Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Die Laughing posted:

Guy can talk, but his flower toss is sublime.

Speaking of this, when did this tradition (both wrestlers getting bouquets before a title fight) start? Also where and when did the throwing of streamers start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

Dark Knight Rises was such a piece of dogshit and it's the least surprising thing ever that you like a movie that had poo poo written in just to sell toys, bad continuity errors and ruined a legacy. AKA the movie version of modern WWE.

I believe MRT was being facetious, actually

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Just because The Dark Knight Rises was so much better doesn't mean the Dark Knight wasn't good in its own right.

MRT you hate comic books and movies based off of them, don't lie.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Paulocaust posted:

Dark Knight Rises was such a piece of dogshit and it's the least surprising thing ever that you like a movie that had poo poo written in just to sell toys, bad continuity errors and ruined a legacy. AKA the movie version of modern WWE.

Haha this rules

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

That DICK! posted:

Internet nerds have been lording their superiority by making GBS threads on the Dark Knight for like 7 years now so maybe it is you who is the dweeb

That DICK! posted:

Internet nerd: I liked the Dark Knight, the Joker was good and Batman was cool.
Cool guy: uhh, actually, maybe you didn't pay attention to how much it disrespected the rich Batman mythology???!

Paulocaust posted:

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Batman movies are bad and the only good one has been Mask of the Phantasm.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

western cartoons arent movies

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the only thing worse than batman is anime

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Angular Landbury posted:

Batman movies are bad and the only good one has been Mask of the Phantasm.

I can't agree with this because Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. PG-13 version.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Batman isn't a wrestler I don't think. Please correct me if I'm wrong though because I wanna see a wrestling batman.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Reaverbot posted:

Batman isn't a wrestler I don't think. Please correct me if I'm wrong though because I wanna see a wrestling batman.

this year in michinoku pro batman teamed up with ultraman and others to save the universe from superman, r2-d2, c3po, darth vader, and yoda

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there are at least two people mexico that wrestle in unlicensed batman halloween costumes

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aueC-NXMk

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oatgan posted:

there are at least two people mexico that wrestle in unlicensed batman halloween costumes

Blue Meanie's first professional wrestling matches were against a guy wrestling as Batman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Reaverbot posted:

Batman feuded with Dos Caras.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

A one-shot had a new Batman who rose to fame and wealth through pro wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Paulocaust posted:

You did nail it that I love Batman and Robin.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bard Maddox posted:

this year in michinoku pro batman teamed up with ultraman and others to save the universe from superman, r2-d2, c3po, darth vader, and yoda

that sounds cool as heck.

i liked dark knight rises because tom hardy is pretty good and also the entirety of the pittsburg steelers minus hines ward dies. please do not take this as me liking hines ward.

anyway, uhhh, are wwe going to move new guys like KO/aj/sami zayn to forever midcard status once cena, orton, and seth rollins get back? that almost seems depressingly inevitable.

e: not like owens and zayn aren't midcard right now, but i can't see them getting a bigger push with The Big Guys back.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They're coming out with an adapt to The Killing Joke soon. They got Conroy and Hamill on board. I think it will be wicked sick.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Saw that Captain America Civil War today and it were well good.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Has Vader ever actually hit anyone with a moonsault?

If yes, did the recipient survive?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

Has Vader ever actually hit anyone with a moonsault?

If yes, did the recipient survive?

he used to hit it all the time but i don't think i've ever seen him hit it flush so the move looks dangerous. He always landed on his arms first and overshot his opponent enough that he hit them with his upper chest and not his stomach

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

With the recent death of Mitch, I got to thinking about inanimate objects in wrestling, and who the best one is.

Moppy? Pepe? Francesca? Yoshihiko? Little Jimmy? Big Poppa Pump's pogo stick?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

With the recent death of Mitch, I got to thinking about inanimate objects in wrestling, and who the best one is.

HEAD?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship belt since it won itself at one point

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I always had a soft spot for Rick Martel's cologne "arrogance" in the old-style bug spray container.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Let us never forget the amazing on-screen chemistry between Scott Steiner and this duck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_qmZPdZcI

(There are very few questions asked on these forums that can't be answered with a 7-second video of Scott Steiner.)

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ecavalli posted:

Let us never forget the amazing on-screen chemistry between Scott Steiner and this duck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_qmZPdZcI

(There are very few questions asked on these forums that can't be answered with a 7-second video of Scott Steiner.)

LOL you can hear him get gassed afterwards.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

eva marie

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Linda.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Really enjoyed Summer Rae on a stick

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gavok posted:

I can't agree with this because Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. PG-13 version.

This is a valid and correct opinion.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bane is a Luchador. I bet he'd have a sick match with Matanza.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

He'd be the only luchador in the match too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sanguinia posted:

Batman put over his backbreaker like crazy for that one injury angle.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He came back from that angle with one where he learns the Heart Punch, but doesn't use it because he's a babyface.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Halloween Jack posted:

He came back from that angle with one where he learns the Heart Punch, but doesn't use it because he's a babyface.

Nobody remembers that. But then nobody remembers the end of the previous angle either. I mean, Bane jobs to a fake Batman out of nowhere and then Batman comes back and beats the fake instead of Bane? loving TNA poo poo amirite?

Now Robin II vs Joker, that was an angle. He upheld the stip for like 20 years before he came back too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sanguinia posted:

Nobody remembers that. But then nobody remembers the end of the previous angle either. I mean, Bane jobs to a fake Batman out of nowhere and then Batman comes back and beats the fake instead of Bane? loving TNA poo poo amirite?

Now Robin II vs Joker, that was an angle. He upheld the stip for like 20 years before he came back too.

Whatabout Supes' "retirement"? And then they tried to replace him with not one, but FOUR fakes? Like anyone ever believed any of them were really him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Davros1 posted:

Whatabout Supes' "retirement"? And then they tried to replace him with not one, but FOUR fakes? Like anyone ever believed any of them were really him.

What about the time they tried to change Supes' gimmick? It bombed big time.