Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
I haven't been tainted after reading JosefStalinator's post in the milhist thread. So I'm interested in commanding my own little army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Hyord posted:

I am an unspoilered reader of the German thread (I always have a tendency to view the thread of the side that lost historically) if you need any extra commanders now or in the future.

Want a division?

Chillyrabbit posted:

I haven't been tainted after reading JosefStalinator's post in the milhist thread. So I'm interested in commanding my own little army.

And you as well?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

dublish posted:

Want a division?

And you as well?

Yup, I'll give it a try and see if I can live up to the hype of superior krupp german steel.

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011

dublish posted:

Want a division?

Sure!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Chillyrabbit posted:

Yup, I'll give it a try and see if I can live up to the hype of superior krupp german steel.

Excellent! Pending confirmation from JosefStalinator, I'll give you two 9. and 10. Divisions respectively. We've got placeholder orders for those divisions here, so we can ease you into things without overwhelming you. I'll write up a summary and primer to get you acquainted with the game so far.

If either of you have moral objections to using MSPaint or GIMP or Photoshop or any other image-editing program, speak now or forever hold your peace. Making maps is the best way to make sure Grey knows what you want your units to do.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

get yer asses over HERE and claim one of 5 Korp's divisions

Still need a Korps Commander to blame everything on coordinate

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i took a roleplaying break to drink dark beer and cry but i'm willing to continue commanding ii korps. i tried to make a map in gimp last time but i hit some error i couldn't figure out and gave up - i'll continue to try to do so in future

edit: i guess i need to give orders for bwfc's divisionartillery don't i

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011

Is my understanding of what 9th and 10th Divisions actually are accurate?

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
Looks accurate to me

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011

warhammer651 posted:

Looks accurate to me

I only ask because in the google docs it looks like he has more artillery and cavalry assets than I do but when I look at both on the map it appears to be nearly identical.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The picture is accurate, I distributed everything as evenly as possible among regiments, but gave most of the corps assets to 9. Division. I don't know who put that into the spreadsheet, but I'll clean it up.

E: Oh, it looks like the V. Korps organization was just copy-pasted from IV. Korps.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Chillyrabbit posted:

Welcome, commanders of 9th and 10th division! This turn you're being deployed, so your orders are pretty much just "move south". You're reinforcements that are arriving because the map has expanded North (and we are in trouble). After you're actually on the map we'll have a better idea of what we will need you to do.

dublish posted:

The picture is accurate, I distributed everything as evenly as possible among regiments, but gave most of the corps assets to 9. Division. I don't know who put that into the spreadsheet, but I'll clean it up.

E: Oh, it looks like the V. Korps organization was just copy-pasted from IV. Korps.

I totally just copy pasted V Korps' info from IV Korps' just because I needed a quick template to do deployments before I went to bed. Dublish's deployments are far superior, and if one of you want to fix up the doc to make it prettier and reflective of Dublish's deployment, that'd be great.

oystertoadfish posted:

i took a roleplaying break to drink dark beer and cry but i'm willing to continue commanding ii korps. i tried to make a map in gimp last time but i hit some error i couldn't figure out and gave up - i'll continue to try to do so in future

edit: i guess i need to give orders for bwfc's divisionartillery don't i

At this point you're basically the sole commander of all of what is left of II Korps, including all artillery assets. It's actually a pretty important job, even if depressing given how many dudes died.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Greetings, and welcome to the German thread of Over the Top- Grey Hunter's LP of the WWI tabletop game Great War Spearhead.

The Game:

This game is a corps/division-level wargame designed to cover scenarios between 1900 and 1920, and has rule variations dependent on the year in which a scenario occurs. The current game takes place in August 1914. The German army, commanded by JosefStalinator, is attacking French positions across the Sombre River. Updates are as followed:

Deployment
Turn 1-2: The Germans cross the Sombre
Turn 3-4: The Battle for Mange-Pomme begins, and artillery bombards the Chemin des Putains
Turn 5-6: The attack continues
Turn 7-8: IV. Korps stalls, and the attack on Mange-Pomme reaches a climax
Turn 9-10: Mange-Pomme is taken
Turn 11-12: The assault on Chemins des Putains begins
Turn 13-14: II. Korps evaporates

The Rules:

Grey Hunter covers the basics of corps composition and command radii in the OP here. Be advised that while the picture is correct, Grey's list of division assets is not. Unit movement and weapon ranges are covered here.

