Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rauri posted:

Questions Round 1

Monster Herald Nine, the Doomed - What was Kaiju-O said to have done the last time he was awake?

Kaiju-O doesn't wake... often. Mostly it's a lesser Kaiju that crawls out of the ocean - they're not terrible to deal with. They're basically animals. They wander off into the countryside and containment is easy.

The last time Kaiju-O woke, it was chaos. He cut down swathes of buildings. He shrugged off every weapon hurled at him - it just healed him instead, like how I can... absorb energy. And he could think. He used chunks of buildings like weapons, he hid in rubble. It took so many heroes to work together and defeat him, my ancestor - number five, I think they were - along with them. Not everyone made it out of that fight. He killed the Miracle Man, who was the big cheese hero at the time... He took out Raven Man, the Otherworlder, Mister Blink 'n' Miss, Lady Mars - they never worked as heroes again. That's when the Silver Age started - because Kaiju-O ended the Golden Age.

And they couldn't kill him... just send him back. He's never been seen since. Only a few Kaiju have came out after, and we try and keep that under wraps. People don't want to think about it. Hell, neither do I. But it'll happen, sooner or later.

quote:

How long do you think you have before you become more Kaiju than person, and what symptoms have you noticed already?

...I don't know how long I've got. It's a gradual transformation, but if I overexert myself, I accelerate it. If things get worse? Maybe six months. At the current rate, two years. I don't know if it stops at any point, because the previous Monster Heralds either retired before they got that far or, uh, died. So I got a very scaly future ahead of me.

Not that I've got scales. I think that's, like, the last thing. But I'm getting some of their physical aspects. My teeth are getting pointy, my nose is retreating into my face, and my eye color is definitely not natural. Worst makeover. My body's also changing as well, and not in the usual teen way. Kaiju are genderless - we just made Kaiju-O a he because it looks good in the papers. So sometimes people wonder what gender I am. I could pass for either. My worry is if I'm still human right now, so I'll figure the nitty-gritty out later. People kinda don't comment about it, which is nice, but someone's gonna say something and then I'm gonna have to explain everything. It's going to be awkward.

quote:

What's the strongest foe you've fought so far, and how did you defeat them?

This rear end in a top hat.

This dude is Bhaghat. He's not Indian, he just thought the name was cool. He was top dog of the local Kaiju cult for a while, until I took him down.

See, when Kaiju die, they leave behind a big old corpse. Most of the time, we get acid and fire-based heroes to melt it down. But sometimes, bits of it get stolen and sold on the black market. It's a real problem - there's still scales from Kaiju-O circulating around the big Mafia families. So Bhaghat had been snorting the bones of this thing, and he had a supersonic voice already, so as you can imagine, it made him even stronger. He could uproot trees by yelling. It was really difficult to fight him. You couldn't get near him or he'd just hurl you back by yelling Kaiju scripture.

I lured him to an enclosed space - he had a big ego, so I just taunted him about not being able to beat me up close. It took a while before he took the bait, but when he did, I got him into an abandoned parking building, then I snuck up on him and smashed his ear defenders. He tried his power once and bust his eardrums. Then I beat the snot out of him. He's in prison now, in a padded cell and surrounded by deaf guards. So long, wannabe.

quote:

In addition to your individual questions, everyone please answer the two following: What Rank should you actually be? What's your greatest weakness?

I should be Rank A. I should! They need me for when Kaiju-O wakes up again. But the last Kaiju was so long ago that nobody thinks they're coming back. Unless some big cheese is secretly preparing for it. But I doubt it - they've got more important things to do, I guess.

My weakness? Uh, I worry. A lot. I mean, no duh, right? Kaijus a-coming, everybody kiss your butts goodbye! But sometimes it keeps me awake, or I feel like I'm not doing anything to help stop it. I'm just plucking at straws whilst a combine harvester rolls up to me. It's... not great.

Also my greatest weakness? Tempura shrimp. Got a craving for it. Kaiju blood, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rauri posted:

Toriko Oubou, the Protege - How do you manage to stay effective in long fights with your skillset? What's your favorite type of character or class to play in games, and what does it say about you? What leads you to believe Kurohara is more than she seems to be so far?

I try to avoid long fights is my non answer. I prefer ambushes and to quickly cut down my enemy. If that isn't possible I will try to sabotage them before hand. Discretion is the better part of valor. It's more important to win the war than to fight every battle. I know that isn't a popular attitude in the league but that's on anyone keen on taking a beating. As for actually fighting, I have a few knife styles I've been working on. Look at this sucker I found at the thrift store. I've been pairing knives together. One mostly for parries and the other for mostly stabbing. I have like a dozen different types. Kurohara had me practicing balisong tricks to steel my nerves. She uh, also said it's a great way to impress the ladies. Anyway, my style is defensive. I focus on letting my opponent get impatient and make a mistake. So I guess my answer is I stay in long fights by not fighting for the length of them.

Oh I really like classes with crowd control. It really is the most skill intensive way to play these kind of games. You really have to manage your resources, timing, and coordination. In blade and soul I use an ice force master. I completely poo poo on blade dancers which everyone plays as because they want to be the animal kid race but have a cool sword too. They basically don't get to attack it's pretty great. They just helplessly flail as I walk backwards at the speed their chilled rear end can stumble towards me. Oh can I love Uther in hots. He's not that good right now but that's okay. He gains a bunch of actives so he's not easy to play so his win rate is real down. But he has this thing where you can recast an ability right away. So you donk someone with a hammer to stun them, then you do it again, then you slam down your hammer storm ultimate which stuns them again. Five seconds of lock down that's completely insane! Hmm what else? Well I am on a bit of a Blizzard kick. I was playing a lot of Elise priest. It's where you just load up your deck with cards that destroy theirs and then you play this card that turns all your stuff into big dudes, whatever left over cards don't remove the type of guys they're playing. So you just try to set up a wall for them to uselessly flail out until they run out of gas and you just own them.

Kurohara doesn't appreciate high skill play like that. She's just a lovely whale on some cell phone game. Really she's all other the place. Now putting on the mask is like flipping a switch for me, but if she's like that too her fuse is busted. She's all over the place. She'll snap between being a goofy pervert and terrifying sadist mid conversation. She's an absolute demon in a fight as well. But she's just human like me, at least as far as anyone knows. No normal human can fight Justicar Pillar to a stand still through. He's decked in this arcane armor. I've seen him lift a Mack truck on the news. And she's got this weird scar on her abdomen. It's firm to the touch like it's right over bone, but it's not. And I've decided to go digging through records to see if I could pull up anything on her. There's no evidence that she existed before being brought in save for whatever victims she can be linked to. Using a fake name wouldn't be surprising. But I can't find anything. Kurohara isn't exactly an average looking woman, she's towering for one. But I can't find records of anyone even looking like her. It's only made me more curious.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

How do your powers work exactly, and which one is the most, uh, fun for you?

