Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rollofthedice posted:

Tear gas fired into lawns, houses

What's the law regarding firing tear gas into private houses? Is it legal for them to do that when their stated goal is to disperse the protests? And please don't remind me that the law isn't the primary factor in their behavior here, I've noticed. I'm just asking for context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can't get over the police telling people to disperse while cutting off their avenues of escape.

Kettling is fantastic, ain't it?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SedanChair posted:

That Sharpton, always riling people up

People are mad that he and Jackson are "peddling their lies" in Silicon Valley because of their employee makeup.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

they have loving medics? really???

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
gently caress this racist rear end country. gently caress this police state. DTA.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think we can all agree: great job by Governor Jay Nixon so far.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Spiritus Nox posted:

What's the law regarding firing tear gas into private houses? Is it legal for them to do that when their stated goal is to disperse the protests? And please don't remind me that the law isn't the primary factor in their behavior here, I've noticed. I'm just asking for context.

No idea, sorry.

I'm glad that MSNBC is at least being a bit mad about all this.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

well they've started shooting them too so

They kept the cameras rolling, too. For as long as they could, at any rate.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Petr posted:

Sounds to me like he's talking about the president for some reason:

I like how you had to deliberately cut out the sentences before that where he was talking about the governor, as he has for most of this

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

It's pretty amazing really how he and everybody at every level was loving idiotic.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Muffin Top posted:

What the hell is this true?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-trains-us-law-enforcement-in-counter-terrorism/
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/04/report-israeli-model-underlies-militarization-of-u-s-police/

Not just the US either, Israel/Palestine just happens to be a useful testing ground for weapons and supression tactics.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

SedanChair posted:

I fundamentally disagree with the Rev on this.

To my knowledge, every successful form of nonviolent protest has been accompanied, either under the same umbrella or at least synchronous, a radical element who was not above violence.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

Well at least his ambitions for national office are now dead right?

Right? :smith:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

axeil posted:

:laffo:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Made it to the action. At QT right now. Tear gs and flash bangs used a lot. I'm next to KSDK

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Grapplejack posted:

they have loving medics? really???

Occupy Oakland used to have medics. The OPD kept books of pictures so they could target them with rubber bullets first.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neo Duckberg posted:

Made it to the action. At QT right now. Tear gs and flash bangs used a lot. I'm next to KSDK

Any new scars? Take care of yourself out there.

Muffin Top
Jan 7, 2013

God I hate this world

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Relive the first strike, I remember it like it was 30 minutes ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0Yjdqm6BE&feature=youtu.be

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nonsense posted:

It's pretty amazing really how he and everybody at every level was loving idiotic.

Truly, the executive leader our country needs. He's a Democrat who's willing to shoot them darkies got Republican cred.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

Neo Duckberg posted:

Please do not die, friend.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Think the cops might be getting ready to move on the fox stream. First time the camera's moved in a bit, at any rate.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Muffin Top posted:

God I hate this world

Read "Cities Under Siege". It's kind of plodding and textbook at times, but it's a great breakdown of how police forces and military forces have focused on urbanized warfare, and how Gaza, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. has been a laboratory for a lot of that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

axeil posted:

Still better than Roy Blunt.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

SedanChair posted:

Dude totally starting whole riots by himself though *grumbles something about anti antisemitism*

aBagorn posted:

I fundamentally disagree with the Rev on this.

To my knowledge, every successful form of nonviolent protest has been accompanied, either under the same umbrella or at least synchronous, a radical element who was not above violence.

I do to but at this point nonviolence is the only way to do it without being slaughtered plus I don't really like the idea of hurting people so we should try nonviolence until there are no other options.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

axeil posted:

Tough on crime. #Nixon2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Neo Duckberg posted:

Remember, piss on cloth and hold it over your mouth if you can't breath.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is it true Vice is being gassed by the police at the moment?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

My Imaginary GF posted:

Remember, piss on cloth and hold it over your mouth if you can't breath.

Have gas mask dude

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
how well equipped with flash bang and tear gas are those jokers? If the protestors keep this up for some time is there a chance the police runs out of steam and the municipality actually has to deal with the concerns?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
https://twitter.com/TheAnonMessage/status/499747991230894080/photo/1

Anon's got infographics up

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Neo Duckberg posted:

A working camera will help keep you alive, Neo Duckberg

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

I do to but at this point nonviolence is the only way to do it without being slaughtered plus I don't really like the idea of hurting people so we should try nonviolence until there are no other options.

They're just going to keep firing tear gas on anyone forming nonviolent protests until they stop, and this will all be swept under the rug.

It's either that or things get violent and citizens are slaughtered.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Alex Jones has a working livestream. I've been looking for a Vice News stream as I'd rather not listen to this guy, but at least he's letting people speak and say whatever's on their minds.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
https://twitter.com/WeAllOccupy/status/499747973056954369/photo/1

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cops on the stream joking with each other. "Man I had search team out looking for you! Thought they got you!" *both have a hearty chuckle.*

Well, I'm glad someone made it out okay

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Neo Duckberg posted:

Have gas mask dude

You went to a peaceful protest with a gas mask? Clearly, your intent was to stir up violence. Judge sentences you to 10 years without parole.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

They're just going to keep firing tear gas on anyone forming nonviolent protests until they stop, and this will all be swept under the rug.

It's either that or things get violent and citizens are slaughtered.

Given how hot things got today and tonight I'm extremely worried that tomorrow some cop is gonna lose his loving poo poo and open fire with real bullets.

At which point the cops will have the full-on riot they've been itching for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 607 days!

Cheekio posted:

Relive the first strike, I remember it like it was 30 minutes ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0Yjdqm6BE&feature=youtu.be

Looks like a loving war zone. I've never even heard of Ferguson before this poo poo, why does some random town I've never heard of before have it's own loving army*?

Are those state police assisting or is this all their local pd?

*Semi-rhetorical, I know the answer is, because America.

• Locked thread