Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SylvainMustach posted:

https://twitter.com/RichardsWesley/status/613356140060020736

Is it possible that he's doing both shows? Didn't see anything from Lashley.

Mexico City to Orlando is like 5 hours by plane and lol if either company makes that happen.

Someone in CMLL or TNA's office(or both) hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like bobby

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Terry Taylor wanted to know if Konnan could work while on dialysis. They said they'd bring someone in to dialysize him at the show!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

Terry Taylor wanted to know if Konnan could work while on dialysis. They said they'd bring someone in to dialysize him at the show!

I guarantee if Konnan had been stupid enough to agree to that they would have forgotten to get someone in for that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I guarantee if Konnan had been stupid enough to agree to that they would have forgotten to get someone in for that.

Or it would've been Rob Terry in an undersized labcoat or something.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

flashy_mcflash posted:

Trytan, more like (note: this is much worse)

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

flashy_mcflash posted:

Trytan, more like (note: this is much worse)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Global Nonstop Force Action

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
There is a hole and there is no bottom.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

a foam pit you can't climb out of

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

rovert posted:

Global Nonstop Force Action

It would be really cool if DA picked up GFW too.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HulkaMatt posted:

Hermie Sadler will rescue Kurt Angle with his gold boat

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I must know what these tweets mean. :f5:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HulkaMatt posted:

At the bottom of the pit, ninjas.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kurt Angle today on the TNA Press Conference confirmed Meltzer's story that Destination America wanted him as Champion.

TNA zealots though that report was BS when it was originally reported.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
You know you might think that if Jarrett were able to wrest control of TNA back from Dixie it would be good, but that would mean Panda's money wouldn't be propping them up anymore.

I guess it would be like Bischoff's plan to buy WCW from AOL/Time Warner -- way less money, no TV for a little while

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Burt Buckle posted:

It would be really cool if DA picked up GFW too.

Funnier if they replace TNA.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Death Zebra posted:

Funnier if they replace TNA.

IT would just be proof that Dixie bought the Discovery networks and is being classy and giving Jeff another chance on TV

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

We just need Double J

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

We just need Big Poppa Pump

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

You know you might think that if Jarrett were able to wrest control of TNA back from Dixie it would be good, but that would mean Panda's money wouldn't be propping them up anymore.

I guess it would be like Bischoff's plan to buy WCW from AOL/Time Warner -- way less money, no TV for a little while

Jeff Jarrett is incredibly bad at booking and promoting wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He invented tna, in case you forgot

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Double J is just the sort of new C.O.O. to book himself as World Champion TNA needs at this critical time.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

oatgan posted:

I realize. I guess I figured removing Dixie would be a step in the right direction no matter what; I didn't consider that being under Jeff's control again would literally be two steps backwards at the same time.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I was going to call you a bath turd before I even checked the video, bath turd.

HulkaMatt posted:

We just need Double J

If Double J buys TNA back for less than Dixie paid, does that make her the greatest money mark of all time? Or has she already earned that title?

Pretty sure it makes Jarrett the greatest promoter ever.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the only person involved with TNA financially who was smart was Jerry Jarrett because he's the only one to actually make any money off of it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oatgan posted:

and he's gonna destroy it with a lethal dose of poison

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@MLW
Don’t forget the fact that Jeff Jarrett has maintained a stake in ownership in TNA and was never bought out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wait what

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

wait what

He owns a fairly substantial stake. I don't remember exactly but something like 25-35% still.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gfw may be nothing but tna is less than nothing so if youre gonna assume control of the latter please kill ot and rebrand as the former

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

epitasis posted:

gfw may be nothing but tna is less than nothing so if youre gonna assume control of the latter please kill ot and rebrand as the former

Why do you think the X Division title is now as green as the GFW logo

:getin:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man - TNA might not only survive, but now it'll have ties with New Japan and maybe even Jim Ross doing commentary

Strange times

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Merge all the indies together into one giant shitpile that will fail harder than one indie can fail alone!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Real question is:

Will Bram have to sign ANOTHER contract once the merger is completed?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DM Punk posted:

Real question is:

Will Bram have to sign ANOTHER contract once the merger is completed?

Yeah but this one will be a five year locked-in contract that expires in December of this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

but now it'll have ties with New Japan and maybe even Jim Ross doing commentary

Nope.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

We may yet see Brodus Clay vs. Chris Masters in our lifetime. God bless you Double J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wrestlezone (yeah I know):

quote:

Exclusive: Numerous TNA Wrestlers Concerned Company is About to Hold its Final Impact Wrestling TV Tapings, Late Pay Trend Continues in TNA, More

WZ has learned from TNA sources and wrestlers that many talents, some veterans, are fearing the company is approaching its final television taping dates.

It was previously reported TNA would be filming from July 22-29 in Orlando for television. An email from TNA officials sent to talents reveals two weeks worth of television will be filmed on many of the July dates.

This, along with the upcoming content filmed this week heading into Slammiversary, would generate enough first-run content to take TNA Impact Wrestling into September. This is the same month Destination America can activate a contract clause ceasing their agreement with TNA Wrestling. Ever since signing Ring of Honor was added to Destination America, the subject of the network dropping TNA has become a hot topic scenario from people both in and out of the company.

On top of the unusual amount of filming being done at the end of July, comes the problems with payment, communication and treatment.

Previously, talents were once again not paid when expected. This past Friday, an internal email was sent out promising late payments would be sent via FedEx overnight. This did happen, but is not the first time the roster has dealt with this.

The mass quantity of July dates have talents worried they won’t get paid for at least a month following the tapings, which is considered unacceptable considering the company has far fewer expenses now that they aren’t touring much anymore. The add-on of a week of dates also forced many talents to cancel previously scheduled independent bookings in which they would be paid in advance or on the night of.

As far as communication goes, emails sent to talents remain optimistic and claim the upcoming television dates are for domestic and international television. However, per our sources, many fear the writing is on the wall in regards to how much life is left in the TNA brand. It’s believed if the brand does get booted from Destination America, that they are damaged goods having left two networks in less than year, and don’t hold much hope for being picked up for a new television distribution deal.

• Locked thread