Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

HACK THE BONE. HACK THE BOOOOONE.

Also laughing at the russian cheerleaders gogo dancing in the stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
strategy talk: why does switzerland go right for the center up front, while canada leaves their stones well short of the house?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

you irl posted:

strategy talk: why does switzerland go right for the center up front, while canada leaves their stones well short of the house?

personal preference probably.

just different ways of littering up the place and blocking the other teams tosses

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
Woo! :canada: About time ladies.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

klockwerk posted:

Woo! :canada: About time ladies.

canada owns tbh

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

queeb posted:

canada owns tbh

Holy crap they did it again. :canada: :canada:

Edit: Someone .gif that second goal. Wow.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress what a game though, the Finns are really playing hard! Seems like there is more competition now.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Kerbal Skiing Program

Hahahahah, this... Yes, just this. If the title ever gets changed, and I'm NOT saying it should, this should be our #2 fallback.
:jeb:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
more strategy talk: so are the canadians basically conceding this end to the swiss, but trying to limit them to one point? And since they have the last throw in the last end, they can try to make up for it then?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

just checked the schedule and y'all are getting frothy about men's curling

:dominic:

seriously when is the russian women team going to play, i recently found out they're pretty hot

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/02/09/olga_graf_russian_speed_skater_unzips_suit_for_accidental_striptease.html

halwain
May 31, 2011
Well there isnt anything at all underneath so she should be fine.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

seriously when is the russian women team going to play, i recently found out they're pretty hot

ludmila privivkova :h:

even though she has what is possibly the worst name ever

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SpannerX posted:

Holy gently caress what a game though, the Finns are really playing hard! Seems like there is more competition now.

They played so hard that they got shut out 3-0! YOU JUST GOT TAKEN TO POUND TOWN FINLAND WOOOOOO!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the swiss are playing super defensively. I'm betting they're going to take the easy shot to give up 2 in this end, and then just go stone for stone to take a cheap 1 in the extra end.

edit: assuming jacobs can get his weight right. :negative:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 10, 2014

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

you missed them today

yes they're fine

but i miss cheryl bernard

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I swear in like 2006 there was a "Women of Curling" nude calendar.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

you missed them today

yes they're fine

but i miss cheryl bernard

rename the curling sheet the bone zone

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Still my favourite.

gonnamakeitgonnamakeitgonnamakeit

ohmygodohmygodYAAAAAY

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

:fsmug:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The soda jerk who set that up deserves a big rear end raise.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Has Russia's greatest been sighted yet?

Alexander Karelin 3 golds and a silver. Also "Karelin's wrestling record is 887 wins and only one loss in his entire sport career" He is a politician now he has to be part of this somehow. EDIT :Ah he carried the torch at one point.

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 10, 2014

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Man I could spend all day just watching highlights of people eating poo poo on the slopes. Why is it so funny to watch people fall down?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Way more impressive than anything at the olympics.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

InterFaced posted:

The soda jerk who set that up deserves a big rear end raise.

idk he forgot a tiny swastika somewhere so pffft

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Junkie Disease posted:

Alexander Karelin 3 golds and a silver. Also "Karelin's wrestling record is 887 wins and only one loss in his entire sport career" He is a politician now he has to be part of this somehow. EDIT :Ah he carried the torch at one point.

That dude's head.......

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wonder if he designed the slopes in this with his hands.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Someone got mad:

SBS News posted:

"It's a gross misrepresentation of everything. All of it seems like a lie to me," Niccum, the oldest member of the American luge team at 36 and now a three-time Olympian, told Reuters.

"To compare sports to sexuality is ridiculous," added Niccum of the video, which can be viewed on the Toronto-based organisation's website (https://www.cidi-icdi.ca).

"When we were kids I didn't get on the doubles sled thinking, well it never even crossed my mind, that 'oh, this is gay'. You think of like...wrestlers...football players, or whoever...'oh it's male on male contact so something is going on'. It's just sportsmanship. When did we come so sexual about everything?

those homosexuals ruining our completely not-gay sport with their sexuality :qq:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Naxuz posted:

Someone got mad:

those homosexuals ruining our completely not-gay sport with their sexuality :qq:

Me thinks the luger doth protest too much :gay:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

you irl posted:

you can "curl" the stone behind the guards short of the house. this makes them harder to remove later.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Junkie Disease posted:

he won 4 golds in my heart :ussr:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

thunderspanks posted:

Man I could spend all day just watching highlights of people eating poo poo on the slopes. Why is it so funny to watch people fall down?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Paradox Personified posted:

gonnamakeitgonnamakeitgonnamakeit

Some motherfucker's always trying to snowboard uphill.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Overwined posted:

That dude's head.......

Athletic Steve Ballmer.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Dammit skipped over this on the last page

but still, once is chance, twice is coincidence, three times putin feeds you to dogs

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
some of those bitches are fairly bangable, imo

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

dad gay. so what posted:

Go away, Morally Inept.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

That's not creepy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

canada just barely missed the sweep in mens moguls, but canada still finishes the day at the top of the medal count.

• Locked thread