Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Added a Broncos -1.5/Chiefs pk teaser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I think the TNF game is a great spot for either a Broncos tease or just taking the Broncos team over. I know its a divisional game and SD is much better than their loss to KC (which is why Broncos -7.5 is not great), but its worth pointing out that the Chiefs time of possession was 40 minutes Sunday afternoon, and the Chargers are likely missing their #1/#2 CBs for Thursday. The Broncos were resting starters in the 4th quarter.

Defenses already are tired on Thursdays, the Chargers defense will barely be there.

edit: of course all of this crap is already factored into the line, I support the efficient market hypothesis crap, but still

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 21, 2014

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Baseballs:

1U under 6.5 total

Really want to take the Giants ML at 2:1 but I'm scurrred to bet against the Royals. Someone convince me otherwise

edit: went the other way, took Royals on ML

BWV fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 21, 2014

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Took Bum. Idk giants playoff bullshit beats cinderella stories.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

BWV posted:

Baseballs:

1U under 6.5 total

Really want to take the Giants ML at 2:1 but I'm scurrred to bet against the Royals. Someone convince me otherwise

edit: went the other way, took Royals on ML

Where did you find the Giants at 2:1? I'd take that all day. My books have them at a reduced vig (-105) but that's it.

Forgot to place my bets. Will look at getting on Sharks and Devils at the intermission. On the Stars tonight.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I put $5 on the Giants +2000 in March. Never putting peanuts on WS futures again

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Nabokov in net for Lightning. Taking the Flames ML at -112.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Should I make a bet with my friend that the Seahawks do not make the playoffs this season?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
No because the NFC is down and likely only one North team and one South team will make the playoffs which opens up spots elsewhere.

I mean if he's offering 3:1 or something then go for it, but I wouldn't make a reactionary bet like that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Whirlwind Jones posted:

No because the NFC is down and likely only one North team and one South team will make the playoffs which opens up spots elsewhere.

I mean if he's offering 3:1 or something then go for it, but I wouldn't make a reactionary bet like that.

I'd take the bet Seattle doesnt make the playoffs. Two north teams are 5-2 and two east teams only have 1 loss.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'd just look at the playoff odds that FO and other places calculate and compare them with each other and then with the bet

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I need to quit betting totals in baseball. I think this is the 6th I've lost in the playoffs.

Stars are trying to give this away. Arky St apparently ran a fake punt from their own 4 and I'm sweating the Flames. At least the Giants look good.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Going to take my winnings from the Giants game and put them on Packers -7.5 at 4.6. I dont get the packers line at all.

Also regarding Seattle http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-seattle-seahawks-are-now-underdogs-to-make-the-playoffs/

Despera fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 22, 2014

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seattle should beat the Panthers at home. There's no real reason on paper why they won't that being said, I'd be wary of Cam Newton pulling some bullshit and the defense having one of those "no respec" days where they play well.

Of course seattle just got embarrassed by the Rams so they're likely to be "up" as well.

I've got a funny feeling about that game. I'm staying right the gently caress away from it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Finally won betting soccer. Took Madrid and arsenal to win. Now to put the winnings on the giants ML like a butthead.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

BWV posted:

Finally won betting soccer. Took Madrid and arsenal to win. Now to put the winnings on the giants ML like a butthead.

I'm with you on the Giants ML tonight. No play on puck this evening.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I have Royals ML and a Royals ML + Over 7 parlay tonight.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I got killed this weekend in NFL.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Dang, I can't remember seeing a bigger line in hockey than Sabres/Ducks tonight. Neuvirth is being thrown to the wolves again.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Pick the giants ML and giants -1.5. Think this is goina be like when the rockies got hot, made the ws then got trounced by a veteran team.

Nuevirth just isnt good

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sepist posted:

I have Royals ML and a Royals ML + Over 7 parlay tonight.
;)

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Yea I totally live bet all those 6th inning hits too. Can't wait to give it all back Sunday

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Tomorrow:

Red Wings ML -105 (1U)
Chargers +8 (1U)
Chargers +8.5 (1U)

YTD: 91-81-3

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lost the Giants ML but made it back live betting. Once the Royals got into the 7th with the lead I just hammered the giants total under 2.5.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I got Broncos -1.5/Over 45 for tonight, will tail you guys on the Red Wings too

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Parlayed over 51.5 and broncos ML tonight. Brandon Flowers is out and Verrett is probably out, leaving DT to have 600 receiving yards and 20 touchdowns.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Broncos -8.5
Over 51.5
OVer 51.5 and Broncos ML parlay
will probably also jump on Red Wings cause I want to feel part of the team.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Love Miami -3 tonight. 42-25-1 YTD.

Cousin Balki
Jan 31, 2002
Broncos -8.5

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
250 Broncos -6.5 first half

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
hockey is too much of a crapshoot. sigh.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
$500 on Over 51 in the Denver game.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Pending tonight:
Red Wings ML
San Diego +8
San Diego +8.5

Tomorrow:
South Alabama -14

Saturday's Card:
Minnesota -5.5
2U Texas +10
UAB +23.5
Virginia -6.5
Miami OH -7 +100
OKST -3
2U OKST -1
Kentucky +14
Texas Tech +22.5
Vandy/Mizzou Over 41.5
Temple +9
Wazzu +3
Wyoming +18.5
3U Ole Miss/LSU Under 45
Tenny +18
Penn State +14.5
Utah +1
Hawaii +3

Will be on Wild ML in some form for the NHL card.

Sunday's:
Detroit/Atlanta Under 47
Kansas City -6.5
Tampa Bay -3
Texans -3 +100
KC -0.5/Ravens +7 tease
Bears +7
New Orleans -1
GB/NO Over 54.5

EDIT: ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME WITH THESE BULLSHIT REFS?

EDIT2: Hammered San Diego +11.5 live.

Viper_3000 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 24, 2014

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
yay wings

Cousin Balki
Jan 31, 2002
Looks like everyone cleaned up on the Broncos game. I tailed you guys with an over and ML parlay in addition to the -8.5 bet :clint:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Thanks for the tip on Miami team ;)

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Bleh. That'll teach me to bet against Peyton. Glad we could make some money on the Red Wings. That was a killer game. Had a lean on the Preds tonight but didn't feel strong enough to play it. Killer game though, and I like the style of hockey they are playing.

Playing the Red Wings ML (-130) again tomorrow. Leans on the Avs and Bolts as well, but I need to look at those a little closer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Boom goes the dynamite.

7th week running I've had money on both the line and the overs and I've only missed once. (jets pats only got 1/2) if I had of let this ride instead of making stupid parlays I'd have nearly 2k.

Oh well.

I'm on the Ravens at -1 and the Packers to win h2h with a good chunk of the winnings, also chucked a sneaky tenner on the eagles/cards overs.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dumb fun prop bet for WS. I like these odds for the crazy off shoot chances he has a dominating performance in his next start and wins the series. Dumber storylines have been made based on nicknames. Narrative could be made by the media.

J Shields (Royals) WS MVP +10000

15 pays 1515

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Hit the blue coats pick last night live, turned 40 into 330 putting me +$1,800 for the week so far

Tonight and the weekend, still on the fence about a lot of my football picks for sunday so I only have a few:

Dallas Stars ML

Packers + 1 and over 55.5 parlay
Eagles +2.5 and over 48 parlay
Dolphins -5.5 and over 43 parlay

Dolphins pick
Eagles pick

And some silly 4/6 game parlays

Sepist fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 24, 2014

• Locked thread