Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I.C. posted:

Yes, I had to think about it, too, actually. I'm not even on sedatives...so weird!

welcome to the dead inside club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

welcome to the dead inside club!

I like this club, too.

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
I'm in IT and this is another poem I wrote about stupid people, although this does not actually get me IRRATIONALLY angry.

My Computer had an error-
Well, what did it say?
Oh, I don't know,
I just clicked "OK"!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
People who get up on your rear end while you're cruising by slower traffic and then when you get to the right to let them pass they decide that they don't actually want to go that fast and then slowdown to pace you in your blindspot. Inevitably when you end up wanting back in the left lane to pass someone else they will speed up/slow down with your attempts to get back over and you end up either having to floor it or go like 10 under to get around them.

Alternatively people who speed up a ton when you're trying to pass them. Basically anyone who can't just pick a speed and then stick to it on a highway or freeway. Its like some drivers really want a car right next to them for reasons beyond me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
people sitting behind you at an intersection that honk at you because they think you can go

sure I'll plow into this oncoming car just for you, rear end in a top hat your time is waaaayy more important than me turning safely

I'm gettin' mad just thinking about it, gently caress

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

People who get up on your rear end while you're cruising by slower traffic and then when you get to the right to let them pass they decide that they don't actually want to go that fast and then slowdown to pace you in your blindspot. Inevitably when you end up wanting back in the left lane to pass someone else they will speed up/slow down with your attempts to get back over and you end up either having to floor it or go like 10 under to get around them.

Alternatively people who speed up a ton when you're trying to pass them. Basically anyone who can't just pick a speed and then stick to it on a highway or freeway. Its like some drivers really want a car right next to them for reasons beyond me.

I have been in the car with multiple people who don't know how the cruise control in their car works

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
I seriously cannot wait for my self-driving car.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Ivan Yurkinov posted:

I seriously cannot wait for my self-driving car.

You won't have anything to write a song about then...

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
Of course I will. The world is still full of stupid people.

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
I have lots of angry songs I just don't want to give everything away all at once.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have been in the car with multiple people who don't know how the cruise control in their car works
My truck for whatever reason doesn't have cruise control but its really not hard to maintain a speed and i don't really get why people are so consistently bad at it. I drive on 2 lane each direction highways a lot in eastern washington and i don't even know how many times the following scenario has happened:

I'll be cruisin about 10 over and see some random dude far in front of me im slowly gaining on going 5ish over. When i eventually catch up to them ill switch lanes to pass, at this point they will match my 10 over despite being comfortable with their previous speed for probably the last who knows how many miles of their drive. I'll gradually speed up and they'll speed up too until we're both going like 15 to 20 over, this will last like a mile and then eventually ill get in front of them. At this point they seem to realize that they didn't actually want to go 20 over and coast back down to their original speed, ill go back to 10 over and slowly leave them behind. I just dont get it. It's like that scene in the new karate kid where will smith's son makes the other kid mimic his behavior like a snake dancer.

Its annoying to me because i just want to maintain my speed, i know they are going slower than it, but now because they've decided this moment is the best time for an impromptu drag race im at risk of getting a ticket if we blow past a cop.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ivan Yurkinov posted:

I'm in IT and this is another poem I wrote about stupid people, although this does not actually get me IRRATIONALLY angry.

My Computer had an error-
Well, what did it say?
Oh, I don't know,
I just clicked "OK"!

thats a really good poem my man

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah i have no idea why people do that and I'm pretty sure if you asked them they wouldn't know either which somehow makes it more infuriating

just absolutely senseless irritation

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.

Mozi posted:

realpost: people who do not signal their turns when driving

Booblord Zagats posted:

People who can't maintain their lane in a turn/turn in to the wrong lane

Libelous Slander posted:

People who turn left from the straight lane even though there is a turn lane available.

Business Gorillas posted:

People that go exactly the speed limit

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

People who don't fuckin merge. They don't get up to merging speed. They come a complete stop in their 200 yard lane cause the scary cars are coming. Instead of merging

"MERGE IDIOT. MERGE. MERGE. SLIT YOUR THROAT. I HOPE YOURE ON YOUR WAY TO YOUR SUICIDE rear end in a top hat"

Ivan Yurkinov posted:

Two footed drivers. Your brake lights should not be lit up when you are accelerating from a stop or going up a hill. I just want to loving ram them and then use my dashcam footage to destroy them in court, laughing at their poor paralyzed faces in their wheelchairs.

e: speling

jlechem posted:

People who go 5 miles under the speed limit. I want to smash their faces in.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I hate it when people pass in the right lane on a 3-lane highyway and then merge back into the center lane without signaling

I mean yeah it's on me to watch for other people doing dumb poo poo blah blah blah but every time someone does this crap and then honks at me for trying to merge at the same time as them from the correct loving lane I get a little closer to just holding the wheel and plowing into them and killing us all
people that complain constantly about driving.

