Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So. Who wants to guess how Pulse hosed me this time? This is a fun game we play.

Steeljaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Huh, are Hasbro doing their OG Optimus homage figure? The promo pic they showed looked just different enough in its own way from the Missing Link one, kinda chunkier.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It's accurate but it's not GOOD.

Anyway I just want the head so I can put it in a tiny fishbowl and put it on a shelf yelling at megatron

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh that's NOT the netflix one

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Ss86 Springer looks like they've done a fair bit of retooling on the upper body from Siege.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

More than meets the eyeTM

Efb lol

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 14, 2024

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

That's like two toes and a new head away from Cliffjumper.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Knormal posted:

More than meets the eye.

I'm disappointed they stuck with the partsforming fists of the original toy, but this was what I was hoping we'd get out of the Hot Wheels collab. I have no interest in the cars with a robot face on the bottom.

I mean...

Well slap my five faces of darkness and call me a Quintesson. I guess it IS accurate.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Ss86 Springer looks like they've done a fair bit of retooling on the upper body from Siege.

New head? New chest, new backplate with swivelly thingies, new shoulder armor with more swivels, possibly new forearms. Same legs, looks like similar structure inside the torso. Sword/rotor that works more like the Thrilling 30 one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
New thighs, too, but the same below the knee, or at least mostly.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

80 dollars. EIGHTY AMERICAN DOLLARS.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So. Who wants to guess how Pulse hosed me this time? This is a fun game we play.

Steeljaw.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/275927?o=1

There ya go!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's a perfect-looking G1 Bumblebee undercut only by the fact that it's not been very long since the last perfect G1 Cliffjumper Bumblebee, which went for a very similar look and vibe. I guess this one has its own littler gun and no partsforming? I do like the squat beetle look, even if it gives up the rounded beetle look.

I guess a lot of the how the vibe of the toy works depends on how the exact dimensions work out and how it feels in the moment to pay $25 for a guy an inch taller than the core class figures.

Also Transformers Beyblade
https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1790405140446683635

It's honestly fairly impressive that they got the alt-mode down as well as they did, and it does look great for what it is, but it's interesting that they probably won't be able to reuse the mold for anything. There's even little molded shells for the ammo feed into the gun.

It looks great, but I kinda doubt it'll really outdo the last Straxus just because that was such a top-tier toy to begin with. I really liked how he had a whole thing with a cape and epaulets and how he could grab his pickaxe from the middle. Although I'm also a bit afraid to fool around with mine because his pickaxe broke a little.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They did something to Cliffjumper but I can't put my finger on it:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/276957?o=1

And yes it has a car mode.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

I wish it was a bit more Beetley, but it's pretty nice.

The mirrors seem to be a decent clue for why it looks like that. Bumblebee's original toy and his animation model didn't have any side mirrors at all, and real Beetles only have one (which is usually replicated faithfully in Beetle-mode Bumblebee toys). SS86 Bumblebee has two, which is totally inaccurate for the character no matter which way you look at it, but is accurate for Cliffjumper and Hubcap. So it seems like when they were planning for the inevitable retool, they did it in a way that meant they wouldn't have to change the top half of the car mode (which is the most non-Beetle part of the altmode).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Once again I am forced to reflect it would be nice if Pulse Premium sent out an email.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Once again I am forced to reflect it would be nice if Pulse Premium sent out an email.

Didn't get one this time either.

It's been said by many others they fail to get a notice or email as well.

Hasbro's site is kinda wonky for such things.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

Weird, I got both an email and an app push notification. :shrug:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Didn't get one this time either.

It's been said by many others they fail to get a notice or email as well.

Hasbro's site is kinda wonky for such things.

I'm sure Bumblebee won't be that hard to get - knock wood - but I was away today and could have made preparations if I'd known, you know?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Bumblebee, along with TFONE Orion Pax, are specially designated as "A-Level" figures. That means they'll be distinctly available in reasonable supply at all major retailers year-round and perhaps for multiple years, sold as solid cases like how there's always a Luke Skywalker around, without interfering with case assortments of other toys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

Weird, I got both an email and an app push notification. :shrug:

I got my notification just as soon as Steeljaw was sold out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Huh, are Hasbro doing their OG Optimus homage figure? The promo pic they showed looked just different enough in its own way from the Missing Link one, kinda chunkier.
It's a distinct figure, deluxe class.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

:catstare:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Checking the muffler and giving the customer a hard side eye.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Whoa guys let's get those :nws: tags going

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Last Call posted:

ahahahahahahaha

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

:laffo:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Built-in Speed Bumps

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Looking at it....anyone else see the happy face?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
That looks like a redeco of their Little Bee figure. Despite all the horny changes, it was kind of neat that they turned the shellformer bits into a kind of bumblebee motif backpack.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
whys steeljaw got a massive speaker

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Regular Wario posted:

He’s carrying it for his dad.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regular Wario posted:

Lay it down and it's like my cat's water fountain (except gold)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

He’s carrying it for his dad.

but blaster doesnt do that in the movie

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's his hat.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Captain Invictus posted:

ahahahahahahaha

*snort laugh*

That's some

Uh

Undercarriage

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Regular Wario posted:

Yeah, but unlike Frenzy and Rumble, Steeljaw doesn't have any big weapons to help fill out the price point.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Robot Style posted:

Yeah, but unlike Frenzy and Rumble, Steeljaw doesn't have any big weapons to help fill out the price point.

They'll do the other one with Ramhorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Regular Wario posted:

That's ok.