Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
loads of times when i was a kid. last was prob. when i was about 14 or 15? kid i fought had lived most of his life in an orphanage was a lot tougher than me, which i found out after he beat me up, crushed cheekbone and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
A few. These were all in different school systems in different cities.

The first was in fifth grade, some kid in another class and his friend, neither of whom I'd never seen before and both of whom I only saw once or twice afterwards, jumped me after school one day, The one kid threw me on the ground and put his foot on my throat. I never knew who he was or why he did that, but he made some vague threat about something. It's possible my mother was his substitute teacher at some point and he was mad at her.

In sixth grade, I got my face pounded by a kid on the bus ride home and neither the student bus monitors nor the bus driver did anything about it. After a few minutes of him punching me in the eyes and nose, I realized nobody was going to stop it, so I pushed him off into the aisle and then started slamming him into the emergency door with my shoulder until we reached my stop. Nobody but me was ever punished for that incident. (The Bus Driver reportedly said later that I deserved it. I would still dearly love to find and cripple that man today, even if he didn't say that, because how the gently caress do you let a fight go on for a ten minute bus ride without doing anything?). For some reason my mother flipped her poo poo and called in to work, then my father decided to find out where the kid lived and take me over there to look him in the face afterwards so that things would be settled "maturely". I'm not sure what the gently caress that was about other than that my father is a loving retard, and it didn't settle anything but did get me labeled a tattletale in school.

In ninth grade this one kid, who was in some special ed class even though he seemed fairly normal other than being a dick-hole, decided he was going to smash my lunch every day. My family wasn't doing so hot so every day, my lunch consisted of a half a peanut butter sandwich, a boiled egg, and the free milk carton. Every day I would sit down with my lunch and he would walk up behind me and start smashing it. I didn't really care because it didn't really hurt my lunch, I knew the kid was in special ed, and there were other more humiliating things going on than some retard smashing my lunch. One day though, after a few weeks of this, I was in a bad place for other reasons and he came up and smashed my lunch, so I screamed, jumped on his back and tried to claw out his throat. I was maybe 4'10" ~80 lbs at the time and my jumping on him didn't even stagger him, and my skinny fingers didn't even leave a mark on him. One of the Gym teachers walked in at that moment, saw us and immediately ran over to pull me off.

Later he challenged me to a fight in front of a bunch of other people and he said to meet him on the Tennis Courts after school. I rode the bus home and had no intention of waiting two or three hours for the activity bus, but the busses stopped at the junior high first and then went up the hill to the senior high, so I told the people I rode the bus with that I was going to the tennis courts. Instead I walked up the hill to the senior high, and got on my bus up there. When people asked I said "He wasn't there, so I came here instead". When he was confronted about not showing up for the fight at school the next day by a bunch of laughing ninth graders, he claimed that I chickened out. I repeated my lie, "I went to the Tennis Courts, but you weren't there so I went to catch my bus." He replied "Nuh-uh, my friend said you weren't there!". So I won in front of everybody and he never bothered me again.

Later in Ninth Grade, in a different school in a different state, I probably deserved this one, but there was this kid in my Spanish class who I used to laugh at for wearing Zubaz (among other things). He decided to get two of his friends and corner me after lunch while I was waiting for my first afternoon classroom to open. He was about my size, but his friends were both bigger. I spent the next few weeks trying to dodge them between classes and after school, but they would always catch me outside my history class (There was one teacher I know witnessed this every day and never said or did anything about it, but she also lied to my parents about how I was being disruptive and playing gameboy in the middle of class .. It was my friends' graphing calculator, and it was before the bell rang. I didn't even own a gameboy, so guess what my parents assumed)

One day, he caught me by himself and decided he was going to drag me into the bathroom to beat me up. He grabbed me by my collar and started dragging me into the bathroom. I saw at least three teachers in the hall at the time who didn't react at all, so as soon as he got me out of eye-shot of them, I quickly spun around and in one movement threw my bookbag across the hall, bouncing it against the lockers there, and grabbed him by the neck with one hand and pushed him up off his feet and into the wall. I drew the other hand back to punch him and saw the most terrified look in his eyes, so I let go and walked away. As I walked back into the hall, I could see the teachers trotting over to figure out why a bookbag had just been thrown into a locker, but I just picked it up, looked back at the kid like he'd done it, and walked off to my class without saying anything to anybody.

