Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Probably Magic posted:

I hope whatever team you root for drafts Dak Prescott and starts him for multiple entire seasons out of no alternative.

I'm a Colts fan, so I don't think that's very realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Winston is the best QB in this draft and it isn't even close.
You said this about Manziel last year.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jameis Winston is a barely functional interception throwing baby loser and has not shown a single marketable talent for the NFL and will be the albatross around the neck of whatever GM is going to be dumb enough to draft him

good job being the typical TFF NFL poster that has never watched college football and don't know a drat thing about any prospects except what retard doltos says

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

You said this about Manziel last year.

One year does not make a QB

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Roasted Donut posted:

good job being the typical TFF NFL poster that has never watched college football and don't know a drat thing about any prospects except what retard doltos says

What skills do you think he shows that would make him even a marginal threat at the pro level?

His accuracy is garbage even for the college game.
His elusiveness has been exposed at the professional level.
His personality is a giant siren

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Which Ohio State players go higher than they should now that they just owned Alabama

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Which Ohio State players go higher than they should now that they just owned Alabama

is ezekiel elliot eligible

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What skills do you think he shows that would make him even a marginal threat at the pro level?

He's completing like 66% of his passes

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You have like no idea what you're talking about except the last part

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Winston locks onto his intended receiver like a lazer beam. That poo poo won't fly in the NFL.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

He's completing like 66% of his passes

Many of them to the other team

EDIT: I am not trying to be a shithead here. I have not seen anyone clearly explain what he is supposed to bring to the professional level that is supposed to make him worth the risk. Every skill he seems lauded for has a big asterisk of "may not work at the professional level"

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 2, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

davecrazy posted:

Winston locks onto his intended receiver like a lazer beam. That poo poo won't fly in the NFL.

Works for Carr! Seriously though, cut that poo poo out Derek.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

pillsburysoldier posted:

You have like no idea what you're talking about except the last part

Hahaha, Manziel doesn't have the speed to be considered elusive at a pro level. He's also a loving midget but couldn't hold Flutie's jock, though he'd probably do a line off of it.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

anyone on defense since dick lebeau loves them all and wants to kiss them on the mouth

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No
Nope
WHo cares

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
hopefully winston can redefine draft bust. ryan leaf was 17 years ago its time for someone new to take the throne

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

wheez the roux posted:

hopefully winston can redefine draft bust. ryan leaf was 17 years ago its time for someone new to take the throne

Winston will only be the new Vince Young, and you're just going to have to deal with it.

JFF, on the other hand....

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

wheez the roux posted:

Jamarcus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wheez the roux posted:

Jamarcus tried, man

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Blitz7x posted:

Jamarcus

I think Winston gives too much of a poo poo to fall that far.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

He has thrown 17 INTs against college defenses. How is that not, at best, extremely worrying?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wheez the roux posted:

Jamaracus was like 5 years ago

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Probably Magic posted:

Winston will only be the new Vince Young, and you're just going to have to deal with it.

JFF, on the other hand....

Vince Young was awful so I can definitely deal with it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jamaracus was like 5 years ago

Leaf was a bigger bust

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Vince Young was kinda good at one point

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Leaf was a bigger bust

Leaf is legit the modern pinnacle of football busts and there will not be another until there is a Manning to compare to that same draft class.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Leaf was a bigger bust

In every way but weight

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Many of them to the other team

EDIT: I am not trying to be a shithead here. I have not seen anyone clearly explain what he is supposed to bring to the professional level that is supposed to make him worth the risk. Every skill he seems lauded for has a big asterisk of "may not work at the professional level"

For a guy with a Mel Kiper pokemon as an avatar you would think you'd know something about a college player translating to the NFL.

Winston has all the physical tools (athleticism, arm strength, size) that translates to the NFL.
He can read a defense and make adjustments at the line.
He runs a pro style offense that relies on anticipation throws and route trees that many NFL offenses run.
You can't rattle him, look how often FSU was down this year and he led them back every time except tonight which you can pretty much put on his skill players and not him. He didn't fumble the ball away 4 times and drop multiple passes that should have been caught.
He has great ball placement. Watch some of his throws tonight, tight windows and he hit them.

I guess I don't really see where he can't be a good/great NFL QB. He does have a tendency to make high/bad throws but that's nothing that can't be fixed. That's pretty much the only knock on him outside of off the field issues. You can throw the INT #'s out there but if you watch them a lot were on his young (freshman) receivers being out of place/running the wrong route. Yes he did force passes but he was much better at checking down this year than he was last year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Leaf is legit the modern pinnacle of football busts and there will not be another until there is a Manning to compare to that same draft class.

