Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

No notes for shogun nerf/AR buff?

It takes 5-6 shots to kill a blue swat at like 15m with the Reinfeld. It's completely useless now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?
New Nightclub is awesome! :psylon:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Holy poo poo, the Saiga is super accurate now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I've got the shotgun damage perks and a first responder black and grey dude took two shots center mass at about fifteen feet with the Reinfeld.

The gently caress.

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?
New Big Oil Day 1 is awesome! :syoon:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Guillermus posted:

It takes 5-6 shots to kill a blue swat at like 15m with the Reinfeld. It's completely useless now.

Guess I need a new gun for Rats.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Please tell me they didn't gently caress up the Mosconi.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Vargs posted:

Please tell me they didn't gently caress up the Mosconi.

Just a range nerf.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
There are tons of undocumented changes to weapons and weapon attachments.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Skoll posted:

Just a range nerf.

Twenty feet on a black and grey with shotgun damage perks, center mass, staggered and had to hit again.

Headshot on a green at about the same range, staggered and needed a followup shot.

Range and damage nerfed.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just did overkill nightclub. There were at least eight dozers & a new place for vault to spawn. Streets are well lit now and there are cameras in the back by the security doors.

Took my silenced 308 and I want to say head shots were knocking them down but not killing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Twenty feet on a black and grey with shotgun damage perks, center mass, staggered and had to hit again.

Headshot on a green at about the same range, staggered and needed a followup shot.

Range and damage nerfed.

Yes, they overnerfed shotguns in my opinion. I'm speccing out of shotgun skills now and I'm getting SMG's and other utlity stuff. My fully Modded CAR-4 and AK5 now destroy everything with little to no recoil at all.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Tokubetsu posted:

Just did overkill nightclub. There were at least eight dozers & a new place for vault to spawn. Streets are well lit now and there are cameras in the back by the security doors.

Took my silenced 308 and I want to say head shots were knocking them down but not killing.

Knocking who down? Tans? I could never get a silenced 308 to kill tans with headshots outside of close range even with all relevant skills pre-patch.

...I hope unsilenced 308 still kills tans in one headshot :(

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Tokubetsu posted:

We had two vaults on nightclub. One with two bags of cash which was the main objective and another with 4 bags of coke.

Mission payouts are MUCH lower now as a whole and the 5% spending cash rule seems to have changed.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
@locust9: Just in case you want to know how much more hurt OVK is now. Roughly 4x to 6x damage. Keep yer head down. #payday2

drat. I can't wait to get home.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
The flashbangs effects stay much longer and even effects your vision for longer after the flash is done.
That anti flashbang perk might be more useful now.

My poor eyes...

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus, the game is incredibly hard now. Don't see how you can do overkill heists without an organized group with voicechat, and even then only at high-ish levels. I'm kinda feeling they went too far in the other way while rebalancing.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Welp. They nerfed 308. Unsilenced with headshot bonus no longer kills tans in 1 hit.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

KoldPT posted:

Jesus, the game is incredibly hard now. Don't see how you can do overkill heists without an organized group with voicechat, and even then only at high-ish levels. I'm kinda feeling they went too far in the other way while rebalancing.
You didn't play Payday 1 did you?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

zylche posted:

You didn't play Payday 1 did you?

Only in a free weekend, IIRC. I might just be angry at how I feel they've taken away my easy overkill :haw:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

Welp. They nerfed 308. Unsilenced with headshot bonus no longer kills tans in 1 hit.

Yes it does

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tokubetsu posted:

This is pretty much how I feel about that, but it won't affect me much unless Tans now take three silenced headshots, or Greens two.

How's the kill rate with the Firebreather or Overkill muzzles?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tokubetsu posted:

Bolow posted:

Yes it does
It's almost like this game needs hard goddamn numbers and concrete patch notes so people know what the gently caress is happening when things change.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have a tank on my 308 so maybe that's enough to bump it over the top?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Stubby equiped 308 with tech4 headshot damage will still 1-shot tans. It's the 4 bulldozers behind him you gotta worry about.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A.I. still doesn't carry bags to save its life. I threw two into the street on Jewelry Store Normal and they didn't even mask up.

Nightclub Overkill certainly has a busy office...

