Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

ChickenMedium posted:

Dude takes an assault rifle with him when he travels. He has massive insecurity issues which are probably not helped by playing for the Miami Dolphins.

What exactly is an "assault rifle" because it's about as accurate a descriptor as "pitbull."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

What exactly is an "assault rifle" because it's about as accurate a descriptor as "pitbull."

In this particular case it's an AR-15 I guess.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grittybeard posted:

In this particular case it's an AR-15 I guess.

AR-15 isn't an assault rifle, though. Legal civilian rifles are semi-auto; 1 trigger pull=1 bullet.

Assault rifles are military battlefield rifles and are full auto.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
oh god

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im still nervous about the Titans game

Bills are 0-5 in the past 5 games against them

https://youtu.be/FCJFmL4oxPE

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Gorelab posted:

The NFL is my only refuge from the horror that is the Gamecocks this year. :negative:

it's quite sad. Connor Shaw, the savior of SC.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

AR-15 isn't an assault rifle, though. Legal civilian rifles are semi-auto; 1 trigger pull=1 bullet.

Yeahhhhh no.

I should expound. Don't.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey

gently caress you

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im still nervous about the Titans game

Bills are 0-5 in the past 5 games against them

Me before season: "Oh, we'll probably beat the Bills, yeah."
Me after Week 1: "Oh, we'll for sure lose to the Bills, yeah."
Me now: "gently caress, man, I don't even know."

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I still remember where I was when that happened.

On my couch. At home.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Its Miller Time posted:

Why the NFL Has a Quarterback Crisis: http://freetexthost.com/5o2xstj3yl

wait when did it become common knowledge or how the league operates that you gotta start your qb of the future right away? was it Luck or other qbs before? cause the whole "we gotta sit our shiny new qb for several years so he learns :ohdear:" is funny

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

the Florida gators are my only reason for living right now

Same

Gonz posted:

Nobody cares, hth.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Gonz posted:

The media thinks any Big Scary Gun is an assault rifle, so it's not surprising that the average civilian would make that mistake.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lessail posted:

wait when did it become common knowledge or how the league operates that you gotta start your qb of the future right away? was it Luck or other qbs before? cause the whole "we gotta sit our shiny new qb for several years so he learns :ohdear:" is funny

Jeff George, Troy Aikman, Vinny Testaverde all played the majority of the games in their first season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fire Chip kelly

Holy poo poo what an idiotic series of moves

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

no my team is good this year

I guess. Best team in the NFC south, smartest retard, tallest midget, funniest tff poster, most attractive democratic candidate, best color commentator for CBS etc.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 8, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The History of the Buffalo Bills:

Lose four Super Bowls in a row
Music City Miracle
Fifteen year playoff drought
Rex Ryan hired

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chichevache posted:

I guess. Best team in the NFC south, smartest retard, tallest midget, funniest tff poster, most attractive democratic candidate, best color commentator for CBS etc.

The NFC South has 2 undefeated teams right and only lost 3 games against teams outside their division, which makes them the best division right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GaussianCopula posted:

The NFC South has 2 undefeated teams right and only lost 3 games against teams outside their division, which makes them the best division right now.

At this time last year Tom Brady was finished. It's going to take more than four games for me to accept Quinning and The Ted Ginn Jr Show, featuring Greg Olsen and the Nobodies, as The Truth.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gonz posted:

shut the gently caress up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lessail posted:

Just looking at the last decade, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen (lol), Colt McCoy, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith and Jason Campbell all came out and started to the best of my knowledge (I may be off on the older guys from that list).

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Assault Rifle:
http://bugasalt.com/

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Lessail posted:

The part about QBs out of school not being able to read or even identify defenses doesn't sound like something new. Favre (famously?) didn't even know what a nickel defense was and that was more than twenty years ago

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like how the terminology used to describe the weapon is being challenged, and not the fact it was his wife's Ar-15

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Just looking at the last decade, Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen (lol), Colt McCoy, Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith and Jason Campbell all came out and started to the best of my knowledge (I may be off on the older guys from that list).

