Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Has Meltzer ever deliberately held back reporting something so that he doesn't spoil a surprise?

I have no way to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that if his sources give him news but ask him to hold off on reporting it, he does so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
can we please stop giving any attention to Vince Russo

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

EugeneJ posted:

Has Meltzer ever deliberately held back reporting something so that he doesn't spoil a surprise?

He was pretty coy about telling Dixie that DestAm was going to use their September clause, he tweeted something like "Someone owes me big time this week" without saying what he did until an Observer a little while after that. That's kind of a light example, though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He's not going to blab about something if it's a legal issue.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's not going to blab about something if it's a legal issue.

Also if it involves someone he is friendly with or who is a source. I'm pretty sure he's on good terms with Jarrett so he wouldn't want to burn a bridge.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm gonna watch tna tonight if it's their last live show and also sandwiched between a sick episode of ROH

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

tonights ROH episode is very good.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I actually looked at TNA's roster page. Here are all the male wrestlers listed going into all these tapings/the PPV:

People they're actually promoting to be on Impact/Slammiversary:
Austin Aries: Wrestling the Wolves tonight and at the PPV
Bobby Roode: Wrestling the Wolves tonight and at the PPV
Bram: Calling out old jobbers as a gimmick, will apparently do so tonight
Chris Melendez: Getting called out tonight by Eric Young
Davey Richards: Might not be in Mexico after all this weekend, feuding with the Dirty Heels
Eddie Edwards: Never thought to be in Mexico, feuding with the Dirty Heels
Eric Young: Called out Chris Melendez for tonight's show on Twitter I guess?
Ethan Carter III: Feuding with Kurt Angle
Grado: Not on the roster page, but is wrestling tonight
James Storm: A borderline criminal, wrestling Magnus on Sunday
Jessie Godderz: Wrestling his ex-partner Robbie E on Sunday
Kurt Angle: Feuding with EC3
Lashley: Will either be in the main event on Sunday, or in Mexico
Low Ki: Wrestling in a three-way for the vacated X-Divison title tonight
Magnus: A borderline widower, wrestling Storm this Sunday
Robbie E.: Wrestling his ex-partner Jesse Godderz on Sunday
Tigre Uno: Wrestling in a three-way for the vacated X-Divison title tonight

People it's reasonable to assume will be around
Abyss: Presumably still part of The Revolution, last seen jobbing to Bram as Joseph Park
Crazzy Steve: Still crazzying it up, presumably
DJ Z: Still signed, seems to have nearly had his ear ripped off this weekend at a an indie show in a bowling alley
Drew Galloway: His stable just debuted and beat the big evil stable last month, so presumably he's still around?
Eli Drake: Member of the Rising
Kenny King: Member of the Beat Down Clan
Khoya: Still part of the Revolution, assuming it is still a thing
Mandrews: Had to look up who this was, he's still got TNA all over his Twitter but is also promoting the streaming House of Hardcore show that is running at the same time as TNA on his Twitter. Has literally never won a match on television.
Manik: Member of the Revolution?
Matt Hardy: His baby was born yesterday, but he's said he'll be at the taping
Micah: Had to look this guy up too, member of The Rising
Mr. Anderson: No idea what he's up to, but he tweeted he's on his way to Orlando
MVP: Ditto
Rockstar Spud: I have no idea what his angle is now that the guy he was feuding with has a serious main event match coming up
Tyrus: Still EC3's bodyguard I guess?

When you type it all out like that, it's enough people to fill a show. I don't know how they're going to fill like ten shows though.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

it's gonna end up being Grado vs Serg for the old-colored X-Division belt at the PPV

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

When you type it all out like that, it's enough people to fill a show. I don't know how they're going to fill like ten shows though.

Well there'll probably be at least two women's matches/programs as well. Kong/Brooke vs the three members of the Dollhouse is on the PPV and probably Velvet vs Angelina or maybe Madison too. I assume Gail Kim will be somewhere on those tapings if not the PPV. I think Mickie is off either Slammy or the tapings for another appearance but possibly not both.

e: this is kind of a neat thing on DA's part, but bringing TNA wrestlers to your town isn't so much a prize as it is a punishment.

quote:

Waveland, a town considered ground zero when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast 10 years ago this August, will celebrate their remarkable recovery with its first Fourth of July fireworks display in a decade. Waveland and neighboring communities will come together for RED, WHITE AND YOU to kick off the 10th anniversary with an event that not only honors Waveland’s journey to rebuild, but pays tribute to the entire Gulf Coast region’s tenacious spirit. Memorable Independence Day festivities will range from carnival activities to local entertainment. In addition, Destination America will present a donation to the Where Angels Play Foundation to help fund the construction of a playground in Waveland dedicated to members of the Bane family who lost their lives during Katrina.

