Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
1. D Danal needs to learn about death.
2. D I assume that we can do some basic arrows and as that merchant dude said, someone skilled with a bow will never go hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. D
2. I
Of course I take Snarls. I also don't know how useful the bow will be right now.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1. Voting D, because yeah it's pretty obvious we should help Danal grieve and there's no reason to be a dick making it happen.

2. Voting K. I really wanted to bring Snarls as well, but I figure that if he's as intelligent as we think he is, he'll be able to figure out how to catch up with us soon enough. For the moment, we're being asked to go on a long trip, and can only bring one thing. The best thing for survivalism, then, is the flint with iron - we can use it to start fires, and with some work can fashion crude tools with it to do anything else we need. Individually none of the stuff we make will be a match for the other stuff we can take, but the fact that we WILL have all those options available to us will be just what we need. Let's not try to work out whether the spear or the knife or the bow is best - bring a flint and some iron, and with work we will have them all!

Tools are the very basis of humanity and civilization. Let's make use of them!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

1. D. She may be a bitch, but we are so much above her now.

2. There can be only one answer to that question.

Yup!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1: D
2: The incense, let's pay tribute to El and the Sky Giants
2: K The flint knife

Edited

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. D
2. M (D with a twist.)

If possible, I want to wake Snarls Barkley and inform him that it is now his job to take care of Danal and keep him out of trouble as best he can. Then, take the short bow and arrow.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 22, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Vavrek posted:

1. D
2. M

If possible, I want to wake Snarls Barkley and inform him that it is now his job to take care of Danal and keep him out of trouble as best he can. Then, take the short bow and arrow.

If you want to wake the dog up and say something, you can do so, assuming other people vote for it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

By the way, Dio, when we say a scrap of iron, how large are we talking about? Size of a thumb or summat?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

By the way, Dio, when we say a scrap of iron, how large are we talking about? Size of a thumb or summat?

Thereabouts. Suitable for striking a fire.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wake up the doggy and tell him to watch after Danal

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Vavrek posted:

1. D
2. M (D with a twist.)

I vote for this plan.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1F.
2K. This is a tough one. Tudiya says we won't be returning for a while, so we're probably going to do some survivalism. Assuming Tudiya accompanies us on our journey and doesn't just dump us off somewhere in the wilderness to fend for ourselves, we won't need to worry about food or weapons. Tudiya is a hulking painmachine whose signature move is beating monsters to death with their own severed limbs, and he's also got a magical spell that allows him to summon animals and slaughter them for food. Snarls is pretty smart, but we've got magic shoes that let us walk forever and I doubt Tudiya ever gets tired either. Dogs can walk for a pretty long time too, but if we won't stop walking for days that's just cruel. None of the expensive items serve us any good and they'd just be dead weight. That leaves us the wine skin, knife, rope and flint and steel. Assuming we know how to use it, the flint is the most useful item. A fire can give us warmth and light at night and if we can somehow make a torch, we will have a portable light source.

If there's going to be a ritual somewhere along our trip, I pre-emptively vote we actually try to reach out and touch the words Tudiya speaks if he does that words-as-physical-objects thing he occasionally does.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
1. D

2. K

Also tell Barkley to keep Danal safe.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Raserys posted:

1. D

2. K

This.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

1:D 2:D - Tell Snarls to guard Danal. We may as well go for this bow thing, although it's been two years and we can just about hit a stationary target.

Comedy Option: N : Order Snarls to go home and get our flute, then guard Danal.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 22, 2013

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. D

2. I. :cmon: We don't even need this question.

Hopefully this particular rite of passage doesn't include people-eating like the one in our village did.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1F, Monkey was there for one of the most important events in our life, and she wants to make him into soup!

2D. We spent all that time training as an archer, might as well make use of it.

Also telling Snarls to guard Danal.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do we bring our clothes, sandals, and flute? Can we only pick one thing and otherwise go naked?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

1. Danal deserves to know.

2. Gotta use that archery.

Additional: Tell Snarls to watch Danal!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Do we bring our clothes, sandals, and flute? Can we only pick one thing and otherwise go naked?

You are wearing your normal clothing, your sandals and a cloak given to you by Tudiya.

