Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logicgate
Jan 13, 2008
Exclusive

hackbunny posted:

Thanks to my fellow miners for the best mining/scavenging round ever. First time ever I've seen 1) a full complement of miners, 2) working together, 3) sending poo poo back to the main station, 4) without casualties (except the guy who got lost in space). SYNERGIZE!

Yeah, that was a blast! I was incredibly nervous the entire round because I'd never explored the space area around the Faint Signal station. The highlight for me was the merchant shuttle with all the crushers. That place made me VERY nervous. But I successfully opened one of the code-locked crates to find...cats. Who promptly scattered, managed to avoid the crusher and instead all eventually wandered onto the outgoing cargo conveyor and got shot into space. Another salvager located them later, forever spinning in the void.

And I did find the lost chief engineer later, dead in one of the derelicts to unknown causes, but it was too close to round end to borg him. Especially with the self-destruct nuke going off.

In unrelated news, stable mutagen appears to be bugged again, please fix. I've got some gimmick ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
Seems as though robotic arms instant-handcuff breaking does not work anymore. Neither do treads! Bummer.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Can you do anything else to lugtop computers other than prying out the battery? If you could fit them with a network card and deploy them on top of a data port for connection, they'd be pretty fun for having a portable, silent and anonymous hotline with the (subverted) AI. Or just untrackable sources of printer spam for persecuted revolutionaries.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I suspect you probably can get them to connect, don't they have a built-in wireless card? Set that to the frequency of the mainframe's network radio, pop in a DWAINE disk and run a term_ping.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I thought the Lugtops had wireless?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Logicgate posted:

In unrelated news, stable mutagen appears to be bugged again, please fix. I've got some gimmick ideas.
Yeah, I've yet to make a stable mutagen/stabiliser/blood mix that works properly as of late. 25/20/5 used to be my go-to mix that created perfect little Spigotlings in anything from syringes to cake icing, now it makes people look like me but never changes their names/voices. 30/15/5, 20/25/5, whatever, nothing else works any better.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Well, at least the Polymorph mutation is around, if you want to imitate people. Part of what I miss about old Genetics though, were the UI injectors...you could have someone looking like you super quick! That and monkey injectors.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Cloaking unit + grinders in the hallway. Genius.

The last time I did this the round went for over an hour because all the head ID's got gibbed and the AI was killed by somebody else.

Standing nearby and watching people endlessly run right into the grinders never gets old, especially when they see gibs and blood all over and pause for a bit, then run in anyways.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Captain Bravo posted:

I thought the Lugtops had wireless?

Last time I checked they didn't, unless that changed recently.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
They do have wireless but I've never seen a way to get into DWAINE with it!

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Speaking of Dwaine:

Sundance Feely wasn't happy with just killing his targets. What he did was stun them and drag them to the AI core and bucklecuff them to beds he had built there, declaring it to be a HoS mandated nuke sleepover party.
Sadly he couldn't figure out the terminal and he and his accomplice ended up beating all of the hostages to death before he managed to actually blow up the nuke :v:

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Blhue posted:

That was great. I was AI that game and deciding whether to alert the crew or feign ignorance since they were cloaked was a really difficult choice. But the fact that watching it was funny as hell made the choice for me.

In my experience, it wouldn't have mattered if you had. I remember a round where someone set them up on the way to escape, just after a set of doors. People yelling over the intercom about them, a veritable sea of gibs visible, me ignoring the doors and slowly breaking through the grills with my fists to bypass them, and still everyone charged straight through and were gibbed.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Logicgate posted:

Yeah, that was a blast! I was incredibly nervous the entire round because I'd never explored the space area around the Faint Signal station. The highlight for me was the merchant shuttle with all the crushers. That place made me VERY nervous. But I successfully opened one of the code-locked crates to find...cats. Who promptly scattered, managed to avoid the crusher and instead all eventually wandered onto the outgoing cargo conveyor and got shot into space. Another salvager located them later, forever spinning in the void.

