Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Aliginge posted:

You can get a handguard which changes the AK5 one to the FNCs.

"h*ck yeah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Been having a lot of fun with this. But I read on another site that the game both lacks cloakers and safe house customization. Along with heists missing. Does the game really have the 60-something maps that some of you said? I still love the game but would be nice to know.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was equally disappointed with the Bronco. I guess it needs mods and Mastermind, as I only counted three hits in the two heists I put it in before going back to Crosskill. Gun is the same as the magnum in HL2 without the aim assist, only that has killed people at close range.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.

Torabi posted:

Been having a lot of fun with this. But I read on another site that the game both lacks cloakers and safe house customization. Along with heists missing. Does the game really have the 60-something maps that some of you said? I still love the game but would be nice to know.

It definitely feels like the game launched earlier than they really wanted to but decided to at this point because of how people were responding to the beta. Cloakers, or Spooks as they're now called apparently, aren't in the game because of a bug where they would kick you and it wouldn't just down you, but it would also crash your game to the desktop. Spooks are OP as hell.

The music is also still the demo versions, listening to the in game music and then the official soundtrack makes it really noticeable. Safe house customization is also coming at some point, they said that today on the community hub. No one really knows if those heists are future DLC that was just mentioned in the heist, or if maybe they're going to give us more levels in patches as the game's life goes on. Either way, just hold out for a bit, things are coming.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was equally disappointed with the Bronco. I guess it needs mods and Mastermind, as I only counted three hits in the two heists I put it in before going back to Crosskill. Gun is the same as the magnum in HL2 without the aim assist, only that has killed people at close range.

The Overcompensating barrel lets you pop heads at sniper ranges. It's really good.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Torabi posted:

Mallcrashers
Four Stores
Nightclub
Three variations of bank
Two variations of Jewelry Store

Watchdogs - Two day
Rats - Three day
Framing Frame - Three day
Firefighters - Three day (last day is bank again)
Big Oil - Two day

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JetGrind posted:

It definitely feels like the game launched earlier than they really wanted to but decided to at this point because of how people were responding to the beta. Cloakers, or Spooks as they're now called apparently, aren't in the game because of a bug where they would kick you and it wouldn't just down you, but it would also crash your game to the desktop. Spooks are OP as hell.

The music is also still the demo versions, listening to the in game music and then the official soundtrack makes it really noticeable. Safe house customization is also coming at some point, they said that today on the community hub. No one really knows if those heists are future DLC that was just mentioned in the heist, or if maybe they're going to give us more levels in patches as the game's life goes on. Either way, just hold out for a bit, things are coming.
Payday 2: The Cloakers Can Kick You Out of the Game.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I like to think all the missions involving Hector are a reference to Breaking Bad.

(the old man Gus talks to in the nursing home if you don't remember)

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
Anyone know what weapons the sharpshooter skill in the Technician tree effects?
I know it effects the M308, but I was wondering what else might be classified as a "single shot weapon".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Godsped posted:

I like to think all the missions involving Hector are a reference to Breaking Bad.

(the old man Gus talks to in the nursing home if you don't remember)

So Breaking Bad exists in the Payday universe and Payday exists in the L4D universe. Final season of BB has Walter making a bad batch and Dallas unwittingly starting the zombie apocalypse.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

So Breaking Bad exists in the Payday universe and Payday exists in the L4D universe. Final season of BB has Walter making a bad batch and Dallas unwittingly starting the zombie apocalypse.

And Payday/L4D also exists in some bizzaro version of the HL2 world, considering White Mesa is mentioned in the description of one of the items.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually I want a second shot.

Payday 2: GOATFUCK!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
High visibility weapons apparently have magical radioactive glows.

I accidentally hit C during what was a good stealth run while in the back room of the nightclub with no one within 100 feet or LOS of me. My AK came out, screen lit up with exclamation points. Boooooo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Conot posted:

And Payday/L4D also exists in some bizzaro version of the HL2 world, considering White Mesa is mentioned in the description of one of the items.

