Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Michaellaneous posted:

Not entirely sure what the thought process behind the T90 was.
But I mean it's a Russian tank so probably "Let's give tank two red eyes to make it look evil."

It's part of the Shtora-1 active defense system, the 'red eyes' are active infrared jammers to trow SACLOS ATGM. Once the sensors around the turret regocnize they are beeing painted you can hit a button and the turret automatically faces the threat and starts shining infrared party lights in your ATGM equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Feindfeuer posted:

It's part of the Shtora-1 active defense system, the 'red eyes' are active infrared jammers to trow SACLOS ATGM. Once the sensors around the turret regocnize they are beeing painted you can hit a button and the turret automatically faces the threat and starts shining infrared party lights in your ATGM equipment.
___/
:spergin:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You can't stop me from tank sperging. Je ne regrette rien :colbert:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The BMD-1 not having its magnesium hull is a shame. It'd be neat killing them with a single HEAT round as the entire vehicle goes up in flames.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ok everyone. Sit down this may shock you. Obsidian just posted this

quote:

We have performed a thorough analysis of the data collected in the recent stages of Early Access as well as during the first days of Head Start, taking into account the fact that not all the progression mechanisms were revealed and activated yet – this specifically concerns the Military Base progress bonuses as well as the Booster packs (which will be obtainable either by purchasing them or by gameplay means).
Nevertheless, we have reached the conclusion that the players are correct and that we need to improve the progression mechanism in order to make the game more fun. We recognize that the earlier economy model actually punished the players for playing high-tier tanks by imposing very high credit costs for ammunition and repairs on them – and we do not want that. Players should be able to enjoy the gameplay at all tiers. Therefore, we have prepared the following changes to the economy:

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER CHANGES

Increased the base match participation reputation reward for playing PvP matches from 90 to 135
Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 5 by 20%
Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 6 by 30%
Decreased tier 6 upgraded ammo cost multiplier by roughly an additional 8%
Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 7 by 25%
Decreased tier 7 upgraded ammo multiplier by roughly an additional 12%
Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 8 by 40%
Decreased tier 8 upgraded ammo multiplier by roughly an additional 14%
Decreased tier 5 repair costs from 16000 to 12800
Decreased tier 6 repair costs from 28000 to 19600
Decreased tier 7 repair costs from 44000 to 26400
Decreased tier 8 repair costs from 60000 to 36000

PLAYER VERSUS ENVIRONMENT CHANGES

Increased all PvE reputation gains by 20%
Increased all PvE credit income by 35%

PREMIUM VEHICLE CHANGES

Playing a premium vehicle now increases reputation earnings by 20%
Playing a premium vehicle now increases crew experience by 20%
Playing a premium vehicle now increases commander experience by 20%
We do hope these changes will be to your liking – see you on the battlefield!

I know we are not used to devs actually changing things in tank games but here we are in a brave new world. Playing high tier tanks and not having to worry about going broke and getting there quicker :swoon::woop:

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 5, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Obsidian posted:

Players should be able to enjoy the gameplay at all tiers.

This is a pretty radical and new concept for internet tank games. I like it.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Raged posted:

Ok everyone. Sit down this may shock you. Obsidian just posted this

This is frighting and I want to return to my sadistic WoT hug box

az
Dec 2, 2005

Is there a mumble/ts channel for this game yet? If not I'll set one up in CTS later.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

az posted:

Is there a mumble/ts channel for this game yet? If not I'll set one up in CTS later.

