Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KayTee posted:

I only remember that specifically because Razorfist's name made me lol. It made me double lol when he turned out to be exactly the kind of guy, in appearance and manner, who would call themself 'Razorfist' and expect to be taken seriously.

If I was every trying to do a douchebag persona online as some youtube ranter rear end in a top hat I doubt I could do it as well in jest as xRazorfistx does genuinely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Man, I haven't thought about Asalieri in years. What's he up to these days?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Benne posted:

Being fat and angry about the AVGN getting money for his movie still.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I know he's done a bunch of GG-related stuff recently (quelle surprise, he's a Gater) but it's mostly all quiet on the drama front since he had a run in with Encyclopedia Dramatica in which he got doxxed and pranked with a load of people coming to his house one day (don't like the guy but his doxxing is still poo poo). Other than that, much the same thing - still does RAR's on the most minor vids he can find even though he's not exactly a master at making vids himself, still buddies around with folks like Razorfist and IrateGamer or occasionally the likes of AlphaOmegaSin (in that he appeared on his podcast like, once ages ago). Same ol same ol'.

We should probably stop talking about him though or at least censor his name because lord knows the dude self searches and you only have to mention his name so much before he arrives and leaves poo poo everywhere.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/rap-critic/specials/45350-top-6-best-insane-clown-posse-songs

Turn left Rap Critic noooooooooo

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Oh my god they just keep getting better. :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Irate Gamer is still around? :psyduck:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ICP? No. Nonono gently caress that poo poo you can't make me click that. I can hear the verbal poo poo emanating from that link. No one should be forced to listen to ICP.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://chezapocalypse.com/episodes/pumpktoberfest-10-goodpumpkins/
Awwww Paw holding the baby :3:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Rap Critic continues to have an aggravatingly horrible taste in music.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see that Mikej did a Shameful Sequel review of Hellraiser 4. Which does not make sense because it is not shameful and is in fact cool as heck. :colbert:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HorseRenoir posted:

Rap Critic continues to have an aggravatingly horrible taste in music.

Sometimes motherfucking magic happens.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Are there any decent reviewers who do found-footage film stuff well? I love those things and would love to see someone who also appreciates them talk about them with passion.

EDIT: And if there isn't I'll make my own gently caress youuuuuu

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Hbomberguy, I can't believe that Sarkeesian Effect video you made has more views than the video you were parodying.

Well done sir

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Benne posted:

Still making videos. He's "retired" his Irate Gamer show, though. Now it seems to be mostly Skylanders and ghost hunting stuff.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Theres a new Errant Signal. THis month: Alien Isolation http://www.errantsignal.com/blog/?p=711

Meh, I didn't find it that interesting. Maybe because I don't really care that much about the Alien Franchise. Honestly I'm shocked anyone cares about Alien video games after Colonial Marines.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hbomberguy posted:

Are there any decent reviewers who do found-footage film stuff well? I love those things and would love to see someone who also appreciates them talk about them with passion.

EDIT: And if there isn't I'll make my own gently caress youuuuuu

I said it before but if I had a camera of any decent quality I'd make an entire series on every found footage film I could because I loving ADORE found footage. I've even made a list of films in my head I'd do and in what order.

For fun it was:
1. Looking at the deeper themes of V/H/S
2. Same as above but with V/H/S 2
3. Grave Encounters
4. Alien Abduction at Lake County
5. Evidence

I'd be more than willing to discuss ideas with you if you're making your own videos but whatever. :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigRed0427 posted:

Honestly I'm shocked anyone cares about Alien video games after Colonial Marines.

Sort of the whole point of Isolation was that it was going to do the Alien franchise properly in a video game and it more or less worked. I was pretty burned by Colonial Marines and suspicious of Isolation but their whole mission statement was basically to apologize for how poo poo Alien games and the franchise has been in general as of late.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 30, 2014

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

For fun it was:
1. Looking at the deeper themes of V/H/S

I'd be more than willing to discuss ideas with you if you're making your own videos but whatever. :v:
Holy cow, yes!
I saw V/H/S yesterday and I had to lie down near the climax of the first short. Everything about it unsettled and freaked me out, and when the actual bad poo poo started happening it somehow felt real. Movie violence doesn't normally faze me but I was completely freaked out. The actual monster-movie ending was a release. I love it. I mean there are so many cool things to talk about in found-footage in general as a thing, and VHS is like a dinner platter of some of its best stuff. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that film

Yaws posted:

Hbomberguy, I can't believe that Sarkeesian Effect video you made has more views than the video you were parodying.
Exactly the right people on tumblr shared it. It's nice knowing that folks appreciated my dumb comedy antics - but it's a nice extra bonus that skull jokes are going to haunt that documentary for ever. Also: When MovieBob linked to it and Aurini threatened to try to get him fired. There were times when I wondered if I was being too blunt about my jokes, but then I get this perfect verification that they're not worth thinking about. I talk all the time in this thread about the stuff I'm working on, and I feel really encouraged knowing that there might just be folks out there who'll like it. Thanks friends.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hbomberguy posted:

Holy cow, yes!
I saw V/H/S yesterday and I had to lie down near the climax of the first short. Everything about it unsettled and freaked me out, and when the actual bad poo poo started happening it somehow felt real. Movie violence doesn't normally faze me but I was completely freaked out. The actual monster-movie ending was a release. I love it. I mean there are so many cool things to talk about in found-footage in general as a thing, and VHS is like a dinner platter of some of its best stuff. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that film

V/H/S is fascinating as a film that tries to treat found footage as the experimental style it's meant to be. By using the camera in innovative ways, such as in the first short having it in the glasses, the film tries to push past the common "DROP THE loving CAMERA" joke. The first short is undoubtedly the best but the whole movie is amazing in terms of what it tries to do. I feel like the whole film is a discussion on female roles in horror films, with each one attempted to deconstruct a role in horror that a woman has inhabited.

