Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Okay, I am absolutely terrible and can't get past the Orc Campaign, it's like 3 missions in. It's against the Necropolis deck that has a bunch of poison counter zombies and starts with a Lich on the board. I'm using the Inferno starter deck, any tips for an idiot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Skype info: Taesoawful if you have any direct questions or want to request specific archetypes.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, they are. I've been playing with it too and like it but need more Forked Lightnings.

Yeah, I have been playing Myranda, and I think she's a very awesome aggressive fun hero, especially when paired with these guys:

But about two days ago, I wanted to switch to Akane because I had this really cool deck idea, which I thought would fit better with my play style, and would potentially be stronger against the current meta. The problem was, I didn't own her.

After playing Tao Jones today, I decided to blow another $50 on the game to buy another box of FW. I didn't pull her, so I had to use wildcards to buy her. But I own her now, and I made the deck I've been wanting to make the last two days.

Here's the Hero I'm currently using:

Note that not all of our decks are the same, and we're using slightly different cards (e.g. I'm running 32-33 creatures and I think Tao Jones is running closer to 25). I don't want to spoil how the deck works, but you're welcome to challenge us and find out.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Ingame name is Noir_Reborn, currently around 700 Elo with a Ariana deck, and by god do i like it. So many ways to clear out anything that annoys you, or just get that single punch through!

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So are there many other goons who like me migrated to MMDOC from Solforge? If so, what were you reasons? For me personally it wasnt that there was anything wrong with Solforge, but its so far from completion, and missing many planned features. Meanwhile MMDOC is already feature complete, and feels like they really have their poo poo sorted. I might pick up Solforge again when its finally done, but for now MMDOC offers the superior experience.

Something else I'm curious to try is Hearthstone, since the people who got into the beta have been raving about it, but will being launched so far ahead of of the competition help MMDOC hold its own in terms of player retention?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mr.48 posted:

So are there many other goons who like me migrated to MMDOC from Solforge? If so, what were you reasons? For me personally it wasnt that there was anything wrong with Solforge, but its so far from completion, and missing many planned features. Meanwhile MMDOC is already feature complete, and feels like they really have their poo poo sorted. I might pick up Solforge again when its finally done, but for now MMDOC offers the superior experience.

Something else I'm curious to try is Hearthstone, since the people who got into the beta have been raving about it, but will being launched so far ahead of of the competition help MMDOC hold its own in terms of player retention?

MMDOC was just a more complete and fun game. With a better reward system.

Also, I'm tempted to tank my ranking so I can make sure my XP Boost results in 5 wins. Even though it's very underhanded.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mr.48 posted:

This post pretty much describes my same situation with the added bonus of MTGO has pretty much poo poo the entire bed lately.

Right now the only question I have about this game is what other kinds of tournaments are planned, I haven't read anything about the game though so I guess I can see what the official website says. I ain't reading no dang CCG forums though.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mr.48 posted:

I didn't really migrate since I still play solforge, but I'm sort of waiting on drafts and some other features for solforge to become more of a complete game. This scratches my CCG itch a lot more directly.

Hearthstone will do well because Blizzard, but I do think MMDOC being out first, having a large Euro playerbase, and being (from what I've heard) a better game, will make it stay alive and well even if it doesn't "beat" hearthstone.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Mr.48 posted:

I stopped playing SolForge several weeks ago. I did legit enjoy it for awhile, and spent at least 100 hours playing it. I lost interest because I felt SolForge lacked some depth, that heroic/legendary rarity cards were a bit too powerful overall, and the game was too barebones (e.g., no automatic match-making with ranking, etc).

In terms of Hearthstone, I haven't played it, but I've watched a bunch of streams. Also, I've talked to goons that have played Hearhstone and have played MMDoC. After playing MMDoC they usually lose interest in Hearthstone and find it somewhat comparatively shallow, but I'm sure some of that is personal preference in the gameplay they're looking for. If you're interested in CCGs, I suggest you try Hearthstone when it's out and form your own opinion (but avoid spending money on it until you're sure).