Regiments, divisions, and corps have two states: attacking or defending. If a corps is in a defensive state, it, its subordinate divisions, and its subordinate regiments must all succeed in switching to the attack state in order for the regiments to move. A division with attack orders must have at least 50% of its subordinate regiments on attack orders as well. A division with defend orders must have no more than 33% of its regiments on attack orders.

When making orders, draw a picture. Indicate where HQs should go with simple arrows, and Grey Hunter will move units attached to a given HQ as well. If you want units to move into a specific formation or location, mark such locations on your drawing. More advanced graphic-editing software (GIMP is free if you don't have Photoshop) will give you more options to communicate your orders Grey Hunter.

Turns take place in two phases: a movement phase and a fire phase. Stationary units seem to have an advantage in the fire phase. When a unit is fired upon, it may become suppressed, in which case it presumably cannot take further action in the turn, or it may be destroyed. If a regiment loses a given percentage of its units, it must make a morale check- Veteran regiments make this check at 75% losses, Regular regiments also make a check at 50% losses, and Green regiments make one at 25% losses as well. This makes green units especially vulnerable to enemy fire, and even moreso when attacking.

Engineers have special abilities that are covered here.

As this is 1914, artillery is also subject to special rules. Artillery cannot currently fire indirectly. Batteries can only fire at visible units within their range. Other units block line-of-sight, making artillery placement particularly difficult and important.

V. Korps:

The spreadsheet has been updated with V. Korps' proper organization. V. Korps' current mission is to cross the Sombre via Thesaurus and Broulard. I think it's highly likely that the crossing at Thesaurus will be contested- crossing there will depend on how much damage other forces can do to the impending French counterattack on Coubarbe. If IV. Korps needs aid against whatever the Allies throw at the Sombre in the west, V. Korps may be needed elsewhere, but for now I want 9. Division to head for Thesaurus and 10. Division to head for Broulard.

If there's anything I missed, or if our new comrades have any questions, :justpost:.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

dublish posted:

If there's anything I missed, or if our new comrades have any questions, :justpost:.

Where or how do I keep up to date with the maps?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chillyrabbit posted:

Where or how do I keep up to date with the maps?

Grey will always post a map covering the entire combat area at the end of each of the combat updates. I'll usually post my general orders using that map, and you can refer to it for your own.

Also Dublish is super cool and made a nice little post above yours that contains all of the past updates. It should give you an idea of what the map looks like. You'll note its rapid expansion, mostly due to the allies for reasons we aren't really sure of.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Orders are final!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grey Hunter posted:

Orders are final!

JosefStalinator posted:

This is awesome dublish! I've updated your post below and added my own comments or overriding orders where necessary. I err on the side of you guys doing your thing cause I don't want to be overly controlling! I only intervene where I feel it is crucial to our success.

Army HQ - JosefStalinator

I. Korps - warhammer651
Looks Good

1. Division - dublish
Do not move the red artillery, have them enter defensive mode and fire on the enemy
2. Division - Crowsbeak
YLooks good!

II. Korps - oystertoadfish
3. Division - ForeverBWFC
ForeverBWFC appears to be AWOL, refer to my orders
4. Division - ArbitraryTA
In general this is good but devoid of pictures, refer to my orders for the specific locations

III. Korps - steinrokkan*
Looks good
5. Division - Slaan
Looks good
6. Division - pthighs
Looks good

IV. Korps - Bacarruda
Looks good
7. Division - Jesenjin
Looks good
8. Division - Veloxyll
Looks good

V. Korps - Dublish
9. Division - Chillyrabbit
10. Division - Hyord

In case you missed it Grey, here's the post compiling our orders.

EDIT: The bold text is any overrides I do on their orders using my authority.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 11, 2015

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

In case you missed it Grey, here's the post compiling our orders.

EDIT: The bold text is any overrides I do on their orders using my authority.

You don't have any override authority, I follow the Divisional commanders orders. That's the whole point! (Except AWOL commanders, when I go to the Corps commander)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ah. oh dear.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Grey Hunter posted:

You don't have any override authority, I follow the Divisional commanders orders. That's the whole point! (Except AWOL commanders, when I go to the Corps commander)

And that's why this game is great! We spectators love it.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Mwahahaha!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grey Hunter posted:

:rip: German army, dead by inability to produce accurate and coordinated maps

At least the allies probably have the same problem, right? I'm looking forward to eventually reading the entente thread and seeing which of their bizarre moves (like the collapse of Mange-Pomme) came from commanders misinterpreting orders or whatever.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Turn 14 – 3:00pm
The Allies win the initiative.

The occupation of Hill 69 continues at pace.