Later I was so pleased with myself that I stood up to him and was sure that I'd put an end to the harassment, I bragged to my mom about it and she yelled at me "how dare you" and "You go apologize to that boy".

The next day, he showed up with one of the two bigger kids and they actually followed me into my class room when I tried to walk away. I walked into the class room and said "I'm sorry I did that". He replied something like "You're gonna be sorry" and threw an eraser at me. For what it was worth though, the two bigger kids never hung around with him again after that.

That went into slow simmer, and I didn't have to deal with him again until a few years later, he'd found another bigger friend and tried to get him to help beat me up. It was kind of out of the blue, I was riding my bike down the street when some car tried to run me off the road and the occupants all gave me the finger as they drove by, I noticed that he was one of them. When he and his friend tried to run me down a second time a few days later, I went to the police station and filed a report and that finally put an end to it.

I had a few fights in the Army. In Basic training, there was some dispute in our platoon about who got selected to serve chow and the people serving chow were all pissed and so gave our platoon extra small portions. All of the people who got the small portions were pissed and ranting back and forth about flipping the servers' bunks. After about ten minutes of this, I said "Put up or shut up" and I flipped the first bunk. Later after the servers came back and found their bunks all flipped, some of the people who'd been poo poo talking about it in the first place started going off about "If it was me I'd own up to it". So eventually I did. The guy whose bunk I flipped was so pissed at me that he tried to charge me and when I stepped out of the way, he tripped and bounced his face off of a bench.

About a year later, my roommate was pissed at me for something we'd done in town the night before, and also he was hung over, so when we had to get up to go to the dining hall to serve breakfast, I woke him up and said was like "gently caress off", so I went and got ready and came back and he was still in bed to I woke him up again and he got really pissed and starts yelling at me. So as he's walking out of the room to go shower and shave, he says something about me not waking him up and I retorted in a "calm and collected" (read: smart-rear end) manner that I did, and he turned around to charge back into the room. I slammed the door on him (it bounced off), jumped away and grabbed him into a head-lock as he tried to bull-charge into me. He told me to let him go and I told him to calm down. Finally he was like "I am calm", so as I loosed my grip he punched me in the nose, so I punched him in the mouth and tightened my grip again until he really did calm down.

In Iraq I was in a few fights. In one case, we were doing a home invasion, two other soldiers were trying to cuff a guy in the hallway and he was fighting them, struggling and biting. At one point he bit both of them and drew blood, they got pissed and started punching him in the head, so I leapt in, kicked him in the gut to knock the wind out of him, then slammed him against the wall, put my foot in his chest and leaned against the opposite wall to pin him with my foot. Once they got one of his arms cuffed, I let go, grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him forward over my foot so they could get his other hand behind his body and cuff it. Eventually we got him cuffed and handed him off to another soldier who either threw him down a flight or stairs, or didn't hold on to him very well and he jumped down the flight of stairs. (I was already around the corner and into the next room when the fall down the stairs happened) Eventually I came back to find one of them treating the guy's face and found out that he was mentally retarded.

Once, in a some-what crowded market there, I spotted a shady looking guy trying to get around behind me. I was wearing Oakley wrap-arounds so he didn't know that I spotted him as he was trying to get closer, but I kept turning so he was just at the corner of my vision. I wasn't sure what he was up to, but I kept my eye on him until he got right next to me. He thrust his closed fist up next to me and I saw that he had a switch-blade knife in it. In under a second, I grabbed his wrist and pushed it away from my torso just as the blade snapped out, pulled him forward and off balance, drew my pistol and shoved it into his face. The expression in his eyes was the same terrified look as the kid I pinned to the wall in ninth grade.

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 18, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Fight started and ended when I got kicked in the balls.

I'm not sure if that's considering losing or winning due to disqualification from breaking the code.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Renegret posted:

Fight started and ended when I got kicked in the balls.

I'm not sure if that's considering losing or winning due to disqualification from breaking the code.

you lost if you even think there's a code

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A (drunk) weirdo and his friends tried to kiss me in a park. I got a couple of punches then he beat the poo poo out of me. Better than getting kissed I guess, although I still have enough floaters in my left eye to stop me using a microscope.

