Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
I really have a pet peeve about guys who cheat on their pregnant wives. I'm sort of indifferent about adulterer's in general, but pregnant or dying wife? you're a scumlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did Boreanaz do that? I honestly do not know. That is really scummy if he did, although sadly very very typical of powerful people and especially typical of entertainment industry people.

I'm up to "Earshot" in my re-watch with a Buffy virgin. Does anyone else find this stand-alone really underrated? Like I never hear anyone slam it but I think it's really fun without being too indulgent in its gimmick?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, where's the proof that he cheated other than what someone on the internet claims?

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, where's the proof that he cheated other than what someone on the internet claims?

You can just google it. Boreanaz himself discusses it, and goes onto crediting his continual cheating with strengthening his marriage.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20366077,00.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

You can just google it. Boreanaz himself discusses it, and goes onto crediting his continual cheating with strengthening his marriage.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20366077,00.html

God drat it. So much for giving him the benefit of the doubt. I wish I hadn't read that knowing we'll meet him in 3 weeks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sadly I'm not surprised. A dude who looks like Boreanaz can't be easy to tie down. Still a pity considering how I've heard he's a very nice guy to his fans.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
And it all could be PR smokescreen. Open marriages, or one-sided openness are very difficult for Average Viewer to understand, so this way if he was "cheating", everything becomes normalized rather than sensationalized. Him and her both retain face and respectability, and his show remains advertiser friendly. It only got out because wild n' wacky Rachel Uchitel, of the Tiger Woods Uchitels started to talk. I doubt it was anything out of the ordinary for David's type in Hollywood. See John Hamm et al.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mind the walrus posted:

Sadly I'm not surprised. A dude who looks like Boreanaz can't be easy to tie down. Still a pity considering how I've heard he's a very nice guy to his fans.

Luckily my girlfriend only had eyes for Marsters.

I thought I had a picture of her giving him the crazy face but I can't find it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

I doubt it was anything out of the ordinary for David's type in Hollywood. See John Hamm et al.

I wish this was a comfort. I hate to think of myself as a conservative fuddy duddy about this sort of thing but the idea of privileged men serially cheating in an industry that tacitly endorses such behavior just makes me sick. Yes every class of powerful men in nearly every industry from finance to entertainment to teaching to goddamn industrial welding does it, but I still don't like it and not because I'm not invited to join in the party. Now his public infidelities could be a smokescreen for polyamory or much more likely-seeming a semi-open relationship that Boreanaz's SO has all but formally signed off on in exchange for being "the one he comes home to" and all benefits that implies but even then it leaves a foul taste in the mouth.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

And you've had since the Clinton years to become accustomed to it. Some people don't want to gently caress, but want to love. Its very common. Its just not worth disliking him over it or reexamining his work on two of anyone's favorite shows over what is an unknowable situation.

And personally, I'd hope that SMG could do a little better than Freddie Prinze Jr. and also get something going on the side. Live a little woman. Who wants to come home and hear about your spouse's newest idea to reinvigorate Ryback?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

And personally, I'd hope that SMG could do a little better than Freddie Prinze Jr. and also get something going on the side. Live a little woman. Who wants to come home and hear about your spouse's newest idea to reinvigorate Ryback?

Neither of their careers have really been so great. Didn't she just have another show get poo poo-canned?

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Neither of their careers have really been so great. Didn't she just have another show get poo poo-canned?

Yeah, her most recent show got canceled. Sadly it only seems like David Boreanaz, Alyson Hannigan, and Seth Green have been really successful since the show ended :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaussian posted:

Yeah, her most recent show got canceled. Sadly it only seems like David Boreanaz, Alyson Hannigan, and Seth Green have been really successful since the show ended :(

Amy Acker's career has been picking up of late which is nice to see. ASH's been working steadily as well.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I really enjoyed The Crazy Ones. :( It was light, silly fun with charming actors.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I think Freddie is a chef now? I could be wrong, just something I recall hearing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think Freddie is a chef now? I could be wrong, just something I recall hearing.

He was just on 24 and cried about Kiefer being a jerk or something

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

By being a jerk you mean accused him of being drunk and disruptive on set, continually. Which will surely make other people want to cast Mr. Prinze in the future for his penchant for keeping secrets and not pissing off the marqee talent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, the funnier thing was that he said Kiefer had an issue with having cast members seem taller than him, when he happens to be 5'4. Needing to take off his shoes before a scene so he'd seem closer in height is a huge lol.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Humalong posted:

He works for the WWE

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I think the time is ripe for a new Buffyverse show and I hope someone realizes that soon. Ripper, anyone? Obviously ASH will be too old to play the part but Daniel Radcliffe would be pretty much a dream man for the role as young Giles.

