Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

New AEW D&D stream starting

https://twitch.tv/BranCutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/xxnikolijaxx/status/1307520479784300550

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/1311009917336260614?s=20

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

disco sucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Whoever was paying Joey Ryan 20k a month was paying at least 20k more than he was actually worth

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1311130269655674880

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1311131143966732288

A reminder that anyone can have issues about their body

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Brave of her to open up about it, this stuff can be extremely hard to cope with

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it whips rear end for people in the public eye to help normalize all the real person issues that everybody has and feels even more insecure about from feeling different

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

John Cena will not get this shirt because he is Albanian and he hates Serbia.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hedgehog Pie posted:

John Cena will not get this shirt because he is Albanian and he hates Serbia.

He never said that.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Vince MechMahon posted:

He never said that.

He said that you son of a bitch.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

StarkRavingMad posted:

A reminder that anyone can have issues about their body

I wonder how many times WWE told her to lose 10 pounds

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Marmaduke! posted:

I wonder how many times WWE told her to lose 10 pounds

Probably less often than the times Vince and especially Dunn told her to get a boob job.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/tuckerwwe/status/1311324729400205312?s=20

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
Why Tucker, that's a lovely fence you have there. Can I sit on it with you?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No I can't agree with this. Violence is often not only necessary but good, especially in politics. This country lost its way when we made it illegal to bring your cane into Congress.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Somebody please teach that man about the tolerance paradox until it sticks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Germansimp posted:

Probably less often than the times Vince and especially Dunn told her to get a boob job.

that is loving insane. imagine telling Tay Conti she wasn't pretty enough, christ she's probably the most smoking member of the roster now. Good that she's doing really well in AEW, so much potential and really love the judo style she brings to the table.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

With a few more matches between now and the end of the voting period, Tay could have a real shot at Most Improved. She's just night and day from when she was in NXT.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

that is loving insane. imagine telling Tay Conti she wasn't pretty enough, christ she's probably the most smoking member of the roster now. Good that she's doing really well in AEW, so much potential and really love the judo style she brings to the table.

The oddest for me is from what she posted, she has some heavy insecurity about her arms, of all things. Her arms just look like normal arms. Does she think she's not jacked enough? Too much? I have no idea what even she is insecure about there.

Not that having insecurity about her waist has any more foundation, she's in incredible shape, but that area is a common source of insecurity for people. The arm thing really stuck out to me as an example of "body issues sometimes don't make any rational sense but are still a real problem."

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

The oddest for me is from what she posted, she has some heavy insecurity about her arms, of all things. Her arms just look like normal arms. Does she think she's not jacked enough? Too much? I have no idea what even she is insecure about there.

A lot of people who are sensitive about showing off their arms are often hiding self-harm scars. That may or may not be the case here but it's a fairly common insecurity

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I would guess just floppiness of the upper arms, which seems to be another common insecurity.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

A lot of people who are sensitive about showing off their arms are often hiding self-harm scars. That may or may not be the case here but it's a fairly common insecurity

Indeed, it sucks having to wear long-sleeved shirts in summer!

Seeing a number of wrestlers in otherwise great shape have body insecurities has helped me understand the problem a lot over the years. It was something I blew off with the "but you look fine" response for a long time, and I never expected myself to have problems in the same ballpark (despite having had the scars for years). Thankfully Conti seems to be doing okay with it all at the moment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat what a way to find out that Brian Cage sucks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dude’s from rural Oregon, probably went to high school with the dudes who drive up to Portland to stir poo poo.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

IcePhoenix posted:

drat what a way to find out that Brian Cage sucks

Fake Geek Boy, Brian Cage

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Capeshit sucks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tay could also be worried about bingo wings as well (underarm fat). I lost a bunch of weight this year and there were a few months when my chest was slim and my arms hadn't caught up so they looked huge. It's a pretty common area for women to get concerns about.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fatherofmustard posted:

Capeshit sucks.

People who say poo poo like this are a billion times more insufferable than people like Cage. Who is wrong about Kamala but right about lovely prequel Mystique.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the better selling books Marvel does sell like one tenth as many copies as there are NXT viewers, to a similar demo. I would not be shocked in the least if that game was Ms Marvel's introduction to probably a majority of players

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1311367167519137793?s=20

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Does he not work there anymore?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Does he not work there anymore?
Vince just picks all the names in the order he remembers them, and then the other 90% is drawn out of a hat

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Not that having insecurity about her waist has any more foundation, she's in incredible shape, but that area is a common source of insecurity for people. The arm thing really stuck out to me as an example of "body issues sometimes don't make any rational sense but are still a real problem."

Body insecurities are rarely things that can be rationally explained. She feels she has weird arms and that's objectively untrue, but she very likely sees something very different in the mirror, like the anorexic person that sees themselves as fat when they weigh like 65 pounds.

I also don't think it's terribly good discussion to speculate about self harm scars or possible reasons for why she doesn't like her arms.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I also don't think it's terribly good discussion to speculate about self harm scars or possible reasons for why she doesn't like her arms.
:emptyquote:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they don't even tell the talent where they're going to be drafted why would they tell the booking team

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First off, love this.

https://twitter.com/thelariatpw/status/1311333625212866561?s=21

Second off, just lol. Just lol forever.

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1311370238127206411?s=21

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I used to be super insecure/self-conscious about my arms in high school. I'm kind of a skinny, wiry guy and I guess at some point I really started to notice that they were (or perceived in my head that they were) too skinny and too long (and maybe too hairy...?). So, I'd always wear something with long sleeves. Made it real fun being a goth in Florida to always have to wear long sleeves.

I don't know when it stopped being an issue for me, but having "weird arms" was never anything anyone made fun of me for or even brought up, it was all just invented in my own brain. Body issues are loving weird!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ahahahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ms. Marvel's comic sold 13,116 copies in January. Even the best selling comics (which are typically re-launched #1s and poo poo) strain to sell even 6 figures a month and rapidly plummet, causing them to relaunch over and over. Ms. Marvel has certainly sold a fair amount of graphic novels (even though Scholastic and book fairs) so I can see some younger folks being familiar with her, but also understand why most people would think she was made up. Marvel has done a lot of pushing the last 5 years making her more visible, but it's a very niche audience I guess Mr. Cage is not a part of.