Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Current Update Status:

Good thing that I'm still compiling for the pig video :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Oh wow this is some messy poo poo right here, I love it! Now I wanna check out this other game for real.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

For anyone who doesn't follow the Steam gifting thread, officially-certified Cool Dudetm StealthArcher is giving this game away!

If you don't own this game yet, you should probably get in on it!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Finished the game myself today, it's pretty fun.

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
Looks like the OP has decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Should be back some soon. Donuts has been working on them (we did the commentary a little bit ago), but he's also been dealing with work. Cause he's a busta.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

Should be back some soon. Donuts has been working on them (we did the commentary a little bit ago), but he's also been dealing with work. Cause he's a busta.
No worries, glad he's doing okay but work is work, and there's no Wei around it :v:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
HELLO

:siren:(Holy poo poo an update)Video 16: Meet The New Boss with JossiRossi!

Holy poo poo I'm back. Things are finally settling down some. Sorry to keep you waiting.

E: Ahaha, and in truly classic fashion the audio didn't save properly so the final cutscene is too soft. :smithicide:

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 25, 2013

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?
Glad to see the videos back! No uncut audio this time, or were you both in reverent silence for the cut-scenes?

Spoilered for people haven't watched the video yet: I understood that the reason for the shoot-out starting was because Big Smile Lee was going to take *all* of Winston's cut of the operation, i.e. what Wei should be taking home after inheriting that position, meaning that they'd basically be Big Smile Lee's cronies now rather than a distinct arm of the Triad.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Xarlaxas posted:

Glad to see the videos back! No uncut audio this time, or were you both in reverent silence for the cut-scenes?

Frankly, what we said during the cutscenes wasn't really funny enough to merit the extra encoding time. :shobon: Sorry.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Xarlaxas posted:

Spoilered for people haven't watched the video yet: I understood that the reason for the shoot-out starting was because Big Smile Lee was going to take *all* of Winston's cut of the operation, i.e. what Wei should be taking home after inheriting that position, meaning that they'd basically be Big Smile Lee's cronies now rather than a distinct arm of the Triad.

Yeah, that's my understanding of it, too. Moreover, I kind of saw it as Big Smile Lee somewhat admitting to being behind the wedding shootout, and if he wasn't, then Wei must very well have interpreted it that way.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I love all the names they give to the Red Pole officers. Big Smile Lee, Broken Nose Jiang, and Fat Happiness (not his real name, I forget).

Anyway, glad that this LP is back.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

CzarChasm posted:

I love all the names they give to the Red Pole officers. Big Smile Lee, Broken Nose Jiang, and Fat Happiness (not his real name, I forget).

It's like with XCOM. Once you advance past a certain rank, you get a nickname assigned to you.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

CzarChasm posted:

Broken Nose Jiang's nose doesn't look like it was ever broken. Does that mean that she earned her name by having a thing for breaking other people's noses?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
I'm glad to see this return! The antics of Wei Shen, murderer extraordinaire, are really fun to watch.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Crigit posted:

Broken Nose Jiang's nose doesn't look like it was ever broken. Does that mean that she earned her name by having a thing for breaking other people's noses?

In that case Wei's name would be Broken Leg Wei.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

David D. Davidson posted:

In that case Wei's name would be Broken Leg Wei.

Well, he's only been around a couple of months. Give it a while and Legsnapper Wei will be the scariest triad in town.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
My word. Wei Shen is either the best cop, or the worst cop.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

My word. Wei Shen is either the best cop, or the worst cop.

He might be both at once.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

I haven't even touched this game since the last video because I seriously don't want to spoil the LP for myself :allears:

Welcome back Donuts, I've missed you and this wonderful chaos, this is a wonderful thing to come back to after a long night.
Jesus christ you got REALLY good at headshots didn't you?

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Oh man, I just noticed that there's been an influx of new posts in this thread, clicked it, and sure enough, the LP's back! And what a comeback it is, too - that mission looked like a hell of a lot of fun.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
It feels really lame and egotystical but I always enjoy watching these after having done commentary. I rarely recall the wierd poo poo I say, like comparing the game to Pacman at one point. I stand by the statement though. Totally was like Pacman.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Speedball posted:

He might be both at once.