I'm a guy btw.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i was very high on lots of drugs smoking a cigarette and i spat. a dude walked by and said "watch where you're loving spitting." i beat him really violently then went back in ym apartment. I woke up the next morning and decided to move.

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr
Picking on the only kid in school lower on the social ladder than I was, who had almost been my friend, he goes into a rage and picks up a chair and starts swinging it at me. I picked up a chair to block his attacks for about 15 seconds before he gets pulled to the ground by some other kids.

He's in prison for rape now and I feel guilty because if I had been nicer to him (or rather, not a totally fuckwad toward him) his mental state and life probably wouldn't have turned into such a pile of poo poo that led to that choice.

Moosechees fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 18, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Moosechees posted:

He's in prison for rape now and I feel guilty because if I had been nicer to him his mental state and life probably wouldn't have turned into such a pile of poo poo that led to that choice.

i wasnt' a bully, but there was this one kid in my grammar school who had next to no friends and was bullied pretty severely i guess? well one time i just threw some of the usual bully insults to him b/c he'd done something to annoy me, and he completely flipped out & kicked a sink off the wall. water was gushing everywhere and this guy was just standing there looking like he'd seen a ghost.

b/c of that incident, he got sent to another school, to a class for special (read: antisocial) kids. haven't seen him since.

Farmidillo
Feb 11, 2006
A hobo just right now assaulted me outside my hotel in Paris, weakest punch to the back of the head ever.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

I like how Brits act all shocked abour american gun violence but then all have stories of that one time they got their poo poo kicked in by random people in the street.

well i didnt die or end up with a 150k hospital bill, i got kicked about for being a gobby little shite.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Got in a fight at a concert once and came disturbingly (every once in awhile I'll have a mild nightmare about it) close to completely gouging out some jerk's eyeball.

When you're 5'5', you have to fight dirty. Seems to me that the best way to end a fight is to inflict as much pain and shock as quickly as possible, and if they're drunk or high, you have to compensate for that, too. This means going unashamedly for genitals, eyes, throat, ears... if you're willing to risk your own fingers, doing a thing called fishhooking is one of the best ways I've seen to quickly get a fight under your control (you get your fingers inside their cheek, and start pulling toward their ear, very hard).

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 18, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

opus111 posted:

well i didnt die or end up with a 150k hospital bill, i got kicked about for being a gobby little shite.

all the stories of people being "randomly" attacked are bollocks too

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

I was randomly attacked, unless you think walking past someone is provocation

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Cumslut1895 posted:

I was randomly attacked, unless you think walking past someone is provocation

were you wearing something provocative

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dyna Soar posted:

you lost if you even think there's a code

kicks u in balls

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

were you wearing something provocative

Running shorts and a T-shirt. Maybe he was just deeply in the closet.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Straight SOCMOB'ing it

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 18, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

opus111 posted:

what a shame

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When I was really young another kid got in my face and then punched me in the face. I punched him in the gut and he keeled over and started crying while I just stood there. I didn't feel bad, I felt like I won that exchange :colbert:

Once when I was adult and really drunk another really drunk guy appears out of nowhere and shoves me. We end up on the ground like two retards clawing at eachother until our friends peeled us apart. There was no winner that day

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

When I was 10 or so. He shoved me. I shoved him back. He knocked me down. I tried to kick him but he dodged. Then somebody's parents ran outside and broke it up.

Those middle class white kid neighborhoods can be dangerous

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
great fight stories here guys

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a starwar betamax posted:

great fight stories here guys

fights are always really lame tho

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

My Q-Face posted:

A few. These were all in different school systems in different cities.

The first was in fifth grade, some kid in another class and his friend, neither of whom I'd never seen before and both of whom I only saw once or twice afterwards, jumped me after school one day, The one kid threw me on the ground and put his foot on my throat. I never knew who he was or why he did that, but he made some vague threat about something. It's possible my mother was his substitute teacher at some point and he was mad at her.

