Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I want to comment on the posts ITT since I've been gone.

Even I realize I am too drunk to do so.

loving being a loving adult. poo poo loving sucks poo poo through a crazy straw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Blacktoll posted:

Arb C, hold on. We gave a guy who thinks he's slick as hell staying at home with mom and dad at thirty.

Lol at the guy whose like "man I don't know what to do if I had to talk to my colleagues about living with my parents.?!?" Dude, 30 year old at home doesn't have a career or colleagues he sells pot from his car.
look Im not gonna get into the value of roughin it on your own as it was so thoroughly drilled into me I did it before it was realistically a good idea, this is mostly a cultural thing and plenty of people don't see any problem with the idea of living at home until you're literally making the next gen of your family. My broader point was that anyone who honestly thinks work ethic is all it takes to be successful in modern society is straight up retarded because even if literally everyone had infinite work ethic we'd still have an economy that depended on lopsided amount of lower classes to fuel a narrow amount of upper classes, it's how our society is designed and it's literally inevitable regardless of everyone's training.

On an individual level there is some merit to "improve yourself to move up" advice, on a broad level it's impossible for everyone to do that. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have gotten where I am from where I was born, if you don't feel the same way you're either naive or arrogant. There simply isn't room in society for everyone to be doctors and engineers.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

look Im not gonna get into the value of roughin it on your own as it was so thoroughly drilled into me I did it before it was realistically a good idea, this is mostly a cultural thing and plenty of people don't see any problem with the idea of living at home until you're literally making the next gen of your family. My broader point was that anyone who honestly thinks work ethic is all it takes to be successful in modern society is straight up retarded because even if literally everyone had infinite work ethic we'd still have an economy that depended on lopsided amount of lower classes to fuel a narrow amount of upper classes, it's how our society is designed and it's literally inevitable regardless of everyone's training.

On an individual level there is some merit to "improve yourself to move up" advice, on a broad level it's impossible for everyone to do that. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have gotten where I am from where I was born, if you don't feel the same way you're either naive or arrogant. There simply isn't room in society for everyone to be doctors and engineers.

I hope to slack long enough to live in a world taken care of by machines.

The Roomba was the beginning.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my dad beat me the hell up so i left home and invented a power armored suit to beat the fucker up with but when i confronted him again he had built an even better power armored suit than mine and beat me up again

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Zzulu posted:

my dad beat me the hell up so i left home and invented a power armored suit to beat the fucker up with but when i confronted him again he had built an even better power armored suit than mine and beat me up again

bet you forgot to build bootstraps into your power armor

The Enforcer
May 4, 2007

by LadyAmbien

StarMinstrel posted:

Man, the arguments in this thread makes me so happy that Canada is moving toward Basic income. Long live Canada's superior wealth distribution despite ten years of dark age conservatism.

yeah and like 80% of you live within 100 miles of our border.Tell me again of the great Canadian conquests of commerce and amazing discoveries in science and technology?

You might be dicking around with the idea of giving everyone in your country free money, but you fuckers rode in OUR spaceshuttles!

"CANADA LANDS ON MARS!!" Says no newspaper in the any future timeline ever!

Canadians I swear, you know what either just shut the gently caress up on the world stage or....no, you know what? Just shut the gently caress up! Anytime I see some loving Canadian hop in like "US TOO!" I immediately want to smack my monitor.

Jesus. loving. christ. you jackasses are basically just us except with no balls ever, we'd invade you but at this point invading Canada would be like invading Idaho.

The Enforcer fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 31, 2016

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Enforcer posted:

yeah and like 80% of you live within 100 miles of our border.Tell me again of the great Canadian conquests of commerce and amazing discoveries in science and technology?

You might be dicking around with the idea of giving everyone in your country free money, but you fuckers rode in OUR spaceshuttles!

"CANADA LANDS ON MARS!!" Says no newspaper in the any future timeline ever!

Canadians I swear, you know what either just shut the gently caress up on the world stage or....no, you know what? Just shut the gently caress up! Anytime I see some loving Canadian hop in like "US TOO!" I immediately want to smack my monitor.

Jesus. loving. christ. you jackasses are basically just us except with no balls ever, we'd invade you but at this point invading Canada would be like invading Idaho.
you sure are mad, friend

The Enforcer
May 4, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Stuntman posted:

you sure are mad, friend

Don't....Call...me....Friend....

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Buca di Bepis posted:

well argued but on the other hand gently caress the bay area i don't care

lol true, normally i wouldn't care either but i got a couple buddies who grew up in oakland and this temporary fad market explosion sucks for them

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

yeah dude i'm just making this up, it's not like this actually happened so much last year that activist groups had to intervene on behalf of renters in, well, oakland against predatory landlords who were illegally responding to the hipster price spike and trying to raise the rates on tenants who were too poor/uneducated to defend their renter's rights

Wow that's hosed, I rented when I was a student and our landlord was only allowed to raise our rent once a year, which they did by like $25/mth each year

StarMinstrel posted:

Man, the arguments in this thread makes me so happy that Canada is moving toward Basic income. Long live Canada's superior wealth distribution despite ten years of dark age conservatism.