So he's Schrödinger's Cop? :thejoke:

Also, good to have you back! I gotta say, "Broken Nose Jiang" is kind of a rude name for a female mob boss. And I laughed a whole lot when Wei said it.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

It feels really lame and egotystical but I always enjoy watching these after having done commentary. I rarely recall the wierd poo poo I say, like comparing the game to Pacman at one point. I stand by the statement though. Totally was like Pacman.

It's not egotistical or lame to enjoy watching the video if you're in it. :ssh:

:siren:Video 17: Justice:siren:

All that I can say is that I've been waiting a very long time to post this video and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as Rossi and I did. :kimchi:

Kerris
Jul 12, 2006
Don't you fucking dare compliment a woman's voice on the forums, you fucking creepy stalker.
Is the 720p/1080p version gone for everyone or just me? :(

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Oh my gods, that was glorious. I am neigh on speechless.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Kerris posted:

Is the 720p/1080p version gone for everyone or just me? :(

It's not just you. Though I'm not sure if it's a problem on chocolate donuts' end or mine.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like to imagine that Jiang was a scrapper in her youth and got punched out once, then went on a rampage where she killed all her enemies while wearing a bandage/splint on her nose.

You'd probably need to be capable of physical violence on some level to gain even a modicum of respect from an industry as chauvinist as this, where women are typically considered property.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Rent-a-Bot posted:

It's not just you. Though I'm not sure if it's a problem on chocolate donuts' end or mine.

Thirding it, it might be a youtube issue? I dunno. Don't intend to watch in 480p though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Might be because it was just uploaded. Perhaps not fully processed.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

Might be because it was just uploaded. Perhaps not fully processed.
It is now.

And it was still a glorious video, even in 480 :allears:

MajesticMonkey
Mar 31, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

It is now.

And it was still a glorious video, even in 480 :allears:

Glorious indeed, those environmental kills :allears:

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Have you worn the Mr. Black outfit already? That was the one outfit that glitched after I unlocked it, so I never got to see it.

I had Wei wearing a white t-shirt when I started the Dogeyes mission. By the time it was over, the shirt was red. None of the blood was his.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So I just wanna point out how awesome it is that, on drive/shoot based missions, they always give you infinite ammo for your given weapon. That is fantastic. I'm also glad you went for the car that I picked when I did this mission, it is a nice-rear end car, as you like to say a lot.

...still don't get how Wei does that magic helmet trick, is he available for children's parties? :v: I suppose the tricks he does with fish are pretty fantastic.
How did I forget about those environmental kills? :allears:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
There's a lot of love about this game, including the horrifically violent fish-based executions, and Wei's reaction to his friend getting ripped off with a superbike being to gun down everyone. Christ, Wei, you're supposed to be a cop.

Also, try grabbing someone when you have a melee weapon. It gives you a special attack, with a different animation if it's a finisher. It uses up weapons in one or two hits, though.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Jesus, what was in those tanks? Like, you toss the dude in there and suddenly all you see is tentacles and he's thrashing to get out. Are man-sized squid are a delicacy in Hong Kong and they have tanks full of them in every fish market?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

MinistryofLard posted:

Jesus, what was in those tanks? Like, you toss the dude in there and suddenly all you see is tentacles and he's thrashing to get out. Are man-sized squid are a delicacy in Hong Kong and they have tanks full of them in every fish market?

I think they were meant to be eels?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

FinalGamer posted:

I'm also glad you went for the car that I picked when I did this mission, it is a nice-rear end car, as you like to say a lot.

I used the same car too, but it was more because I accidentally blew up all the other ones. It's nice and parked a good distance away.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

MinistryofLard posted:

Those are electric eels.
:iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, different question then: Are electric eels a delicacy?

Wei Shen must be running out of new ways to kill people. How many video game protagonists can say they've used phone booths, electric eels, the shutter door from a cafeteria vendor, and an umbrella to kill a man?

He is rivaled only by the characters of Phantom Brave.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 3, 2013

• Locked thread