In sixth grade, I got my face pounded by a kid on the bus ride home and neither the student bus monitors nor the bus driver did anything about it. After a few minutes of him punching me in the eyes and nose, I realized nobody was going to stop it, so I pushed him off into the aisle and then started slamming him into the emergency door with my shoulder until we reached my stop. Nobody but me was ever punished for that incident. (The Bus Driver reportedly said later that I deserved it. I would still dearly love to find and cripple that man today, even if he didn't say that, because how the gently caress do you let a fight go on for a ten minute bus ride without doing anything?). For some reason my mother flipped her poo poo and called in to work, then my father decided to find out where the kid lived and take me over there to look him in the face afterwards so that things would be settled "maturely". I'm not sure what the gently caress that was about other than that my father is a loving retard, and it didn't settle anything but did get me labeled a tattletale in school.

In ninth grade this one kid, who was in some special ed class even though he seemed fairly normal other than being a dick-hole, decided he was going to smash my lunch every day. My family wasn't doing so hot so every day, my lunch consisted of a half a peanut butter sandwich, a boiled egg, and the free milk carton. Every day I would sit down with my lunch and he would walk up behind me and start smashing it. I didn't really care because it didn't really hurt my lunch, I knew the kid was in special ed, and there were other more humiliating things going on than some retard smashing my lunch. One day though, after a few weeks of this, I was in a bad place for other reasons and he came up and smashed my lunch, so I screamed, jumped on his back and tried to claw out his throat. I was maybe 4'10" ~80 lbs at the time and my jumping on him didn't even stagger him, and my skinny fingers didn't even leave a mark on him. One of the Gym teachers walked in at that moment, saw us and immediately ran over to pull me off.

Later he challenged me to a fight in front of a bunch of other people and he said to meet him on the Tennis Courts after school. I rode the bus home and had no intention of waiting two or three hours for the activity bus, but the busses stopped at the junior high first and then went up the hill to the senior high, so I told the people I rode the bus with that I was going to the tennis courts. Instead I walked up the hill to the senior high, and got on my bus up there. When people asked I said "He wasn't there, so I came here instead". When he was confronted about not showing up for the fight at school the next day by a bunch of laughing ninth graders, he claimed that I chickened out. I repeated my lie, "I went to the Tennis Courts, but you weren't there so I went to catch my bus." He replied "Nuh-uh, my friend said you weren't there!". So I won in front of everybody and he never bothered me again.

Later in Ninth Grade, in a different school in a different state, I probably deserved this one, but there was this kid in my Spanish class who I used to laugh at for wearing Zubaz (among other things). He decided to get two of his friends and corner me after lunch while I was waiting for my first afternoon classroom to open. He was about my size, but his friends were both bigger. I spent the next few weeks trying to dodge them between classes and after school, but they would always catch me outside my history class (There was one teacher I know witnessed this every day and never said or did anything about it, but she also lied to my parents about how I was being disruptive and playing gameboy in the middle of class .. It was my friends' graphing calculator, and it was before the bell rang. I didn't even own a gameboy, so guess what my parents assumed)

One day, he caught me by himself and decided he was going to drag me into the bathroom to beat me up. He grabbed me by my collar and started dragging me into the bathroom. I saw at least three teachers in the hall at the time who didn't react at all, so as soon as he got me out of eye-shot of them, I quickly spun around and in one movement threw my bookbag across the hall, bouncing it against the lockers there, and grabbed him by the neck with one hand and pushed him up off his feet and into the wall. I drew the other hand back to punch him and saw the most terrified look in his eyes, so I let go and walked away. As I walked back into the hall, I could see the teachers trotting over to figure out why a bookbag had just been thrown into a locker, but I just picked it up, looked back at the kid like he'd done it, and walked off to my class without saying anything to anybody.

Later I was so pleased with myself that I stood up to him and was sure that I'd put an end to the harassment, I bragged to my mom about it and she yelled at me "how dare you" and "You go apologize to that boy".

The next day, he showed up with one of the two bigger kids and they actually followed me into my class room when I tried to walk away. I walked into the class room and said "I'm sorry I did that". He replied something like "You're gonna be sorry" and threw an eraser at me. For what it was worth though, the two bigger kids never hung around with him again after that.

That went into slow simmer, and I didn't have to deal with him again until a few years later, he'd found another bigger friend and tried to get him to help beat me up. It was kind of out of the blue, I was riding my bike down the street when some car tried to run me off the road and the occupants all gave me the finger as they drove by, I noticed that he was one of them. When he and his friend tried to run me down a second time a few days later, I went to the police station and filed a report and that finally put an end to it.

