Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Begemot posted:

Oh my god, I had no idea you could upgrade your fists.

Please tell me there are at least plans for crysteel and metametal hand bones :allears:

I don't think fullerite fist is worth the cost. Carbide by itself demolishes most targets and you're still going to need something else to deal with targets you're having trouble penetrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I found a cool skillsoft that gave me Rejoinder--and I found some insane ones that give you an entire skill tree, but cost like 14 license points.

I really want to find a Giant Hand cybernetic though--if I've checked out the usual places for Becoming Nooks already, what's my best bet? Just roaming around hoping to find a ruins that has some, or is there a better way?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

rodbeard posted:

I don't think fullerite fist is worth the cost. Carbide by itself demolishes most targets and you're still going to need something else to deal with targets you're having trouble penetrating.

If you're having trouble penetrating you just need to slam a Hulk Honey tonic, or possibly stop trying to use cudgels on a character with crappy Strength. Fists have an infinitely scaling strength penetration bonus. 2d4+1 damage with infinite scaling is loving nuts and should be more than enough to take down anything you have any business being in melee with in the first place.

4 points is hefty for sure, so if you have the carbide fists you might consider giving it a miss, but I'd grab that in a heartbeat on a smashy True Kin if I had the points to spare.

e: for reference, I believe my True Kin is level 10-ish and Hulk Honey raises him to 40 strength. If you can't punch clean through an enemy's armour with +12 penetration you probably shouldn't be trying to punch them to begin with :v:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 22, 2017

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you're having trouble penetrating you just need to slam a Hulk Honey tonic, or possibly stop trying to use cudgels on a character with crappy Strength. Fists have an infinitely scaling strength penetration bonus. 2d4+1 damage with infinite scaling is loving nuts and should be more than enough to take down anything you have any business being in melee with in the first place.

4 points is hefty for sure, so if you have the carbide fists you might consider giving it a miss, but I'd grab that in a heartbeat on a smashy True Kin if I had the points to spare.

e: for reference, I believe my True Kin is level 10-ish and Hulk Honey raises him to 40 strength. If you can't punch clean through an enemy's armour with +12 penetration you probably shouldn't be trying to punch them to begin with :v:

Yeah my point was if you weren't penetrating the fullerite doesn't solve your problem. Having no strength cap and no ability to mod on elemental damage makes higher tier fists a lot less necessary.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

On that run I had license points to spare, and nothing good to spend them on. So it was an obvious choice. I found two force disruptors and three rapid-release fingers, kinda annoying.

Punching cragmensch to death was pretty fun. And I was able to permanently stun Jotun until his head was a pile of mush. But then the second Bethesda boss froze me. Such is life in Qud!

Begemot fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 23, 2017

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That's what you bundle up for when you go to Bethesda Susa for.

Also in a pinch, a blaze tonic will get you out of ice.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I noticed recently that the game is not remembering my assigned action keys across new games. It has my same layout from many characters ago which I no longer use. I have to reassign them every restart.

Is this a bug or a change? Can I get it to keep my assigned keys across restarts?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Sanzuo posted:

I noticed recently that the game is not remembering my assigned action keys across new games. It has my same layout from many characters ago which I no longer use. I have to reassign them every restart.

Is this a bug or a change? Can I get it to keep my assigned keys across restarts?

bug if it's not working for you.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Sheba Hagadias the librarian is a chrome pyramid, can I attack the forcefield to give her books?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CRAYON posted:

Sheba Hagadias the librarian is a chrome pyramid, can I attack the forcefield to give her books?

Better luck next time! Or find the force modulator on a true kin, that would get you through through the force field.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

CRAYON posted:

One way to find out, eh?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Do fists work with any weapon skills?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A puma charged at me because it saw me through the glass of a becoming nook. That was pretty cool and really immersed me in what the tiles represented.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Synthbuttrange posted:

Punch people through walls with your superior fists and bludgeoning skills.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just got an "older save revision, sorry" message, but oddly I got it as I was save+quitting from a play session.

Now I'm getting the message again when I try to load my file.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

cudgels

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not far in the desert, I discovered a location made up of...bookshelves. A library with no walls.

Guarded by beetles and a watervine farmer turned librarian. My, his sack was full!

So full :stare:

:stonk:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

resistentialism posted:

Just got an "older save revision, sorry" message, but oddly I got it as I was save+quitting from a play session.

Now I'm getting the message again when I try to load my file.

