Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
RIP Viscera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just imagined Viscera with Conway’s music and realised the perfect wrestler could have existed, but alas :smith:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I kinda liked Viscera as a lower-card big dude that guys on the way to IC/US level could beat and get some credibility but man that ill-advised repackage in 08 really sours my memory of him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ThePariah posted:

Rob Conway's theme ruled. Unfortunately it was the only good thing about Conway.

Excuse me, you mean former NWA World's Heavyweight Champion Rob Conway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Better choice than the last two.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Didn't Vladimir Kozlov come out to literally nothing but a spotlight for a few weeks to start?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hockles posted:

Didn't Vladimir Kozlov come out to literally nothing but a spotlight for a few weeks to start?

Yeah was cool and a unique thing for him in wwe at the time. Then in the end they just had to give him music.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Not WWE but I love Mike Bailey's chill DDT theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpwNE2hlbE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Not WWE but I love Mike Bailey's chill DDT theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpwNE2hlbE

this rocks, it sounds like he asked for one of those postal service songs about dying

chikara is obv unlike anything else, but i just saw juan francisco de coronado and his soap opera theme song cracked me up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGSxo4bf6_s

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am going to San Juan PR in a few weeks. Are there any good wrestling stores and historical sites near the boat docks or within a few miles?

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

There's a cockfighting ring not too far from there, but most of the Colon wrestling isn't in San Juan.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Remember that Rikishi was a main eventer for a bit

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Men who have eliminated the Undertaker from the Royal Rumble:

Hawk & Animal
Hulk Hogan
Giant Gonzalez
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Rikishi
Maven
Brock Lesnar
Shawn Michaels
The Big Show
Roman Reigns

A few of these names stick out rather egregiously in hindsight.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TriffTshngo posted:

Men who have eliminated the Undertaker from the Royal Rumble:

Hawk & Animal
Hulk Hogan
Giant Gonzalez
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Rikishi
Maven
Brock Lesnar
Shawn Michaels
The Big Show
Roman Reigns

A few of these names stick out rather egregiously in hindsight.

Do not besmirch the Mave Kick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's the story with Hogan going to New Japan and why didn't he ever win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe the accepted story is that Hogan, thinking he was putting over the IWGP title, did a promo burying the WWE championship, which he held at the time. Someone pointed out that if he was willing to throw his home promotion's belt under the bus, then he could easily do the same to the IWGP belt in America, which hosed over his chance at getting it.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Gaz-L posted:

I believe the accepted story is that Hogan, thinking he was putting over the IWGP title, did a promo burying the WWE championship, which he held at the time. Someone pointed out that if he was willing to throw his home promotion's belt under the bus, then he could easily do the same to the IWGP belt in America, which hosed over his chance at getting it.

Yeah, this is the generally accepted story on his not-winning the IWGP title.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wonder if The Undertaker is the reason Maven got released, since The Undertaker is a white supremacist.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Remember that Rikishi was a main eventer for a bit

Rikishi was over as hell.

...so naturally they had to ruin it for everyone. :negative:

"I DID IT FOR DA ROCK!"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gaz-L posted:

The story as relayed to me was that it was Muta who out-politicked Hogan’s rear end

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

That story is dumb and wrong. He wasn't going to get the title because he wasn't doing a lot of NJPW dates and they weren't putting the belt on him. The cool and good story is the WWF heard about the interview and Hogan had to deny he said it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

That story is dumb and wrong. He wasn't going to get the title because he wasn't doing a lot of NJPW dates and they weren't putting the belt on him. The cool and good story is the WWF heard about the interview and Hogan had to deny he said it.

Hogan is in hot water again after a vhs home movie from his time in Japan was found, in which he fucks his friends wife, complains that he ate too much sushi, and calls the WWF title the n-word

My Q: did Hogan use “ani” or “aniki” when cutting promos in Japan?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vandar posted:

"I DID IT FOR DA ROCK!"

For weeks leading up to the reveal, they kept bringing out witnesses that saw someone with blonde hair drive the car. And not, you know, someone that weighs five hundred pounds that probably couldn't fit in the driver's seat.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vandar posted:

"I DID IT FOR DA ROCK!"

I remember thinking at the time that Rikishi had found his ceiling and was in desperate need of them doing something new with him.

Then that promo happened and it was like a monkey's paw.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

I remember thinking at the time that Rikishi had found his ceiling and was in desperate need of them doing something new with him.

Then that promo happened and it was like a monkey's paw.

I remember really liking rikishi's heel theme but hearing it today just makes me sad thinking of how they just hosed everything

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

dromal phrenia posted:

My Q: did Hogan use “ani” or “aniki” when cutting promos in Japan?

I think his main thing was saying "ICHIBAN"; that's what friends in Japan would say was his shtick there.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Did Titus O'Neal seriously bury himself by touching Vince's arm? lol wtf

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did Titus O'Neal seriously bury himself by touching Vince's arm? lol wtf

oh, nevermind he's still doin' stuff. I live under a rock. What possessed Titus pull on Vince though, chivalry? haha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Titus grabbed Vince rather forcefully and swung him around a little, which is extremely dangerous to do to anyone over 70 years old. If Titus had gone to vince earlier and said, "I'm going to yank your body because of the 'ladies first' saying, and the audience will appreciate it" then there would likely have been no problem. vince will do anything for the TV show as long as he is not taken by surprise. he is the leader of wrestling and should be the only person who knows how everything is going to go down in order to protect it and make sure it's good

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Cavauro posted:

Titus grabbed Vince rather forcefully and swung him around a little, which is extremely dangerous to do to anyone over 70 years old. If Titus had gone to vince earlier and said, "I'm going to yank your body because of the 'ladies first' saying, and the audience will appreciate it" then there would likely have been no problem. vince will do anything for the TV show as long as he is not taken by surprise. he is the leader of wrestling and should be the only person who knows how everything is going to go down in order to protect it and make sure it's good

makes sense, plus if it didn't go over it makes Vince look like a non-kayfabe jackass and the whole vibe was serious as it related to a kayfabe breaking retirement speech.

looking at it purely at face value is pretty funny however.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Is having weed in your system enforced as a wellness policy violation in WWE? (say if it's the only substance found in the screen?)

I would assume it is, but with the general attitude about cannabis shifting in American society, perhaps it's swept under the rug as long as the talent is sober while working?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You are right, and if you want To be bubbies to eachother then we can.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Is having weed in your system enforced as a wellness policy violation in WWE? (say if it's the only substance found in the screen?)

I would assume it is, but with the general attitude about cannabis shifting in American society, perhaps it's swept under the rug as long as the talent is sober while working?

normal weed is a fine, synthetic weed is a violation, iirc

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Normal weed used to be like $1000 fine off your pay.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Cavauro posted:

You are right, and if you want To be bubbies to eachother then we can.

:newlol::respek::cool:

rare Magic card l00k posted:

normal weed is a fine, synthetic weed is a violation, iirc

cool :2bong:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are new bubbies in town

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Cavauro posted:

there are new bubbies in town

dare I say

THE NEXT ROWDY RINGSPORT'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOORLD!?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Well this company has employed both RVD and Matt Riddle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Talent gets fined for weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Normal weed used to be like $1000 fine off your pay.

Even if it still were, I would imagine most of the wrestlers have a MMJ card somewhere (Florida) and thus are off the hook for weed