The forces attacking in the south pull back, while the new troops march south in force.

The eastern front continues to move, although it is still a major roadblock.

The French shooting is terrible, only two companies fall to stationary French infantry fire.

Here, no hits are scored by the French troops.

The Artillery duel in the centre goes the German way – they kill four gun batteries and lose two.

On the eastern flank, the French guns take out three German infantry companies.

The German infantry fire as they advance, and four French regiments fall.

5/1 Regiment must make a morale check – Pass!
5/4 Regiment must make a morale check – Pass!

Turn 15 – 3:30pm
The Allies win the initiative.

There is more movement on the flank as the guns go into position.

One unit is pinned, but the rest flee back as the fresh 5th Corps advance.

In the centre, a solid wall of guns dares the French to advance.

The artillery goes to the front here.

French infantry causes the Germans some casualties.

The gun duel costs the French four more batteries, and the Germans two and an infantry (one not shown).

Around Coubarbe, the French lose one unit to artillery fire, then one to close combat, although they win in the second round.

4/2 Regiment must make a morale check – Pass!

The Bridge over Pont Kubrick will be open next turn!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Huh. That turn was rather less eventful than I expected. Clearly some kind of reorganization is going on in the east.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."

See, this is why we let artillery do the heavy lifting.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 11, 2015

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well then, that was not the disaster I was predicting. I'll get orders up soon. Right now our biggest problem is getting sight on the French so our artillery can do work :getin:

I genuinely thought the French would press their advantage. They're gonna hit themselves for their inaction this turn when they eventually learn just how vulnerable we were in many places.

I also need to play with the range markers, since we need to make sure our artillery line is in just the right spot.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Conditional Orders incoming.

8 Div Orers turn 7 or whatever it is now

10.5s, get your lazy butt to that road. Rightmost infantry, march SE along the riverbank for half an hour for recon. Then march north to the E-W road.

Goldfrapp move a bit north, let the 7/7s on the hillside.

If the bridge at Mureau survives next turn, maintain overwatch. Engineers, do it again, stupids!
Everyone else, make fun of the engineers for not being able to blow up explosives!

If the engineers roll a pow on the bridge

Cheer!

Engineers, march north to the intersection, then advance west to 7 Div's command unit.
Highlighted Rouge Squadron infantry - Hold. Maybe move the un-trenched infantry north behind the trenches.

Highlighted Marooners - follow the Engineers!

All other infantry - once the engineers have left the bridge rubble, march to the orange square behind 7 Div's lines.
All artillery - roll north, and assemble behind 7div's infantry. Feel free to poke them in the back, intimidate them, talk about test firing etc. We will await orders from command before moving to secure Schrodinger or whatever other task command puts us to.

Goldfrapp - you guys get to march into the un-named new forest that sprung up to the north. Establish scouting to the North and West from the forest. we'd like at least SOME warning if we're being flanked!
Rouge Squadron unit #2 - you know what. You guys go establish south observing positions from Howitzer Forest.

8 Div is to attack defensively to achieve these moves if the bridge falls over.

French response plan -

Should the french realise we're NOT attacking, and attack themselves, ensure Trench and Engineer screen force are maintained. Hold guns at/near the road and pound their croissants into dust!

drat. now I'm wondering if they've pulled the Glacessui defence corp. It's ALMOST tempting to put some men across the river if the engineers fluff it the first time over.

too bad!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 11, 2015

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

From the Desk of JosefStalinator

The French are filthy cowards. They have not enough attacked when we are at our weakest. We will make them pay for their mistakes.

Remember that as always these are broad suggestions. I don't know the exact regimental/divisional breakdown so you may come up with more optimal configurations (and you guys usually do)

Full Map

Refer below to your particular area:

I and III. Korps

Your objectives are pretty obvious. The French have allowed you to get into an excellent and minimally risky position. Advance along the Chemains while moving up your artillery to provide support and keep our boys on the Chemains safe from southern artillery.

Black: These guys are in position already. If you can, have these units go into defensive mode for at least one turn to get a shot off on those guns we have vision on. It will protect our other artillery and units moving forward, and really hurt the enemy.

Red: Move your artillery up to the following positions. These should allow us to maintain our gradual offensive, just make sure to move your infantry so as not to block them. Deploy to the red rectangles now and see if we can't pound them a bit before moving up more.
Blue: Continue to advance along the Chemains. Get eyes on the enemy if you can, but with reinforcements both behind you and coming from the north don't be afraid to be aggressive. Just don't leave the Chemains for now, and if you hit a particularly big wall of French troops or artillery out west it may be wise to hold up in one of those forests or atop the heights.