As the top of OP says, we're currently using the WoT TS. There's a link to it and everything.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Raged posted:

I know we are not used to devs actually changing things in tank games but here we are in a brave new world. Playing high tier tanks and not having to worry about going broke and getting there quicker :swoon::woop:

both the pve and pvp changes are bad. once upon a time in wot, if you played tier 10 tanks and were useless you lost a lot of credits. shitters whined until WG upped the payout so now you can do nothing all day long in a tier 10 and not go broke. most high tier games are a shitshow because the worst players fail their way upward and aren't penalized for being useless.

it will be the same in AW except increasing PVE payouts is just going to worsen the situation because you'll have the worst of the worst grind out high tiers by shooting bots then ruining your battle as the top tier mbt that doesn't know how to use cover or only shoots only HE

instead of lowering ammo and repair costs they should up the credit/xp rewards for spotting and doing damage

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
that's hyperbolic nonsense. If you poo poo the bed in a t10 tank in WoT you're down at least 20k + consumables even on premium.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

yaay posted:

that's hyperbolic nonsense. If you poo poo the bed in a t10 tank in WoT you're down at least 20k + consumables even on premium.

this is false and it's easily proven so by the number of <500 WN8 players you see with hundreds of games in their tier 10 heavy of choice (usually the E100)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jack_tripper posted:

this is false and it's easily proven so by the number of <500 WN8 players you see with hundreds of games in their tier 10 heavy of choice (usually the E100)

You're really wrong and also probably a moron.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
goon posting at its finest

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Jack_tripper posted:

uh no shitters facerolling in E100s and IS-7s have to bankroll their tier 10 losses by firing HE in their T34s like everybody else.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Jack_tripper posted:

Those shitters lose money every battle. So drive lower tier stuff/premium tanks to make money for their top tier plagueplay. Or they convert gold directly into credits. I suppose you could say they don't, lose as much as they should, but then again WG is interested in keeping paying customers.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Valle posted:

Those shitters lose money every battle. So drive lower tier stuff/premium tanks to make money for their top tier plagueplay. Or they convert gold directly into credits. I suppose you could say they don't, lose as much as they should, but then again WG is interested in keeping paying customers.

that's the problem though; losing 35k when you do 700 damage and die in your IS-7 was a pretty great incentive to either work on getting better or stay the hell out of tier 10. since AW is still in its infancy you'd hope they make the right choices now before making the same mistakes WG did, especially with the added influx of credits from pve

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

with artillery smoke rounds do they actually provide lasting concealment or do they just break spotting for an instant like smoke grenades seem to? I'm trying to figure out how worthwhile they are. More importantly, do you get exp/creds for using support rounds correctly :effort:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am very pleased with the fact that they upped PVE rewards. I am a bad player but would still like to have cool tanks so being able to relax in PVE for a while and unlock cool (and I would say fun tanks but let's be honest, low tier tanks are also super fun) tanks without having to get angry at pubbies and myself in PVP.

This is my opinion.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jack_tripper posted:

that's the problem though; losing 35k when you do 700 damage and die in your IS-7 was a pretty great incentive to either work on getting better or stay the hell out of tier 10. since AW is still in its infancy you'd hope they make the right choices now before making the same mistakes WG did, especially with the added influx of credits from pve

You heard it here first, making the grind less awful is a bad thing because the darn casuals will get to play their high tier tanks!!!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

You heard it here first, making the grind less awful is a bad thing because the darn casuals will get to play their high tier tanks!!!

You see, high tier tanks are for the proven elite, not the unwashed masses who play only for fun.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

I am very pleased with the fact that they upped PVE rewards. I am a bad player but would still like to have cool tanks so being able to relax in PVE for a while and unlock cool (and I would say fun tanks but let's be honest, low tier tanks are also super fun) tanks without having to get angry at pubbies and myself in PVP.

This is my opinion.

I agree with this opinion. PVE is good fun and great for testing new tanks or being chill.

Soon I'll put more time into PVP, at least to let pubbies know that CHAIA are a bunch of wannabe tryhards. I bet they don't even like tea.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

Valle posted:

As the top of OP says, we're currently using the WoT TS. There's a link to it and everything.

The few times I hopped on TS nobody was on, but I played with 2 fine gentlegoons on the CTS mumble.