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Broose posted:

Stubby equiped 308 with tech4 headshot damage will still 1-shot tans. It's the 4 bulldozers behind him you gotta worry about.

My stubby 308 is not killing in one headshot.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KoldPT posted:

gently caress no.

baroqueasfuk
Jul 9, 2007
baroque as fuk
Ok, the random framing frame day 2 ambush when you stealthed day 1 thing is definitely true cause I just had it. Pro so no way it was a glitch from restarts and I brought 8 paintings out of 8 so that can't be it. I'm also sure it wasn't the civilians cause I literally ran from the train to them as soon as I traded the last painting and they didn't even spawn. It also specifically said ambushed on the objective reminder thing. I guess it's just a retardedly low chance cause I've solo stealthed ff like 45 times and this is the only time I've experienced this.

ALSO WOW UPDATE

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Wow. The damage is just insane. A gang member can take out my armor bar with one shot from a mac-10 spray. And I'm a tech with the armor bonus wearing the heaviest stuff you can.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

They changed the stats on all the barrel extensions. The stubby adds less damage but significantly reduces recoil, the tank adds roughly the same amount of damage with a bit less of a reduction in recoil, and the firebreather now adds the most damage with a very slight reduction in recoil.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Wow. The damage is just insane. A gang member can take out my armor bar with one shot from a mac-10 spray. And I'm a tech with the armor bonus wearing the heaviest stuff you can.
The gang members have always been complete bullshit. I really don't like how they're done.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Goddamn my slow internet connection. I've been waiting all week for this and now I'm twitching like a drat addict waiting for it to download. Someone save me a spot in the mumble rooms, I'll be there shortly!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Just tried out the new IZMHA. They really brought it in-line with the other shotguns. Knocks people down like nothing else but takes a while to kill them at medium range. Does rather unpleasant things to enemies in close range. Lacks the single-shot face-melting punch of the Mosconi, Renfield or Locomotive, but it has 70 shells for you to spray with and a fast, magazine based reload.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
They really bumped up visibility stupid high for the 308 and Mosconi. You can't bring either one on a job at all unless you want High visibility, and both were my favorite weapons (and as a Mastermind I'm almost always the stealth crowd control guy).

FUUUUUUUUU...

Guess it's time to pick a new favorite weapon.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Alkydere posted:

Just tried out the new IZMHA. They really brought it in-line with the other shotguns. Knocks people down like nothing else but takes a while to kill them at medium range. Does rather unpleasant things to enemies in close range. Lacks the single-shot face-melting punch of the Mosconi, Renfield or Locomotive, but it has 70 shells for you to spray with and a fast, magazine based reload.
Is it just me or is the back half of that gun not a Saiga at all? Even has the AK's fire selector / safety / dust cover.
Guess that is accurate - time to buy one!

King Vidiot posted:

They really bumped up visibility stupid high for the 308 and Mosconi. You can't bring either one on a job at all unless you want High visibility, and both were my favorite weapons (and as a Mastermind I'm almost always the stealth crowd control guy).

FUUUUUUUUU...

Guess it's time to pick a new favorite weapon.
Neither of the Mosconi mods reduce its visibility either. If you put both on a player could fit it in one of their socks but NOPE, instant heat.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 14, 2013

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Loco is absolutely terrible now, takes about 3 head shots from 2 feet away to put down a tan.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

UberJumper posted:

Loco is absolutely terrible now, takes about 3 head shots from 2 feet away to put down a tan.

If they seriously nerfed the shotguns this badly they're going to have to dial it back, otherwise it'll be hell. I didn't think any of the shotguns were overpowered previously except the mosconi.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
On overkill you basically don't want to ever get hit. I was on the roof of bank getting hit once from across the road and losing 3/4 shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Well, I guess Payday 2 was fun while it lasted.

Loco/Reinbeck have been nerfed into the ground to the point of uselessness (and this is as a shotgun enforcer), the changes to Overkill are exactly the wrong thing to have done (one first responder bullet does 40% damage to the enforcer armour) and should have been kept for a Overkill+ difficulty mode. Since non-Overkill heists give so little XP the only way to keep on levelling past 50 is to stealth everything on Overkill, the violent approach is completely out.

• Locked thread