Calvin Johnson would have been a Raider if Al hadn't overruled Kiffin

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

For a guy with a Mel Kiper pokemon as an avatar you would think you'd know something about a college player translating to the NFL.

Winston has all the physical tools (athleticism, arm strength, size) that translates to the NFL.
He runs a pro style offense that relies on anticipation throws and route trees that many NFL offenses run.
You can't rattle him, look how often FSU was down this year and he led them back every time except tonight which you can pretty much put on his skill players and not him. He didn't fumble the ball away 4 times and drop multiple passes that should have been caught.
He has great ball placement. Watch some of his throws tonight, tight windows and he hit them.

I guess I don't really see where he can't be a good/great NFL QB. He does have a tendency to make high/bad throws but that's nothing that can't be fixed. That's pretty much the only knock on him outside of off the field issues. You can throw the INT #'s out there but if you watch them a lot were on his young (freshman) receivers being out of place/running the wrong route. Yes he did force passes but he was much better at checking down this year than he was last year.

I kinda think that wherever he goes, that team is probably going to draft Rashad in the 4th+ rounds to keep him having some familiarity and chemistry off the bat

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

Hahaha, Manziel doesn't have the speed to be considered elusive at a pro level. He's also a loving midget but couldn't hold Flutie's jock, though he'd probably do a line off of it.

Neither does Russell Wilson. He has the agility to be elusive, and that's what matters as far as making things happen in the pocket. He just doesn't have breakaway speed, so he's the kind of guy who can potentially pick up 5-15 yards gains consistently when the defense gives him a lane. Not gonna turn those into 60 yarders like young Vick could do though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

I kinda think that wherever he goes, that team is probably going to draft Rashad in the 4th+ rounds to keep him having some familiarity and chemistry off the bat

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, plus you know getting a decent WR to boot. Rashad probably won't tear the NFL up but he could be a good slot/#2 type guy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wandler20 posted:

You cannot real avatar shame a guy when you are wearing a giant homer flag.

But whatever, I feel what you are saying. I just feel like the NFL is built upon the graves of guys with the physical tools who can read college level defenses. I also really do not think you can discount his meltdown tonight. Yes, its one game, but its also the only game he lost and he did not handle it well.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Neither does Russell Wilson. He has the agility to be elusive, and that's what matters as far as making things happen in the pocket. He just doesn't have breakaway speed, so he's the kind of guy who can potentially pick up 5-15 yards gains consistently when the defense gives him a lane. Not gonna turn those into 60 yarders like young Vick could do though.

Wilson is still taller and way more athletic than Manziel. He also has better arm strength and accuracy down field. I mean, this is a ridiculous comparison. The only agility I saw was him avoiding a first hit in the pocket and immediately being taken down one yard later because he can't get away.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's also one of the few games where he faced anything resembling the type of competition he can expect in every game for his entire NFL career outside of the 4th quarter of preseason games. Gabbert absolutely should have been discounted for one game, because it was the only one that put him in an NFL position and he failed miserably.

warcrimes posted:

Wilson is still taller and way more athletic than Manziel. He also has better arm strength and accuracy down field. I mean, this is a ridiculous comparison. The only agility I saw was him avoiding a first hit in the pocket and immediately being taken down one yard later because he can't get away.

Did you watch anything of him in college? Arguing about whether he can translate it to the NFL is a separate thing. Dude is wriggly as gently caress.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I wouldn't read into tonights game re Winston much at all, Oregon has a really bad defense and he was throwing to wide open receivers, and on the other hand the turnovers were pretty flukey. He dropped in a real nice pass in traffic early on. I think he's a head case though. Odd case, very interesting.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Roasted Donut posted:

Your schtick is lame but your broken clock hit apparently. I bet Winston is the best QB in this draft when alls said and done.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also all you idiots play nice in this thread. Draft evaluation is entirely subjective and if you think you're right all the time assessing a prospect then you're dumber than McShay.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wandler20 posted:

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, plus you know getting a decent WR to boot. Rashad probably won't tear the NFL up but he could be a good slot/#2 type guy.

I'd be pretty shocked if Green fell past the second round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

I wouldn't read into tonights game re Winston much at all, Oregon has a really bad defense and he was throwing to wide open receivers, and on the other hand the turnovers were pretty flukey. He dropped in a real nice pass in traffic early on. I think he's a head case though. Odd case, very interesting.

He really struggled early on, and seemed like he couldn't get on target with anything other than screens, but you can't put the whole game on him. There were a few of those passes that, had they been better placed, the receiver would've had an easier job not fumbling it, but NFL guys can generally hold on to the drat ball in those situations. It got pretty ridiculous. He lost his poo poo out there though, and that's concerning, especially if he goes early and is expected to play for a poo poo team where bad things are going to happen.

• Locked thread