Well... the mist is really malleable, and while it's a part of me, I can shape it however I want. So, that's how I make the constructs and move stuff around. They're all just really dense mist. I know you guys initially thought I was some kind of weird combination of telepathy and weather control, but it's much simpler than that.

So, the memory stuff... that's kind of self explanatory, right? I don't need to spell it out again, I hope.

As for which is the most fun? Um... I know I can't lie in here, so I'm not going to try. But I just want to make sure you understand that I don't do it for kicks or anything. So, yeah, the constructs are fun. If I want to, I can be a one girl soccer team. And doing stuff like juggling Atlas is just funny. And, yes, I know that changing someone's memories around is a big deal. I don't do it unless I've got a good reason. But... it's really exhilarating! It's like I'm getting one over on the mist, AND it's sort of like painting a picture, only with just my mind.

So... yes, I really enjoy changing peoples memories around. But I'm not a bad person! Honest!

Could you describe how the Tower looks for me, both inside and out?

Of course! You should stop by sometime! I'd be happy to give you a tour! But, for now, I can give you a general run down. The outside is pretty plain. It's just a large, circular, stone tower about six stories tall. The inside is much more interesting. You wouldn't think you were inside a dreary tower or anything! There's the basement and the vault, of course. It's... well, it's boring and we won't go down there. But the rest of it. It's got paintings and tapestries everywhere. It looks like a really nice castle. But nicer than the real ones. Like, a movie castle or something. Oh, about halfway up is filled with all sorts of weird artifacts collected by the previous caretakers of the tower. Some of it probably still even works! I don't have anything to add to it, though, so I've mostly been using it as a darkroom for photography. Finally, my bedroom is at the top, and it's really great! It's much more normal. Aside from the weird, round shape of the room, you'd just think you were in a really nice teenage girl's room. I've got an easel for painting and even a computer! Finally, it's got a big window that I can use to glide down to a nearby alleyway for when I want to walk around as Linda.

Who do you think would miss you, even if the worst came to pass?
Um... I don't really know if anyone would? That's... kind of why it's so awful.

...Well, I do sort of remember Mom, so I guess it's not perfect. So... maybe Jenny? We met in one of the art classes in the park, and we've hung out a lot since then! She goes to the local high school and works taking orders in her family's restaurant. She's also a lot better artist than I am, but I'm getting better by working with her!

She doesn't know that I'm a superhero, though, and it's been a bit awkward. I've had to come up with some really dumb excuses as to why I can't really invite her back to my place. Still... maybe the fact that she doesn't know my other identity would actually help with remembering me! You know, even if she forgets Mnemosyne, she won't forget Linda!

How long do you think you have?
Um. My mom was... 40, I think? So, around 25 years, hopefully. She was a really high profile superhero, too! I don't know how well she kept things under wraps, though... So, I might get even longer if we stop talking about this!

What Rank should you actually be?
I know a lot of people probably say something crazy like A, but for me? I'm fine being low ranked for now. D rank... is a little low, though. Maybe a C ranker or so. You know, regularly dealing with low level empowered criminals, but not going up against big, organized groups like the really high ranked people do! But I could totally be an A ranker once I get more experienced!

What's your greatest weakness?
I don't know a lot about these powers, and I don't really have anyone to talk to them about.

Mnemosyne mentally adds, Even if I found someone, I couldn't go into any details unless I wanted to cut some time off my clock.

I also added the theme songs to the character sheet.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 29, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

How do you utilize your Zero Wi-Fi technology during battle?

It's simple, really.

See, I use data transfer to take in situational recon. You know... radar. I can also send normal communications, like texts and voice messages, radio telecommunications, etc.

I access satellites, they relay info, I transcribe it. Nice. Clean. Efficient.

Technically, I can techno path tech that has Wi-Fi access, but I'm no hacker. And the last thing I want is to be counter hacked.

OH! Speaking of....

*Shows a watch*

See this watch? It's connected to my suit via Zero Wi-Fi! I push this button here... and my wheel chair beomes the suit! Sweet, right!?

What weakness does C.H.A.O.S. HAVOK have that you noticed during your fight with her?

HAVOK's greatest weakness? Well, that's tied.

First, as I stated, she outweighs Ethiopia. She is 'humongus.. That size has it's limits, both is speed and manuverability. She's faster than she looks, but I still was able to outmaneuver her.

Second? She is a sadist. She like to inflict pain. Even when it's sensible to end things quickly, she likes to stretch things out, watching her opponents suffer. She could've killed me... but instead, she gave me a chance to get back into my suit. That was the difference between me escaping and me dieing.

What signs have you noticed of Havok C.H.A.O.S. continuing to search for you?

Well... they are still attacking Hamaski Industries convoys, and made acts of terro towards office subsideries across the cities. The only reason for these 'attacks' is to possibly draw me out.

Other heroes has stopped them though. These attacks have been outside my zone, and thus my jurisdiction. They don't know what Zone I'm in, obviously.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rauri posted:

Stardust Scout, the Janus - What do most people at your school think of Stardust Scout, and what do they think of Koneko?

Everyone loves Stardust Scout! They have to, she's like, the bestest and greatest! Everyone always wants to hear about her, and like, totally not just because they think her aim being bad is funny, or because boys think she's pretty or things! I think everyone really likes her! I mean part of it is that she's not the best hero, and it's funny to laugh about [even if it makes me a little sad!] but a big part is just that we don't have many heroes! I mean we're a pretty boring district! The most monsters we get are like, just trying to get to more interesting zones, and we just stay out of their way, so having heroes in our zone is like super cool and sweet! Though some of the boys I wish didn't like her! Rito is like, the worst, he's one of the journalism club's photographers, and a big huge pervert! Ever since Stardust Scout showed up, he's just constantly been talking with his friends about how he's going to get a picture up her dress one day! And even though I tell him to knock that off, he just thinks it's so funny! Ugh!

I! Koneko that is! Am like, super popular at school, thus the whole 'student council president' thing - we all know those are popularity contests, not about whether someone deserves to win or not. So like, here's the thing - boys like me because I'm cute, and funny, and girly, and all that! And girls like me because my family is pretty well off, so sleep overs and stuff were always a lot of fun, plus I am really smart and I tutor people for free during lunch sometimes! And I dunno, it all just added up, though Zabu-san says it's just because I am so happy and positive, and that it's more infectious to humans than the 'Voraxian Limno Virus', which I dunno what that means, but is probably the best compliment he ever gave me, so yay!(?)

quote:

What villain power do you hate most?