A BBC "Ripper" with Radcliffe as young Giles... oh be still my nerdy heart.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Captain Mog posted:

I think the time is ripe for a new Buffyverse show and I hope someone realizes that soon. Ripper, anyone? Obviously ASH will be too old to play the part but Daniel Radcliffe would be pretty much a dream man for the role as young Giles.

A BBC "Ripper" with Radcliffe as young Giles... oh be still my nerdy heart.

Having just watched that kicky weird little mini series with Daniel Radcliffe and John Hamm about a young doctor in Russia, I heartily endorse this. That kid has chops, and is surprisingly funny. I think he could pull off enough bamf for Ripper.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

Having just watched that kicky weird little mini series with Daniel Radcliffe and John Hamm about a young doctor in Russia, I heartily endorse this. That kid has chops, and is surprisingly funny. I think he could pull off enough bamf for Ripper.

A Young Doctor's Notebook is loving hilarious and incredibly depressing. I wish there was more of it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

cool kids inc. posted:

Just wait until you see Horns...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know who makes a surprisingly strong contender for "most successful Buffy actor"? Danny Strong.

In the last few years he's won Emmys for Game Change, wrote that awful movie "The Butler," and is now tasked with writing parts 1 and 2 of "Mockingjay" the final Hunger Games movies.

That's pretty impressive for a guy who didn't even have enough blood to activate a simple portal into hell.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

mind the walrus posted:

You know who makes a surprisingly strong contender for "most successful Buffy actor"? Danny Strong.

In the last few years he's won Emmys for Game Change, wrote that awful movie "The Butler," and is now tasked with writing parts 1 and 2 of "Mockingjay" the final Hunger Games movies.

That's pretty impressive for a guy who didn't even have enough blood to activate a simple portal into hell.

I was kind of wondering if maybe anyone thought that Danny was kind of too perfect? I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Saw this on a blind item website today:

So no hope of any reunion then. loving thanks Dawnie.

Sadly, I have no difficulty believing that. The question of whether anyone on the Buffy set actually liked SMG has always kind of been an elephant in the room, at least when it comes to DVD commentaries, behind the scenes features, etc(from which she was always noticeably a non-participant. She didn't even show up for the final wrap party.). They're all very polite about it, of course, but it's pretty easy to read between the lines. Whedon always talks diplomatically about her professionalism and acting talent, but avoids mentioning what she's actually like as a person.

Kind of went off Emma Caulfield when when she came out as a Ron Paul supporter. I find that more objectionable than Boreanaz sleeping around, to be honest.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

He's doing the voice for the lead character in the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Castle Radium posted:

Kind of went off Emma Caulfield when when she came out as a Ron Paul supporter

Nooo this isn't true, it can't be

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hope and vaseline posted:

One of the key points of his campaign was the anti-bunny agenda.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

hope and vaseline posted:

That's old news and she's been supporting Obama since he got elected, I think. I stopped following her on twitter a while ago so maybe I'm misremembering.

Her most objectionable quality is she keeps making Kickstarters and Indiegogo campaigns for poo poo no one wants, getting funding, and then not finishing the project. That and complaining about not getting work all the time.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I'd say Alyson has a better career than David, and all the alumni do well enough except Emma, but she's psycho, but I love her.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

7 seasons of buffy on DVD at Amazon.ca today for $67.99, which is just $0.47 an episode.

If someone can please buy that, we can then get a Blu Ray announcement a week later.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Have I mentioned recently how amazing the season 10 comic is?

The context more or less speaks for itself.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I've not read the comics, but is that the same giles? Why does he look like a teenager?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oroborus posted:

I've not read the comics, but is that the same giles? Why does he look like a teenager?

A resurrection that went awry. It was partly based on the people who did the resurrection focusing on their memories of Giles, and his aunts focused a little too hard on their memories of caring for him when he was a kid. He's the original Giles in terms of memories and intelligence, and kid Giles in body (including things like hormones).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

(including things like hormones).

Hahahahahaha, Jesus Christ. Of course.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I need to get around to reading season 10. Season 9 was alright and Angel & Faith was great.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
...but when Giles was a teenager he was NOT gentlemanly at all, he was Ripper. He'd probably even get a kick out of senseless videogame violence. Hell, even as a "gentleman" he's mischevious and drat brutal. Is that a misprint where they meant to write "westley"?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rita Repulsa posted:

...but when Giles was a teenager he was NOT gentlemanly at all, he was Ripper. He'd probably even get a kick out of senseless videogame violence. Hell, even as a "gentleman" he's mischevious and drat brutal. Is that a misprint where they meant to write "westley"?

He has the mind and experience of adult Wesley but in the body of a teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Well adult Giles has an image to maintain.

• Locked thread