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 25, 2013

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Mob posted:

This post pretty much describes my same situation with the added bonus of MTGO has pretty much poo poo the entire bed lately.

Right now the only question I have about this game is what other kinds of tournaments are planned, I haven't read anything about the game though so I guess I can see what the official website says. I ain't reading no dang CCG forums though.

You can jump into a Swiss or Jackpot tournament at any time with MMDoC. The days they're available alternate. They fill up quickly and are intense. I suggest you play in one. You'll find the experience enjoyable.

Also, based off the Cons I've been to in the Bay Area, I know that MMDoC is trying to push the whole eSports angle. I think they had like a World Series or Nationals or something some time ago. Don't know much yet because I haven't looked into it and I'm still getting my feet wet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ubisoft is really loving up the Esports thing because 1) None of the official games are on twitch or they rarely use it. 2) The world championship just happened in Paris and no one knows about it. 3) They didn't stream the world championship, in the year 2013 for an online-only CCG.

Should've expected it from the company that made Asscreed 3.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
You should maybe add into the OP that you should use up any xp boosters you have (although dont buy any), since they double your xp gain, letting you level faster, which is an important source of gold and seals (10k gold and 100 seals per level). Also, xp boosters often appear as first or second day log-in rewards. I usually cash those out right away, since I like to spend every play-session with an active booster. Also, after you use 10 xp boosters you get another 10 for free, at which point I might actually saving up for the long-term rewards as I would have enough of a booster stockpile to seem me through a week or two.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Requesting help for an ideal curve for my current situation. I am using the starter Haven deck and have used my campaign earnings for the box (seals) and packs (gold). Currently my plan is such: I have no creatures over 4, spells over 4, and destiny over 2 (so I never have to spend anything into destiny). Within my deck, I have 31 creatures, 14 spells, and 5 fortunes. My "turn 1" plays involve 5 of the imperial 1 cost guys, 2 tithe, and 2 gold piles. Its probably worth noting my spells are mostly used late in games and my typical strategy is to pump might and creatures out, and then pump into spells which is when stuff like cyclone and word of light get their best value. This is a lot of setup to ask a simple question, how many 1 and 2 cost creatures would you guys run in my situation? Currently I have 9 cards that are playable (assuming gold mine can lead to a 2 drop) and I seemed to reliably get a proper curve out but I despise drawing stuff like the imperial guys and tithe later in the game where they are close to useless and have been wondering if I shouldn't drop them, not that I have much to replace them with. Do you guys think it's safe to drop 1 drops in this game? What does your curve typically run? I recognize this could vary widely depending on they type of deck you run, but I'm sure everyones used a starter deck at some point.

I had no trouble with the campaign (lost 1 time between all the missions) and won my first online match handily. I just wanna get the deck I'll be running optimized best I can for when I really start to crack at it tomorrow.

Also, what is worth crafting for haven(/neutral) with my wildcards? I also saw a bunch of cards in the altar are locked and I don't know why or how to unlock them...

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I just thought of something, and it may have merit...

There are some popular streamers out there that act as bellwethers. I think Kripparian is one of them. Based off his videos and streams, I think he would really like MMDoC, probably better than Hearthstone. In my opinion, it is arguably apt that MMDoC:Hearthstone::PoE:Diablo 3. If someone has a direct line to Kripparian, tell him to try this game. I think it will hook him. Once he starts playing it, probably within a few weeks it'll be near the top-10 on Steam.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Mr.48 posted:

Yeah, I was playing Solforge. But the way the timers spazz out all the time just made me mad. It's like the programmers can't figure out how to make a timer that compensates for lag in the system.

I was browsing Steam the day after MMDOC arrived and have been happy since, except I'm terrible at the game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tae posted:

Ubisoft is really loving up the Esports thing because 1) None of the official games are on twitch or they rarely use it. 2) The world championship just happened in Paris and no one knows about it. 3) They didn't stream the world championship, in the year 2013 for an online-only CCG.

Should've expected it from the company that made Asscreed 3.