Zombies! Zombies and ghosts! Necromancy, raising the dead, anything dead should stay dead and should not walk around! Especially if they smell really bad and look really gross and are just ew, ew, ew ,ew ewwewewewweewew! Whyyyyy would anyone want to use that kind of power it's just so gross so completely disgusting and gross and ewwww. I hate it, hate hate hate HATE it, it's the worst power and I want to wish for it to never exist, if I ever had a chance to make a wish, because it is just that gross and terrible! Uuuugh, I need a bath just thinking about how gross they areee!!

quote:

Who makes your civilian life more difficult, and what does your family think of your secret identity?

Besides the guys like Rito... probably... hmm.. My little sister, Mai, is... I mean, I love her a lot, but she's really really difficult, because she always is the first person to loudly ask where I've been, or why I wasn't answering the door to my room when I've snuck out the window, or why I have to make my videos outdoors, or where my camera is when I'm coming home, or... just anything. She makes lying to my parents and friends about why I'm always out late really hard! Because uh, you see, my parents don't actually know about my secret identity. Dad wants me to grow up to be successful, like him - he's the lead editor at a really popular magazine - and Mom is such a worry wort that when she heard I got hit in the face by a baseball, she rushed to school and made me get like, twenty different kinds of scans on my head, because I might be permanently hurt and stuff. I remember when a cat scratched me once, we went to the emergency room because I might get an infection and die..

So uh, telling them isn't really an option, even if Mom thinks my costume is kinda cute. Dad says it's too short and that he would never let either of his daughters wear something like that, which is... kind of amusing, but also kind of worrying, because dad can be really, really strict!

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 3, 2016

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

It makes sense to learn to defend yourself in a city as dangerous as Neo Central City, but it makes less sense when you KO your instructor in a routine spar at the age of 7. That kind of poo poo is what got me on her radar. I bet my fellow students still don’t know where the hell I went, but I know they thought I was in load of trouble. Turns out, knocking that middle-aged geezer to the mat was (for all the good and the bad that’s come of it) the best thing I ever did. Without that old man’s crummy dojo, she never would have chosen me.

Got your attention did I? Figures, elder abuse is just one of the (relatively minor when you consider it) things dragging this city down. Apparently, one hit quitting your martial arts instructor actually means that you have the potential for greatness within you, and the power to actually make a difference. That’s the way she saw it. Strength is a force that must be tamed, harnessed, and put to good use. You can see what happens otherwise on the nine-o-clock news.

She’s a strange case, Sensei. She’s utterly powerful, I know it, but she gets more done with words than anyone I’ve ever seen. I don’t want to imply that she has powers of suggestion, but honestly, she could. There’s that much I don’t know about her. But here’s what I know: She’s good. Truly. Her training and values are the reason I didn’t break bad after my incident with the League. I mean, poo poo, I already know I look kinda like a bad guy. And after all that effort, and time, and pain, I could have easily gone that way. But she’s just that good. And I want to be that good.

quote:

Hero Name: (undefined)
Secret Identity: Hikaru Nakamura
Mask: Protégé
Look: Asian, Man, Casual Clothes, Simple Costume
Abilities: Superhuman Physique, Exceptional Martial Artist

Labels:

Freak: +1
Danger: 0
Savior: 0
Superior: +2
Mundane: 0

Moves

□Been Reading the Files:
You've read up on the superhuman world. When you encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll + Superior. On a hit, say the most important detail you read about from their last appearance. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what the files describe. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the files are painfully incomplete; the GM will tell you what's missing

□Be Mindful of Your Surroundings:
When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask 1 additional question, even on a miss.

□ Heroic Tradition:
When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you were a good leader or effective team mate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you and take +1 forward on using the label your mentor embodies.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a team to the pool.

If you let me on the team, I have a couple neat perks that we can make use of, save one, that’s, uhh, for me only..

quote:

Choose up to 3 resources that your mentor gave you and the team:
A medlab, a teleportal, and a weapon technique of last resort.

Oh, you wanna know a little about Sensei's nature?

quote:

Which Label does your mentor best exemplify, and which do they deny?
Embodies: You know, you’d think with how much I’ve talked her up she’d be some self-sacrificing savior type, but the one thing you never forget when you interact with her is how you can’t shake how in control she seems. How much more superior she is than you.
Deny: This one’s easy. For all her knowledge and wisdom in the martial realm, I’ve never once seen her actually strike someone. She has her own ways of avoiding danger.

Rauri posted:

1. What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

What made me decide to join? Getting the ever-living poo poo beaten out of me for making the mistake of trying to do good on my own. One moment I’m finishing knocking out the last of some orcs and the next I’m getting jumped by 3 League goons. Turns out, the League doesn’t like nice things being done without getting some loving credit thrown their way.
So no, I don’t think too highly of them. Us. But if these are the hoops I have to jump through to make a difference, I guess I’ll jump.

2.What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

You know, I only remember fleeting images. Shaggy hair, horrid breath, and some kind of armor. Let me clarify, this is one of the guys that gave my ribs a good kicking. A “hero.” They were all cowards, but this one had the nerve to spit in the face of the kid he just finished beating.

3. What do you like to do in your free time, and where do you like to hang out?

Rock climb, at those kinda dumb artificial places. I like the outdoors plenty, but I don’t want to get jumped by a bad guy while trying to make those foot-sandal things look cool. I play drums. Turns out being super in tune with the rhythm of battle also helps with, well, rhythm. I can’t say I like to hang out anywhere in particular, if the company is right I can be there. In my unknowledgeable defense, it’s not like I spent 10 years learning mystic and powerful martial arts while shunning society or anything. I mean, I was a kid for a while, but things changed fast.

4.(Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Pass for now

5.(Optional) A name for the thread, since the current one kinda sucks.

Honestly, knowing you, it should be SchoolGirl Crush, even if not 100% accurate.

So that's me.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 30, 2016

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Hero1, the Delinquent

quote:

Do you think there's anyone in the League of Heroes that could help your brother?

I've been trying to figure this out. Physically, I think the Iron Savior could do it, I'm sure. He's healed people before. His coma's another story though. The doctors are saying he's fine, like there's nothing wrong with him, for some reason he just won't wake up. I've been doing some research in the League database, and there used to be this D-list hero called Umbra who had the power to enter people's dreams. I guess she quit because they couldn't find a good use for her powers, lack of sleepwalking villains I guess. Anyway, maybe if she could enter his dreams she would know what's going on? I can't find any more information on her though, and apparently the League can't just give me her name real name, something about a right to privacy. But I'll find her.

quote:

Would you rather be feared or underestimated?

Let's make one thing very clear, when someone talks down to me and underestimates me, it just pisses me off big time. But proving someone wrong is such a good feeling, so I guess that can be alright. I don't like being feared. What kind of hero do you take me for?!

quote:

Tell me about a time that getting in close and swinging for the fences worked out for you.

