Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TyrsHTML posted:

yea thats not right as it was used for starcraft. The creep was the zerg build area. Its undoubtly older than that.

I would be pretty confident in saying that Zerg creep has nothing to do with creeps as in a couple of murlocs hanging around waiting to get killed. I mean it would be like saying "It was already possible to creep around or be a creepy guy before Starcraft".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

edit: someone should start a thread about the topic so we stop derailing this thread.

TyrsHTML fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 23, 2013

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I'm pretty sure creep as a term for neutral monster was invented as it is in WC3.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Big new post from Shadowrun Returns: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/411147

Pretty cool stuff. The level/dialog/npc editor looks pretty great.

EDIT: ...and a blog post from Wasteland 2 talking about the dialog system: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/412225

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 23, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Just saw that Jon Shafer has been writing more novels about At the Gates, the latest one being an excerpt from a design document about game pacing. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates/posts It gives you an idea about the types of types of decisions the player is expected to make on a turn by turn basis. It has me pretty excited to see how the game ends up, I really like the general tone the game is taking. It's like a 4X survivalist game in the early game. The transient nature of your kingdoms sound really cool.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 23, 2013

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

WarpedLichen posted:

I'm pretty sure creep as a term for neutral monster was invented as it is in WC3.

This is 1000000% historical fact.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Visual novels are games, right?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ack! My tits!

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Science!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Check out these wonderful artworks!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
? -> Science -> Boobs!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And of course that piece of poo poo is already three times overfunded :sigh:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Der Shovel posted:

And of course that piece of poo poo is already three times overfunded :sigh:

Because the reward tiers are having the buyer's fetish character added.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Install Gentoo posted:

Clearly, we should have had fetish cars in Gravitaz.

"Car -> ? -> tentacle rape van!"

I wonder if that will be a future Kickstarter success rule: cater to your user's kink.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shalinor posted:

Clearly, we should have had fetish cars in Gravitaz.

"Car -> ? -> tentacle rape van!"

I wonder if that will be a future Kickstarter success rule: cater to your user's kink.

People paid $10,000 to make their trolls canon in the Homestuck KS.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Install Gentoo posted:

That's awfully brilliant. The creeps, they're evolving

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"At 20,000 we can afford to hire an artist with more than a passing knowledge of human anatomy."

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I enjoyed how, for the most part, the illustrations get worse the further down the page you travel.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Chris Taylor could have saved GPG if only he had unleashed his masterpiece: a gender bending homestuck visual novel.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
$10,000 of that came from 4 people. Which I guess is simultaneously reassuring and depressing?

For some reason I'm having flashbacks to my very first exposure to anime ever. In college some friends took me to the anime showing, and I was like, 'Japanese cartoons? Okay, sounds interesting?'. The first showing of the evening was Ranma 1/2, who's a guy who turns into a woman whenever he gets splashed with water. I think I sat there the entire time making this face - :stare:

I think the second showing was a Miyazaki film. Naussica, I think. Which, of course, is awesome.

I left.... confused.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Fintilgin posted:

I left.... confused.
At least he didn't show you the one about the racoons with the giant balls.

(I do not hate anime. I love anything Ghibli, Wolf's Rain is fantastic, tons of stuff. But god. THE RACOON BALLS :catstare:)

EDIT: I wonder if there's a Racoon Balls Kickstarter. This is me, completely unwilling to even go near that google.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 24, 2013

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Shalinor posted:

At least he didn't show you the one about the racoons with the giant balls.

(I do not hate anime. I love anything Ghibli, Wolf's Rain is fantastic, tons of stuff. But god. THE RACOON BALLS :catstare:)

That happened eventually.

That happened.

:negative:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Everybody sees the raccoon balls eventually.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Shalinor posted:

The raccoon balls are from Studio Ghibli. :ssh:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Actually tanuki testicles are good luck.

Very important in Japanese culture.

Fergus Mac Roich fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 24, 2013

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Actually tanuki testicles are good luck.

Very important in Japanese culture.

Is that... it's not, is it? That's not an animal man beating a demon koi fish to death with his beanbag is it?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's a tanuki beating a catfish with his enormous scrotum, yes. Legitimate historical ukiyo-e woodblock art.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Holy poo poo haha what. I've even seen Pom Poko but this... :catstare:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Everybody sees the raccoon balls eventually.

Everyone who reads the thread title does, anyway. I can see why Japanese mythology evolved away from that kind of thing, and it's just as well - "Before you die you see the scrotum" wouldn't be half as intriguing a tag line.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Edit: Nevermind.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pom Poko owns so very much though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrFlibble posted:

Is that... it's not, is it? That's not an animal man beating a demon koi fish to death with his beanbag is it?

You ain't seen nothing yet.

quote:

http://pinktentacle.com/2009/06/all-purpose-tanuki-testicles-prints-by-kuniyoshi/

All-purpose tanuki testicles (prints by Kuniyoshi)
23 Jun 2009

In the mid-1840s, ukiyo-e master Utagawa Kuniyoshi (1797-1861) created a number of woodblock prints showing legendary tanuki (raccoon dogs) using their humorously large scrota in creative ways.

I'll just post the pictures' captions here, and you can check out the link above if you want to see the pictures for yourself.

quote:

River fishing

Shelter from evening showers

Rokurokubi (long-necked monster) disguise

Net fishing

Making dashi (soup stock)

Weightlifting

Catfish mallet (JWKS: The photo in Fergus Mac Roich's post above)

Coming and going

Making mochi

Visiting Konpira, the guardian deity of seafaring

Boy's festival

Cause of chronic abdominal pain

Shichifukujin (the Seven Lucky Gods) disguise

Fortune-telling tent

Shop signs

River crossing

Towboat

Seine fishing

EDIT: Someone should make a Kickstarter project for a game revolving around creative uses of tanuki scrotums.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 24, 2013

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

An RPG where your repertoire of scrotal forms grows as you level. Sort of like Prototype but with balls

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Basic Chunnel posted:

An RPG where your repertoire of scrotal forms grows as you level. Sort of like Prototype but with balls

This is the entire text of the pitch for the next Duke Nukem.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

That would be such a wonderful game.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Sigma-X posted:

That would be such a wonderful game.

Yes, said game would be, heh, "baller".

Also, quickly checking the trending kickstarters...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/345447740/silencer-hear-the-game-not-your-opponents

What the gently caress is this? Can't you just get the same effect through a configuration screen or something?

Nice to see the Asylum KS funded, though. I loved Scratches. Don't know about ROAM, though, it's a bit of an ambitious project for the 100k they got.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Hey, hey now. I know you guys are wild about balls, but can we get back to Kickstarters? None of you have paid the requisite $10,000 for this stretch goal.

Lap
Sep 13, 2012
Looks like last call on the zombie game ROAM. There's threeish hours left and only 2k to go. It should be able to make the 100k stretch. I'm glad to see vehicles made it into the last video.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roam/roam

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Golem game put up a video showcasing how it actually plays, it looks like how AC1 promised it would control but with a giant guy instead of an assassin.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320581435/moonbot-studios-next-game-the-golem/posts/412053

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Davincie posted:

The Golem game put up a video showcasing how it actually plays, it looks like how AC1 promised it would control but with a giant guy instead of an assassin.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320581435/moonbot-studios-next-game-the-golem/posts/412053
There is no way I am kicking money into a project that doesn't even know how the player controls will work. If you have to fake even that with an "artist's impression" you are nowhere near ready enough.