How the hell did this happen with Twitch streaming literally integrated into the client?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Mr.48 posted:

You should maybe add into the OP that you should use up any xp boosters you have (although dont buy any), since they double your xp gain, letting you level faster, which is an important source of gold and seals (10k gold and 100 seals per level).

Done.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So It Goes posted:

Requesting help for an ideal curve for my current situation.

I've updated the deck building section to provide more info. I've added the following blurb:

If you're new to deck building, it's best to start out with a deck of 35 creatures with resource costs breaking down as follows:
1 Resource Cost = Around 4-8 Creatures
2 Resource Cost = Around 12 creatures
3 Resource Cost = Around 8 Creatures
4 Resource Cost = Around 6 Creatures
5+ Resource Cost = Around 4 Creatures

If you graph the above out, it will appear as what's called a "resource curve" in CCG terminology. Please keep in mind that the creature resource curve I'm suggesting for new players is my personal opinion based off my experience with this game, and is not some truism. Once you become more advanced with the game, you can play around with different curves.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 27, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Trump actually played DoC a few days ago, nobody really liked it from what I've seen in the chat.

Kripp will play whatever he wants, Trump only did it because one of the community managers gave him a bunch of codes. Codes that you can't redeem on the steam client.

Toshimo posted:

How the hell did this happen with Twitch streaming literally integrated into the client?

Ubisoft doesn't know how to do poo poo, it's their motto. The only stream of the finals were two guys doing commentary on essentially replays that only shows one player's card view and hand.

So It Goes posted:

Requesting help for an ideal curve for my current situation.

Last time I went Haven as my starter, I just concentrated on a strong 1-4 base with Warrior Seraph being my highest creature. Fill the rest of the deck with efficient removal like Sunburst, Lightning Bolt, etc.

Read the OP on wildcards and unlocking cards in the Alter. You can look back on my posts on Sandalphon and most of the same creatures apply to Cassandra.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

If your game crashes, you can still play... just everything is gray.

Protagoras
May 9, 2010
Won my first swiss with my Dhamiria deck. Feels good.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I was testing out my pointlessly bad Inferno deck tonight dubbed "Test of Endurance" that features my randomly gotten 3 Armageddons and 3 For Whom The Bell Tolls and it has been amazing. It's pretty much every single creature kill or control spell I've gotten in a week combined with every ounce of card draw and based around the hero who can chuck a card to deal 2 damage. I got 3 straight people to rage quit before a guy opened the match with "nice name human being" so I decided to be extra mean. He managed to sit through a 47 minute match (not taking the max time either) before he finally lost to being decked all the while he was flaming me with insane gibberish in chat. I can't tell if that means this game rules or that I am a terrible person.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I actually did fairly well with my EXP boost and got myself up to level 17. at 1520 seals I'm still 8 levels away?

300 to 20. 200 extra from 20. That's 500 bringing me up to 2020... so 4 more from that so...

Okay 7. 7 more levels. Which if I continue my rate of a level per day just means another week.

... I'm going to try speed that up.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Protagoras posted:

Won my first swiss with my Dhamiria deck. Feels good.

Grats man. You have a good deck and you're a good player. It was only a matter of time.

Canopus250 posted:

I can't tell if that means this game rules or that I am a terrible person.

This poo poo made me actually LOL. Perhaps both you and the game rule?

Onmi posted:

Chasing the carrot on the stick...

Not sure how you do it. I couldn't stand that grind. I guess I'm lucky to have disposable income.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I've stuck every magic creature I own into my Necro deck and kept it at 59 cards and I still can't beat Fleshbane. What should I do?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Geektox posted:

I've stuck every magic creature I own into my Necro deck and kept it at 59 cards and I still can't beat Fleshbane. What should I do?

Double-stack your lanes with creatures, preferably with the magic creature in front. Focus on defending and killing his ghosts as opposed to trying to kill him. Around turn 8 his deck will run out of steam compared to what you can put out.

RE: Swiss tournament report

I played 2 Swiss tournaments tonight. Got 2nd and 3rd. There's at least 2-3 decks each Swiss that are pretty stiff competition.

