Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Congrats SRA!!!!!! Woooooooo!!!! This is the coolest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What's it look like when a bunch of goons see somebody they talk to on an internet message board win an LOL ARCA race?

quote:

22:24 ElitistBitch drat it, I'm two laps behind yall
22:24 CBJ minimize for no spoilers
22:24 CBJ OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
22:24 Kilonum [it'shappening.gif]
22:25 CBJ IT'S HAPPENING
22:25 Neo YEAH
22:25 gretlap YES YES YES!!!
22:25 gretlap YES BOYS!
22:25 Neo OUR BOY
22:25 fuzzyskinner S.R.A.!!!!!!!
22:25 Kilonum HOLY poo poo
22:25 pp14 YES
22:25 keevo wooo came back from taking a dump just in time to see our guy win!!
22:25 quantrill WOWOWOW
22:25 L_Harrison HE DID IT
22:25 pp14 gently caress YES
22:25 ElitistBitch WOOOOOOO
22:25 Harveygod YYYYYYEEEEEESSSS!!!!!
22:25 quantrill that guy talks to us on a message board!

That was the perfect race. Lots of ARCA and then SRA won.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 4, 2014

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The wink was for us right?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IVE GOT SIGNED DRUMSTICKS FROM THAT GOON!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Victorious!

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 4, 2014

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

CBJSprague24 posted:

What's it look like when a bunch of goons see somebody they talk to on an internet message board win an LOL ARCA race?

That was the perfect race. Lots of ARCA and then SRA won.

I'm glad this was saved.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

SRA gon win dis

What now Possibly Chicken? WHAT THE gently caress NOW, HUH?!?!?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDy_b33cCQ

That is literally one of the coolest moments I've experienced as a racing fan, right up there with Tony Kanaan finally winning the Indy 500, seeing Gordon win twice in person, and Trevor Bayne's 500 win.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

poo poo I was at a concert.

gently caress yes, SRA!!!!!!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
did anyone capture it? I was out also, I wanna see the finish + interview/grass angels

e- found it

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Love you guys :unsmith:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

It's been a long wait man, but we knew you'd do it. You've consistently become better, your team is better, and you guys loving deserve it. Keep that momentum going for Trucks next year!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SnowAngel.gif must be a thing now that we have a video.

I had a doomsday "You're a victim of your (team)'s own drat creation. TWO race teams! That's one too many roosters in the henhouse." lined up when the 90 got alongside you and thank gently caress I didn't have to use it. :hfive:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Saw 89 new posts and thought either someone died or SRA won.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Awesome loving win man, made my week. That truck racing has really paid off.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
right now I'm betting he's doing his best post-Homestead 2012 Keselowski impersonation

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Oh, they tried for both. We had a Cole Trickle impersonator forget that there were multiple pedals in the car and rip the side off Austin Wayne Self's car when he realized he was shooting past every other car, which had slowed down.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ok SRA you're a winner of a race in a national touring series, can you cough up some loving merchandise for us to buy now?

I mean, jesus loving christ man

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

:allears:

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 4, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
SRA is seriously one of the funniest guys in racing, I think only Bowyer has made me laugh as hard as a typical SRA interview does.

That gif is a work of art.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Oh sheeeeit".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWxjGJj7z8

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

ok SRA you're a winner of a race in a national touring series, can you cough up some loving merchandise for us to buy now?

Yes please I would like a hat to purchase, if you are full time in trucks next year you really need some freeking merch.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
Ah poo poo, of course I missed it. Congrats SRA and good luck in the trucks next year!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kidc, will this work as an avatar? If so I'd like to use it please

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

'Swhy I made it

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
SRA, that was so completely awesome. The grass angel made me giggle like a little girl. I applaud you for being so fun and genuine in the post race celebrations/interview and congratulations to you and your entire team on the well deserved win.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

This. Worst thing is I'm on vacation, and one of my options was to go to Kansas for the race weekend. Could have been there in person. Oh well, congrats SRA, couldn't be happier for you guys!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

'Swhy I made it

Thanks man, you're the best!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

drat, I missed it too - congratulations, SRA! That was a long time coming - take it all in!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hey SRA, I have a question you may or may not want to answer. If not it's cool, it's not that important.

Last week we were in Cytube with maffew buildings, educating him on the ARCA stuff. The question came up about purse amounts, and I couldn't find anything that would shine some light on how the money situation looks. I don't think ARCA publishes those details.

Sooooooooooo..... what's a win at Kansas in ARCA pay out?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
Man I can't believe I missed it but as someone said before, who the hell gets FS2? Congrats SRA your interview and how happy you were to put on that hat made me happy. Good luck next year racing the truck!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

VikingSkull posted:

This is not an empty quote.

Congrats on the win, SRA. Looking forward to shouting for Some Random rear end in a top hat to win in trucks next year!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here's last night's ARCA moment of the night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRERpXNYEk

VikingSkull posted:

Last week we were in Cytube with maffew buildings, educating him on the ARCA stuff. The question came up about purse amounts, and I couldn't find anything that would shine some light on how the money situation looks. I don't think ARCA publishes those details.

Kidc brought this up talking Frank Kimmel last week in the podcast. For his career, Racing-Reference only shows he took $200,000 in 2005.

bigbillystyle posted:

Man I can't believe I missed it but as someone said before, who the hell gets FS2? Congrats SRA your interview and how happy you were to put on that hat made me happy. Good luck next year racing the truck!

I've had it for about a month. Had I not looked one day, I probably wouldn't have known that I did.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 4, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

quote:

And why the name Cash?

"Probably for all the cash that he's going to cost me over the years when he gets to racing cars or something," Bowyer said.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What does SRA stand for?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Southern Rail Assosciates

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
and that driver is Mitchell? He is on their team?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Waltzing Along posted:

What does SRA stand for?

Also yeah, give us some hats to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh duh. Is SRA Mitchell?

Don't gently caress w/ the noob, please.

• Locked thread