Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Nintendo of Europe have been pretty generous this year. For some people they will have gotten Monster Hunter free as part of the buy three games get one free deal, anyway.

I don`t think I know anyone who would be getting a 3DS, but if I`ve got a code for a free download I may try and sell it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Any hopes of the US seeing a DQVII remake anytime soon? It'll be a drat shame if not. That was one of my favorite games as a kid and the remake looks awesome. It's such a fun game in a campy sort of way.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 3, 2013

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The UK is getting a bunch of cool deals.

SlenderWhore posted:

Any hopes of the US seeing a DQVII remake anytime soon? It'll be a drat shame if not. That was one of my favorite games as a kid and the remake looks awesome. It's such a fun game in a campy sort of way.
It's my favorite Dragon Quest game, so I hope it's coming state side. It'll solidify my purchase of a 3DS.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Just to clarify:

quote:

Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion

Terms & Conditions

1. The promotion is aimed at any two participants who know each other. Each participant of the promotion has to be at least 16 years of age and a resident of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, or Russia.

This is not UK only :getin:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if it will extend to having the MH3U count as part as the buy 3 get 1 free bargain too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Spot the difference!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Spot the difference!

Is the Luigi in the front holding a 2x4 on his shoulder? Is one of the Luigi dreams the Rundown? Tell me yes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Katana Gomai posted:

Spot the difference!

Luigi seems to be missing a snot bubble in America, there are less sparkles, and now Luigi's got the whole "zzz" thing going on.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Spot the difference!

No Luigi nose bubble in the US version, and fewer sparkle star things for some reason. Also the text at the bottom reminding Americans not to blind their children with 3D.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is GBC emulation on the 3DS in full screen? How big will my Zelda Oracles games be on the XL?

Also: yes please Nintendo/Square/Enix/Obama please release DQ7 on 3DS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

Is the Luigi in the front holding a 2x4 on his shoulder? Is one of the Luigi dreams the Rundown? Tell me yes.
It's a hammer.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

BadAstronaut posted:

Is GBC emulation on the 3DS in full screen? How big will my Zelda Oracles games be on the XL?

It defaults to stretched out full-screen (which some people detest, but I've not noticed it to be that bad), but if you hold Select when booting the game, you'll get it properly gameboy sized, complete with a Game Boy Color frame around the picture.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

It's a hammer.

Dammit, thats what that grey smear is supposed to be. Oh well, I guess Mario + Luigi's Misery was a more popular dream idea.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The bat's head got depointed.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

pandaK posted:

The bat's head got depointed.

You might say it's not horny anymore! :downsrim:

Since I'm here, you guys want some news? The new SMT IV went straight ahead to the very top of Japan's sale charts, which isn't surprising. What is, however, is that Nintendo are doing a full localization (including translation) in South Korea themselves. That shows how much they want to tap that market and how they think this is one of the games to do it.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Have you not considered using something like VGCollect.com instead of (:barf:) Access?

e: Oh wait sorting. Yeah VGC is still working on a new layout that will allow that so.. my bad.

I was using RF Generation for a while, but they don't have some of my imports in their database, and I got lazy adding those games in. Now I use Google Docs Spreadsheet whatever thing, and it's okay I guess.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

njsykora posted:

If you're in the UK and planning to get a 3DS soon, here's a promo you might be interested in.

Can non-Europe 3DS owners activate the code? If anyone has one, I'd like to try it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

So that promotion is only for people who are going to register a 3DS in the next couple of months? Shame.

Inacio posted:

Can non-Europe 3DS owners activate the code? If anyone has one, I'd like to try it.

Region lock says no.

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Is the Castlevania game any good? I don't see much consensus on it. How about Resident Evil: Mercenaries?

DO NOT BUY RE:Mercenaries USED it has one and only one save. It's a good time killer, I bought a few years back when it was 20 bucks at bestbuy.

Steinuh fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 3, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Katana Gomai posted:

Spot the difference!

This is weird. I understand the bubble/'zzz' thing, but why would they bother removing only some of the sparkles and cutting off the top of the bat's head?

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Emalde posted:

This is weird. I understand the bubble/'zzz' thing, but why would they bother removing only some of the sparkles and cutting off the top of the bat's head?

The top of the bat's wing is clipped too. It looks like a rounded corner white rectangle was created that fills most of that area. Maybe it's a placeholder location for a sticker/tag/something that will be getting added to the finished packaging?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

IkeTurner posted:

The top of the bat's wing is clipped too. It looks like a rounded corner white rectangle was created that fills most of that area. Maybe it's a placeholder location for a sticker/tag/something that will be getting added to the finished packaging?