If we're reaching this far, they also all exist in the Walking Dead world, since a bag of Walt's blue meth appeared briefly in the show.

All video games take place in the mind of an autistic Diddy Kong as he stares into a snow globe.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
All that means is that both Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are television shows in the Payday universe :colbert:

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze
So I got my first infamous item and . . . it's a Hoxton mask. Thanks, Payday. Why make a starting mask an infamous item?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TBC posted:

So I got my first infamous item and . . . it's a Hoxton mask. Thanks, Payday. Why make a starting mask an infamous item?

You you can play as Wolf with Hoxton's mask on and totally PHREAK everyone out, man!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have carbon fiber material and Aperture science pattern. Give me a mask so I can use them already. :argh:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got the Greek Tragedy mask and it looks so hardcore.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just wanted to say that the soundtrack loving rocks.

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

I'm level 9 and just following peoples leads at the moment but I am SO confused and I can't find these answers anywhere:

Is there a good tutorial anywhere? A beginner level?

I'm just unclear on how so many things work, is there even a readme.txt or a manual?

Stuff like what does the ECM jammer do *exactly* and does it have an area of effect or is it the entire level?

Do I have to shoot guards or can I convince them to lower their guns? (like I've seen in videos)

Do civilians using their cell phones actually have an animation where they call their phone? Or is it just "someone you can't see, or will never see, has called 911."

Which bar is my armour bar? What are those little tabs with 1 and 2 dots down in the bottom right corner of my HUD, what do they mean? Can my armour replenish, can I pick more up somewhere?

Sometimes it says "you are hurt, seek cover." So does this mean HP works like in CoD? I hide and I heal? What does the green circle of HP mean then?

What are "patterns" and how do I use them?

Howcome I can "alert" people but that doesn't send a wave of police in? How does "stealth" work then?

All those exclamation marks popping up, does that mean they've all seen me?

Sometimes I hear police say "hostage inside, look out" does that mean I have hostages? How do I use the hostages? Can I bargain with the cops?

It's just frustrating not knowing how the underlying game mechanics work so I know how to interract with the world.

Radicals fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 15, 2013

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Tommofork posted:

Just wanted to say that the soundtrack loving rocks.

Even cooler, the soundtrack comes with all the loops used to make it for people to do remixes.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I haven't done any mask creation so I was wondering... what pieces of "mask" are unlimited vs limited? From what I hear, if you put a material/paint/pattern on a mask, you can't un-create the mask in any way or re-create it either. Am I able to re-use materials/paints/patterns at all and just have to find more masks during payday to use them on? Call me crazy but despite how "wide open" the customization is, it seems like it's entirely too limiting from a "try things out" point of view.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Carecat posted:

Mallcrashers
Four Stores
Nightclub
Three variations of bank
Two variations of Jewelry Store

Watchdogs - Two day
Rats - Three day
Framing Frame - Three day
Firefighters - Three day (last day is bank again)
Big Oil - Two day

This disappointed me at first (the number of heists), but in retrospect Payday 1 only had 6 heists at launch and three got added in later (2 as paid content). The multi-day heists are roughly on par length wise with the first game's heists, and then there's also the shorter heists. For 10 dollars more than the original game (forgoing the Wolf DLC) and being vastly more fun to play, I'm actually pretty happy with the shipped result.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Do we have any specific information regarding the Enforcer skills "Underdog" (limits damage taken/increases damage dealt when surrounded) or "Berserker" (do more damage when you're low on health)? I included both of these in my current skillset but I'm not sure when they're kicking in or ultimately how useful they'll be.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DaveKap posted:

I haven't done any mask creation so I was wondering... what pieces of "mask" are unlimited vs limited? From what I hear, if you put a material/paint/pattern on a mask, you can't un-create the mask in any way or re-create it either. Am I able to re-use materials/paints/patterns at all and just have to find more masks during payday to use them on? Call me crazy but despite how "wide open" the customization is, it seems like it's entirely too limiting from a "try things out" point of view.

