Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

By the way Xylo, this isn't to fuss over my immersion, more to let you know a fun random fact about Australia - did you know that Pop-Tarts are super loving expensive over here?

Yeah it's like blacktail just cracked some caviar and smoked salmon for breakfast.

No seriously, what do they cost in the US? They're like $5 here for a box. There's not much of a market for them though as they never took off but I wouldn't think $5 a box is expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress I should have made Alf look for a grid.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

beetroy posted:

Yeah it's like blacktail just cracked some caviar and smoked salmon for breakfast.

No seriously, what do they cost in the US? They're like $5 here for a box. There's not much of a market for them though as they never took off but I wouldn't think $5 a box is expensive.

I've only seen them at a couple specialty stores that have random American candy and junk. And there they jack up the price to like $7-$10 a box.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I've only seen them at a couple specialty stores that have random American candy and junk. And there they jack up the price to like $7-$10 a box.

yeah that's because they're probably importing them themselves. Never had a poptart before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

They're pretty good, actually. Especially if you do bother to toast them instead of slacking off and eating them cold like I used to half the time.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
:psyduck: they're like $2 a box here.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
He gives you whatever cheap breakfast crap Australians would have. Not Lamingtons though because it's hard living.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

homebrand week bix and UHT milk.

Or $1 loaf of bread and vegemite.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

:psyduck: they're like $2 a box here.

Again no market, no major supermarket carries them now only those speciality stores that sell butter fingers and those sort of things.

Dr Pepper is in the 'international' isle at Coles between the asian and indian food.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

beetroy posted:

homebrand week bix and UHT milk.

Or $1 loaf of bread and vegemite.

Prices weren't down down in 1996 mate.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Prices weren't down down in 1996 mate.

gently caress im bad at this 96 stuff. I was only like 15 i think.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

beetroy posted:

gently caress im bad at this 96 stuff. I was only like 15 i think.

I was 11!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

They used to produce the poptarts here but they didn't sell well so were discontinued. All the poptarts y'all see nowadays are imported from the USA by USAFoods which is why the prices are so jacked. They're pretty popular now, though.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I was 6 :3:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving babbies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

use one rage point to go through puberty.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Actually I would also be happy with the unicorn, I really enjoyed its banter.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

Actually I would also be happy with the unicorn, I really enjoyed its banter.

I agree, also running through the umbra at double speed means we could get somewhere quicker by transitioning so start using the spirit world more strategically.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

I reckon Boonie'd eat dog food on a bet.

Someone do this. 52 cans of chum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mad Katter posted:

Someone do this. 52 cans of chum.

I reckon Boonie would be more of a dry food kinda wolf.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Do not get me started on the topic of dog food, holy poo poo. The amount of crap I go through to find decent food for Suzy that isn't 90% corn...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

BOON
PRISIM
POWER

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Xylo I found Boonie's spirit clothes

http://youtu.be/xAZCzFZ3HRI

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hahaha. Hey man, whatever floats your boat.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Actually that whole sequence but with cricket whites, pads, a box and a baggy green.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually that whole sequence but with cricket whites, pads, a box and a baggy green.

That's totally unicorn territory all that colour and fanciness.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

If we can't get Fenris, I'm Boonicorn all the way.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Edit: nevermind!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Unicorn is the best. :ranbowdash:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
So I just found Boon's next weapon of choice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

that stormcrow, what an rear end in a top hat! hahah

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

that stormcrow, what an rear end in a top hat! hahah

Your rain power worked, by the way, it's just not instantaneous. It takes a while for the storm to roll in. The stormcrow knew this and was setting you up.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

So I just found Boon's next weapon of choice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl

Yesssssaasssssss

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Boooon... Spiral... Bat... ATTACK!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Your rain power worked, by the way, it's just not instantaneous. It takes a while for the storm to roll in. The stormcrow knew this and was setting you up.

lol

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDtN8CDQmk&t=152s

Had my hand in this bonfire for a while now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm now heading all of Unicorn's lines in the voice of Ralph Feinnes from Hotel Grand Budapest.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

I'm now heading all of Unicorn's lines in the voice of Ralph Feinnes from Hotel Grand Budapest.

gently caress yes :3
God drat I love that movie.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah after the latest encounters, i really want unicorn as our totem it will be heaps funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I was thinking Tilda Swinton in Constantine myself - androgynous, holier-than-though, infuriatingly proper.

And then it runs you through with it's horn for not being a virgin environmentally aware.

• Locked thread