That was me, I was on a rescue mission! I make it a point of always rescuing spacers in distress, because it's the most infuriating way to die/get stuck

You'll know I'm playing miner in a given turn if the indy pods have been named things like PUSSY WAGON or PLASMA BITCH

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
I swear I've got an "eat me" sign whenever I roll changeling. The other changelings seem to seek me out within minutes.

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to

Maarak posted:

I swear I've got an "eat me" sign whenever I roll changeling. The other changelings seem to seek me out within minutes.

The only time I've been a changeling I was knocked out and killed within three minutes by another changeling.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

NiftyBottle posted:

In my experience, it wouldn't have mattered if you had.

This is true. Someone built a completely visible crusher in the hallway, and despite my (as AI) friendly reminders that crushers are not Friendly and are in fact hazardous to human happiness; someone immediately followed this announcement up by saying "AI, watch this!" and then running straight in to be gibbed.

I made sure to thank the janitors that round. They did a good job cleaning up the (repeated) mess.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Question, what is the cap for amount of reagent a person's body can contain? And also, how much does that amount decrease when a person's limbs are missing? I ask because I recently happened to fail to save a delimbed patient's life (How he lost his limbs is... a totally uninteresting story) because his body was so full of ethanol that it wouldn't accept any more chemicals. The game said that he was full, and he stayed that way for quite some time, even though he should have been depleting.

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Cloaking unit + grinders in the hallway. Genius.

I was so happy when I finally got to be a traitor mechanic. I didn't want to gently caress it up so I cautiously took apart and put back together disposals to scan crusher. I put all the batteries and such in a crate and dragged into a maintenance tunnel to put it all together. I thought I was caught for sure when I didn't know how to work the cloaking field and dropped it in plain sight as a couple of people walked by. And then again as I had to set it up 3 times to get the correct distance.

All was in place and then along comes a segway. I didn't know what would happen. Would it work? Byond froze for a moment and my heart froze... And then the segway and rider were ground into delightful gibs. And the final minutes of the round were filled with glee from the ill-heeded warnings from the AI to the near empty escape shuttle.

Every pain and struggle with Byond was worth that round.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Montegoraon posted:

Question, what is the cap for amount of reagent a person's body can contain? And also, how much does that amount decrease when a person's limbs are missing? I ask because I recently happened to fail to save a delimbed patient's life (How he lost his limbs is... a totally uninteresting story) because his body was so full of ethanol that it wouldn't accept any more chemicals. The game said that he was full, and he stayed that way for quite some time, even though he should have been depleting.

Not 100% sure, but I believe the limit is 300.

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
Man, I just had a great traitor mechanic round. Syndie Scanner, Emag and 2 Stealth Storages. I'm pretty sure I got at least a few kills with mousetrap-pipebombed fake-emags, and I know I got a few kills by shutting off the lights in a couple hallways and setting up crushers. I didn't quite escape alone, but the shuttle went off within 15 seconds of arriving. 4/4 Objectives completed. I need a cigarette.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I also just had a great traitor round- five 11X11 bombs going off plus a pipe bomb in security makes the station look like so much swiss cheese.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Montegoraon posted:

I'm not positive, but I believe a good hobo-chem method is to start drawing blood. Drawn blood will take reagents out of the bloodstream, all you need is to draw out about 20 units, then stick him with 10 units of calomel, then 10 units of charcoal. That should clear him out enough for you to apply whatever styptic, sulfazide, saline, or Epi needed to stabilize him.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Why is it that cyborgs are totally impassable? I just got killed by a borg that was able to stand in a doorway and keep me from being able to escape just by standing there. I couldn't budge him or get past him, he just stood in my way.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Keshik posted:

Why is it that cyborgs are totally impassable? I just got killed by a borg that was able to stand in a doorway and keep me from being able to escape just by standing there. I couldn't budge him or get past him, he just stood in my way.

Was it BORGY? He was probably trying to help!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Keshik posted:

It's kind of crappy, but borgs don't have many joys in life. At least they get to be body-blocking jerks. :v:

If pushing or pulling fails, you can rest-slide under him.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
I managed to get in as a geneticist last night during a Wizard round. I love the new sound system, it's possible to hear the chaos of the station happening and it's wonderful!