When you select a pattern, color, mask or whatever, it will say "STOCK: X". If it doesn't say this, then it is unlimited.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

OKAY.
So I have two suppressors for pistols. The standard one and the "Size Doesn't matter." SDM has the help text of "Great concealability. Sacrifices noise reduction." The noise rating for both is exactly the same. Am I missing something?

edit: The Monolith has the exact same noise rating as well but is described as the best mod for stealth.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 15, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Does anyone know how to finish Big Oil? I could match one clipboard to stuff on a whiteboard, know that there was some stuff going on with the tank colors, and that you can pick up an asset in the first mission that you can look at before entering the second. (It looked like a blueprint for whichever Fusion Engine it was, but I disregarded it because it wasn't very specific / had that low-resolution feel that "not important" stuff has.)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Here's hoping the Armoured Heist DLC will be like 6 days.

Why even have 7 days listed if they only go up to 3 :(

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Sappo569 posted:

Here's hoping the Armoured Heist DLC will be like 6 days.

Why even have 7 days listed if they only go up to 3 :(

What's the likelihood that more skill trees will be released? Or at least be able to pick your tier bonuses.

Khagan fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 15, 2013

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Khagan posted:

What's the likelihood that more skill trees will be released?

There's never been anything said on it so there's no point in speculating about that chance. We know there'll be more maps and such, though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Radicals posted:

Stuff like what does the ECM jammer do *exactly* and does it have an area of effect or is it the entire level?

Do I have to shoot guards or can I convince them to lower their guns? (like I've seen in videos)

Do civilians using their cell phones actually have an animation where they call their phone? Or is it just "someone you can't see, or will never see, has called 911."

Which bar is my armour bar? What are those little tabs with 1 and 2 dots down in the bottom right corner of my HUD, what do they mean? Can my armour replenish, can I pick more up somewhere?

Sometimes it says "you are hurt, seek cover." So does this mean HP works like in CoD? I hide and I heal? What does the green circle of HP mean then?

What are "patterns" and how do I use them?

Howcome I can "alert" people but that doesn't send a wave of police in? How does "stealth" work then?

All those exclamation marks popping up, does that mean they've all seen me?

Sometimes I hear police say "hostage inside, look out" does that mean I have hostages? How do I use the hostages? Can I bargain with the cops?

It's just frustrating not knowing how the underlying game mechanics work so I know how to interract with the world.

The ECM jammer prevents civilian cell phones and security cameras from functioning within a certain radius for a certain time. There is no indication of the radius, but it does ignore walls and other obstructions.

You have to shoot guards until you get the Dominator skill, which is on the third tier of the Mastermind skill tree. Even then the Dominator skill has been nerfed to nigh-uselessness, as you can only convince a single guard to drop his gun and give up, and until that guard dies, nobody else on the map will ever surrender to you.

Civilians have no cell-phone animation.

Your armor bar is the white circle around your green health circle. Armor is basically regenerating health. Once your armor gets depleted you will start taking health damage. Hiding until your armor regenerates lets you take some more non-permanent hits.

"You are hurt" actually means "Your armor is depleted, take a quick break".

Patterns are merely cosmetic items that are used in making a customized mask. You also need a blank mask and a color in order to make a custom mask.

"Stealth" involves never letting the cops get called, and thus preventing any enemies from ever spawning on the map. Alert people merely are aware that you are a horrible criminal. What happens now depends on the person. If they are a civilian they will call the police on their cell phone after a few seconds of panic (all civilians have cell phones) unless you make them get down on the ground. You shout at people by pressing F (by default). Once a civilian gets down on the ground you can use one of your two cable ties (context sensitive, move to them and press F on them) to keep them down for good. If you don't, they will get back up after 30 seconds or so and will attempt to call the cops again. If you shout at them again while they are on the ground it resets their get-up timer. If a security guard becomes alert, then he will attempt to shoot you while calling the cops on his radio. If you kill him before he can call the cops, then his handler back at his security firm will notice his pager has gone nonresponsive and will call the cops anyway. The only way to prevent this is to go to his body and answer his pager (context sensitive, use F). If you do this more than twice on a single mission, the security firm gets suspicious and calls the cops anyway. If you have the Smooth Talker perk (mastermind tree) you can answer either three or four pagers safely, not sure how many. The third way the cops get called is if a camera spots you or your handiwork. Shouting at civilians to get down while they are in view of a camera will still alert the cops, even if you are never seen by the camera yourself.

