Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Welp, two things to respond to here.Number one is that it won't take me that long to get used to the command deck because I have beaten vanilla BbS several times over. Number two is that Persona 4 will continue tonight at the same time (10pm central) over at https://www.twitch.tv/gmarcturus. I have also updated the Persona 4 stream playlist on the channel with the next two episodes which would be episodes 31 and 32. Check those out if you are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I suppose I should go ahead and let you guys see episode 2 Birth by Sleep! Also, if you will check out the stream schedule you will see that Survival Zone starts tonight at 10pm central and I will be streaming Resident HD Remaster for the PS3. This will be over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA. I hope to see you guys there!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 002 – "KH BbS FM HD: MoM Exam"

New Episode
Episode 002 – "KH BbS FM HD: MoM Exam"

Journal Update

New Characters

Master Eraqus

The current Keyblade Master and teacher for The Land of Departure. Also, rearrange the letters in his name and see what you get.

Master Xehanort

There is definitely something off about this guy. Also, he was the guy that was originally going to leave Ventus on Destiny Islands in the opening movie.

Masked Boy

Don't really know much about this kid, though his voice is familiar.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man Sora's going to be pissed off if he ever finds out keyblades can turn into hoverbikes.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'm actually looking forward to KH3 specifically because of that because I think it's about time to retire the Gummi Ship concept.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

GMArcturus posted:

I'm actually looking forward to KH3 specifically because of that because I think it's about time to retire the Gummi Ship concept.

Look at this wrong opinion. :colbert:

Now to talk about the Command Deck. So, new to Birth By Sleep is the Command Deck. Instead of having just plain magic and various special abilities, instead you have a deck you can fill with commands, which each do their own specific thing. They have different cooldowns, some of them take up more than one slot, and even your items go in the Command Deck. Let's go into a bit more detail for each type.

Note that the groups I'm coming up with for all of the commands, like the Edge commands, are just something I'm doing for convenience to group up commands by how they act.

Also, the reason there are so many commands right now even without us having seen them is that they're from the D-Links.

Attack Commands

Attack Commands use physical strength, and are generally based around your Keyblade. We have several new ones this episode (and by new I mean this is the first time we're REALLY playing the game.)

Quick Blitz is a jumping downward strike. It is part of the Edge commands, and is the most basic one. All of them are just jumping strikes. Stun Edge is the same thing, basically, only with stunning attached to it. Blitz is a reaction-command like command, where you can get up to three attacks by pressing triangle at the right time.

Sliding Dash is, obviously, a dash attack across the ground. It's the most basic command of the Dash commands. Of which, ahem, there is only one other with Dash in the name. :v:

Freeze Raid is throwing the Keyblade forward with ice damage and a chance to freeze. It's one of the Raid commands. Similarly, we have Strike Raid, which is the same thing without any ice.

Fire Strike is a spinning flame attack, and is part of the Strike commands.

Magic Commands

Obviously, these work off of your magic strength.

Confuse can, well, confuse enemies. It's one of the Status commands, which hit an area of effect around you.

Mine Square is part of the Mine commands, which make mines on the ground around you that explode when enemies touch them.

Fire is a single homing fireball, with Fira as an upgraded version.

Blizzara is an upgraded version of Blizzard, which shoots forwards a piercing block of ice.

Thundara is an upgraded version of Thunder, which hits every enemy near you within a certain area with lightning.

Magnera, an upgraded version of Magnet, drags enemies into a single spot.

Aerora and Aero creates a vortex of wind that drags enemies in and then spits them back out.

Lastly, Cure and Cura are exactly what you expect.

Action Commands

These are all of your mobility commands along with other things. Block is counted as part of this.

Slide is a short dash that Terra uses to move in bursts. It has the least invincibility frames compared to Ven and Aqua's movement abilities, which leads to Terra being somewhat harder to avoid damage with.

Shotlock Commands

Shotlocks break the game. They let you lock onto an enemy and then deal massive damage to them. During it you're invincible, and if you get the maximum lock-on targets with it, you get reaction commands to do even more damage. They're absurdly good, and the only downside is that they take up some of your Focus, which... is only used for Shotlocks and can be gotten back fairly easily, either by being damaged or damaging other enemies or picking up orbs. It honestly doesn't make up for how good they are.

Sonic Shadow is a Charging Shotlock, which is where you rush the enemy repeatedly, zipping through the air. It has a chance of blinding enemies, and like most Charging shotlocks, you can do the reaction command to hit the ground in an explosion around an enemy.

Ragnarok is a Projectile Shotlock, where you spam the enemy with homing projectiles. You get more projectiles out of the reaction command here.