I managed to get polymorphism and the Wizard came to med bay so I turned into him, the round ended due to his dying before I could do much. I did put his robe and hat on and told him I would, "Take over," but then I got lasered before the server reset.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

As Captain traitor, I got a crate with a DNA injector and sleepy pen, so I penned Jebediah, kidnapped him, DNA injected him, changed his ID to his new identity, dressed him in a clown suit and dumped him in maintenance. Eagerly, I waited to see what his reaction would be when he awoke...

When he woke up, he turned out to be AFK and then we were all blown up by the nuke.

SS13.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

On the subject of the nuke, I had setting it off as an objective last night. I managed to get into the mainframe room and up to the nuke no problem, and when I accessed it, it just had these four blocks I could turn green but that didn't do anything. Where on the wiki does it explain how you actually interact with it? I tried hitting it with the Captain's ID, and tried some tools like the screwdriver on it...What the hell do you do?

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

As Captain traitor, I got a crate with a DNA injector and sleepy pen, so I penned Jebediah, kidnapped him, DNA injected him, changed his ID to his new identity, dressed him in a clown suit and dumped him in maintenance. Eagerly, I waited to see what his reaction would be when he awoke...

When he woke up, he turned out to be AFK and then we were all blown up by the nuke.

SS13.

I shouldn't have blown the nuke so fast, I had no idea it was that destructive.

This would have been like one of those movies where the main character detective has AMNESIA! And can't remember who he is, or what's going on. Except he is a clown. Honk

Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009

Keshik posted:

On the subject of the nuke, I had setting it off as an objective last night. I managed to get into the mainframe room and up to the nuke no problem, and when I accessed it, it just had these four blocks I could turn green but that didn't do anything. Where on the wiki does it explain how you actually interact with it? I tried hitting it with the Captain's ID, and tried some tools like the screwdriver on it...What the hell do you do?

the nuke is just a bomb with computer equipment attached. its connected to the mainframe and activated from the DWAINE computers. You don't do anything from next to the nuke itself, unless your trying to disconnect it.

oblongus
Sep 2, 2011

Kayle7 posted:

This would have been like one of those movies where the main character detective has AMNESIA! And can't remember who he is, or what's going on. Except he is a clown. Honk

An unironically good idea for a film.

Posting because I've been having "connection failed" a lot since we moved to byond 5.0 but I've found a way around it. If you use the links on the wiki homepage instead of going through the client it will connect every time, no problem. Odd.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
BYOND v:geno:v

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I solved that by just going to the OP and clicking the links there every time connection failed. The problem is, the BYOND pager isn't updating the server address fast enough, so sometimes you'll be trying to connect to the previous round.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Lisonfire posted:

the nuke is just a bomb with computer equipment attached. its connected to the mainframe and activated from the DWAINE computers. You don't do anything from next to the nuke itself, unless your trying to disconnect it.

So wait... there is a traitor objective to set off a nuke and all you need to do it is access to a DWAINE?

I bet rounds are loving short as hell now.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Skunkrocker posted:

So wait... there is a traitor objective to set off a nuke and all you need to do it is access to a DWAINE?

I've set it off less than five minutes into the game!

Jokingly, as an HoP, then I turned it on and off a bunch.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Skunkrocker posted:

...and a head ID (or three).

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Does Capelettium Plus not paralyse any more? I stuck someone with ten units, and whilst they didn't say anything for quite a while, they tried to shoot me down with an energy gun, only narrowly failing (drat you, Kiki)

Edit: Also, what's the capacity of a sleepy pen, and how much does it inject per shot?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Synonymous posted:

Does Capelettium Plus not paralyse any more? I stuck someone with ten units, and whilst they didn't say anything for quite a while, they tried to shoot me down with an energy gun, only narrowly failing (drat you, Kiki)

IIRC, it prevents speech and allows you to play dead while still being conscious by resting.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So I made Hairgrownium today and of course made it into an ice cream but nothing happened to people who ate it. What is it supposed to do? I really hoped it would cause people to sprout magnificent beards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Synonymous posted:

Edit: Also, what's the capacity of a sleepy pen, and how much does it inject per shot?

It's 100/50

• Locked thread