So in short, to be stealthy you need to:
- Dispose of guards in a safe way (shout up to one down with Dominator, kill and answer up to three pagers with Smooth Talker).
- Prevent civilians from calling the police by shouting at them to get on the ground and then either tying them down or else visiting them often to make sure they stay in line.
- Avoid alerting cameras. Shooting/meleeing a camera doesn't set off an alert, but if a guard sees a disabled camera he will call the police.
- Avoid extreme alert cascades. Usually this happens when someone fires an unsilenced firearm, alerting all the civilians on the map at once and making it basically impossible to shout them all down before somebody calls the cops. This is usually what happens when you see a million exclamation points all appear at once. Oddly enough shouting at civilians to get on the ground makes no "noise", and doesn't actually alert civilians who can't directly see you or the civilians you are shouting down.

When a cop says "hostage inside" it means you have at least one civilian tied down with a cable tie. The more hostages you have in this way, the less aggressive the cops are, and the longer the delay between assault waves.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Had a fun, really annoying glitch.

Somehow with literally none of us knowing what to do we managed to cook up all the meth needed in the meth house. We go to leave, I get incapacitated on the second floor by a cop who was apparently clipped inside of my model somehow.

I tell the rest of the team to run to the van and they do...but the mission won't end. They wait out my capture, then my screen goes black and Bain shouts that I (Dallas) am back over and over and over and over again until I have to quit.

DALLIS IS BACKDALLIS IS RELEASED FROM CUSTODYDALLIS IS BACK

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Scalding Coffee posted:

I have no mods, and I use this more than my primary weapon. SO GOOD.

For what it's worth, the Team Fortress goons know me as a guy who sometimes runs an Ambassador Spy without cloaking or disguising.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I'm going to upgrade my Bronco, but my loving Stupid Deagle will be awesome.

Acquire Currency! posted:

I got the Greek Tragedy mask and it looks so hardcore.

Happy or sad one? I want the Sad one so badly.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Best glitch is still the 'shoot cop, cop gets half teleported into the wall/window/car, spins violently at 100000mph'

Tophereth
Mar 27, 2009
Im up from my slumber after I started playing for 15 hours straight from release. Playing with goons, multiple day overkill maps were possible. Largest amount of money I made through a job was 558k on overkill firestarter.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I saw one dude with a 3-faced mask, do want...

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Fabricated posted:

Had a fun, really annoying glitch.

Somehow with literally none of us knowing what to do we managed to cook up all the meth needed in the meth house. We go to leave, I get incapacitated on the second floor by a cop who was apparently clipped inside of my model somehow.

I tell the rest of the team to run to the van and they do...but the mission won't end. They wait out my capture, then my screen goes black and Bain shouts that I (Dallas) am back over and over and over and over again until I have to quit.

DALLIS IS BACKDALLIS IS RELEASED FROM CUSTODYDALLIS IS BACK

I also noticed a bug that if someone is carrying the meth and gets taken into custody, that bag has the yellow highlight but can't be interacted with. maybe it's related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Why doesn't the Hotline Miami mask have ears?? :(

Here's my plan: http://goo.gl/mLbG0W

Any thoughts? I'm going to get up that Ghost tree pretty fast to get the door unlock and hand-cracking on safes. I've already got the Mastermind Stamina and Enforcer bag carrying since they're such no-brainers, then switch back to Mastermind before I start taking the "nice to have" skills in Ghost.

• Locked thread