I'll believe it when I see it. We have a better chance of getting a new voting system that will disproportionately benefit the current Liberal government than Mincome, and even that's already seeing some hiccups in getting implemented before the next election

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 31, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

The Enforcer posted:

Yes.

Seriously, you act like you're the first generation that gets hosed early in life.

EVERYONE STARTS OUT loving POOR YOU IDIOT!

That is how life works!

.... no? Actually, no. I'd write more but that's fuckin' so dumb.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Roylicious posted:

.... no? Actually, no. I'd write more but that's fuckin' so dumb.
yes, but you see, it's how it's always been! we shouldn't change the status quo even if it would benefit the masses!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think the point is people lived there before it became ~the Bay Area~ and they're getting hosed

Who the gently caress makes 50k at McDonald's ???

I worked ~40 a week for federal minimum wage in fast food for about 5 years with the occasional .05 pay bump or whatever and I never cleared 12k a year. $450 ish a paycheck was what I got at the back end, pretty much $400 when I started. No vacation, no paid breaks, no sick days, no free food, nothin. Rent was $650 split between me and two roomies who did kitchen work, plus Internet and we pretty much shared my cell phone. There were still some months where I had to ask my parents for help with the rent, especially if any of us had been sick for multiple days (like flu or a broken arm, fukkin skaters) because you usually couldn't make up the hours. I was the only one that could consistently get 40 a week. Sometimes one of my roomies would get 15 hours scheduled because they annoyed the boss.

We all eventually became alcoholics to deal with our hellish subsistence living. You just buy the cheapest booze you can ( $5 for a 5th!) and let that eat into the food gas and entertainment budget. Going to work drunk made my life tolerable for the first time in years.

E: utilities and trash and whatever else the gently caress we had to pay for at that shithole was all part of the monthly gently caress parade. This was in Missouri. College town though.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 31, 2016

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

"Professor Shark" posted:

I'll believe it when I see it. We have a better chance of getting a new voting system that will disproportionately benefit the current Liberal government than Mincome, and even that's already seeing some hiccups in getting implemented before the next election

I'm not sure about that. In Quebec, our left and the right wants it, unlike the voting issue. the left wants it to help the poor, and our center right government wants it to cut costs in bureaucracy. I remember reading it would be a net gain overall for the province.

Also lol at that poster that got mad for living in a country where the government cares more about shooting brown people overseas than their own citizens.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

The Enforcer posted:

Yes.

Seriously, you act like you're the first generation that gets hosed early in life.

EVERYONE STARTS OUT loving POOR YOU IDIOT!

That is how life works!

Oh my God. You are so dumb and you don't even know it. You yourself are the biggest piece of evidence against your own argument.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol at being 30 and having to introduce your tinder dates to your mom

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Uhm Jakes P. In a lot of other countries it's an honor to show your date to your mother and share your Capri sun with her. Don't know why America doesn't get it

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

If you're not man enough to introduce your casual hookups to your mom, you're not man enough to handle casual hookups.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

JakeP posted:

lol at being 30 and having to introduce your tinder dates to your mom

That would be better than having no one to introduce to your mom.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I don't live with my parents, but I am a povert. Don't be like me kids, live with your mom and pop

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
You can't argue cultural shame and American independence. You're supposed to hate your family and move at least three states away. If grandpappy and pappy had to kill themselves to feed five kids so do you, why don't you have kids yet? When are you going to grow up? Don't forget sacrificing in quiet dignity. That gives old uncle Sam the biggest wood.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pvt.Scott posted:

you're not man enough to handle casual hookups.

Lol

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

:gas:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
this might be off-topic, but why do you think animal planet never had another show like meerkat manor? that show was great

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I wonder how many millennials are homeless? they probably still have i-phones lol ammirite

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dreddout posted:

Paris Hilton, known self-made woman.

not to specifically call out that you picked a really 2004 and goony person to bust on but Paris Hilton has proven herself to have some pretty solid business acumen and the long interview where we realize that the dumb slut thing was 100% an act to fleece your wallet was pretty fuckin gr8

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

not to specifically call out that you picked a really 2004 and goony person to bust on but Paris Hilton has proven herself to have some pretty solid business acumen

:lol:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jonny 290 posted:

not to specifically call out that you picked a really 2004 and goony person to bust on but Paris Hilton has proven herself to have some pretty solid business acumen and the long interview where we realize that the dumb slut thing was 100% an act to fleece your wallet was pretty fuckin gr8

she was hot and probably still is

naem
May 29, 2011

She's is a very attractive parakeet

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

i got a cum en... her mouth!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Horniest Manticore posted:

this might be off-topic, but why do you think animal planet never had another show like meerkat manor? that show was great
they tried Hippo House but that quickly ended when the entire place collapsed within 7 seconds of shooting

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

they tried Hippo House but that quickly ended when the entire place collapsed within 7 seconds of shooting

lol for serious? hippo house, i'd watch the poo poo out of that

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

why, u grew up in it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if it actually existed, i would t-

jackyl posted:

why, u grew up in it
:laffo:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

jackyl posted:

why, u grew up in it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My generation, “the Baby Boomers,” has seen the massive collapse of the moral and civil fiber of America. Our children and grandchildren have been born into it and so consider it the norm. It was not always so.