Could send the bad primary.sav to support@freeholdgames.com

Hip Gelatinous Cube
May 30, 2001

what up

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

some nightmarish serial killer poo poo

The right move would have been to Proselytize, then rename the murderous pseudo-librarian to "Hannibal". That's how you win this encounter, and also CoQ.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Not far in the desert, I discovered a location made up of...bookshelves. A library with no walls.

Guarded by beetles and a watervine farmer turned librarian. My, his sack was full!

Vampire of Bookworld.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

A Strange Aeon posted:

Better luck next time! Or find the force modulator on a true kin, that would get you through through the force field.

Ah okay, thanks. Jotun made sure it didn't matter much anyway.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I made a punching cybernetics build as a joke. Went all in on ambidextrous and bludgeoning tree. Currently at Bethesda murdering the whole world.

It's working! It's working!

I cheated and used a sniper rifle on mammon after fleeing though because *fart* whatever.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Where do I find more cybernetics credits?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

huh, guess that farmer got the same loot drop as the one you find during the Amaranthine Prism quest.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sanzuo posted:

Where do I find more cybernetics credits?

On some Putus Templars, in the inventory of Q Girl, in the basement of Golgotha, and in the cybernetics wars of Bethesda Susa.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

4th floor down of the rusted archway is the least dangerous spot for a couple credits and a nook

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I've been finding credit wedges on the bottom floor of sultan ruins pretty regularly, in the same chest as the artifact.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah cybercreds like to show up in sultan ruins. They also sometimes show up in any ruin that contains a becoming nook - swap secrets with some of your faction buddies and sooner or later they'll point you to a crumbling ruin somewhere that contains a nook and probably a credit or two.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think being able to make a spiral borer whenever you want justifies wanting to get 23 int in your builds for tinker 2, now.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I just did the save and quit, went upstairs to put my kid to bed, and like 15 minutes later it's giving me a message saying it's from an older version and I can't play it. I didn't even leave the game. It's saying to revert to an older version? I'm not seeing where to do that but I feel like that probably wouldn't do it anyway because I didn't leave the game to update it or anything.

Edit: restarting the game didn't work. I restarted my computer to run a windows update and it loaded fine though so *shrug*

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

A Strange Aeon posted:

A puma charged at me because it saw me through the glass of a becoming nook. That was pretty cool and really immersed me in what the tiles represented.

I don't suppose it slammed into the glass and took damage / got dazed/stunned? Cause it totally should have.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I have also encountered the older version save bug.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Getting the save errors. The file works after a restart though.

Also, I fell in love with the sign at Joppa but it just says "Go away." Can someone give me relationship advice?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Has anyone run into issues with CoQ just not launching anymore? I have it installed on my work laptop for those late time course experiments and discovered that it just pops a "this program is not responding" from Windows 10. Reinstalling it didn't solve the issue.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can probably recover the primary.sav.bak file, just rename it primary.sav. If it happens send the save file along to support@freeholdgames.com.

Usually it not booting is a steam issue or a bad file in app settings, try rebooting or deleting %appdata%/../locallow/freehold games/cavesofqud. Might also be old video drivers.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Hmm, deleting that folder didn't solve it, nor does rebooting. I get the options menu then it just hangs trying to load the game. Will have to look into video card drivers. I've never looked at them on this laptop apparently its some sort of integrated Intel thing.

Edit:

Solid advice Unormal, I discovered this laptop actually had a Radeon card in it also, but had somehow reverted to using this integrated Intel thing for everything. I updated the Radeon drivers, rebooted and it all seems fine now. Just in time for a few months of tedious cell culture related experiments :)

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 25, 2017

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Somehow I manage to charge and hit myself trying to charge a snail over some ice.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know what they say about running with scissors... I suppose it applies to all sharp objects.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I never realized how much time goes by in a game. Just sank in 3 hours without dying. I love to explore and find new things. Saw a datadisk for a Hand-E-Nuke in Joppa and was wondering how much damage those things deal? Could they take out a Chrome Pyramid?

I really hope the sultan descriptions improve in the future. I love how they are worded at the moment, totally open to interpretation but I hate that they constantly repeat in a game. Could there be a way to have a checklist per game where the history generator algorithm marks off which combinations have been used.

Still enjoying Qud!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wizgot posted:

I never realized how much time goes by in a game. Just sank in 3 hours without dying. I love to explore and find new things. Saw a datadisk for a Hand-E-Nuke in Joppa and was wondering how much damage those things deal? Could they take out a Chrome Pyramid?

Their damage is based on a physics simulation and can do 10s of thousands of damage but sometimes it only does single digits. This varies wildly over an area of several maps .

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 26, 2017