Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Robot Randy posted:

:2bong:

so glad i can rip a fat bowl and then drink the bongwater

Does this mean there are effects from putting various concoctions into hookahs? What happens if you smoke cloning draught?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

18 Character Limit posted:

Does this mean there are effects from putting various concoctions into hookahs? What happens if you smoke cloning draught?

At the moment, nothing, sadly. The contents aren't consumed when you smoke.

e: smoking a hookah also currently takes 0 time

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

18 Character Limit posted:

Not this patch but we were having a bit of a discussion about the vapor/gas qualities of every liquid, so maybe sometime. ^^

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

At the moment, nothing, sadly. The contents aren't consumed when you smoke.

e: smoking a hookah also currently takes 0 time
drat, now I want to smoke magma, or eventually antimatter.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Can't wait to take a massive bong hit of gaseous primordial soup and see what happens to me.

e: especially can't wait to two-fist hookahs full of primordial soup and something else so I can blow monosludge smoke rings

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 27, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Can't wait to take a massive bong hit of gaseous primordial soup and see what happens to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOlsMl647E

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: especially can't wait to two-fist hookahs full of primordial soup and something else so I can blow monosludge smoke rings

These would be great to add to the Official Angry Diplomat THINGS YOU CAN DO IN QUD List.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

if I can eat them and wear their faces, I should be able to smoke them AND GAIN THEIR POWERS

please laugh about scope creep while adding this

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Oh god I found another sultan that had like ten wives. Is something broken?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I think that the current chance that a historical event will be a marriage is really high at the moment, aka i didn't see one that wasn't.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Is the spring-loaded mod broken? Just modified two pairs of chain boots and neither one actually affected my movement speed when worn

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I strongly support this polyamorous old lady sultan.

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.
I seem to be randomly unable to load saves from this build; if i save at the beginning in Joppa i can load that, but at the bottom of Red Rock i get "rollback to previous stable build"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Unormal: are you guys gonna change the (real cool) exploit with temporal fugue where you can 'L'ook and 'G'ive with time-clones, resulting in infinite stuff.

I dunno if its even a bad thing, per say. During a fight with quzdu symbiotes my weapons got rusted and rather than die horribly, I asked my time-clone for his sword & dagger, which is a pretty cool narrative.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

It's a bad thing because there are several interactions with it that remove all challenge from the game, and at least one interaction that can cause the game client to lock.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Unormal: are you guys gonna change the (real cool) exploit with temporal fugue where you can 'L'ook and 'G'ive with time-clones, resulting in infinite stuff.

I would assume so as they already made a fix for it two weeks ago, it just missed one case.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This should start at the relevant point for the current topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEoai-lXN0&t=416s

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Woebin posted:

This should start at the relevant point for the current topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEoai-lXN0&t=416s

Goddammit, I miss these games :negative:

I should roll a Cortez character in Qud.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Whoreax posted:

I seem to be randomly unable to load saves from this build; if i save at the beginning in Joppa i can load that, but at the bottom of Red Rock i get "rollback to previous stable build"

Can you send a bad save to support@freeholdgames.com?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goddammit, I miss these games :negative:

I should roll a Cortez character in Qud.
If you do you should post the build in the thread! TFP was such a great game.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I bought my legendary dragonfly burgeoning. Don't do that.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

genericnick posted:

I bought my legendary dragonfly burgeoning. Don't do that.

Toggles for what abilities your allies use would go a really long way for a lot of builds right now.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Toggles for what abilities your allies use would go a really long way for a lot of builds right now.

Please implement this when possible, and please let us apply it to our time clones as well. No, selves #2 through #5, I did not want us to use Time Dilation, I would greatly prefer it if we could chill out with that so literally anyone in the world can do anything at all ever again, thanks

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

packetmantis posted:

Oh god I found another sultan that had like ten wives. Is something broken?

er, yes. We posted a fix.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

yes

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Cool! Also, :(

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Is auto explore supposed to jam you into space time vortex tiles? If so: Mega uncool.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Unormal posted:

Not this patch but we were having a bit of a discussion about the vapor/gas qualities of every liquid, so maybe sometime. ^^
can you make NPCs also smoke at random

so I can leave neutron flux hookahs around

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

Unormal posted:

Can you send a bad save to support@freeholdgames.com?

It fixed itself it seems

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Post poste posted:

Is auto explore supposed to jam you into space time vortex tiles? If so: Mega uncool.

Well if you think about it, that's the shortest route towards an infinite number of possible tiles.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Whoreax posted:

It fixed itself it seems

That's what I like to hear.

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

Unormal posted:

That's what I like to hear.

It unfixed itself, I sent you the save, hopefully it was the right thing.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Whoreax posted:

It unfixed itself, I sent you the save, hopefully it was the right thing.

I DONT LIKE TO HEAR THIS!

(jk thanks for the save, got it reproduced, working on a fix)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When's the next big content update that will continue the quests?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
We're probably going to do the remaining systems work first, which includes an esper balance and alternate starts. That will get the actual game systems themselves all into a rough final constellation, and then it's first star to the right and all-content till morning. More content will be nice and very fun to work on but doing it, then doing new systems, then going back and redoing new content to take new systems into account is just not an efficent approach, so systems first. It'll be at least a few weeks till the next big patch.

e: Hotfix for failing save loads is up, should load saves that were previously reporting as broke.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 28, 2017

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Unormal posted:

e: Hotfix for failing save loads is up, should load saves that were previously reporting as broke.

Awesome! I had a level 18 save file affected by that, gonna see if I can get back into that game now

edit: Success! Long live Tamoorujr

my massive loot pile vanished, however :(

Revins fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 28, 2017

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Actually, the world is now.... constantly re-forming? I don't even know how to phrase this. Every time I go to a new screen it can't thaw the area so it just makes a new one. The world is in a constant state of flux. While I want to abuse this by shopping around at the stilt to find good items, I'm about to head out to a friends for the evening.

This game has the best bugs

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Unfinish3d posted:

Actually, the world is now.... constantly re-forming? I don't even know how to phrase this. Every time I go to a new screen it can't thaw the area so it just makes a new one. The world is in a constant state of flux. While I want to abuse this by shopping around at the stilt to find good items, I'm about to head out to a friends for the evening.

This game has the best bugs

Ugh ok fix going up in a minute. e: up

Unormal fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Jesus goddamn christ I've watched automotive devs take months longer to fix critical life-endangering flaws in embedded systems