My generation was secure in the knowledge that we had the right to EARN our way. We did not have the government dictating everything we must do, not did we expect them to provide for our every need or want like the present welfare society does.

We were not taught that we were victims of society. We believed that our country was the greatest the world had ever seen. We paid out taxes and took our voting privilege seriously. We were patriotic and considered it our responsibility and honor to serve in our Armed Forces (except for a few Vietnam era draft dodgers).

How things have changed: The majority of our top political leaders are utterly corrupt. In the last several years they have become so ambivalent that our enemies no longer respect us, and our allies do not trust us. Our armed forces, the greatest military force in history has been decimated — not from without, but from within.

The present administration has done everything in it’s power to turn us into a dependent welfare state. Criminal’s rights have become more important than the rights of the victims. Minority “rights” have become much more important than those of the majority.
Every kind of perversion has become acceptable and encouraged. Any moral or religious belief against perversion is called bigotry. Now the president has directed that all public school restrooms and locker rooms be made available to “transgender” students. This is a recipe for disaster.

Any male can go in the girl’s restroom or locker room under the pretense that he “feels like” he might have a female nature and ogle the girls in various stages of undress. What a setup for sexual assault. I doubt that Obama would allow his own daughters to be exposed to this possibility, yet he is mandating that ours will be.

Enough is enough. Eleven states have filed a lawsuit against Obama’s illegal mandate, and even though Idaho has not joined them yet, our governor supports and encourages them.

I call upon all school officials and citizens to refuse to implement this unlawful mandate by a lame duck president. This is the time for peaceful, but determined resistance, such as practiced by Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi. It’s called civil disobedience. It’s what outraged, long-suffering, but courageous people do.

I know that my generation has the guts to do this, but what about you Millennials? Can you step up to the plate and do your duty? Who’s going to prosecute you? “They” don’t have the guts or the means to do so. Let us unite across political and ideological lines to defeat this abominable threat to our children and grandchildren.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Blargh posted:

Welcome fellow Millennial! You get a thumbs up from the man himself

"And these colors don't run... If they hit the ground even in a fight, I will peel your skin off with a knife dipped in poo poo."
- Chains Cooper

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

My generation was secure in the knowledge that we had the right to EARN our way.

Just like I did working at a snack bar every summer to pay for college, which I left without a cent of debt. Why can't you goddamn kids do the same??

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that might not have been appropriate for this thread but I can't really tell what they are most mad about other than millennials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

My generation, “the Baby Boomers,” has seen the massive collapse of the moral and civil fiber of America. Our children and grandchildren have been born into it and so consider it the norm. It was not always so.

My generation was secure in the knowledge that we had the right to EARN our way. We did not have the government dictating everything we must do, not did we expect them to provide for our every need or want like the present welfare society does.

We were not taught that we were victims of society. We believed that our country was the greatest the world had ever seen. We paid out taxes and took our voting privilege seriously. We were patriotic and considered it our responsibility and honor to serve in our Armed Forces (except for a few Vietnam era draft dodgers).

How things have changed: The majority of our top political leaders are utterly corrupt. In the last several years they have become so ambivalent that our enemies no longer respect us, and our allies do not trust us. Our armed forces, the greatest military force in history has been decimated — not from without, but from within.

The present administration has done everything in it’s power to turn us into a dependent welfare state. Criminal’s rights have become more important than the rights of the victims. Minority “rights” have become much more important than those of the majority.
Every kind of perversion has become acceptable and encouraged. Any moral or religious belief against perversion is called bigotry. Now the president has directed that all public school restrooms and locker rooms be made available to “transgender” students. This is a recipe for disaster.

Any male can go in the girl’s restroom or locker room under the pretense that he “feels like” he might have a female nature and ogle the girls in various stages of undress. What a setup for sexual assault. I doubt that Obama would allow his own daughters to be exposed to this possibility, yet he is mandating that ours will be.

Enough is enough. Eleven states have filed a lawsuit against Obama’s illegal mandate, and even though Idaho has not joined them yet, our governor supports and encourages them.

I call upon all school officials and citizens to refuse to implement this unlawful mandate by a lame duck president. This is the time for peaceful, but determined resistance, such as practiced by Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi. It’s called civil disobedience. It’s what outraged, long-suffering, but courageous people do.

I know that my generation has the guts to do this, but what about you Millennials? Can you step up to the plate and do your duty? Who’s going to prosecute you? “They” don’t have the guts or the means to do so. Let us unite across political and ideological lines to defeat this abominable threat to our children and grandchildren.

Source ur qoutes

• Locked thread