2015

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Valeyard posted:

Coated with Vertigo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Like a ....flash forward?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

GreenNight posted:

Like a ....flash forward?

But Diggle is dead in the flashforward, so we spend the rest of the season trying to figure out how he dies.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TyrantWD posted:

But Diggle is dead in the flashforward, so we spend the rest of the season trying to figure out how he dies.

Plane crash due to an unexplained green light. No body was found.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Apparently the girl who played the huntress in in contention for a lead role in the Deathpool movie...I guess Fox wants it to tank.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Oroborus posted:

Apparently the girl who played the huntress in in contention for a lead role in the Deathpool movie...I guess Fox wants it to tank.

Ryan Reynolds, ruiner of franchises.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Name one franchise he ruined...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Name one franchise he ruined...

Green Lantern. Killed it before it even left the ground.

Also, Blade (though that one was equal portions Dominic Purcell and Ryan Reynolds)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Also, Blade (though that one was equal portions Dominic Purcell and Ryan Reynolds)

That was mostly Wesley Snipes and his actions on set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

Ryan Reynolds was good in Blade :confused:

• Locked thread