Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

El Murguista posted:

I don't watch anime and I still think it was one of the best episodes of the series. Whoever did British LSP is a phenomenal voice actor and once you accept the character's a poo poo heel there's a lot of good jokes in there.

I believe it was Peter Serafinowicz, who also dubbed the voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Also, This episode is solo-boarded by Jesse Moynihan. Word up, Jmoyns!

That's a good sign. His episodes generally have been my favorites.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Weltlich posted:

That's a good sign. His episodes generally have been my favorites.

I had a mental break after lemonhope; he's that good when self censoring.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Sithsaber posted:

You've read Forming, right? It's loving amazing.

JMoynihan for president.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Zeruel posted:

You've read Forming, right? It's loving amazing.

JMoynihan for president.

I posted about it awhile back in this thread.

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted

Sithsaber posted:

Moynihan didn't board the Lemonhope episodes. They were done by Herpich & Wolfhard.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Integral Catculus posted:

Moynihan didn't board the Lemonhope episodes. They were done by Herpich & Wolfhard.

My world is a lie! Did he at least do the citadel? Who did Mars?

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted
"Wake Up" was Andy Ristaino and Cole Sanchez; "Escape from the Citadel" was Herpich & Wolfhard; but, happily for you, "Sons of Mars" was a JMoyns/ACasta joint.

Integral Catculus fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 28, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Say Nothing posted:

RIP Prince Gumball.

The sound effect of the bucket right there was a joy to behold.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 7, 2014

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

boom boom boom posted:

100 episodes and a movie. You gotta include Zeta and Char's Counterattack in there.

Is this the same character who at one point used the pseudonym Quattro Vagina?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh hey, Jmoyns is going to be at my local comic book store in October! That is pretty bad rear end. The comic book guys there are all right (if totally drunk all day) and I love that they manage to get the most interesting people in the business to come talk at their store all the time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh hey, Jmoyns is going to be at my local comic book store in October! That is pretty bad rear end. The comic book guys there are all right (if totally drunk all day)

Hahaha, you'll not find a more Professional Businessman than a comic book store owner.

I hope that shop stays open for a few more years. :unsmith:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dove from Above posted:

Is this the same character who at one point used the pseudonym Quattro Vagina?

Bejeena, but yes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 7, 2014

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 3, 2018

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're bad Fanfiction so yeah?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Is it me, or did the episode actually seem to harbour some spite towards the whole idea of Fionna & Cake? They're (intentionally) reduced to cardboard cutouts with no thoughts or agency of their own.

Also, take into account the author, who is basically using the fanfic to make herself look like an incredible person who even the perfect person loves and will even break through their reality to hang out with.

So, basically, LSP is the author of 'My Immortal'.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
All Fionna and cake episodes poke fun at some elements of fan fiction, although I think they've stated here and there that they're not ridiculing all fan fiction. Bad Little Boy features a contrast of good and bad story-telling for example.

This episode shows an even worse story teller, but I think it's so ridiculous that fan fiction writers will hopefully not identify with it or take offense in the way they did with the first F&C episode.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 3, 2018

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

I didn't mean to sound so negative, but the sequences in the previous episodes at least also functioned as stories, whereas this one was intentionally off-putting. It actually had sting, which fits perfectly, but that raises the question of whether an intentionally bad episode is just bad.

You'll watch no matter what, which allows the creators to branch out, experiment, expound on trivial details, follow tertiary characters and explore mocking the fanbase.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Is it me, or did the episode actually seem to harbour some spite towards the whole idea of Fionna & Cake? They're (intentionally) reduced to cardboard cutouts with no thoughts or agency of their own.
That was just LSP's self-indulgent take on F&C. Everyone should read the AT Fionna and Cake comics to get an accurate take on how the 'real' F&C would interact with Lumpy Space Prince (face-punching is involved).

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 29, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell, I just took it that the female LSP has a crush on Finn, but doesn't know a thing about him. So therefore she didn't have much to contribute to his analog when it came time for her to write about her.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Oh I think LSP knows a whole lot about Finn now.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ferroque posted:

Took it to the danger zone deep end.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Ferroque posted:

You SOB, you just made me think that instead of the fan fiction working as a rehash of LSP's inner conflict, it could be LSP abandoning everything Finn taught her and turning to his pubescent ethos of "whatevs" to justify her pathetic existence. This is wrong obviously, but drat you for making me think such tripe.

I'm kidding

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I just realized that the entire episode was a plot by LSP to go gently caress herself.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Pavlov posted:

I just realized that the entire episode was a plot by LSP to go gently caress herself.

My God you're right.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ferroque posted:

No.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Search your feelings PP, you know this to be true.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So seeing how next episode is Jmoyns solo time I decided to check out Forming for the first time. Man, what a bizarre, dense series. I think it's fantastic but I'm not certain I'm following it well enough to say for sure.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Steve Yun posted:

"Something Big" you say?

Anyone want to take bets on whether this is Maja or a red herring title meant to throw us off.
Well...

Adventure Time Wikipedia posted:

Maja is a character who first appears in "Sky Witch." She buys Hambo from Ash and later trades Princess Bubblegum Hambo in exchange for Princess Bubblegum's rock t-shirt. She uses the material's emotional essence for a brew, which she says "will be big."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Say Nothing posted:

That was just LSP's self-indulgent take on F&C. Everyone should read the AT Fionna and Cake comics to get an accurate take on how the 'real' F&C would interact with Lumpy Space Prince (face-punching is involved).

やらないか?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Something Big.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Dang Clarence looks like a cool show.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm late but I wanted to comment on the whole Finn-recovers-his-arm thing. I was really disappointed by that, it cheapens the episode when he loses the arm, but worse, it nullifies all the thrill of that foreshadowing with the mechanical arm. What the hell are they going to do with that now? Will Finn lose the arm again so he can have a mechanical arm? That's daft as all gently caress. Or maybe will they just forget that in every other iteration Finn was without arm, turning all of that meaningless.
I'm also wondering why most of you guys didn't even commented on that and only some of you just briefly mentioned it, the whole analysis on Finn emotional state is cool but Finn recovering the arm so soon seems like a much bigger deal to me.

I think I'm maybe approaching the cartoon the wrong way, Adventure Time kind of aways felt like that to me. To explain: I'm aways expecting it to be the kind of story that have a strong focus on continuity when I should see it more like just a normal Saturday morning cartoon that mostly resets to status quo by the end of the episode. I'm a much bigger sucker for the former, stuff like Neil Gaiman's Sandman or pretty much every manga (like One Piece) ranks much higher on my preferences.

So maybe it's just me, but even so I still think that in the specific case of Finn recovering his arm so soon, it was probably cowardice or pressure from higher ups on the network or something.

program666 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 30, 2014

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It's a loving cartoon about candy people and a talking dog who is pretty much a Deus ex machina.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Episode was fun. Terribly dumb but fun exploration of how awful LSP is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shitenshi posted:

It's a loving cartoon about candy people and a talking dog who is pretty much a Deus ex machina.

Yeah, this. And you knew his arm was coming back the second that goop fell on it. The weirdest part was that it didn't come back that episode.

• Locked thread