I tweaked my deck after the tournaments, and it seems better for it. How did I tweak it? I took out my "Wambo combo" spells. And my deck is better for it. That's right. Also, I'm running 3 Spellstealer Wizards now, because, ya know, gently caress yeah.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Dahbadu posted:

Also, I'm running 3 Spellstealer Wizards now, because, ya know, gently caress yeah.

That's because it's the best card. Stealing strength of the sea and using time warp when your opponent thinks he has the game won is the best feeling.

fantastic in plastic
Jun 15, 2007

The Socialist Workers Party's newspaper proved to be a tough sell to downtown businessmen.

So It Goes posted:

Requesting help for an ideal curve for my current situation. I am using the starter Haven deck and have used my campaign earnings for the box (seals) and packs (gold). Currently my plan is such: I have no creatures over 4, spells over 4, and destiny over 2 (so I never have to spend anything into destiny). Within my deck, I have 31 creatures, 14 spells, and 5 fortunes. My "turn 1" plays involve 5 of the imperial 1 cost guys, 2 tithe, and 2 gold piles. Its probably worth noting my spells are mostly used late in games and my typical strategy is to pump might and creatures out, and then pump into spells which is when stuff like cyclone and word of light get their best value. This is a lot of setup to ask a simple question, how many 1 and 2 cost creatures would you guys run in my situation? Currently I have 9 cards that are playable (assuming gold mine can lead to a 2 drop) and I seemed to reliably get a proper curve out but I despise drawing stuff like the imperial guys and tithe later in the game where they are close to useless and have been wondering if I shouldn't drop them, not that I have much to replace them with. Do you guys think it's safe to drop 1 drops in this game? What does your curve typically run? I recognize this could vary widely depending on they type of deck you run, but I'm sure everyones used a starter deck at some point.

I had no trouble with the campaign (lost 1 time between all the missions) and won my first online match handily. I just wanna get the deck I'll be running optimized best I can for when I really start to crack at it tomorrow.

Also, what is worth crafting for haven(/neutral) with my wildcards? I also saw a bunch of cards in the altar are locked and I don't know why or how to unlock them...

The cards in the Altar of Wishes are locked because you need to own 200 cards from a set to unlock being able to buy them. (I think that's a dumb rule, but there you go.)

I think you've got a good idea of the basics, though a lot of the Cassandra decks I've seen go the other way and have a lot of efficient creatures, hardly any spells, and a bunch of fortunes focusing on generating resources or disrupting the opponent. This creates a really strong and consistent rush deck.

For 1-drops, I only tend to like guys that can accelerate you in other ways, like the Scholar for Academy (he boosts your Magic by +1 as long as he's in play) or Tithe Collector for Haven.

In terms of things to buy, if you're going to stick with Haven, I think the first thing you should do if you're committed to Haven is unlock Void Rising and buy 4 Wolf Captains. They're a bit expensive, since they're non-unique Epics from an expansion (I think they're 16 WC each?), but they're an awesome card. For good neutral cards, Pao Deathseeker fits into a lot of decks.

Mr.48 posted:

Solforge

I played Solforge a little bit and I didn't have much fun with it. I don't think that game is designed well or priced fairly. Hearthstone is a decent game but I don't think the current card pool has much strategic depth.

fantastic in plastic fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 25, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Played in 3 swiss tournies, at one tourney it was literally 6 Necros and 2 Others. Basic Adar is still pretty strong, though the one tourney I didn't win was because there was an OTK and that's an impossible match-up.

edit: Finally got Arianna after saving up the 125k gold, first swiss tournament I win with her by rushing down two Ishumas and never drawing Insect Swarm once. Ironically hilarious.

Tae fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 25, 2013

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I have 57 wildcards and am paralyzed by choice. :(

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So does anyone know how long will the big box remain at 2399? I am at level 9 with 2040 and depending on whether I'll be able to cash in the seals in five days, I need two or three more levels to get that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Megazver posted:

So does anyone know how long will the big box remain at 2399? I am at level 9 with 2040 and depending on whether I'll be able to cash in the seals in five days, I need two or three more levels to get that.