Hah! There was this lame rear end villain called the Mirror Master who made these stupid illusion clones of himself. There must have been a hundred of them. Anyway, he starts taunting me, telling me I'll never find the real one, telling me his clones are all perfect illusions, sight, sound, smell, everything. So I just put on some psychic boxing gloves and started knocking em down one by one. I was flattening his stupid illusions faster than he could make em, until I finally found the real dude and laid him out in one punch. He was right, though, his illusions were really good.

-
Theme song!

And of course his VA sounds like Kanji Tatsumi

Silly thread name suggestion: In Japan they call this game Helmets

CHaKKaWaKka fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 29, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rauri posted:

What keeps you going when things are most hopeless?

That's kind of a rough question. I guess...Because when I mess someone up, I don't leave them that way. Even criminals and actual monsters don't deserve to be stuck as a pile of puzzle pieces for however long the curse takes to wear off--if it wears off without help. It varies a lot.

Rauri posted:

What other victim of the Puzzle Maker have you heard of that's become a Villain?

I've only heard of him, but Cross Words is another of the Puzzle Maker's victims. His power is...weird. If he's holding an unsolved crossword puzzle, he can summon stuff from it. Cassandra's not sure what else the curse did to him, but when she met him, he seemed "weird".

Rauri posted:

What keeps you going when things are most hopeless?

I've been alone for a long time and I learned a long time ago that I was on my own. I knew that my Dad was out there, that he loved me, that he was just trying to provide for me...but I also knew that if I was going to stand, it was going to be by myself or not at all. I have Cassandra now, but she has her own issues; so when things seem most hopeless I have to look inside myself for strength.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Rauri posted:

CODE, the Outsider - What lead do you have on tracking down Telos? What in the base have you upgraded with your technology, and what about its new functions did your teammates find surprising? Some heroes have catchphrases or signature poses - do you have any of either of those for yourself yet?

The Telos sapient is a very clever individual, and difficult to locate even after the very visible acts it has committed! But it leaves traces whenever it accesses the internet. I've been tracking those traces in my spare time, though it is difficult and infuriatingly slow - one advantage organic sapients have over my people is the lack of obvious trails to follow in a digital medium - and narrowed down its potential locations to somewhere within this city. Which is still a large and populated area, but not so large and populated as this entire planet, at least!

I do not understand the organic desire for spending so much time in a shower - it's a receptacle for cleaning, but I have seen people on recorded dramas treat it as an object of pleasure? It's most perplexing, and such an inefficient use of time and heated water! Thankfully, we will no longer have to deal with that dilemma. I have modified our base's shower receptacle to wash, clean and dry the organic body's exterior in a rapidly efficient manner, completing the process in approximately 30 seconds! I am sure that my team-mates will be ecstatic at the aid I have provided in saving them time and saving our base energy!

The concept of signature phrases and poses is a particularly intriguing one to me, an obvious marker of individuality and 'brand' that my people do not even conceive of. I have studied countless heroes' signatures and am proud to announce I have composed one of my own using the median markers derived from what is appealing from the multitude I have observed - it consists of a triumphant shout of positive words people react strongly to, and rapid spinning while airborne! I eagerly await the opportunity to display it after a successful adventure in the future!

(Also, courtesy of Godfish's image editing, CODE now has a picture in my initial application post)

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Questions Round 1

The Amazing Amazon, the Legacy - What's been the weirdest part of being a quasi-celebrity? What plan have you come up with to try and rank up, despite the dearth of opportunities in Zone Twenty-Three? What does your limiter release do exactly, and what does it look and sound like to others?

Kamaitachi, the Transformed - What lieutenant of your father's was recently active in the city, and what do you think it means? Does Idzuna always try and help, or has he messed with you and given bad advice before? What's the worst another citizen or Hero has made you feel since your death?

Hikaru Nakamura, the Protege - Tell me more about your Sensei, and one of her lessons you've taken to heart. Now tell me about something she's wrong about. Who have you defeated or what have you done recently to be able to claim being an "exceptional martial artist"?

In addition to your individual questions, everyone please answer the two following: What Rank should you actually be? What's your greatest weakness?

---------------------------------

Questions Round 2

Monster Herald Nine, the Doomed - What signs are there before a Kaiju rises up from the depths, and have you noticed any recently? What does your mom think about the terminal nature of your powers? What false rumor about the Monster Heralds is there that you've had to deal with?

Elegant Prince, the Janus - What responsibilities do you still have as an Elite Kaijudomon Master? Who have you told your secret identity, and who has come perilously close to having discovered it on their own? If you decided to open your own Gym, what elements would it focus on and what would it look like?

Mnemosyne, the Doomed - What did you find in the Tower that belonged to one of its previous occupants and should have disappeared, but didn't? Do you think there's any way to stop the Mist forever, or are you truly Doomed? What, in this entire world, makes you happiest?

---------------------------------

RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED. I will allow another day or two to allow everyone to get questions answered, and then will make picks on Sunday or Monday for both teams.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 29, 2016

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Rauri posted:

Elegant Prince, the Janus - What responsibilities do you still have as an Elite Kaijudomon Master? Who have you told your secret identity, and who has come perilously close to having discovered it on their own? If you decided to open your own Gym, what elements would it focus on and what would it look like?

Endorsements, publicity tours, public service commercials to stay in school, that sort of thing. Oh and to meet the minimum number of Kaijudomon battles for the season with ranked opponents. Also there was one of those checklist waiver things about how Master trainers have to come in and help if there's an issue regarding the "integrity and standing of Kaijudomon battles" which I don't even know? What would that even involve?
Basically a contract provision for battles with Mewtwo/Team MAGMA

Well like I said my mom knows since she helped me sign up for Kaijudomon in the first place and drove me to all those tournament qualifiers, and Larry knows because he's a jerk and well uh... I don't have too many other friends. I mean, I have friends at school and I know other trainers that I'm friendly with and I think they'd consider us to be friends but we're not really close that way. I guess the closest I came to telling someone else about my 'secret identity' was Eri Eri Emi. I felt really bad for her when her fans and the internet were all blowing up at her and I wanted to tell her that I'm a girl too and I worry about the same thing. But then some girl from my fanclub literally fell out of the background (she'd been hiding in the backdrop for the arena set we were in for like five hours with a stungun and autograph book) and tried to throw acid at Emi for being a "double timing dirty slut who didn't know real love when she had it," because apparently she thought that we were dating from all the time we spent together. Which wasn't the case you know, we were just friends and I wanted to closer to another girl who made it to the Elite tournament bracket. Honestly the whole fanclub thing is super stressful to me because those people watch and judge everything you do, 24/7 without blinking. I want to do less Kaijudomon and more something boring and ordinary like fighting monsters for justice until the interest dies down and somebody else catches their attention.