Yellow: Move up with the blue group and fill the gaps left by their advance/death. You need to do this to keep our positions viable.

Green: These guys are a good reserve for our artillery. Form them up behind the artillery but feel free to allocate some to the Chemains if you think it would be better. They might also be the vanguard to a fourmillire assault in the future, so get them as close to the eastern edge of the hills if you want them to be used for that.

Teal: Finish that bridge and get across, just be prepared to retreat if the French get reinforcements or something.

II. and V. Korps

You guys are in a better position now, but there's still some chance of things going very badly. Your positioning here (and the French response) will be crucial. Remember that there are likely many French massing on the Westernmost part of the Chemains, we just don't have vision on them due to the forest/height.

Black: These men deserve a loving medal. How did they survive that? I think with reinforcements so nearby, these men should go into defensive mode and form up to bear the brunt of the Coubarbe assault. Crossing the river will only clog it up even more, and moving East will only block more artillery. Hunker down, form up, and prepare yourselves.

Yellow: I think these guys are mostly fine where they are. Enter defensive mode, and only move some guns that are blocking each other. maybe consider moving some near the bridge to make room for the advancing V korps

Red: These guys are blocked now, and will block reinforcements. Form up facing Coubarbe/the Chemains and prepare to hit the French if they come down the hill.

Teal: I say go defensive one turn to hit the enemy, then move up the second turn to get a line started on the Chemain. Your call, but there may be many French to tear up limbered artillery if you're not careful.

Orange: this is mostly 10th division. You're already at the bridge? Awesome, start crossing Broulard.

Green: this is the bulk of 9th division, get your butts down to Coubarbe!

Dark Blue: These guys might do well moving up to the edge of the forest and setting up some artillery along the river. May want to borrow another regiment of the Green group too. I kind of want eyes on the river there just in case the French are being sneaky and building bridges without our knowledge, but either way it gives us a flanking artillery shot on their Coubarbe men, vision on what's out there, and maybe get us some shots on them if they try to retreat.

IV Korps

This is mostly fine, but I'm increasingly worried that the enemy has crossed Viarge, and what if they actually snuck around to the North of you already? We might have missed it if they did it just right, and they could be above us at Foret de Coubarbes by now. Not that there's THAT much we could do, but it would be good to know sooner rather than later.

Black: These guys are blocking the way, and should move. I'd err on the side of caution and move toward Viarge. You may even want to send a few to the top of the hill to make sure there's no enemies hiding up there.

Blue: Pending the destruction of Mureau, I'd move these guys to face Schrodinger/Viarge. The enemy can't cross Mureau and will need to come around further west if they flank.

Red: Again, pending Mureau's destruction, I'd move these guys to face West.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Dear Jean/Tommy/Fritz,

We of the Dutch Observers Corps would like to congratulate you on your recent action at Bois de Loin/Mange-Pomme/Chemin des Putains/Coubarbe/________. It was truly a masterful offensive/brilliant defense/stroke of bloody luck. We are sure that if you continue as you have begun, you will be in Paris/Berlin by Christmas. This is of course entirely acceptable and pleasing to the Dutch people, whom we would like to remind you are strictly neutral and not in any way involved in the war whatsoever.

In order to properly celebrate your impending triumph, our finest bakers have been preparing a cake in the shape of a tricolor/Prussian eagle/British lion. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances the cake will not be ready until tomorrow. As we are certain that you will still be holding the field by then, we trust that this will present no difficulty, and hope that you will pass on a delicious slice to the Kaiser/the President/His Royal Highness.

Please accept our condolences for the one thousand/five thousand/ten thousand/fifty thousand/hundred thousand/Jesus loving Christ lives that you have lost in this battle. Though painful, we are sure that their sacrifice will ensure a better future for your noble country.

With that, we bid you toodle-loo/au revoir/auf wiedersehen, and wish you the very best of luck.

Please do not attack us.

Love,

The Dutch Observer Corps

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
Okay, are we sending the reinforcement Korps west to handle the Brits/French Colonials or are we going to be plunging them into the middle?