Plus isnt the TS server limited to 25 slots?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I bought all the premium tanks.
I am not disappointed. All of them are good and/or fun.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jack_tripper posted:

both the pve and pvp changes are bad. once upon a time in wot, if you played tier 10 tanks and were useless you lost a lot of credits. shitters whined until WG upped the payout so now you can do nothing all day long in a tier 10 and not go broke. most high tier games are a shitshow because the worst players fail their way upward and aren't penalized for being useless.

it will be the same in AW except increasing PVE payouts is just going to worsen the situation because you'll have the worst of the worst grind out high tiers by shooting bots then ruining your battle as the top tier mbt that doesn't know how to use cover or only shoots only HE

instead of lowering ammo and repair costs they should up the credit/xp rewards for spotting and doing damage

So you think it's a cool and good idea to make the grind considerably worse because theoretically it might make it take more work for a demographic defined by working harder not smarter to do one particular thing? Why don't you support a ranked game mode or something that isn't directly loving everyone over in return for a minor side effect that you want. Because right now you're basically supporting taking chemo as an alternative to shaving your scalp.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

xthetenth posted:

So you think it's a cool and good idea to make the grind considerably worse because theoretically it might make it take more work for a demographic defined by working harder not smarter to do one particular thing? Why don't you support a ranked game mode or something that isn't directly loving everyone over in return for a minor side effect that you want. Because right now you're basically supporting taking chemo as an alternative to shaving your scalp.

does upping the payout for spotting and doing damage make the grind worse?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jack_tripper posted:

You seem offended by bad players playing your tank game.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Emote list for making GBS threads up chat in-game:

quote:

Q.Q
:O
:/
: (
>: (
>: D
:*
:S
< 3
>: )
:|
: D
: P
: )
; )
*boom*

No spaces.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Darkmoon2k posted:

Emote list for making GBS threads up chat in-game:

Can we get this in the OP?

I'm going to start responding with Q.Q every time a CHAIA starts yelling about our taking CHAI

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Not having grindy poo poo is great, but I am concerned for a F2P to survive financially with-out said grind poo poo to bypass via $$$$

Also are ATGM buggy or do I just not know what I am doing? Half the time when I fire them they just crash into the ground and I see no missile?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 5, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jack_tripper posted:

I think that would be largely irrelevant. Again, the fail to the top crowd is literally defined by its willingness to play way too many battles just to drive high tier tanks. If you really want them out, actually do something to directly keep them out.

I've had three lifetimes' worth of tryharding tanks, and I really don't want to get punched in the dick when I don't have a good game.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

BadLlama posted:

Also are ATGM buggy or do I just not know what I am doing? Half the time when I fire them they just crash into the ground and I see no missile?

Tanks with fixed ATGM tubes (like the terminator) have a dull grey circle that shows where the tubes are pointing. If you're not paying attention it can be easy to just sling missiles into the ground or into the rock you're taking cover behind.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
http://armoredtalk.com/2015/10/04/garbads-guide-to-aw-consumables-refits-equipment-commanders-and-crew/

Garbads new guide on consumables/crew/equipment etc.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Tanks with fixed ATGM tubes (like the terminator) have a dull grey circle that shows where the tubes are pointing. If you're not paying attention it can be easy to just sling missiles into the ground or into the rock you're taking cover behind.

Oh I didn't notice that even though it is fairly obvious, that makes a lot of sense.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jack_tripper posted:

:goonsay:

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream

Raged posted:

They... changed something, for the players, to make it easier, within 4 days of Headstart? What is this, the friggin Twilight Zone?

drat Obsidian, you just went up in my book even more!

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
More pubbies admiring the CHAI clan tag. This is getting far more common.

These are from three separate games, usually at the very start.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have been embracing the CHAI in my BMP games. Hug the map line and fling HEAT and ATGM's into the side of bros and then play vision games. The amount of hate for CHAI is hilarious.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

BadLlama posted:

I have been embracing the CHAI in my BMP games. Hug the map line and fling HEAT and ATGM's into the side of bros and then play vision games. The amount of hate for CHAI is hilarious.

BMPs eat any kind of light vehicle for breakfast. 100mm HE? 30mm autocannon? Soviet Russia missile? Da!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jack_tripper posted:

Shut up nerd. The game being easier and more accessible by not requiring people to grind as much is a good thing.

• Locked thread