He rushed you out of your room, you only had time to grab your sandals.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Raserys posted:

1. D

2. K

Voting this as well.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

May I remind you gentlemen that Tudiya is saying we're going on a LONG trip.

The bow has ONE arrow.

We have NO guarantee of being able to retrieve the arrow after the shot if something goes wrong.

We have NOTHING with which we could fashion new arrows if we take the bow.

Choose the flint - with work and a little luck, we can fashion a crude bow and arrows if need be with tools such as that, AND stay warm at night!

(Heck, if The Unreal World taught me anything, all we need is a fire and a slender tree trunk to make javelins with! Reusable weapons, right there!)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yeah, but this smacks of ritual to me. The item we pick will have significance, so if we bring the bow we'll only need the one shot.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

jng2058 posted:

All of this!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
1. D
2. I

If we are asked to sacrifice Snarls, I will be pissed off.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Yeah, but this smacks of ritual to me. The item we pick will have significance, so if we bring the bow we'll only need the one shot.

There are some initiation rituals that involve dropping the kid off in the middle of goddamn nowhere with a tiny handful of supplies if any and expecting them to either last a set amount of time or make their way home. What will we do with our twiddly little bow after the first time we shoot at a rabbit and we lose the arrow in the undergrowth on such an initiation? :colbert:

Edit: Also, if what we choose has significance, taking the flint shows our cleverness and humanity by taking advantage of the item needed to make more tools and create life-giving fire! From flint, fire and tools all else springs - what can be more ritually significant than that?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If we are going on a right of passage let us bring an object blessed by El and the Melcham.

2: Other, Bring the flute!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I can't help but feel regretful that we spent more time with Rathal of all people than mom. Sure, we can read and do math, but I have a feeling that we'll be separated from Mom before we ever really knew her :smith:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 22, 2013

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. D
2. B - I really want to choose Snarls, but, if this IS a test of manhood, then it's best we take something that will let us be self-sufficient without it being able to be a crutch.

Minivote: Yes to waking up Snarls and asking him to watch out for Mom and Danal

Question to Diog: Do we know if Zepath has any sort of coming-of-age rituals and/or what they'd entail?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Raserys posted:

I can't help but feel regretful that we spent more time with Rathal of all people than mom. Sure, we can read and do math, but I have a feeling that we'll be separated from Mom before we ever really knew her :snith:

Yeah, that gets me too. We really should spend more time with her.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

Question to Diog: Do we know if Zepath has any sort of coming-of-age rituals and/or what they'd entail?[/b]

Indeed you do!

You know there is one which occurs when a boy turns 16.

You know nothing of the details, which are kept secret.

It probably does not involve cannibalism, the men of Zepath seem pretty clear on the whole "cannibalism is bad" thing.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Raserys posted:

1. D

2. K

Also voting for this.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

jng2058 posted:

This right here, why spend two years getting good at something and then not use it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BoneMonkey posted:

This right here, why spend two years getting good at something and then not use it.

What about the time we trained Snarls? Why spend years training a badass dog that can come along to pick a weapon with a possible one use?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

jng2058 posted:

Voting this.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HiHo ChiRho posted:

What about the time we trained Snarls? Why spend years training a badass dog that can come along to pick a weapon with a possible one use?

Exactly! We have a multipurpose dog! Snarls go find us some sticks. Snarls we need water. Snarls, dance for our entertainment. Snarls, sic balls.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Because we didn't train snarls to be an attack or hunting dog? He's very smart but I really don't want him to get hosed up out there in the wild.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

jng2058 posted:

Do this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

If possible as a free action, I would like to ask Tudiya to identify the statue before we choose. I have this hunch that aptitude with the bow is not where our strength lies, at least for the time being. We should seek out the help of whoever happens to be watching over us to guide us through our upcoming trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

RandomPauI posted:

Wake up the doggy and tell him to watch after Danal

^^This.

1-D

2-G The statue. Many of the other things will be useful, but pretty much no one goes into the wilderness alone because most of these things make very little difference to survival without a group. I may change to Nothing later, but for now the unknown Melachim.

Can anyone make the linkable spreadsheet? I can keep the count (just can't alter the templates).

Edit: I would ask no questions and only respond to direct questions.