Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
So if this falls through they'll presumably have to pay a lot of cash for Tito right? Assuming he has points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

ch3cooh posted:

Bellator is having a press conference at 6pm eastern presumably to discuss the ppv

I'm optimistic that they are just going to announce Mo vs Rampage as the new headliner

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

they can't possibly hope to still have people pay for it

oh but of course they do

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 54s
Rebney announces that Chandler will fight Will Brooks for the interim belt. Card remains a PPV.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

oh but of course they do

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 54s
Rebney announces that Chandler will fight Will Brooks for the interim belt. Card remains a PPV.

Lol.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Honestly I don't really think it makes much of a difference. The handful of people getting that PPV were probably going to get it for Rampage anyhow.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I've seen every episode of Bellator this season and last season, and I still had to google Will Brooks because I couldn't remember what he looked like. This thing is going to crater.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

I've seen every episode of Bellator this season and last season, and I still had to google Will Brooks because I couldn't remember what he looked like. This thing is going to crater.

Aww, I like Ill Will.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Honestly I don't really think it makes much of a difference. The handful of people getting that PPV were probably going to get it for Rampage anyhow.

I would have been interested if it were still Alvarez/Chandler

I have no interest in Chandler/A guy who got knocked out by Saad Awad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't forget that Patricky "Freire" Putbull is off the card too, so two of the matches you would expect to be good are off.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
Rebney says the PPV card is "as good as it gets."

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 13m
Rebney: it's remaining on PPV because it's a PPV-worthy card. It's a must-see event. We've gone from utterly spectacular to spectacular.

Do fight promoters practice lying like this?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 1m
Rebney says the PPV card is "as good as it gets."

Rebney: it's remaining on PPV because it's a PPV-worthy card. It's a must-see event. We've gone from utterly spectacular to spectacular.

Do fight promoters practice lying like this?

If he did he'd come up with a good lie.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

jim_genia posted:

The Bellator PPV has gone from utterly spectacular to just utterly.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

bokamotoESPN posted:

Eddie Alvarez said that when he does return for Bellator, "It will be on PPV, for sure."

A) Does this mean Alvarez's contract requires a ppv defense

B) Does this mean that after this PPV tanks utterly they're going to have to either do yet ANOTHER one or let Alvarez's contract expire?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Alvarez's understanding of his contract is that his next fight has to be on PPV. Also in the same interview he says he wasn't too worried about his concussion because last time he trained for Chandler he got knocked out and just took 2 weeks off. It explains a lot.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lmao

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/rampage-jackson-thinks-emmanuel-newton-should-have-bellator-205-title

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UFC may have provided Lawler/Hendricks and Silva/Brown this year but Bellator has provided more entertainment.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Alvarez's understanding of his contract is that his next fight has to be on PPV.

Can you imagine what that card is going to look like

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

David Rickels' Dinosaur vs King Mo's parasol girl

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

On one hand I think they would put on their biggest card yet, but on the other hand Viacom would lose less money putting Rampage/Kongo/Curran/Warren on separate free TV cards and that would minimize the big hit on the contractually PPV obligated Alvarez fight.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Does it cost anything to move a show that would have normally been on free TV to PPV?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
ppv carrier costs, loss of broadcast fees and ad revenue or whatever they have in their Viacom contract, someone's dog

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Does it cost anything to move a show that would have normally been on free TV to PPV?

I can't remember the exact numbers, but it's rumored that the UFC has to do about 150k buys in order to break even on any PPV. That probably varies card to card, but it's hard to see how Bellator's PPV gets anywhere near that. Zach Arnold, for all his flaws, said 50k buys is the make-or-break level but even that is going to be unlikely.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I can't remember the exact numbers, but it's rumored that the UFC has to do about 150k buys in order to break even on any PPV.

Meltzer said 225k, iirc. Like you said, that obviously is going to vary based on who's on the card and venue costs and etc etc.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Six years after fleeing from the police in a monster truck, Rampage Jackson is once again going to be responsible for a messy wreck -

Rampage posted:

And you know, Mayhem saw me make a comeback, and that has motivated him to make a comeback. So he has decided to make a comeback in MMA.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mayhem would fit this circus Bellator well I think.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
:getin:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mayhem saw Rampage make a comeback? Did anyone else see it or was it a hallucination?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Austin "Dogecoin" Lyons is gonna fight on the Spike card! :woop: :supaburn: :derp:

(I don't know if he'll be in full Dogecoin gear though)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
saying dogecoin makes me feel stupid; i hope he lives up to the hype i'm generating for myself

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cryptocurrencies are like fighter tattoos.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Is the Schlemenko/Tito fight still happening Saturday?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

savinhill posted:

Is the Schlemenko/Tito fight still happening Saturday?

It hasn't been cancelled yet so presumably

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Despite having a shorter career and taking less damage, Mo seems to have declined significantly more than Rampage.

Actually considering everything, it's remarkable how relatively little Rampage had declined.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

Despite having a shorter career and taking less damage, Mo seems to have declined significantly more than Rampage.

Actually considering everything, it's remarkable how relatively little Rampage had declined.

He's been ravaged by staph. Also I guess he hasn't had time to adjust to being off the juice?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rampage vs. Mo is the fight only the morbidly curious want to see.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

coconono posted:

Rampage vs. Mo is the fight only the morbidly curious want to see.

I haven't ever been called morbidly anything before, but I feel it is appropriate right now.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Looks like this dude fights on the Bellator PPV this weekend.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Michael Page did a fun kickboxing-in-MMA-gloves thing a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1j7gAE5Ic&t=6m50s

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Daniel Cormier posted:

[Mo Lawal] insisted that I fight. This guys called me when I was at my lowest point everyday. This guy paid my mortgage when I was broke. Hes my brother and I can't wait until he competes this weekend in his 1st ppv main event. You don't meet many people like Muhammad Lawal in one lifetime and I am lucky to have this guy. Watch him put an end to rampage career. Mo you a champion my brother and good luck. You won't need it. #bro

Rampage posted:

Daniel needs to watch what he says before I smack the taste out of his mouth

Rampage is seriously rivalling Bisping for extreme thinness of skin these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
dc: my man's fighting and i sincerely, respectfully hope he wins

rampage: my emotions won't let me deal with this rationally

• Locked thread