Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

idk, the premise that fratboys are rapists is sound.

there's probably a bunch of frat rapes on campus that will go unpunished because of this article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

fyodor posted:

i think it was more rich ebay guy was a legit lunatic control freak who knew nothing about running an investigative journalism company (shocking!)

Actually yeah I think I read he was essentially trying to get Taibbi to follow various stupid Silicon Valley management techniques. Amazing it didn't collapse sooner now that I think about it.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Cowman posted:

there's probably a bunch of frat rapes on campus that will go unpunished because of this article

So?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
HAHAHAHAHAHA

quote:

"After 130 days of living under a cloud of suspicion as a result of reckless reporting by Rolling Stone magazine, today the Virginia Alpha Chapter of Phi Kappa Psi announced plans to pursue all available legal action against the magazine," the fraternity said in a statement.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
If you doubted the original story, you're pro-rape :grin:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dogcrash truther posted:

If you doubted the original story, you're pro-rape :grin:

im pro everything. the only thing my constituents want are low taxes and guns. that means i get to vote yes a lot

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
It's gonna be cool if phi kappa psi has to prove in court that it's not a rape haven

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
lmao at the grin emote :grin:

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Cowman posted:

Because they were doing such a good job of punishing them before

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Lol @ this smiley :grin:

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

It's a really good emote

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Ah

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Volume posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's good. I hope Rolling Stone get's torn apart.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

"Get Your War On" was good. MFTIU was/were too. Now that dude is on NPR sharpening pencils.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 211 days!)

stay safe raperty (possible) ghost

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

dogcrash truther posted:

Because they were doing such a good job of punishing them before

They're doing such a good job that they've set up kangaroo courts across the nation under title 9 and are marking people as guilty even if they obviously aren't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I.C. posted:

"Get Your War On" was good. MFTIU was/were too. Now that dude is on NPR sharpening pencils.

He has a TV show now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Bah, the story was fake but accurate.

I think it is problematic that the patriarchy has supported rape culture utilizing their white priviledge to enact this chilling suppression of feminism.

Triggers.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

natetimm posted:

They're doing such a good job that they've set up kangaroo courts across the nation under title 9 and are marking people as guilty even if they obviously aren't.
better for 10 frat boys to be wrongfully-accused than for 1 rapist to go unpunished, imho.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

GORDON posted:

Bah, the story was fake but accurate.

I think it is problematic that the patriarchy has supported rape culture utilizing their white priviledge to enact this chilling suppression of feminism.

Triggers.

Hey those are some of the terms they use. Very nice

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

better for 10 frat boys to be wrongfully-accused than for 1 rapist to go unpunished, imho.

When in doubt just create your own extra-judicial system of determining guilt and then act surprised when people treat you the same as a lynch mob full of rednecks.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

He has a TV show now.

No fooling? Good for him! That guy is funny. I wish him well.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

That sounds awfully like something a murderer would say.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

natetimm posted:

fraternity brothers are the true victims imo

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

whatis posted:

fraternity brothers are the true victims imo

In this case, this is actually true

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the great irony of the piece is that it takes place at uva, charlottesville is a profoundly vanilla place

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk it seemed legit, not outlandish or weird or outrageous in terms of my level of surprise, and a lot of other people did too and that I think is telling. I read that article and I'm pretty sure that even if they made it up that exact story has happened to many people and a lot of colleges don't really give a poo poo which is ridiculous when you think about how much tuition money you have to pay them.

I feel like college is the one service that when you pay tens of thousands of dollars you still get treated like poo poo and considering the current economic climate I feel like they should be a little more user friendly in terms of the student experience but that's a different thread.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

idk it seemed legit, not outlandish or weird or outrageous in terms of my level of surprise, and a lot of other people did too and that I think is telling. I read that article and I'm pretty sure that even if they made it up that exact story has happened to many people and a lot of colleges don't really give a poo poo which is ridiculous when you think about how much tuition money you have to pay them.

I feel like college is the one service that when you pay tens of thousands of dollars you still get treated like poo poo and considering the current economic climate I feel like they should be a little more user friendly in terms of the student experience but that's a different thread.

rapes have and will always be a problem until the end of humanity, but stuff like this article smacks of the devil worshiping hysteria of the 80s and 90s. its like a moral panic

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
unless you're a coed community service fraternity, someone in your chapter is raping

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

i liked the part of the story when the girl said the guys powerbombed her through a glass table like they were fighting for an intercontinental championship

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
theyre a bad band on top of a shitrag

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Moridin920 posted:

I think it was somewhat outlandish that she got suplexed into a glass coffee table and was then raped on the pile of broken glass for five hours and just walked it off and didn't have to go to the hospital.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I am starting to think that if the rape victim chooses to go to campus authorities and not the real police, then that person is lying about being raped.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

rapes have and will always be a problem until the end of humanity, but stuff like this article smacks of the devil worshiping hysteria of the 80s and 90s. its like a moral panic

yeah but if you believed in the satanic panic you were an idiot whereas if you believe a lot of rape happens at colleges then that's normal

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GORDON posted:

I am starting to think that if the rape victim chooses to go to campus authorities and not the real police, then that person is lying about being raped.

campuses that big have their own police department hth

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Phil Niekro posted:

i liked the part of the story when the girl said the guys powerbombed her through a glass table like they were fighting for an intercontinental championship

Then they all started chanting "ECW! ECW! ECW!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i can see you how might not know that since you dont have education

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 211 days!)