I like books and I like plants so I guess my Gym would be an outdoorsy one? Maybe a forest preserve or park where I can put up some take and borrow book shelves? That way Karapple can hang out doing tree stuff and I can read in the shade. Most local Kaijudomon gyms are small scale and municipal-funded or the hobby project of some rich guy, but the big national or international Elite Gyms get funding and prize support from the League in exchange for advertising and broadcasting rights. Those are the ones that are like a big huge indoor underwater arena or the giant tower that goes halfway into outer space or a volcano research lair. I've honestly thought about it, because after you beat the Elite Seven and get your Master License one of the things they ask you is if you want to open a big gym. But then it'd be really hard to keep my identity secret for lots of reasons, official tax records and regular commutes, etc.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'm a bit too lacking on inspiration and time to get something together like I hoped originally, so I'm going to bow out on putting together an app. Good luck to everyone!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

quote:

Slipstream, the Beacon - What all are you willing to do to further your reputation? Who or what is holding you back from the Fame and Popularity you deserve? Is the bat you carry special too, or do you just like having a bat handy?
What Rank What Weakness

Anything. Well, anything that isn't like, literally killing a dude (Unless they deserve it) Turning into a villain (Unless there's a really good reason) betraying the team (Unless they all turn out to be zombies or something) or the like. Um, I'd definitely, probably, go out on my own or join other teams. gently caress, if I could get a solo villain kill? That would be goddamn SWEET man. I would own it. I would be a star, a hero, a... well, I'm already a hero. I'd be a STAR! I just... I want that dream. Cereal boxes, cereal boxes. I'm going to be on the cover of Super-Heroes Weekly or some poo poo! Do you know how CRAZY loving COOL That would be? Man. I'd do just about anything, I think.

Oh, what's holding me back? First of all, this @#$%@# D RANK BULLSHIT What the gently caress nerds I'm at LEAST A B, I can kick your rear end, loving testerman. I might not have powers but I've got a baseball bat. But now I gotta work my way up the SLOW way, the BORING way, UUUUUUUUUUUGH.Okay. Like, I should have been a B. I bet my dad rigged the test. No way I could be lower, otherwise. I might not be A or S rank yet, but I do NOT deserve this @#$@#%@ BULLSHIT. And my DAD. Ugh, my dad. HE doesn't WANT me to be a hero. He just wants me to be a computer programmer or, like, the next Tony Hawk or whatever. But that's not what I WANT, DAD. He helps, but... Mmn. I had to basically sneak my contract with Lancaster Sporting Goods RND behind his back to get my fancy gadgets and all, you know?

And my bat?
It's... it's just a bat. It's a nice bat, but it's a bat. It's good for hitting things.

My weakness? Uh, I guess flying? It's hard to deal with flying people. And like, I don't like fire, because getting burned sucks?

Actually, Slipstream's greatest weakness is that she's an rear end in a top hat.

Nea fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 1, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What lieutenant of your father's was recently active in the city, and what do you think it means?

Nekomata is yōkai, and part of the Six Billion Demon Army, she works for my dad as a spy, I think. She's always showing up where she shouldn't, and usually it's to give a message, or take something that Tenmaou really needs. She's an expert thief, but I think she has her own agenda. She likes to play with people. I know that dad generally prefers to keep "casualties" low, keep his honor, but she... She's different. She doesn't care who she hurts, or who dies, only that she gets to play beforehand. Idzuna really hates her and she... makes me uncomfortable. (I don't really like cats.)

Does Idzuna always try and help, or has he messed with you and given bad advice before?

Idzuna is my psychopomp, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have free will. When I first got on the other side, he didn't help me much at all. He couldn't just "ditch me", like he planned, we're linked and I always found him, and the world is pretty hostile to those from the spirit world. I don't think he respects me, but he does teach me a lot. I know it makes me sound like I'm really dumb keeping him around but... He does lie to me a lot, and leads me down the wrong path. He says it's part of learning, to fail. And you know, it actually has made me stronger, and a little less naive. He also knows that if I lose control, he loses his pardon and when Yama King gets a hold of him... I don't really know what happens when a spirit is banished. It's not like dying, dying doesn't end you like people say it does. Banishment does.

What's the worst another citizen or Hero has made you feel since your death?

When I first started wearing the red cloak, I was glad because it kind of hid the parts of myself I wasn't happy about showing other people. Wrapped up in cloth and soulsteel, I thought I could hide. But I'm not stupid. I know they gave me this costume because it's scary. I know how to use that, because fear... Fear is not a bad thing to feel, sometimes. It's what kept spirits and mortals in their own world for so long, before everything got so crazy. All I want is to help people, and sometimes scaring them away from where they would otherwise get hurt is part of it.

Um... This one time, I sped through a fire. It burned just like it would you, even if it didn't harm me, it hurt me a lot. I could feel myself becoming less... alive. I had to do it though. I could hear the girl sobbing and no one else was around to help her. Yet, with my cloak burning, my eyes glowing red as I could feel my grip fading, I reached out... and my hand was that black, skeletal thing. Not a human thing. She saw me, and she saw only death. And her sobs became screams, and they didn't stop. Even as I carried her out, she kept screaming. When I gave her to her mother, she kept screaming...

They didn't thank me. And... I know I shouldn't want it. But can't they see I just want to help? Can't they see that I'm good?

There was this other time though... I don't think they meant anything by it... I shouldn't talk badly about the other team members though, should I?

I think that if you want to be A- or S-Rank, you gotta be more than powerful. You have to be a symbol, an icon people can look up to. (Whaat? No, not like an idol... Stop bringing that up!) I'm serious. You need to embody something good to be there and I'm... not that, not yet. I still don't feel right even thinking of myself there, even if I was powerful enough. One day though, I hope to be.

Other than turning into a demon whenever I'm angry or hurt or sad, and being trapped inside this suit of armor for the rest of my, uh, life? Sorry... I didn't want to be mean about it. It's just...

This is really dumb.

This is really dumb, please, it's in my file and it's really embarrassing and...

Um, ok.

It's onions.

No, I don't know why. It's true for all yōkai. The smell of onions makes us cry. I know it does for humans too but... You really don't understand how this feels for us. If you threw an onion at the face of Yama King, he would cry like a little baby and run away... You really shouldn't do that though. It can actually really hurt them. It disrupts their glamour and magic. It reveals us for what we are.

I just uh... tell my friends I'm allergic. You really shouldn't tell them. They'll think it's funny... And it's not.

It's really serious!...

Yeah, it's a little funny.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rauri posted:

Questions Round 2

Monster Herald Nine, the Doomed - What signs are there before a Kaiju rises up from the depths, and have you noticed any recently?
Usually, there's weird weather patterns for a while beforehand. Snow in summer, rain on and off every five minutes, weird cloud patterns. They're the most visible - it's our reality and theirs trying to co-exist - and it can happen months in advance. It's been happening for a while now, and it's getting worse. I don't know when one will break through, but it'll be soon.

