Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Bulletstorm was such a let down. I think that was the last game I was excited about until the demo was released. It had such potential =[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Icept posted:

Does anyone else find this hysterically funny? Make a game about being a hardcore badass way too cool to play by the rules, and then sort of scoff at people wanting to personalize the settings. "Sacré bleu, that does not mesh with our artistic vision of this piece, RAPIST"

If you think that was bad, when word got out that the config file for War for Cybertron was decrypted and had an editing tool, and various contarded features could finally be fixed, the fanbase started screaming to the developers about how this could let people cheat or add DLC characters. As of now, the tool to do this is nonexistent everywhere online, every mention/link to it on the Steam forums is gone, with strict policing should anyone dare ask for it. Rumor has it that Activision unleashed the loving fury on the Xentax dudes who started it and made them take down every link, and also got it pulled from Mediafire and Rapidshare. I wish I had kept it :saddowns:

Special note to devs that make poo poo on UE3 - we're going to change poo poo in the ini's anyway, so stop using those stupid encrypted coalesced-hashed ones. ME2, I'm looking at you especially

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Bulletstorm was such a let down. I think that was the last game I was excited about until the demo was released. It had such potential =[

The last thing I expected when I started playing it was to be bored, but that's what ended up happening.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I just wanted to say I got my Hyperglide mouse feet in today for my MX518, and after I put two of them on the front of my mouse after cleaning the placeholders, my mouse feels like new again. :)

unSavory
Sep 26, 2004
fellow
So I've been doing a lot of work on this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438355 and decided it was high time I upgraded from my integrated hd 3000 graphics.

Holy poo poo. Picked up a gtx 460 yesterday and went from playing tf2 on super low settings at 800 x 600 to playing crysis maxed out at native res. What an incredible card for only $150

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Hows the community around Neptune's Pride? I played it when it first came out and loved it, and still start a private match with friends every now and then. Blight of the Immortals really wasn't my thing, and the new game looks closer to blight than Pride. (though I still need to give it a chance). I looked and there was only one private game being hosted. And it's still in Beta apparently?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Any suggestions for light medium to small sized wireless mice? I'm thinking Imperator or smaller, very light (I know the opposite happens when you go wireless, but one can hope) and decent for gaming.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New games soon?

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

No single piece of my computer is worth more than $60. And my brother goes and gets a new Phenom II X4. I wish I had upgrade money. drat you PC gaming, I love you too much to leave you for a console.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vintersorg posted:

New games soon?

Battlefield 3 open beta starts thursday.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Francostein posted:

and Rage in just over a week.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Fifa 12 comes out next week as well and the PC version is the same as the consoles for once.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

VDay posted:

Fifa 12 comes out next week as well and the PC version is the same as the consoles for once.

Is that the one where people were saying that the PC version will be the best, hands down?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I don't know what anyone was saying, but as far as I know it's the same across all platforms. It's just a big deal because usually the PC version of FIFA is made by a different team, on a different(god awful) engine, with shittier graphics, and less features.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Is that the one where people were saying that the PC version will be the best, hands down?

Yep. They're virtually identical, except graphically, where the PC stands out as you'd expect. The demo for all versions are out, so you can compare them.

The PC version, despite being much worse over the years because they have used loder engines for the platform, has always had a reasonable modding scene, and if that continues this year the PC version will stand out even more. However, EA are for the first time releasing Creation Center DLC, which may clash with any modding.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Francostein posted:

I'm currently waiting for this. I got a beta key yesterday on battlefield3beta.com after doing that stupid survey thing, but found out I can't put it into Origin until the 29th. Argh!

The good news is I'm off that day. I know what I'll be doing.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
It's an open beta, a legitimate EA site is not going to ask you to fill out a survey about car insurance.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Also EA wouldn't be using a proxy registrant on a site like that. You fell for a really obvious scam. Change your passwords on anything you provided them with info on.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I remember reading that there would only be around 4000 keys to give out so I decided to jump on it. I was cautious and gave it a third-string email I have laying around for spam and poo poo anyway so whatevs. So it's just a bullshit key and I can download the beta on Origin on Thursday I'm assuming?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
There will probably just be a silly Origin/Battelog registration requirement then a download through Origin. I doubt there will be anything with keys at all. I was really surprised at how much power Steam has over the market by the way, I'm in a "clan" which is more a large gaming community that plays PC FPS type games. Normally they poo poo all over themselves over the newest games but most had little to no awareness of BF3 at all, a poll on our forums only had like 5 dudes purchasing it out of a few hundred. It's a bit alarming if you think about how much control Steam has over the PC market in general.

Of course nothing remotely feature comparable to Steam exists right now so I guess it's hard to say, even Origin is very barebones.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 26, 2011

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
If nobody in your clan is the least bit excited about a new game in the Battlefield core series then you should probably join a better clan.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Grumbles posted:

If nobody in your clan is the least bit excited about a new game in the Battlefield core series then you should probably join a better clan.

It is mostly a Quake/CS/TF2 type community. I was surprised to see so little BF representation though. The people are fine, I think it's more a case of having little awareness as opposed to disliking BF games.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
i'm trying to help a good friend of mine build himself a new computer for his birthday. he's already got an operating system, but only has 550 bucks for buying the parts and case and everything. i've built a few computers before, but never on this tiny of a budget so i'm unsure what to do.

this is a guy who's using a lovely dell computer that can barely run WoW. i've recently gotten him into steam and am trying to convert him. his goal is to be able to run skyrim and tf2. not on max graphics necessarily, but at least run them well.