Oroville, nicknamed the City of Gold for its prominence during the California Gold Rush, will restore its tradition of fireworks at the nearby Oroville Dam – the tallest in the country at 770 feet high and the leading water source for the entire state of California – after drought and economic challenges have left the dam dark on Independence Day in recent years. The party will commence with family activities and local entertainment, followed by a spectacular fireworks show from a barge on Lake Oroville as residents watch from atop the Oroville Dam. Destination America will also partner with the Feather River Nature Center, a beloved nature park in Oroville, on Saturday, June 27 from 9am-1pm to organize a community cleanup of the park and offer a donation that will ensure a family-friendly place for locals visit.

Making a special appearance in both towns will be wrestlers from TNA’s IMPACT WRESTLING, which airs on Destination America Wednesday nights at 9/8c. America’s favorite wrestlers will meet-n-greet with fans, bringing together the patriotic pastimes of Independence Day and in-your-face wrestling entertainment.

IMPACT emcee Josh Mathews will host the festivities in Oroville, joined by wrestlers Ethan Carter III and Madison Rayne. In Waveland, Jeremy Borash will take his emceeing duties from the ring to the beach with wrestlers James Storm and Chris Melendez – an Army veteran for whom Independence Day has personal meaning – and Taryn Terrell, a wrestler from New Orleans with her own story of being impacted by Hurricane Katrina.

Destination America partnered with national multi-platform media outlet USA TODAY for the third-annual RED, WHITE AND YOU contest, awarding two deserving communities a one-of-a-kind Fourth of July celebration. The nationwide contest, which garnered more than 2,600 entries, asked Americans to put their patriotism on display and share moving stories of why their respective towns deserve an all-American Independence Day celebration.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 24, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA wrestlers are texting people that Jarrett is booked on the show. Jeff isn't at the building yet though.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
we only need jeff jarrett

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I might go to Slammiversary again if I get to see Jeff Jarrett

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Promoter of the year

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I might go to Slammiversary again if I get to see Jeff Jarrett

Oh sure, one King of the Mountain isn't enough, you need two!

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How hard will you mark out when JJ brings the Force and the show goes off the air with Kurt Angle in the Masterlock

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Look at the adjective, slapnuts: war

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I have no idea how this benefits either party but if TNA want to go all out stupid for the last tapings instead of being dull but somewhat competent I'm happy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's gonna be double j for the hall of fame and the company won't exist by the time he's to be inducted

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This whole GFW thing was just the long con to try and get people to willingly work in TNA again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to laugh so hard when they poo poo all over everything they've built with Angle-Carter to throw Jarrett in and give him the belt.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
jeff is a certified dumbass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malikov posted:

jeff is a certified dumbass

Maybe the original plan was to buy TNA for the timeslot, Jeff realized it was doomed and decided to do an appearence instead.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope it's nothing more than Jarrett accepting the HOF induction in a GFW shirt, and his whole speech is 'watch this instead'.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
There is zero way Double J makes an appearance without promoting GFW heavily, and I fully expect other GFW talents to show up (so Chris Masters and oh jesus who else do th PJ Black)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hope it's nothing more than Jarrett accepting the HOF induction in a GFW shirt, and his whole speech is 'watch this instead'.

An on-air re-creation of the AJ Styles TNAsylum Award picture, with Jarrett in a GFW hat. The same expression on his face.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that Waveland thing is the first thing DA has partnered with TNA on since the cancellation story broke yeah?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert posted:

TNA wrestlers are texting people that Jarrett is booked on the show. Jeff isn't at the building yet though.

hey captainyesterday i think more people are gonna post in your thread tonight!!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I can't wait to hear Double J's great TNA theme again

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
if any of you are going please start a G-F-Dub chant when he comes out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Jarrettmania's runnin' wild, brother!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

corn in the bible posted:

Jarrettmania's runnin' wild, slapnuts!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The smart money seems to be on a ownership flip of some kind with a name change. With the promotion's currrent future secured on Destination America.

Advertisers will tick the advertise with GFW box over Tits N rear end Wrestling box.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jeff Jarrett actually has me interested in something TNA related

He's pretty good at this promotion thing

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

rovert posted:

The smart money seems to be on a ownership flip of some kind with a name change. With the promotion's currrent future secured on Destination America.

Advertisers will tick the advertise with GFW box over Tits N rear end Wrestling box.

be interesting to see what happens with njpw

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is Impact actually live/semi-live tonight or something?I know usually it's taped way in advance like ROH is.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Looking forward to seeing the state of GFWMecca after the show is cancelled again in a year.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Jeff Jarrett actually has me interested in something TNA related

He's pretty good at this promotion thing

sorry about your broken brain

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Is there any way to watch DA over the Internet (legally)? I use the USA Now app or their website to watch Raw. Does DA have something similar?

If so, this could be the first time I have watched TNA since the Sting/Jeff Hardy botch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Can someone remind me what the hell is happening with TNA right now? I'm so confused.

• Locked thread