1. Amateur Night is a revenge movie, except with monsters who slaughter the men quickly
2. Second Honeymoon is a long opening kill couple together until we find the man is actually murdered by his lover, therefore inverting our expectations and turning it into a Thelma and Louise style getaway
3. Tuesday the 17th is a story about an evil final girl
4. The Sick Thing is a Rosemary's baby style film wherein the woman is the incubator for an evil force out of her control.
5. The final story is a story of men saving the helpless woman who end up just getting hosed over because OOPS the girl WAS a demon/ghost.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see that Mikej did a Shameful Sequel review of Hellraiser 4. Which does not make sense because it is not shameful and is in fact cool as heck. :colbert:

He did one of three as well, which it can be argued was a pretty weak entry.

And for 4 he mostly talks about how much of the plot is a bit contrived, but of course Pinhead's still really entertaining.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Benne posted:

Oh anti-Anita Sarkeesian/Anti-Feminist stuff. About what you'd expect from someone like him.

Benne posted:

He actually did a video recently explaing the whole AVGN v. Irate Gamer thing. Obviously he portrays James as an rear end and himself as a blameless saint but it was nice seeing him as an actual person. I used to watch his videos out of morbid curiosity and you just never got a sense of what the guy was actually like. He was like a robot. A charmless mush-mouthed robot.

Yaws fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 30, 2014

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Yaws posted:

Oh anti-Anita Sarkeesian/Anti-Feminist stuff. About what you'd expect from someone like him.

The fact he's anti-women is about as shocking to me as when I found out I can't make clever comparisons.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Anita's going to be on The Colbert Report tonight!

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/527601124992638976

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

RLM streams scary games

Mike is there making fun of how dumb horror games are because they all look the same. It's fantastic.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I used to watch Irate Gamer videos. He kinda worked as an inadvertent parody of internet reviewers.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jimbot posted:

RLM streams scary games

Mike is there making fun of how dumb horror games are because they all look the same. It's fantastic.

Mike's utter disgust for video games every time he's there is magical :allears:

Also I could watch Jack and Rich play FTL until the end of time. Mostly because I love the game but am absolutely goddamn terrible at it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

Anita's going to be on The Colbert Report tonight!

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/527601124992638976

AHHHH! I gotta stay up and watch tonight. I don't need sleep, a monkey can deliver the mail!

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

What is it with Mike's utter hatred of video games? Have they gone into that at all in the streams?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Hbomberguy posted:

What is it with Mike's utter hatred of video games? Have they gone into that at all in the streams?

Evidently he's a workaholic and thinks they're a waste of time.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hbomberguy posted:

I belive in the past they've said he's a workaholic and perfectionist with his video work and doesn't really have any other hobbies. He doesn't see the point in doing anything else like gaming himself.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

It's fine that he hates video games because the perspective on games from someone who doesn't play them is always funny to me.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Speaking of video games: Anita wrote something for the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/29/opinion/anita-sarkeesian-on-video-games-great-future.html?_r=0

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Short version:
"Video games are cool and you should play them, though sometimes they're sexist and the communities can be terrible and exclusionary."

Time for an internet shitfit!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jsor posted:

Short version:
"Video games are cool and you should play them, though sometimes they're sexist and the communities can be terrible and exclusionary."

Time for an internet shitfit!

Well the good news about that is death threats at the NYT just reminds people it's taco day in the cafe.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I used to watch Irate Gamer videos. He kinda worked as an inadvertent parody of internet reviewers.

Irate Gamer was fascinating in that bizarre, "is this guy for real or are we getting played" way. Out of all the Angry Game Reviewers that sprung up around that time, he was probably the least convincing at actually sounding angry.

Benne fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 30, 2014

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

My favourite game reviewer / parody will always be the Game gently caress loving gently caress loving gently caress Fucker. Specifically, this one is my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLaDnMl4rI

Everything about it is wonderful. It's an eclectic mix of actual lines from real reviewers, slowly twisted until it becomes an impossible mess. In true late-noughties YouTube Angry Reviewer fashion, he had a fake meltdown and deleted all his videos in a blaze of glory, and now only reuploads remain.

"this game is interrupted by gameplay!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/RolloT/status/527654487285305344

Rollo T got his funds for a new computer/computer parts :unsmith:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

kdrudy posted:

I belive in the past they've said he's a workaholic and perfectionist with his video work and doesn't really have any other hobbies.

Somehow this is the least surprising thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Red Letter Media is doing a Halloween stream, and they got Jay to play Outlast.

"I'm liking this. It's like I'm living in a horror movie."

Jay is adorable. I honestly love that they have a grownup dude whose great at criticism and has a breadth of film knowledge, who is also completely clueless about video games. :allears:

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 30, 2014

• Locked thread