Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

All the games on right now involving ranked teams are actually really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat the Dawgs might want to guard Hilliard on the 3 point line.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TCU is taking Oklahoma St. down to the wire.

E: And now they're blowing OKST off the court.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 15, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow what a terrible mistake on defense by Butler, left the hottest shooter because he passed it with 5 seconds left.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Wow what a terrible mistake on defense by Butler, left the hottest shooter because he passed it with 5 seconds left.

They deserve this loss. That motherfucker was draining them all night and they refused to get a man on him.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Duke's gonna win this one, but Syracuse tested them. I would have liked the extra game in the ACC standings.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I really loving hate Villanova and I'm not sure why...

edit: I just remembered why. They should have lost as a 2 seed in 2010 to 15 seed Robert Morris, but the refs just absolutely gifted them a victory.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 15, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow what an amazing inbounds play that was drawn up, gave them a wide open 3 having to go full court with 1.5 seconds left. Butler missed it of course, but props to the coach. Really good game, shouldn't hurt either team really.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Wow what an amazing inbounds play that was drawn up, gave them a wide open 3 having to go full court with 1.5 seconds left. Butler missed it of course, but props to the coach. Really good game, shouldn't hurt either team really.

I expected a loss but seeing them go toe to toe, I really wanted this game. I'm just pissed as hell that they let that dude drain like 9 threes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SeannieDarko posted:

I expected a loss but seeing them go toe to toe, I really wanted this game. I'm just pissed as hell that they let that dude drain like 9 threes.

Most of them were very well defended. That last one though, oof tough to give that up. I watched OSU lose because a 3 point shooter and then Butler lose because a hot 3 point shooter. Hooray college bball

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't think Florida even got that off in time

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No wonder Pomeroy started the hashtag TeamBadLuck for Florida, christ...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't think Florida even got that off in time

They didn't haha

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I see that Gonzaga has decided to start playing lovely at home games too.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

K-State up 5 against Oklahoma with 11:38 left. Don't blow this, Wildcats!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ole Miss the only team to have shot any free throws at half time despite Portis constantly getting mugged

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Spangler fouls out with over 8 minutes left. Yayyy!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Matey posted:

Spangler fouls out with over 8 minutes left. Yayyy!

The fighting Bruce Webers going for the win tonight, coming down to the wire.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

God drat K-State is terrible at inbounding the ball if there's any amount of pressure at all.

e: 3 terrible attempts at inbounding the ball within like, a minute of gameplay. these fucks!

Matey fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 15, 2015

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Foster you beautiful bastard. thanks for that 3, bud

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol at Oklahoma getting swept by Kansas State.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas just stole one in Oxford and my heart might have exploded in the process

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

elentar posted:

UVA holds on to beat Wake despite objectively the worst 4 minutes they've played the entire year. Hope Pitt got everything out of their system today prior to the Monday game.
Virginia's reaaaaally trying to lose lately. They're 23-1 going on 17-7.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In one hour the Iowa Hawkeyes will play at Northwestern and we'll get to see if the Minnesota game was just a hiccup or if we're going to be treated to another epic collapse this season! I almost drove to Evanston for this game, but the cheapest tickets on stubhub were like $40, and on principle alone, I am not going to spend $40 to go to an Iowa at Northwestern game.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is going about how I thought it would...

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses

OctoberBlues posted:

This is going about how I thought it would...

What do you think their NCAA bid chances are?

I think we're approaching the point where "10+ wins in a major conference = in" is not going to be true 95% of the time anymore, but I feel like 5-6 more wins (including BTT) and they are a lock, and looking at their schedule that seems pretty feasible barring a complete tire fire for the rest of the season.

Iowa's had a handful of nice wins and no real dreadful losses unless you think losing @ #6 WIS by 30 is a season-sinker. I guess the MSU loss is kind of bad.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If they can sweep Northwestern, beat Rutgers, and win one of the remaining four, they're 10-8 with no absolutely terrible losses and a couple of pretty nice wins. They would probably still need one in the BTT, but that should get them in.

Losing to Northwestern or Rutgers changes things though... :ohdear:

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Northwestern is doing their best to make this plan fall into place.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Ross posted:

Northwestern is doing their best to make this plan fall into place.

Neither team wants to win this abortion of a game

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hello NIT, nice to see you again.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Iowa-based teams seem to have trouble winning in the building of the worst team in their conference this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Finally

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
iowa hot drat lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's really rad that we're going to do this again.

Fran did an incredibly job rebuilding the program but god he's a bad in game coach and this collapsing at the end of the season poo poo is getting old. He doesn't even have the excuse of the conference being insanely loaded this year. It's completely average and we had the easiest stretch schedule possible and we're still going to collapse.

Iowa basketball died in 1999.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 15, 2015

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm glad that Northwestern managed to beat Iowa in a painful sporting event this year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm glad that Northwestern managed to beat Iowa in a painful sporting event this year.

Eh, realistically if it wasn't you it would have been Rutgers or some poo poo. I was pretty sure this was where it was headed when we got smacked by Minnesota.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue and nebraska in a big10 game that is pretty horrible to watch

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's a redundant sentence if I've ever heard one.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona is up 41-13 on Washington State.

There are just under 4 minutes left in the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Arizona is up 41-13 on Washington State.

There are just under 4 minutes left in the first half.

Having a good defense owns a whole bunch

• Locked thread