Generally, that all happens up until the Quake, which is when it breaks through into our reality. It's like the name says - a big earthquake, felt around the world. You can kinda pinpoint wheere it's come through at that point, and go to deal with it. Plus, bad weather follows Kaiju whevever they go

I hope it's not him.

quote:

What does your mom think about the terminal nature of your powers?

She's... resigned to it, I guess. I know she had to undergo the same stuff as I did, but... she had the support of the big leagues. I don't. I'm sure she cares, really, but... she wouldn't have let me get stuck here if she really, really cared. She's retired now, by the way. I don't see a lot of her - she got a job in... accounting, she ays. I don't believe that.

quote:

What false rumor about the Monster Heralds is there that you've had to deal with?

We eat people.

Like, ew, no we don't. We're normal, same as you or me. But some kids at class have been spreading rumors that, as we turn more Kaiju, we start eating people like they do. People don't sit near me at lunch anymore. I've had to cover my face when I go out so I don't scare people, and even that's not enough sometimes.

Like I need more trouble piled on top of me. Great. Well, I don''t care what they think - they need me. And I'm going to help them, people-eating or no.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mnemosyne, the Doomed
What did you find in the Tower that belonged to one of its previous occupants and should have disappeared, but didn't?
I found my grandmother's journal.

It fell out of one of the bookcases when I was moving things around to make my darkroom. I've turned the tower upside down looking for something from mom... but no such luck. Still... I never got to meet my grandmother, so it's nice to have a little bit of her around. Her name was Helena Pine, and as it turned out, she didn't join up with the League. She just lived here in tower, never doing anything to get the attention of the League. Most of it is some (pretty good) poetry or records of experiments on the vault. But, a few years into the journal, she adopted mom. The poetry still crops up, but the experiments taper off as mom gets older. Most of it is talking about raising mom, and how she's been trying to teach her how to take care of herself.

I hadn't known that mom was adopted. ...Or maybe I did, and that's just one of the things I forgot. I don't know how Helena could have lived like that, thought. Just thinking about staying in the tower almost all the time... it just sounds too sad. But, it did sound like she really loved mom, and towards the end, she seems resigned, but happy. She's really proud of how well mom is doing, and it sounds like she's sure that mom could take care of herself. Which... is nice. I like the idea that she was happy when she passed.

Do you think there's any way to stop the Mist forever, or are you truly Doomed?
I've... sort of had an idea. The problem is that... stuff... is leaking out of the vault, right? So, that means there is a problem with the initial ward. If I fixed it and sealed up the holes, it couldn't get out, ever again.

But fixing it... It's not just like plugging a hole. The whole spell is a big, interlocking thing, and covering up parts of it would just cause interference in other parts. So, I'd have to completely tear down the ward and rebuild it from scratch. But, I don't think... what's inside the vault is going to cooperate and just stay put, and there's no way I can do it by myself.

So, yes, I guess I am Doomed.

What, in this entire world, makes you happiest?
I know it's corny, but I really love spending time with my friends as regular ol' Linda. I said that Jenny is my best friend, but I get along with pretty much everyone in the painting lessons in the park. Afterwards, we usually get some lunch and chat about the week. Usually, I do enough normal things each week that I don't even have worry about bringing up anything I shouldn't.

For a little bit, I can pretend that I don't have this big doom hanging over my shoulder.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Rauri posted:

Hikaru Nakamura, the Protege - Tell me more about your Sensei, and one of her lessons you've taken to heart.
One of the first things I learned is there is no substitute for strength. The strong are strong. Look around you, the entire way the world works is proof. A presumptive league of heroes has a monopoly on helping people, of all things. I tried to do things my own way, and wasn’t strong enough effect real change. Not yet, anyways.

quote:

Now tell me about something she's wrong about.

She’s far more patient than me. Believes in the power of her words. If that’s the case, why did she teach me? I have this knowledge and ability, and it needs to be used for something. So while she tries to complete her circuitous gambit to thwart Baroness Batshit or whomever, maybe I’ll rough up some henchmen. Unless that makes me Sensei’s henchman. Crap.

quote:

Who have you defeated or what have you done recently to be able to claim being an "exceptional martial artist"?

I guess I deserve this for opening with a story about getting basically jumped. You know when the leader of the Metal Bat street gang stumbled into the 23rd Precinct concussed and almost incoherent, asking to be locked up? Yeah, all me. And that goon was a solid C class. Funnily enough, that was before my unceremonious welcome to Reality. That jerk must have snitched to the League that I was off the books.

quote:

What rank should I be? D is perfectly fine. I’m a blank slate in the eyes of the League, but if this team can reach the potential I think it has, we’ll be climbing in no time.

Weaknesses? Like I’m going to just TELL you my weaknesses? What the hell kind of pupil would I be if I couldn’t follow such a simple lesson from Sensei as

Sensei posted:

“Give nothing away to your opponent, such that they may turn it against you”
I bet you got some real amateurs spilling their guts here, don’t you?

Hikaru is prone to bouts of judgment-clouding overconfidence.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Rauri posted:

Questions Round 1

The Amazing Amazon, the Legacy - What's been the weirdest part of being a quasi-celebrity?

...I saw this online, when I was googling my hero name. Why?

Rauri posted:

What plan have you come up with to try and rank up, despite the dearth of opportunities in Zone Twenty-Three?

Right, I figure, if Frogger can come into my zone and steal some villains, I don't see why I can't be... "visiting" another zone during my time off, and "accidentally" run into a villain or a monster and stop them. As long as they're impressive enough I should get enough ranks to be moved into an area with actual things to do. Or, failing that, I'll challenge the last C ranked hero to a friendly duel for the rank. That is allowed, right?

Rauri posted:

What's been the weirdest part of being a quasi-celebrity? What plan have you come up with to try and rank up, despite the dearth of opportunities in Zone Twenty-Three? What does your limiter release do exactly, and what does it look and sound like to others?

The Limiter Release unlocks the true power of the human body! Everyone knows your body doesn't use more than like, 5% of the muscles in it, or something, because it'd damage them, or something, but it'll let you use them in life and death situations, where it doesn't matter if you shred your arm muscles because you'd have been eaten by a tiger or something. Its like that, except our bodies (people in the Amazing Amazon line) can take it! Also, it releases some of the Spiritual Energy blockers, which can make it a bit hard for people around me to stay there, and it makes me almost double in height! I'm eight feet tall when I release my limiter!

...Look, I didn't say it was exactly like using more of your muscles. It is a super power.

Rauri posted:

Right now? Probably like... Low A Ranked. I'll need to get more practice and experience before I could really be an S ranked hero, though I've already got the power for it.

Rauri posted:

My Greatest weakness? None!

...I guess... people making fun of my height? It pisses me off.

