Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
this thread should have existed a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GenericMartini posted:

this thread should have existed a long time ago.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
He had one of the greatest Wrestlemania entrances ever and is all round awesome. Thread title is definitely accurate.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this is what makes me love him. I 100% expected to hate him, there's no gimmick that SHOULD be worse in this age than 'I AM FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY! AHAHAHAHAHA ANOTHER COUNTRY NOT AMERICA! AND I LIKE MY COUNTRY AND NOT AMERICA! DOESN'T THIS MAKE YOU SO MAD????"

Yet somehow it worked well by actually trying to keep him up with current events and giving him this weird but consistent persona.

Also, he big, he crush.

I remember a tv match last year or maybe the year before where there was a six man tag, and the "heel" team saw Sheamus and K.O. getting pissed and storming out on their partner, Rusev, who, brave Bulgarian hero that he is, valiantly stood his ground while the "babyfaces" teamed up to stomp him into the ground in a 3-on-1 handicap.

It was terrible heel booking, but exactly the kind of thing that makes Rusev Rusev.
Rusev matchka.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
rusev is the best babyface in the wwe

intervolver
Nov 25, 2016
I really hope that Rusev teaches that sex pervert Enzo and his big bully Cas a lesson about manners.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
whoever goes to a show next please attempt to start a 'Rusev Machka" - "Rusev Crush" dueling chant ok thanks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

frankenfreak posted:

He's come so far since this:

I remember watching videos of him in FCW tagging with Alex Koslov before Alex went to NJPW to tag with Rocky

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I was at the Raw where he beat up Enzo in the hotel. Our dark match was him coming out to the ring, and talking poo poo, and then getting run off by Cass with only like a big boot. I never got a moment to cheer for him, and I feel so robbed to this day.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Rusev Rules

The addition of Lana worked really well for him, since she did all the pro-Russia, anti-US trash talking and he was just the bruiser who wrecked shop. A physical separation of the gimmick and the wrestler.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Also, Rusev Twitter is great.

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/821936501298757635

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cubone posted:

I remember a tv match last year or maybe the year before where there was a six man tag, and the "heel" team saw Sheamus and K.O. getting pissed and storming out on their partner, Rusev, who, brave Bulgarian hero that he is, valiantly stood his ground while the "babyfaces" teamed up to stomp him into the ground in a 3-on-1 handicap.

It was terrible heel booking, but exactly the kind of thing that makes Rusev Rusev.
Rusev matchka.

yea having Rusev's character actually be the big tough foriegn strongman does ton to help it out. Instead of some evil foriegn heel who pusses out as soon as the fight starts, or goes right to cheating, he's just an rear end in a top hat who will also do his best to beat the poo poo out of whoever's in the ring with him. I can respect that.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

True story: Rusev remains uncucked.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Kull the Conqueror posted:

AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the company but Rusev is my guy. I went to a show and I felt like the only guy cheering for him. It was cool.

I went to the Christmas MSG house show in 2015 and some people were trying to start USA chants. My friends and I were chanting BUL-GAR-IA because Rusev is great and so is Bulgaria but it didn't catch on. Rusev is not only a very good wrestler, but he has an amazing wit and charisma that shines through even the poo poo he's sometimes saddled with.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Rusev offered me a fish, I would take the fish.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I have crush on Rusev.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I remember when Rusev was just some rando NXT guy in the Rumble.

How far we've come. :swoon:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rusev is good and should be drafted to Smackdown and be even better

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Rusev being on SD Live would be good because they might actually make him a face there. If they intended to keep him as a heel, it would be bad because there's already way too many heels on SD.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Trade Corbin for Rusev IMO

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Trade Corbin for Rusev IMO

I used to think we needed cesaro or sami zayn but no, I really want Rusev to replace Baron Corbin in the main event picture. he can work with cena and ambrose but I also really really want an AJ versus Rusev match. I can't even imagine the hosed up promos and incredible matches we'd get out of this.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Rusev is the hero 1986 deserves.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is a great thread by a great poster talking about a great wrestleman. Rusev owns.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Discount Trombones posted:

Rusev is the hero 1986 deserves.
Also 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rusev was undefeated for the first 200 or so days of being on the main roster and beat Cena in his Fastlane title defense. Sure he lost it to him at Wrestlemania but hey, for a rookie that's not a bad run at the time, getting a belt and feuding with the top guy.

I legit loved the brutal HIAC match he had with Roman, even though he lost.

edit: also didn't want to make a new post but can we get that picture of Rusev putting Ryback into an Accolade and making him pass out, while he's kissing Lana, because that photo loving owns so much.

• Locked thread