I had a few fights in the Army. In Basic training, there was some dispute in our platoon about who got selected to serve chow and the people serving chow were all pissed and so gave our platoon extra small portions. All of the people who got the small portions were pissed and ranting back and forth about flipping the servers' bunks. After about ten minutes of this, I said "Put up or shut up" and I flipped the first bunk. Later after the servers came back and found their bunks all flipped, some of the people who'd been poo poo talking about it in the first place started going off about "If it was me I'd own up to it". So eventually I did. The guy whose bunk I flipped was so pissed at me that he tried to charge me and when I stepped out of the way, he tripped and bounced his face off of a bench.

About a year later, my roommate was pissed at me for something we'd done in town the night before, and also he was hung over, so when we had to get up to go to the dining hall to serve breakfast, I woke him up and said was like "gently caress off", so I went and got ready and came back and he was still in bed to I woke him up again and he got really pissed and starts yelling at me. So as he's walking out of the room to go shower and shave, he says something about me not waking him up and I retorted in a "calm and collected" (read: smart-rear end) manner that I did, and he turned around to charge back into the room. I slammed the door on him (it bounced off), jumped away and grabbed him into a head-lock as he tried to bull-charge into me. He told me to let him go and I told him to calm down. Finally he was like "I am calm", so as I loosed my grip he punched me in the nose, so I punched him in the mouth and tightened my grip again until he really did calm down.

In Iraq I was in a few fights. In one case, we were doing a home invasion, two other soldiers were trying to cuff a guy in the hallway and he was fighting them, struggling and biting. At one point he bit both of them and drew blood, they got pissed and started punching him in the head, so I leapt in, kicked him in the gut to knock the wind out of him, then slammed him against the wall, put my foot in his chest and leaned against the opposite wall to pin him with my foot. Once they got one of his arms cuffed, I let go, grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him forward over my foot so they could get his other hand behind his body and cuff it. Eventually we got him cuffed and handed him off to another soldier who either threw him down a flight or stairs, or didn't hold on to him very well and he jumped down the flight of stairs. (I was already around the corner and into the next room when the fall down the stairs happened) Eventually I came back to find one of them treating the guy's face and found out that he was mentally retarded.

Once, in a some-what crowded market there, I spotted a shady looking guy trying to get around behind me. I was wearing Oakley wrap-arounds so he didn't know that I spotted him as he was trying to get closer, but I kept turning so he was just at the corner of my vision. I wasn't sure what he was up to, but I kept my eye on him until he got right next to me. He thrust his closed fist up next to me and I saw that he had a switch-blade knife in it. In under a second, I grabbed his wrist and pushed it away from my torso just as the blade snapped out, pulled him forward and off balance, drew my pistol and shoved it into his face. The expression in his eyes was the same terrified look as the kid I pinned to the wall in ninth grade.

haha.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
fights fights - does everything go almost into comically slow motion type thing when they fight? Like the handful of fights I have been in, I have been able to think really clearly and see stuff coming way too easily. But, I only punched one dude the rest of them I just blocked and shoved the dudes until someone broke it up or one of my friends jumped on them, mostly cause I really didnt feel endangered besides once really.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
sometimes i won and sometimes i got my rear end kicked :c00l:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I have a few medals and trophies for kicking and punching people muay thai rules

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
IRL fighting is dumb.

But I grew up in a super hick environment and there was a lot of fighting. Very ritualized and John Wayne-ish, you'd just stand there punching one another until somebody fell down, then it was over and you were friends somehow.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im the guy with the adidas pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88S3G9xcGw

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im the shirtless guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbRjsCiWyws

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Smash it Smash hit posted:

fights fights - does everything go almost into comically slow motion type thing when they fight? Like the handful of fights I have been in, I have been able to think really clearly and see stuff coming way too easily. But, I only punched one dude the rest of them I just blocked and shoved the dudes until someone broke it up or one of my friends jumped on them, mostly cause I really didnt feel endangered besides once really.