A lot.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Alright, picks time. Extremely sorry to those of you I couldn't fit onto a team - If I had more freetime I'd be running a third thread, since literally every app I got was good / one I'd want to MC for, but sadly that's not the case. Thanks again for having applied. As for the two teams, we have...

Team 1
Red Witch, the Nova
Jumping Flash, the Beacon
Stardust Scout, the Janus
Nemesis, The Bull
Mnemosyne, the Doomed
Kamaitachi, the Transformed

and, reporting to this new OOC thread, we have...

Team 2
Slipstream, the Beacon
Zero Fighter, the Bull
Junior Jumble, the Transformed
CODE, the Outsider
Amazing Amazon, the Legacy
Punch Prodigy, the Protege

Now that the teams have been selected, it's time to do the initial stuff before I can get the gamethreads up. Team 2, please do all posts for this in the new OOC thread I just made for you.

NOTE: I will have a GoogleDoc up later with info on the shared setting, like NPC lists / organizations that've been encountered / some very rough sort of timeline, etc. Both teams will utilize this same document.

Anyways, before I can start up the IC thread, here's what I need from all of you in Team 1.
- Answer the "When our Team First Came Together" prompts for each team member.
- Relationships.
- Influence, the sheet for which is right here.
- Your vote for Team Captain for your team. Don't vote for yourself please.
- If you want to rename the Team or your base, vote for it here too.

I'll be working on the infodoc / OP while you all get this accomplished. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in IRC.

EDIT: Forgot some stuff.

Team One is still going to be in Zone Twenty-Three. You're all based out of the following building - it used to be a Shinto Shrine, but a few years ago it closed, was recently bought by the league, and has now been provided to you all. It's not really setup to be a base for superheros, but at least its in the center of the Zone, right?

Current Tags: +Accessible, +Serene, -Secure, -Small

Rauri fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 1, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

quote:

1. Bull
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

This freak. Necrothorn, she calls herself. She has the ability to control bones, as well as make weapons out of blood. From what I've read about her, she's some sort of cult leader. Also, pretty drat creepy. I'm not sure I want to know where the bones she uses come from...

We busted her hideout a few days ago. Thanks to the element of surprise plus overwhelming firepower, we beat her - but I'm not certain we could in an even fight...

quote:

Jumping Flash is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

I told everyone about DEUS and what they did to me. ... And why I showed up on TV mauling some of the top heroes. What I didn't intend to tell anyone is the fact that... I can't remember a lot of my past. Only bits and pieces, here and there.

But she? Something about her... just makes me like her. A lot. She's just so... enthusiastic, friendly, and brave. Despite having such a useless power... She's pretty much my opposite. Maybe opposites really do attract?

Anyway, I ended up blurting out to her how I have memory loss, and how afraid of DEUS I still am.

quote:

Stardust Scout is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

So, Stardust Scout? She's kind of... an idiot. She doesn't seem to understand that some people deserve to get punched through a wall. When we were fighting Necrothorn, she tried to tell me "No, don't punch her through that wall, she needs to go to jail blabla"...

Necrothorn survived that, by the way. So I don't see the problem. And maybe she'll actually have a reminder why she shouldn't be such a creepy freak.

Also, voting Stardust Scout as the leader and Kan'on Six for team name.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 1, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

quote:

We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

We found a letter in Necrothorn's hideout. It didn't have the name of a sender, but it was definitely a call to action, talking about "using our combined might to bring the League to its knees." We have reason to believe this isn't the only copy of this letter in a villain's hands.

quote:

Kamaitachi is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.

quote:

You've got to prove yourself to Stardust Scout before you feel like a real hero.

quote:

You are so excited to be here. Give influence over you to three of your teammates.

Nemesis
Stardust Scout
Mnemosyne

Stardust as leader!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 1, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

quote:

We saved the life of someone important, either to the city, or to us. Who was it? Why are they important?

So we weren't like, super prepared when we went after the Necrothorn creepy lady - with powers that I hate, mind, ew ew ew, but we didn't even know that the fabulous amazing awesome popstar Ai Kanno had been kidnapped and was in the base, tied up to a wall and oh my gosh, we saved her though!!! And like, apparently the villain was a really, really, reeeallly creepy fan of hers, who wanted to like, kidnap her and ew, ew, ew, keep her bones or someting it's just really, really gross, okay, like why would anyone be that creepy ewww. So anyways, they're super important for like, the most obvious of reasons - I mean, they personally thanked us, and like, now all her fans kinda love us, so we have like, tons of fans, even though we're just starting!

A-and I got her autograph....

quote:

Tetsuya knew you from your civilian life first.

Kamatachi used to be Tetsuya, who was in the journalism club! He was pretty nice, even if we weren't the closest! Luckily he doesn't know Stardust Scout is Koneko! No one on the team does yet!

quote:

You refused to tell Mnemosyne your secret identity when they asked.

Aaah, I felt kinda bad about it when she asked, because like, yay magical girl solidarity right? But I have a secret identity for a reason... maybe some day I'll tell her, but aaaa... not today....

quote:

You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them influence over you.

Going to give influence to Mnemosyne and Jumping Flash

Voting for Jumping Flash as leader.

Also voting to name the team Moonlight Magi

12:39 Krysmbot KittyEmpress, 7+3 = 10

12:39 KittyEmpress When time passes, roll + your Mundane to see how you're managing your obligations. On a 10+, things are going okay---you have an opportunity or advantage thanks to one of your obligations.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 1, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

When our team first came together...
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?
It was our fault. None of us were ready, and Necrothorn... she knew it, and pushed us. She kept making us choose between her or saving others. Her hideout was not hidden out in the middle of nowhere, it was just beneath downtown Zone 23. We were the ones that attacked, too... I think that's why Chief Star is now our enemy. Chief Star, he isn't a hero, he's not even empowered, but he wants to protect this city too, I know he has good intentions. But he's always looking for a reason to push the League out of the way in favor of the municipal NSDF (Neo Self Defense Force). And... he was right, at least then. We defeated Necrothorn, but we didn't make sure to make it so that we didn't put other people at danger. He's wrong about us being a menace, though. We have to prove it to him.

Mnemosyne comforted you when you are your lowest. After we were all feeling defeated after we saw what happened with Necrothorn, nobody had the heart to smile. Even Stardust Scout seemed weakened, though she did a lot to try and comfort all of us. I could sense that there was fear, but Mnemosyne, she didn't have any when she she lifted my helmet for the first time. I was half-transformed, and I shouldn't have let her. But when she got me to smile, and I think that helped all of us. There is nothing that can bring Linda down, and I aspire to be as strong as her.

Koneko Hoshino knew you before you were changed. I was part of the journalism club, and I still sometime talk with Koneko, who is an amazing person, she was in the class above me and always trying to do everything possible to make all of us be the best she can be. I was... a little surprised she contacted me, and wasn't quite as shocked as I expected considering she wrote my school memorial and obituary at Nijuban. But I was glad to have at least one, "normal" friend.