I have no idea myself, but I've been playing since Steam live day and in that time the shop offers have only revised once. I suspect they are on a monthly schedule.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mr.48 posted:

I migrated to MMDOC from solforge for two reasons:

1. The design of the game - mostly, forced attack, two cards a round - makes the gameplay stale and invalidates a lot of cards and strategies from ever being viable. It's probably too late to change this decision, and they could work around it if they released future sets on the understanding that weak cards have no place in a game where literally every card played has to have an effect on the board to be worth playing. Even in a draft format there is way too many cards that are just... unplayable, like, playing these cards will likely lose you the game. If they are going to build the game around such a restrictive mechanic of play, they need to build the cards around that. All of the cards. I was hopeful but then they announced they were releasing a new set that had less than 30 cards in it, and most of them were legendary, and I realized that Solforge's development team is either woefully understaffed or woefully incompetent. I was willing to believe the former until they announced you could only trade cards you bought with real money, and then I just realized it was the latter.

2. Most useful cards are going to be rares, and I expect that from my experience with other sets. But there are always standout commons and uncommons that are worth playing in constructed formats in other TCGs. Some of those cards are absolutely outstanding, some of them are staples in every deck that builds around that color or resource or whatever. The overwhelming majority of useful cards in Solforge are Legendary or Heroic. The ones that aren't Legendary or Heroic are Rares, which are admittedly not nearly as hard to come by of a resource as they are in other games but the fact is, I wasn't able to win games until I'd farmed cards off the computer for months and in the end I still lack the legendaries to play effectively in matchmaking. The only way to get a good deck in Solforge is to plop down a shitload of money on premium packs and if I wouldn't pay ten dollars for a pack of cards in real life, I'm sure as gently caress not going to pay ten dollars for a pack of virtual cards in a videogame I don't expect to exist this time next year.

I don't know if MMDOC is going to be able to survive Hearthstone and Hex. It seems that their marketing is not very great right now and they are not taking the esports end seriously, but it's apparently pretty popular in Europe so hopefully it carves a niche for itself. This game is a lot of fun and I want it to succeed, so I'm going to point my friends here and I hope you all do the same.

Megazver posted:

From what I understand these promotions last for weeks or months at a time, so you have plenty of time to scrimp and save for the box.

Cryohazard posted:

I have 57 wildcards and am paralyzed by choice. :(

Buy Pao Deathseekers if you don't have any. Even if you don't use them in your deck right now you will use them in a deck eventually, they are just too freaking good to not use. I can't count the number of matches I've won by the skin of my teeth because my opponent left a lane open with 4 or 5 health and I had a Pao Deathseeker and a damage buff event card up.

edit: And honestly why would any deck not use a few of these, anyway? They're free damage to your opponent or a good source of removal for a pretty cheap cost.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 25, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Because 3 Might and 3 resources for 3 damage to a creature if it's not behind something else and if it doesn't have protection is pretty poor for a Magic deck that can deal 3 damage to all creatures for 3 resources or kill any creature outright for 4.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The only decks I wouldn't run Paos in is one where I'm running Earths Grasp specifically to stop other peoples Paos.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I think I'm going to just start over. I tried to make a passable Dhamiria deck, but so much of the stuff you need is stupidly expensive. Besides, there's no other way I'm gonna get the 10 in a row achievement.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Cryohazard posted:

I think I'm going to just start over. I tried to make a passable Dhamiria deck, but so much of the stuff you need is stupidly expensive. Besides, there's no other way I'm gonna get the 10 in a row achievement.

I've found Dhamiria pretty cheap to build, actually. Can you post your deck and what you're having trouble getting?