Tannehill and Carr as well. Bridgewater started twelve games his rookie season.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm sure a lot of those teams would have loved an Aaron Rodgers situation with their talented young rookie learning the ropes from a talented veteran for a few years before being thrown in the charging path of 300 pound angry dudes and no O-line.
But either those teams are completely desperate at quarterback and would rather roll the dice on a new guy than gently caress another season away with whatever turd they currently have, or the veteran on the team wouldn't take too kindly to grooming his replacement.

Anyway it's hosed and we've probably missed out on a lot of great football talent because of the current system. What other job has no incubation, training or learning period before getting dissected in every way? Maybe there's a reason everyone from auto mechanic to corporate CEO has had time to grow into the position

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

sweet thursday posted:

I'm sure a lot of those teams would have loved an Aaron Rodgers situation with their talented young rookie learning the ropes from a talented veteran for a few years before being thrown in the charging path of 300 pound angry dudes and no O-line.
But either those teams are completely desperate at quarterback and would rather roll the dice on a new guy than gently caress another season away with whatever turd they currently have, or the veteran on the team wouldn't take too kindly to grooming his replacement.

That is the Aaron Rodgers scenario. You can handle it the way the Packers did or the way the Colts did

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I like how the terminology used to describe the weapon is being challenged, and not the fact it was his wife's Ar-15

I guess whatever Tanny packs isn't big enough.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Blotto Skorzany posted:

That is the Aaron Rodgers scenario. You can handle it the way the Packers did or the way the Colts did

gently caress man do I have to come out and say that not everyone can be expected to be as sweet a dude as Favre? I thought that was implied. Unless Farve or Montana is your cool older mentor who teaches you how to throw balls and smoke cigarettes because he's still a bit bitter hey he's human, you're screwed with a few options

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

As playbooks evolve, the solid veteran who can just move around from team to team where he's needed is becoming more and more obsolete. A Jon Kitna or a Charlie Batch made way for a Ryan Fitzpatrick, who makes way for a horrifying void that teams will do anything to circumvent. This post is a lie, and doesn't make sense

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
OTOH, the list of starting QBs currently in the NFL who sat at least a year (Or close.) before starting are Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, Ryan Mallet, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, and Colin Kaepernick. That's a pretty not bad list. I still think rookie QBs should sit personally, not that it ever happens any more. Flacco was supposed to sit up until Boller got hurt and Troy Smith got sick.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 8, 2015

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There needs to be an NFL Kwai Chang Caine drifting around the majors, teaching the kids how to throw dingers

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

SlipUp posted:

OTOH, the list of starting QBs currently in the NFL who sat at least a year before starting are Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, Ryan Mallet, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Colin Kaepernick. That's a pretty not bad list. I still think rookie QBs should sit personally, not that it ever happens any more. Flacco was supposed to sit up until Boller got hurt and Troy Smith got sick.

It's like when Hitler started to uniform young boys near the end of the war in its hopeless stages. What I'm saying is the Ravens are basically the Third Reich

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Is Andrew Interception Machine Luck starting tn?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Tannehill and Carr as well. Bridgewater started twelve games his rookie season.

I was specifically looking at the pre-Luck/RG3 classes.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone photoshop tyrod into the chip kelly rejects pic

Ask, and ye shall receive

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

gently caress man do I have to come out and say that not everyone can be expected to be as sweet a dude as Favre? I thought that was implied. Unless Farve or Montana is your cool older mentor who teaches you how to throw balls and smoke cigarettes because he's still a bit bitter hey he's human, you're screwed with a few options

Fabre was never a mentor. He felt working with the backups was the coaches job, not his.

What Aaron Rodgers benefited from was a stable head coach who just so happened to specialize in coaching up QBs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

The History of the Buffalo Bills:

Lose four Super Bowls in a row
Music City Miracle
Fifteen year playoff drought
Rex Ryan hired

Missing something about running all over the place with perhaps most beloved player in the world for years, until he became the single most hated player.

WHOOPS posted:

Fabre was never a mentor. He felt working with the backups was the coaches job, not his.

What Aaron Rodgers benefited from was a stable head coach who just so happened to specialize in coaching up QBs.

I assumed I was missing a joke in there somewhere, Favre always hated Rodgers and whoever his other backups were.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Glad we're talking about Guns because Guns are Evil Weapons for Killing and they need to be Destroyed. Peace is the only option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Peace sells... but who's buying???????????????????

• Locked thread