Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Kaytwo posted:

Sons of anarchy is the best fx ever had wtf??!!1

I actually haven't watched Sons of Anarchy yet but it does look pretty awesome.

|Ziggy| posted:

The League? Archer?

Archer is pretty good but I didn't care much for Archer Vice, and I just don't find The League funny which is weird because it has one of the best casts I've seen in a comedy show in a long time.

Seriously though, Fargo is a really really good show, and it's only 10 episodes (unless they decide to make another season which would be terrible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mash posted:

Seriously though, Fargo is a really really good show, and it's only 10 episodes (unless they decide to make another season which would be terrible).

they are making another season. It could be good but still won't top Justified and prolly won't top the first season.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
yeah fargo loving owned

edit: the texting sequences make me really mad for some reason

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 19, 2014

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Xaris posted:

they are making another season. It could be good but still won't top Justified and prolly won't top the first season.

They'll probably want to make a third season if the ratings are still good, even though the premise will be tired out by then. Maybe they can call the third season Fargo Vice and set it in Miami. They could even save money by just re-cutting Dexter episodes.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I had just finished watching 'the killing', so switching to the comic book color/lighting of the strain made it seem like some stupid gay poo poo for babbies and I did not enjoy it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Costello Jello posted:

They'll probably want to make a third season if the ratings are still good, even though the premise will be tired out by then. Maybe they can call the third season Fargo Vice and set it in Miami. They could even save money by just re-cutting Dexter episodes.

Fargo Vice actually would be pretty cool if it's anything like Miami Vice. Archer Vice was doomed from the getgo :colbert:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

justified is way better than both

justified is still running?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

buttcrackmenace posted:

next season is the last. probably a good time to end it. last season was pretty good but you can tell it's getting toward the end of it's life. I think they can go out with a Shield-like bang and it could be their best season yet.

vvvvv yeah. the only other show that I can think of that got better each season was Psych. Maybe Breaking Bad too though that started out awesome and stayed awesome.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 19, 2014

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

buttcrackmenace posted:

Watch it. I thought it would just be a dumb procedural show, but just better than average for being on FX, but the writing got better on it every year, which NEVER happens. It's really good.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
cool. I don't get FX here so I have to actively search out their shows.

Costello Jello posted:

Watch it. I thought it would just be a dumb procedural show, but just better than average for being on FX, but the writing got better on it every year, which NEVER happens. It's really good.

I know. I've seen up through season 3, but thought the series ended there so I stopped looking.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I checked out The Strain because I like Guillermo Del Toro (I'm a big fat dumb nerd baby), and despite really wanting a good vampire show that isn't all about sexuality everything about The Strain screams mediocre.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mind the walrus posted:

I checked out The Strain because I like Guillermo Del Toro (I'm a big fat dumb nerd baby), and despite really wanting a good vampire show that isn't all about sexuality everything about The Strain screams mediocre.

same. except I don't give a poo poo about vampires, I was just hoping for a good show.

strain is more like one of those 90s stephen king book->tv series except with a veneer of a higher budget and slightly (but not much) higher tiered casting

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I had just finished watching 'the killing', so switching to the comic book color/lighting of the strain made it seem like some stupid gay poo poo for babbies and I did not enjoy it

How is the newest season? I haven't started it yet but I'm pretty psyched.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
When does the killing get good? I tried to watch it last year but fell asleep during the second episode. Also as long as fx keeps airing american horror story, the strain is the least stupid thing on the channel.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

Is tyrant any good. The commercials make it look pretty good.

Hear it's terrible. But I guess you should check it out for yourself.

Louie's the best show I've watched on FX.

The Shield was ridiculous, but great.

Fargo was good, but had some really dumb stuff (Billy Bob Thornton being able to magically do everything up until the last episode, those two hired killers, some forced quirkiness).

I need to catch up on Justified.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kelfeftaf posted:

Hear it's terrible. But I guess you should check it out for yourself.

Louie's the best show.