1st Korps Orders
Well gentlemen, it seems we've finally figured out how to use our artillery. If we keep this up we might still be able to take some ground.
Korps Command wil move south of the sombre and establish itself in the woods North West of Mange-Pomme

1st Division- I honestly have no idea if y'all still have any infantry or if you've been completely reduced to guns. Either way, I do not believe you are capable of maintaining offensive action. Begin moving around the ridge towards 2nd's gunline at Cheri Farm, you will be taking their place to free up 2nd to maneuver over point Kubrik
2nd Division- I see a tightly grouped mass of frogs waiting to play my favorite game. Have your artillery hold position, and if possible move your infantry west along Chemin Des Putains or south-west along the road by La Fourmiliere. But Do Not Block The Gun's Lines Of Sight

warhammer651 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 11, 2015

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011
From the desk of Generalleutnant Hyord,
X. Division "Die Wacht am Sombre"
V. Korps

Divisional assets will cross the Sombre at Pont de Broulard and form up across the river according to the map provided. I request that all surviving assets of II. Korps left in the way of my positioning politely get the gently caress out of the way.

With regards,
Generalleutnant Hyord

Edit: If it wasn't painfully obvious, I did this all in paint. Why are my cavalry assets green? Why is my divisional command grey? Why are my engineers red? Why is everything barely legible? Because.

Hyord fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 11, 2015

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

warhammer651 posted:

Okay, are we sending the reinforcement Korps west to handle the Brits/French Colonials or are we going to be plunging them into the middle?

1st Korps Orders
Well gentlemen, it seems we've finally figured out how to use our artillery. If we keep this up we might still be able to take some ground.

1st Division- I honestly have no idea if y'all still have any infantry or if you've been completely reduced to guns. Either way, I do not believe you are capable of maintaining offensive action. Hold Your Current Position
2nd Division- I see a tightly grouped mass of frogs waiting to play my favorite game. Have your artillery hold position, and if possible move your infantry west along Chemin Des Putains or south-west along the road by La Fourmiliere. But Do Not Block The Gun's Lines Of Sight

Considering a certain bridge will be opening up, maybe we should consider having my guns fire for this turn but in the next have 1st divisions guns replace mine and have my troops cross the brtidge with my guns.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
III Korps

Well, Joseph's map shows you the only thing that matters - how far to move to get your artillery within range of the next line of defenses. Keep up the good work, and inch your way towards victory.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Both I. and III. Korps HQs are still north of the Sombre. Any advance across the Paisne is going to quickly run into command range issues. I think it's a bad idea to send a division across Kubrick unless the rest of its parent corps is nearby- putting 1. Division on the Chemin and sending 2. Division south on its own is going to result in each division being unable to move effectively. We need the corps to operate as a team.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Considering a certain bridge will be opening up, maybe we should consider having my guns fire for this turn but in the next have 1st divisions guns replace mine and have my troops cross the brtidge with my guns.

I'm not sure 1st division will be able to make it there in one turn, and since that's the biggest concentration of frogs we can see we need guns to be pounding them as much as possible. I'll amend the orders to start moving them towards your position, since 1 div has nothing to shoot at as yet, but it may take a while.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dublish posted:

Both I. and III. Korps HQs are still north of the Sombre. Any advance across the Paisne is going to quickly run into command range issues. I think it's a bad idea to send a division across Kubrick unless the rest of its parent corps is nearby- putting 1. Division on the Chemin and sending 2. Division south on its own is going to result in each division being unable to move effectively. We need the corps to operate as a team.

I don't intend to send a single company over the Paisne as long as there are French units knocking about. Anyway, I ordered my HQ to be moved to Mange Pomme ages ago, so I'l just reissue it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
III KORPS HQ ORDERS
Please place my HQ in Mange Pomme.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
III DIV II KORPS

DEFEND, NOT ONE STEP BACKWARDS

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlElpqUewuM

ORDERS V Korp. IX Division

9 Division 1st regiment(red), 2nd regiment(blue), 4th regiment(green)

If the bridge is clear, advance as fast you can to the bridge at Thesarus and cross

Otherwise move to the bridge and be ready to cross in order of regiments

9 Division 3rd regiment (black)

Advance into the foret de krytonne, observe across the river with cavalry and halt the artillery and infantry along the cover of the forest cavalry on the left wing, artillery in the center and infantry on the right fire if able to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Grey Hunter: It looks like V. Korps is missing a Jδger battalion and an engineer company. Is V. Korps supposed to be short those units?

JosefStalinator: Since Grey is going with corps commanders' orders in the absence of division commanders rather than with yours, I think we might be better served if you gave orders to each of your various corps instead of to arbitrary groups of units on the map.

Also, if you're worried that there are already Allied units north of the Sombre, is forcing half of V. Korps south of the river the best option at this point? I agree that one of the divisions should help at Thesaurus.

• Locked thread