Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

The black sparkle trunks look good on Miz.

They are pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Fenrir posted:

I don't hate it, but it's obvious that this roster is dire. It's going to have to build a midcard and the main events are going to have to carry it until that happens.

Problem is, I don't know how to make people really give a poo poo about the tag teams or the women's division with nothing at stake.

If they're doing brand ppvs I'd imagine they'll get a tag title and a women's title (and it'll be a big purple butterfly)

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Miz wins Randy's ss match

Summerslam is a night full of lesnar chasing miz through the backstage like golden truth catching Pokemon and the club cutting cena promos had a demented monster baby

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love the RKO so much

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is nowhere near as good as Raw but am I the only one not hating it, either?

It's okay

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is nowhere near as good as Raw but am I the only one not hating it, either?

It's a more cartoony flavor. Golden Truth would work better over here from how it seems.

Seems like the Hype Bro's are how Zack Ryder is gonna be billed for the time being.

Also, did they just flat out drop the dozen women coming out for introductions?

Why did the Vaudevillians compete in tank tops and Jeans during that battle royal?

And finally, Is anyone else getting a touch annoyed at "YAAAY! I'm the GM but won't interfere in poo poo except to start a Title contest of some kind!" I don't know where it was mentioned, but something like Miz/Maryse using DQ's/count outs to retain all the time is something a gm should come out and put a stop to

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Randy really wants to RKO Maryse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
uhhh you gonna pin him randy?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
MIZ IS GETTING NAILED JBL

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

someone do something jesus

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Miz selling that RKO like he got shot with a tank.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He reminds me of Cinderella when she was in that big pumpkin.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Just had a Lion King reference from a grown man in TYOOL 2016.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spinst posted:

someone do something jesus

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Miz dead

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
DDP had the right idea letting Orton use the Cutter, goddamn he does it so well

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
miz selling the RKO more than some other wrestlers have sold getting hit in the head with a sledgehammer

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
drat Randy, milking it for a second RKO.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Caught the last RKO, assume I saw all I needed to.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Orton is such a natural heel.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

SilverMike posted:

Just had a Lion King reference from a grown man in TYOOL 2016.

That's like present day references compared to JBL's references.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Raw felt like a fresh new show with a new direction, Smackdown kind of feels like well Smackdown.

Still early days yet and I love Eva's new intro so, at least one think I like.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol this isn't a great way to use the IC champion.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Mauro's weird references to random poo poo like Chloe Grace Moretz and whatever he just said make me want to murder him

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
RELEASE THE DOVES

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'll admit, if the goal is to build up the narrative of "Randy could beat Brock by outlasting him and then landing the ONE RKO" this is a really solid first step.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

People throw the word burial around a lot when it doesn't apply but that is what a burial looks like

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Chris Sale namedrop

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VJeff posted:

It's the Miz, chicken shittin' and getting murdered are good uses of him.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

poor miz

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

VJeff posted:

Dominating a match with someone who will presumably be in the main event scene only to lose when he got hit with his opponents finisher? That sounds like a good way to use the IC champion to me.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

american alpha up next?! maybe?!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mauro's weird references to random poo poo like Chloe Grace Moretz and whatever he just said make me want to murder him

is that some german director from the 1920s

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

RELEASE THE DOVES

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure Darren Young can take Randy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oatgan posted:

People throw the word burial around a lot when it doesn't apply but that is what a burial looks like

i honestly thought it was fine, Miz was kicking the poo poo out of him until random RKO

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oatgan posted:

This is why you got fired from that funeral home.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Lazer posted:

That's like present day references compared to JBL's references.

HE GOT HIT SO HARD ALL HE CAN REMEMBER IS A SLED MARIO

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This show has all of the changes needed to be good. Like Raw, they are focusing on in-ring competition and treating things with gravity. However, they just don't have the roster outside of the main event scene to deliver like Raw did last night.

Shelton will fix all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Raw felt like a fresh new show with a new direction, Smackdown kind of feels like well Smackdown.

Still early days yet and I love Eva's new intro so, at least one think I like.
Smackdown feels like Vince is focusing all his effort and energy on it to make the ratings go up

• Locked thread