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.
OK, I just broke 1000 ELO last night, and I can't even come close to touching Ishuma decks. I switched from Academy to Ariana/Necro because I was stalling out around 850 ELO, here's what I am running right now:

Hero:
Ariana

Events:
2 Celebration
1 Week of mercenaries
1 week of taxes (I think I need more of these)
2 hail storm
2 month of dancing flames

Critters:
4 wretched ghoul
3 Neophyte lich
4 plague skeleton
4 moonsilk skeleton
4 paos
2 plague zombies
3 untamed wraith
2 soul-consuming lich
4 decay spitters
1 atropos
2 living nightmare
2 banshee

Spells:
2 dispel magic
1 earthquake
3 moonsilk fetters
2 insect swarm
4 soulreaver
2 shadow image
2 puppet master
1 curse of the netherworld
1 void ripple

fortunes:
2 no rest for the wicked

Ishuma just absolutely steamrolls me. I have no answer for a turn 1 goldpile -> dark assassin (except to burn an insect swarm, which I never draw anyway) my board sweepers don't kill the bigger honor creatures, it's just way too fast with too much much efficient board control. What do, goons? How are 1000+ ELO deck dealing with Ishuma? I can put together a respectable Inferno or Academy deck as well, if necro isnt competitive at that level.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ylide posted:

OK, I just broke 1000 ELO last night, and I can't even come close to touching Ishuma decks. I switched from Academy to Ariana/Necro because I was stalling out around 850 ELO, here's what I am running right now:

Hero:
Ariana

Events:
2 Celebration
1 Week of mercenaries
2 hail storm

Critters:
4 wretched ghoul
3 Neophyte lich
4 plague skeleton
4 moonsilk skeleton
4 paos
2 plague zombies
3 untamed wraith
2 soul-consuming lich
4 decay spitters
1 atropos
2 living nightmare
2 banshee

Spells:
2 dispel magic
1 earthquake
3 moonsilk fetters
2 insect swarm
4 soulreaver
2 shadow image
2 puppet master
1 void ripple

fortunes:
2 no rest for the wicked

Ishuma just absolutely steamrolls me. I have no answer for a turn 1 goldpile -> dark assassin (except to burn an insect swarm, which I never draw anyway) my board sweepers don't kill the bigger honor creatures, it's just way too fast with too much much efficient board control. What do, goons? How are 1000+ ELO deck dealing with Ishuma? I can put together a respectable Inferno or Academy deck as well, if necro isnt competitive at that level.

Ariana doesn't do it, but Adar-Malik does. Fire Bolt is huge in that matchup, as are Forbidden Flame and Fireball.

One of the problems you're having is running Week of Mercenaries, which is an event Ishuma also runs 3-4 of. With Mercs up every third turn instead of every fourth, they get an advantage. You do also need more Week of Taxes, having a 20-25% chance of shutting down Gold Pile can be crucial if they're playing first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fantastic in plastic
Jun 15, 2007

The Socialist Workers Party's newspaper proved to be a tough sell to downtown businessmen.

Ylide posted:

Hero:
Ariana

Events:
2 Celebration
1 Week of mercenaries
2 hail storm

Critters:
4 wretched ghoul
3 Neophyte lich
4 plague skeleton
4 moonsilk skeleton
4 paos
2 plague zombies
3 untamed wraith
2 soul-consuming lich
4 decay spitters
1 atropos
2 living nightmare
2 banshee

Spells:
2 dispel magic
1 earthquake
3 moonsilk fetters
2 insect swarm
4 soulreaver
2 shadow image
2 puppet master
1 void ripple

fortunes:
2 no rest for the wicked

For stopping a Dark Assassin rush, some cheap answers could be Earthquakes or Slow. At 3 mana, you could stick something like a Vampire Knight or Untamed Wraith in the assassin's lane which he can't easily kill. I'd definitely consider using different events than many of the ones you have -- generally speaking Celebration is bad because your opponent's card quality is going to be the same as yours, so unless you're fishing for something that will immediately kill him he's likely to just draw into an answer for whatever you draw. Day of Fortune or Market of Shadows would be better card-draw or cycle choices, I think. Week of Mercenaries and Month of Dancing Flames seem like bad ideas because a rush player will use those to help kill you.

• Locked thread