Not only is it supremely boring, but everyone is a terrible and inattentive driver, everyone is an entitled piece of poo poo about piloting a huge machine that they do not understand or pay attention to in the slightest. Look around, you'll see that close to 100% of people have got their face lit up from below by their smartphone while they're riding a missile down the publicly funded road

gently caress cars and gently caress driving. This is totally rational btw

e: there are even more on the second page, jesus

Jesse Ventura fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 6, 2015

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Jesse Ventura posted:

people that complain constantly about driving.

e: there are even more on the second page, jesus

:iiaca:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
People who gripe about 'tween music on the radio in 2015, when there have never been more non-radio options for finding music that you actually like.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

someone paid money for this

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
When women of breeding age fail to maintain their sexual attractiveness and receptivity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3JV6q4tY0M

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I have SO many bags and KEEP losing track of all my goddamn money and loose change in the million pockets and it's like gently caress where's my money I just want my drink.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I hate hate HATE writing the number 5. All other numbers are fine with the pen moving in a smooth, natural motion, but the 5 is so awkward from the bottom left of the swoop to crossing the top that I always end up dragging the pen and making it look like a mutated 6.

I HATE THE NUMBER 5 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
I HATE THAT STUPID BITCH SUSAN MARMALADE

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
femenism...duh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I can't loving stand the people who roll into the otherwise expeditious drive thru to order meals for a family of 30.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Hi, we should be friends.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Vermin Tanager
Jul 2, 2007
When I daydream about conversations with people I've never met and they piss me off with their stupidity and/or attitude. Imaginary friends can be such assholes.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
NERD
LARD
TRAN

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
When I purchase things and the total or the change amounts to $6.66 and the cashier freaks out and changes it to 6.65. gently caress you bitch, it's not your place to mess with my fate. SATAN WANTED ME TO HAVE THAT!

kremlins
May 9, 2009
i loving hate the stupid euro ISO keyboards with the big goofy return keys displacing the pipe/backslash key:

that prime piece of real estate was well-earned motherfuckers

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

My truck for whatever reason doesn't have cruise control but its really not hard to maintain a speed and i don't really get why people are so consistently bad at it. I drive on 2 lane each direction highways a lot in eastern washington and i don't even know how many times the following scenario has happened:

I'll be cruisin about 10 over and see some random dude far in front of me im slowly gaining on going 5ish over. When i eventually catch up to them ill switch lanes to pass, at this point they will match my 10 over despite being comfortable with their previous speed for probably the last who knows how many miles of their drive. I'll gradually speed up and they'll speed up too until we're both going like 15 to 20 over, this will last like a mile and then eventually ill get in front of them. At this point they seem to realize that they didn't actually want to go 20 over and coast back down to their original speed, ill go back to 10 over and slowly leave them behind. I just dont get it. It's like that scene in the new karate kid where will smith's son makes the other kid mimic his behavior like a snake dancer.

Its annoying to me because i just want to maintain my speed, i know they are going slower than it, but now because they've decided this moment is the best time for an impromptu drag race im at risk of getting a ticket if we blow past a cop.

so when you switch lanes, accelerate right to 20 over and pass him definitively then slow back down to your regular speed again. They won't try to pace you if they have to floor the accelerator to do it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

ghlbtsk posted:

I hate hate HATE writing the number 5. All other numbers are fine with the pen moving in a smooth, natural motion, but the 5 is so awkward from the bottom left of the swoop to crossing the top that I always end up dragging the pen and making it look like a mutated 6.

I HATE THE NUMBER 5 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you hate it so much because you're a retard and writing it backwards. Draw the top line first. Who in the gently caress starts their 5s with the swoosh at the bottom?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It makes my blood boil when people buy lottery tickets.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

It makes my blood boil when people buy lottery tickets.

if you buy one or a couple I don't care but if you stand here five minutes picking out fifteen tickets and then scratch them at the counter and get more with any winnings/free ticket winners you can get hosed

or if you play the pick x ones with fifteen loving different sets of numbers argh gently caress you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

proof of concept posted:

so when you switch lanes, accelerate right to 20 over and pass him definitively then slow back down to your regular speed again. They won't try to pace you if they have to floor the accelerator to do it

Yup that's exactly what I do, I just don't really like it cause you never know where cops are gonna be on county highways and 'I was only speeding for 20 seconds officer honest' is not actually a good excuse in their eyes sadly. Passing people as fast as possible is the safest way to drive but the laws don't reflect that.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Yup that's exactly what I do, I just don't really like it cause you never know where cops are gonna be on county highways and 'I was only speeding for 20 seconds officer honest' is not actually a good excuse in their eyes sadly. Passing people as fast as possible is the safest way to drive but the laws don't reflect that.

even then some people will still accelerate; I've had people accelerate from 55 to 70 just so I couldn't pass them, even though they were going exactly the speed limit initially. one time someone was coming up behind me going obviously faster than I was while carpooling to work; I slowed down slightly and let them pass and my passenger asked my why I let them pass me :wtc:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Mozi posted:

realpost: people who do not signal their turns when driving

also a special subset of this, ppl who signal during their turn

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Blue Train posted:

even then some people will still accelerate; I've had people accelerate from 55 to 70 just so I couldn't pass them, even though they were going exactly the speed limit initially. one time someone was coming up behind me going obviously faster than I was while carpooling to work; I slowed down slightly and let them pass and my passenger asked my why I let them pass me :wtc:

america is a land of winners son

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea I forget sometimes that literally everything is a competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Kremlin Kremlin posted:

i loving hate the stupid euro ISO keyboards with the big goofy return keys displacing the pipe/backslash key:

that prime piece of real estate was well-earned motherfuckers

THATS NOT WHERE TILDE GOES

• Locked thread