Same for me except I still get punched in the nostrils

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Clamps McGraw posted:

With her name being Stottie Kyek I'm willing to bet Newcastle, UK

And it is or was a loving hellhole, if NUFC lost you'd get physically attacked in the street in broad daylight especially if you didn't look 100% conventional, happened to me multiple times

Close enough, this was Durham. There was the odd creepy local guy (like the flasher on Prebends Bridge that I never saw but we got e-mail warnings about), but it was mostly the posh student boys who'd never had anyone say "no" to them before who were dodgy. The sort who, if they'd grown up in the US, would be in a frat house and fit every stereotype of it. After a while I started hanging out in dirty old pubs and biker bars because the guys there had more of a sense of community, if one of them turned nasty all his friends would pile on him and kick him out, but if it happened in a fancier or a university-affiliated place people would just think "eh, it's not my problem, I don't want to get involved or make a scene". It's a lot better now that the feminist society has been ratified (in 2012 IIRC, the year I graduated and about 40 years after most other universities) and the It Happens Here campaign has a branch in Durham, and the police are consulting with domestic violence charities and the like, so hopefully fresher girls have it easier now than we did. :unsmith:

Fights with local folks were usually done by mutual agreement in my experience. Folk would come up to you and say, "Oi, mate! D'yeh wanna fight?", and if you felt like a fun wee scrap you'd say "Aye!" and have a tussle, or you'd just go, "Nah, you're alright, mate", and they would say "oh okay" and move on to the next person. It was a strange sort of thing but it worked pretty well. A bit like sparring or wrestling I guess, and you only join in if you feel like it.

edit: since taking up krav I've been at the odd few anti-fascist marches, basically turning out in greater numbers whenever any local fascists try to protest something, and occasionally a fight kicks off at those, but what usually happens is either the police handle it or the Trotskyites all pile in and stick their stupid posters and stickers all over everything to get publicity, so often you can't get near the fash anyway to hit them.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 18, 2015

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

a starwar betamax posted:

Same for me except I still get punched in the nostrils

yeah reading that again makes me sound like a tool. not trying to make myself into some sort of bad rear end cause i really dont look to fight ever and hardly ever do. just the few times i did, maybe it was adrenaline rush or something. was generally curious if it happens to other people cause its kinda weird. reminds me playing baseball when a ball is hit right at you when youre pitching, its there instantly but you feel like you watch it for a few seconds.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
there was this one guy who was being a insanely huge rear end in a top hat at a bar with a live band and pushing people and pulling girls and screaming and I punched him right in the loving nose when he finally got to me. he started bleeding and going :O WHA :O ???? >:O? ??? and his girlfriend apologized to me lol

once a black belt tae kwon doe half korean yet natural blonde girl kicked me square in the nuts too. not sure if either of these are fights though

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Stottie Kyek posted:

edit: since taking up krav I

loving lol.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
in middle school i threw a guy on the ground and he knocked his tooth out on a rock, when i was 18 i was at a redneck party in the middle of a field and called some guy a fag and knocked him unconscious with a tree branch, a few years later i clocked a guy at a movie theater because he was running his mouth the entire movie, i got hit over the head with a bottle at a punk show and was in the process of choking the guy to death bedore we got pulled apart, i got in a friendly scuffle with some guy who practiced martial arts of some sort and managed to throw him to the ground before he got up and hit me about 6 times in the gut and i tapped out, broke up a fight behind a bar but then bloodied one of the guys face for the hell of it, got wasted in a hotel and picked a fight with two huge guys for no reason and got a torn lip a black eye, holy poo poo piss suck my weiner.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I got my rear end kicked by a girl because I'm a beta bitch

Isotropic
Jan 6, 2013

Smash it Smash hit posted:

lmao

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

youre next buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Moosechees posted:

Picking on the only kid in school lower on the social ladder than I was, who had almost been my friend, he goes into a rage and picks up a chair and starts swinging it at me. I picked up a chair to block his attacks for about 15 seconds before he gets pulled to the ground by some other kids.

He's in prison for rape now and I feel guilty because if I had been nicer to him (or rather, not a totally fuckwad toward him) his mental state and life probably wouldn't have turned into such a pile of poo poo that led to that choice.

Ya but honestly who knows. If you weren't mean to him he may have raped more people. Maybe you're the hero. Goes both ways.

• Locked thread