You try not to care what other people think, even if it isn't going too well. Give Influence to one teammate.
Red Witch. Tetsuya has a poorly hidden crush on Ash, and awestruck by his sorcery.

Kamaitachi votes Stardust Scout as team captain. It's not just because she's the brightest of us. She's also the most good. It's exactly what I was talking about. If any of us deserve to be A- or S-ranked... Well, I mean, with a little more training. OK, probably a lot more. Idzuna and Zabu-san may not get along... but I trust Stardust Scout completely.

For the team name and name for the shrine, I nominate for them to be linked. Kanzeon Shrine, so we are the Kan'on Six, which has fun wordplay and also invokes the aspect of Guanyin as someone who answers the suffering of people, rather than being detached from it, and it's relatively generic in theme otherwise. Plus I like *thing* *number* team names.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 3, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

quote:

We destroyed our surroundings in the fight. Where was it? What did we destroy?

Necrothorne's hideout was hidden in the bottom level of a mall. We went in and did our best. But, uh, between Nemesis punching her through the wall and me missing a few blasts, we, uh...kind of wrecked the foundation and collapsed the building. Luckily people had been evacuated earlier, but still...

Relationships

quote:

You hang out all the time with Nemesis, to blow off steam.

So me and Nemesis are really the only ones at the base most of the time. Since almost everyone else is at school. And, well, I guess with that and the fact that she's very, very tough (so that I don't have to worry about hurting her), we started hanging out.

quote:

You once hurt Mnemosyne when you lost control of your powers.

Back when we first started working together, I wanted to show Mnemosyne a bit of what I could do since she asked. Except that instead of a small demonstration I uh, kind of accidently put too much power into what I was doing and there was a very big explosion. Thankfully she managed to recover.

Influence

quote:

If you choose happy facade, give influence to 3 teammates.

Stardust Scout

Nemesis

Mnemosyne

Vote for Team Leader: Stardust Scout

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 2, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

quote:

We paid a high cost for victory. What was it?

Basically, we're stuck with this guy.

See, that fight we had with Necrothorn was a big, big mess. We weren't ready for it, and while we won (...sorta), there was a lot of collateral damage. So, not only do we have to help fix the place we wrecked (Which is totally not fair, by the way. Necrothorn's the one who did all the damage!), we have Takana underfoot.

He's not even ranked as an empowered! He works with the League as a trainer and detective. So, now he's living in the temple (which was already really cramped!), bossing us around! It's totally not fair!

Background

quote:

You told Nemesis all about your doom and the danger you're in.

I'm still not really sure what brought Nemesis by my tower. I was working on a painting when Rock told me I had a visitor, and she was basically the last of my team members I expected to make a house call. But, that just means that this was a rare opportunity! So, I had Rock brew us up some tea, and I showed her some of the paintings I was working on. She was nice enough, and then... I don't know what it was. Maybe it was that the park painting class hadn't met, and I'd been stressed for weeks. Maybe... I just wanted someone on the team to know. So they could help me without having my having to explain every little thing. But, whatever the reason, I broke down and told her what was in the basement. I told her everything.

It was dumb. I know it was dumb. I almost tried to take it back as soon as I did it. You know... make her not remember it. But... I guess, out of anyone on the team, she'd understand what it was like to have a big, ominous doom hanging over her head. I told her not to tell anyone, that telling more people will only make it worse.

But it's out of my hands now.

quote:

You'd love to kiss Kamaitachi before your doom comes.
Kamaitachi's really sweet! Like, yeah, normally he looks like he could be starring in some horror movie that'd be on the seventh sequel by now, but he's a real softie. Also, I know he says he's a demon, but I've seen him around the temple when he doesn't have that helmet of his on. And not only did he look pretty normal (you know, for a guy floating around with a giant scythe, knight's armor, and billowing red cloak), but he's really cute.

Influence

quote:

These people matter for what you need to do. Give Influence to two of your teammates.

If I was going to try and properly seal the vault, I'd want to get everyone on board, but... the two most important people would be Stardust Sentry and Kamaitachi. They're both magical heroes, and they seem to have everything under control, more or less.

Mnemosyne joins in the chorus of voting for Stardust Scout as team leader.

I like Kan'non Six as far as team names go.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 2, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

In case anyone missed them, Setting Infodoc and NPC Sheet.

Should hopefully have game thread up tomorrow.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

IC thread is up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

H E L P

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I love everything about this.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I love everything about this.

Not an empty quote.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry about holding up, I'll have some time tonight, been a rough few days and need some more sleep before I can do much, only awake due to Obligations. Thanks for understanding.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I just noticed on rereading a few posts, but Mnemosyne still has a secret identity. She's not really told anyone on the team yet, because she likes the idea of pretending to be normal and forgetting about her DOOM!, which is harder if her super-powered teammates could recognize her on the street. As far as anyone in town knows, Linda is a normal, if a little flakey, girl who must surely live somewhere around here, even if no one has ever seen her house before.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 29, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

GETTERMAN BACKGROUND CHECK

Relationships
You've been learning about Earth by spending watching TV and making unlicensed and licensed toys on various heroes, especially stardust scout She's been a real hit with the young girls. He even go some voice samples and so she shouts some of her magical attacks!

You have a crush on Jumping Flash but you really don't understand the emotions that are overwhelming your thoughts in regard to Jumping Flash so instead he reads up on her

Influence
Cheerful: If you're cheerful, then you're thrilled to be here. Give everyone influence over you

No When they first came together since I am coming in late.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 13, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hey! I already asked in IRC and got agreements from everyone (besides scary bagel ;) ) about it - but if you could, please wait until tomorrow afternoon to post. I plan to go down to the library to make a post directing people and leading, since my computer is broken, and that's way easier when everyone hasn't already posted and run off first!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Wait, this is back on? What's going on???

Question marks!?!?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Capfalcon posted:

Wait, this is back on? What's going on???

Question marks!?!?

The answer is getterman.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Background
I love watching all the old Getterman shows! My mom had them all recorded, so it was a way for me to share something with her. But this new guy... he's gotta be some kind of fake. Only kids think Getterman's real!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Prompts are mostly done but I'm just too tired to finish them - they'll be up in twenty four hours though, or I'm letting godfish pick a new avatar for me.

EDIT: Of course family stuff comes up - will try to have them done asap, but not willing to let godfish give me a crappy AV due to circumstances outside of my control.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 22, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Was popping in to suggest a road hog av, but now I feel like a button. :x

Hope everything's ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sorry to do this to all of you, but I'm ending this game. I'm just not in the right frame of mind to be in many games right now, I'm sorry.

• Locked thread