Anyone got any advice? i'd appreciate it.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

brainSnakes posted:

i'm trying to help a good friend of mine build himself a new computer for his birthday. he's already got an operating system, but only has 550 bucks for buying the parts and case and everything. i've built a few computers before, but never on this tiny of a budget so i'm unsure what to do.

this is a guy who's using a lovely dell computer that can barely run WoW. i've recently gotten him into steam and am trying to convert him. his goal is to be able to run skyrim and tf2. not on max graphics necessarily, but at least run them well.

Anyone got any advice? i'd appreciate it.

brainSnakes, meet the part picking thread. Part picking thread, meet brainSnakes.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

macnbc posted:

brainSnakes, meet the part picking thread. Part picking thread, meet brainSnakes.

my bad. didn't even know that thread existed. thanks for the link, then.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
We should really put a link to the parts picking thread in the op move the link in the op to the top of the post or something.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I'm on the last level of Crysis. At least I think so. This ship I'm on is exploding and they keep talking about the giant fuckoff Alien armor thing, so... yeah.

Anyway I don't think I can finish it. I am supposed to find this dude in the lower decks with some help from some navy bros. I found them, and this platform lowered. Now they just stand there. And if I move around, I fall through the floor eventually. I just clip right through the wall/door I'm assuming should open or something and die. There literally isn't anywhere else to go except a ladder back up to the main deck. I tried reloading and even went back a few save points, exiting and restarting the game, verified game cache, same thing.

I think I'm just hosed.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
LA Noire "Complete Edition" coming to PC!! Very excited!

quote:

PC gamers may be getting LA Noire a few months later than console gamers, but unlike PS3 and Xbox 360 players, they are getting the "Complete Edition" of the game. On November 8th, Team Bondi's detective thriller will be available on PC, Steam and OnLive.

The PC version is being developed by Rockstar Leeds and will offer "increased resolution and graphical detail." In addition, the publisher is planning a complete keyboard remap for the controls, as well as support for NVIDIA 3D Vision.

The "Complete Edition" will include a "multi-use code" to access all downloadable content from the console versions. The "Nicholson Electroplating" arson case, the "Reefer Madness" vice case, "The Naked City" Vice case, and "A Slip of the Tongue" traffic case--previously bundled via the Rockstar Pass--will be included for free with the PC version. In addition, the previously PS3-exclusive "The Consul's Car" traffic case will also be included.

These additional missions fit in between the main missions, and offer additional insight into the characters. Essentially, PC owners will be able to play a "Director's Cut" of sorts right from the get-go.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/70369/la-noire-complete-edition-coming-to-pc-in-november?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

crestfallen posted:

I'm on the last level of Crysis. At least I think so. This ship I'm on is exploding and they keep talking about the giant fuckoff Alien armor thing, so... yeah.

Anyway I don't think I can finish it. I am supposed to find this dude in the lower decks with some help from some navy bros. I found them, and this platform lowered. Now they just stand there. And if I move around, I fall through the floor eventually. I just clip right through the wall/door I'm assuming should open or something and die. There literally isn't anywhere else to go except a ladder back up to the main deck. I tried reloading and even went back a few save points, exiting and restarting the game, verified game cache, same thing.

I think I'm just hosed.
That happened to me too actually. I restarted from the checkpoint/level and was able to finish it.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hope they port Red Dead Redemption after LA Noire :(

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
I wish there was a way to get this for cheaper when I've already bought it, including all DLC on the 360.. Guess I'll just wait till it's super cheap.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Gunslinger posted:

I hope they port Red Dead Redemption after LA Noire :(

It's actually a pretty boring game.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

notZaar posted:

I'd rather have RDR than LA Noire. Not only is the game awesome, fantastic looking, and horses, think of the mods!

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I own it and don't really agree with that. It didn't hit its potential but I still had fun with it. If anything playing the console version really sapped the fun out of it, even on my huge HDTV I was constantly squinting at the screen and that game is crying for AA. The mod potential for that game is pretty staggering too, I'm amazed at what people have done with GTA:SA and GTA IV.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Annoying thing happening to me lately.

My laptop has a Radeon HD 5650 mobility video card, which worked great until two games ago. Now, games barely perform and went from silky smooth to barely playable. Team Fortress 2 barely works and New Vegas is a slideshow.

I was wondering what could cause a severe drop like this? A dodgy windows update? I tried to get the latest drivers, but the ATI detector said it couldn't install the latest drivers because they weren't found.

Has the card overheated? Is it not properly switching from the power saving Intel GPU?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Ladies and gentlemen, :pcgaming: THIS IS PC GAMING :pcgaming::

Two more at her blog (NSFW): http://shinygeeks.blogspot.com/2011/08/love-me-geekly.html

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

lmao I've never seen an arm-muffin top before

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
didn't know hefty made garbage bag gloves

-B l a z e i n g-
May 11, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, :pcgaming: THIS IS PC GAMING :pcgaming::

Two more at her blog (NSFW): http://shinygeeks.blogspot.com/2011/08/love-me-geekly.html

Lol I had no idea they made video cards the size of a pickup truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm looking forward to the LA Noire PC Port running like poo poo on my overclocked i5-2500K and GTX460. Rockstar turned the lovely, unoptimized console port into a loving art form.

Edit: I'm just bitter because GTA4 sometimes still runs like rear end on my current system.

• Locked thread