Cool thanks. How was Louis' last season?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Kelfeftaf posted:

Louie's the best show I've watched on FX.

oh right, forgot about Louie. The first couple seasons were really good. But I think the last season was kinda bad personally. His past ones were awkward and sometimes humbling life skits, but they were usually hearthfelt and depressing/awkward-funny; and even though it's still similar it feels it's missing some element that made the other seasons good (and funny). I lost interest after about 5 eps and haven't really felt the urge to finish the rest :shrug:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 19, 2014

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Gaunab posted:

The Strain is a pretty good show. It's like they made a show about what would have been the interesting part of the walking dead. It starts off slow but it's building up to something it cool it seems like. I'll probably eating my words though.

I forgot that I DVRed it. Should prolly watch

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

agreed. Justified is so good and FX's best, Fargo is a very close second and sometimes better but it also has only had 1 season so far so next season could suck horribly.

I kinda liked the strain at first, but I gave it up around ep4 or 5. the writing/characters are stupidly bad. the predictable vagina started crying about killing PEOPLE and there has to be another way!!!; the custody thing is loving dumb because who cares about that poo poo in 2014; some gay mexican dude and his boring junkie brother and fat friend escapes; sean astin is a gay whiny beta pussy; and too much boring lovely written personal drama and forgettable+unlikable characters.

Waldo frey is about the only semi interesting character and that's because he only shows up for a couple seconds. just give me sword slashing zombie-worm people.

I was dissapointed in this past season of justified. Kind of glad this upcoming one is the last, as the death of Elmer kind of sapped the goodness from it

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fog Tripper posted:

I was dissapointed in this past season of justified....

spoiler that poo poo, yo

god-drat it

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

buttcrackmenace posted:

spoiler that poo poo, yo

god-drat it

what, that Arya killed Elmer?

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Arya's death in the fifth book was depressing.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I like The Americans :saddowns:

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
The Walking Dead is terrible. I watched two seasons before I gave up. Which is a shame, because the comics were really good.

The Strain owns. I like nazi vampires.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
is the strain about vampires or zombies?

all the google hits is vampires and vampires are kinda gay

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

It's about vampires that are full of worms and shoot a tube out of their mouth to bite people with

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
They're not technically vampires, more like a parasite that shares similar qualities and weaknesses as vampires. However all their weaknesses have scientific explanations and aren't just mystical handwaving. Like they can be killed by sunlight and silver because of the antibacterial properties of silver and UV rays. The hivemind is a little bit of mystical handwaving though.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
They're vampires with zombie intelligence, but they're led by full blown vampires.

Tyrant is a good show that has it's pacing ruined by commercials.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nuts and Gum posted:

if you liked the killing watch 'top of the lake', its like 7 episodes long and fuckin owns

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cuniculous posted:

The Walking Dead is terrible. I watched two seasons before I gave up. Which is a shame, because the comics were really good.

Careful. A lot of people hate the comic and I'm still not entirely sure why. It ain't that great but it's far from a waste of time.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Careful. A lot of people hate the comic and I'm still not entirely sure why.

Because they all have a hard on for Daryl Dixon (Or whatever the hillbilly with a cross bow is named) and are upset he isn't in the comic.

That's my guess anyway.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Daryl was the only good part of the show, 3 seasons ago. Anyone who "hates" the comics is the worst type of hipster goon bich

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I like em both :shrug:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Sorry I cant watch the strain because the commercials make it look so stupid I laugh.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

We've got ourselves a Dead Airplane...

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Screw both those bitch rear end shows, totally holding out for Z Nation here. Syfy shows = legit.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I like The Americans :saddowns:

The Americans was pretty good up until the last five minutes of the recent season finale. It's pretty obvious the next season is going to heavily focus on the daughter and it's likely going to suck poo poo.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Tane

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

is this chicks dad a retard or just foreign? and does it matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mash posted:

How is the newest season? I haven't started it yet but I'm pretty psyched.
The first ep really threw me off, seeing Lindon like that happy. I've only watched a few so I can't say, but I like the series overall.

BULBASAUR posted:

if you liked the killing watch 'top of the lake', its like 7 episodes long and fuckin owns
Thanks, I'll check this out!

• Locked thread