BEST SELLER!

I loved seeing that on Thousand Year Door the day it came out. Oh, Nintendo.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

IkeTurner posted:

^^ This is the correct answer.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Is Quebec really that big of a market for North America that every Nintendo game has French available? Meanwhile, latinos can get hosed?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

RyokoTK posted:

Is Quebec really that big of a market for North America that every Nintendo game has French available? Meanwhile, latinos can get hosed?

I have no idea why they bother because unless the game is a text heavy rpgs, most kids play these games fine. I think it's actually due to a stupid law or some poo poo.

ninja edit: yep http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23051 it's a stupid rear end law and I don't give a poo poo but you know, Quebec, we're that dumb.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be fair, Mario and Luigi IS a pretty text-heavy RPG.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Endorph posted:

I was just talking in general. I know the law is stupid and I'm just glad we're still getting games (and to be honest they probably use the same translations for Europe and Quebec so..).

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That bat does look like someone who'd advocate speaking French.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Endorph posted:

Unless it gets Sticker Starred.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I didn't even notice the bat and the sparkles. That is weird.

I was going to defend the snot bubble thing, because in Japan the snot bubble is sort of the universal "this dude's sleeping" sign, while in America (and other regions), it's a trail of ZzZzZz. Then I stopped myself and questioned why the hell a snot bubble is a sign of being asleep, because I've never seen or heard of anyone who blows snot bubbles in their sleep. But then I stopped myself to question why our symbol for sleep is a trail of Zs. Best I can figure is that it represents the sound of snoring, but that's not really what snoring sounds like and most people don't snore in the first place, so...

I guess I just don't get any of it in the first place!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They better release the Luigi XL in the US, I'm passing on the AC one in the hopes that they do.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They better release the Luigi XL in the US, I'm passing on the AC one in the hopes that they do.

If the Animal Crossing one made it out here in the states I have no doubt that the Luigi one will do the same.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RyokoTK posted:

Canada has a law requiring it.

America doesn't have anything like a law requiring Spanish.

It is kinda silly though, they might even bring in more sales with some Spanish. And European boxes tend to have English, French, Spanish and German, so its clearly possible. But its a matter of least effort to get by.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

America doesn't have anything like a law requiring Spanish.

Man this would really get so many people angry.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

njsykora posted:

If you're in the UK and planning to get a 3DS soon, here's a promo you might be interested in.

Basically if you have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS you'll soon have a recommendation code in your Club Nintendo, if you give this to someone who's registered a 3DS between now and August 5th they can convert that code into a free download copy of MH3U. So if you're getting a 3DS over the summer this might be worth looking at since I imagine there'll be a few people in this thread who'll have recommendation codes.

This is a crazy awesome offer. If they had this in the US, this would be my reason to go grab a copy immediately even though I've put it off. But, then I'd never get anything done if I could hunt monsters at home and while away.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

And European boxes tend to have English, French, Spanish and German, so its clearly possible.

As a French regularly importing DS games (darn you 3DS zoning), most of US Nintendo games do have multiple languages too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really like the villain designs for the Mario+Luigi games

Antasma looks neat!

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Utnayan posted:

So I just purchased a 3DS XL along with Zelda and Luigi Dark Moon. I am VERY impressed. I bought this because I wanted to do some ghost hunting with Luigi and I have never played Oracle of Time (I know) and both games so far along with the system is very impressive. I also downloaded the demo of Fire Emblem and holy poo poo is that game gorgeous.

I bought it for the games referenced above, but also bought it because I am heading to Playa Del Carmen soon and have a long plane ride up ahead, but I had to have put in about 8 hours so far in the last couple of days.

Great little system. (Now I just need to add more friends and will most likely purchase the new Animal Crossing. Haven't played it since the Gamecube version and it was so addicting.

Glad to hear that you're impressed - the 3DS XL really was a game-changer for me, at least. The game-library is pretty great already ( and is only getting better ), so I'm sure that you won't regret your purchase later on. Heck, I'm spending most of my gaming-time with the system, and I never thought that a handheld could become a major time-stealer.

Oh and I, too, need to get OoT 3D as soon as possible.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm working on OoT 3D right this very minute because I never played it when it was on the N64.

The upgrade to the XL really made the game more enjoyable now that I don't have to squint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The Manticore posted:

^^ This is the correct answer.

Wait, is that really the cover art for the US version?

I mean, I get the ugly "3D Warning" since that's apparently forced on everybody, but that "Play in French and English thing" takes away from the boxart.

Though I wonder if this means the back of the box will be dual languages as well like Brawl or Prime 3.

• Locked thread