Finish Commands

These are interesting. Instead of being something you buy or otherwise obtain, Finish Commands have a 'tree' for unlocking new ones. Every finisher has an unlock condition that must be met while using a finisher that leads into it. These act as powerful attacks you get when you fill up the bar above your command deck. Oh! And did I mention you can rename them as you see fit?

Everyone starts with Finish, but it's different for each character. For Terra, it's a powerful jump attack. For Ven, it's a series of quick attacks. For Aqua, it's a burst of magic around her, knocking enemies upwards. Normally I'd save those for when we get to those characters, but they're relevant for something later in the post.

Item Commands

These act as regular items from the other games, except they take up valuable room in your deck. Generally I never use them unless I need them for a specific strategy or boss.

Command Styles

These activate when you fill up the bar above your deck with specific commands, so long as you have that style unlocked. They change your regular attacks and your finish command. Generally, you want to get more powerful physical attacks, you're going to have to use these. Using a finisher in a style ends the style, so if you want to get the benefits of it for longer, you'll want to try to keep the bar from filling up too quickly, or use commands that take advantage of the bonuses the style gives you.

Critical Impact is a style unique to Terra. It requires physical attacks to fill up the bar. Generally it just gives your attacks more damage and punch. Its finisher is Terra doing a jump attack that does a shockwave around him. Woo. :geno:

D-Links

Finally! Something more interesting to talk about! D-Links are your drive forms or summons for the game. They let you take on the powers of a character you've met. While active, they replace your entire command deck and finish command, and can give you extra abilities you can't otherwise get in the game. There are three levels of each D-Link, which you increase by getting a special drop from an enemy while you have one active. While the base form has no abilities, the next two levels each give a passive ability and more commands, and at maximum level you get a new finisher. If you want the old finisher, though, you can change it back in the menu, while retaining the passives. I won't be giving lists of the commands you get here, but I will mention where they come from in their normal sections above if we have any unique commands.

The Ventus D-Link, at base form, gives you his Finish. At the next level, you gain Haste, which speeds your attack speed up tremendously, and is a fantastic help for Terra. At maximum, you get Auto Counter, giving you a chance of automatically attacking when you get hit. Your finisher becomes Air Dive, where you fly into the air and then dive down at enemies with reaction commands.

The Aqua D-Link, at base form, gives you her Finish. At the next level, you gain Magic Deflector, which has a 50% chance of blocking damage from elemental damages. At the max level, you get Auto-Life, which gives you 25% life back when you die. This obviously happens only once per D-Link. The max finisher is Magic Volley, where you create several magic orbs and then use reaction commands to hit them towards enemies.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I don't know about Terra's attack power being disappointing, he hit's like a truck compared to the others. When I played this (on normal difficulty) Terra was taking entire health bars off some later bosses in one 3-hit combo. He was different to play as but I guess if you aren't directly asking the game to be unfun by playing on the hardest difficulty he is still very satisfying to play because of that.

Also Willa Holland was Thea Queen in Arrow. I thought she did fine in that given her occasionally weak scripts, so hopefully she'll do better in KH3 with more experience under her belt.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 8, 2015

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

BioEnchanted posted:

I don't know about Terra's attack power being disappointing, he hit's like a truck compared to the others. When I played this (on normal difficulty) Terra was taking entire health bars off some later bosses in one 3-hit combo. He was different to play as but I guess if you aren't directly asking the game to be unfun by playing on the hardest difficulty he is still very satisfying to play because of that.

Make no mistake, I find Terra to be my favorite character. He hits like a truck compared to the others, it's just the others don't hit very well. He can be very strong at later stages, it's true, which is when he shines. But he's very difficult to get started early on. Admittedly, I've never played on normal, so maybe that's my fault. :v:

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
In my opinion, Terra is the character you play when you already have waaaaaaaay too much time spent on the KH series. The other two have mechanics that give you more grace in how you approach situations that I'm sure will be addressed when we get to them, but to cite Prythian, the difference in i-frames is huge for players who aren't amazingly skilled.

Just in terms of tools, Aqua is generally the easiest character to pick up and play (with a secret OP setup on the highest difficulty mode) , followed by Ventus, and then Terra, so if you're playing along at home, that's the ideal order for the nicest learning curve.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Just thought I would mention that I added the Resident Evil stream playlist to the opening post. You can check it out whenever you want now and we have two streams to look forward to today. We have "Action League Now!" that starts at 3pm central and "TPS Report!" that starts at 10pm. You can check out both of those at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Emery posted:

In my opinion, Terra is the character you play when you already have waaaaaaaay too much time spent on the KH series. The other two have mechanics that give you more grace in how you approach situations that I'm sure will be addressed when we get to them, but to cite Prythian, the difference in i-frames is huge for players who aren't amazingly skilled.

Just in terms of tools, Aqua is generally the easiest character to pick up and play (with a secret OP setup on the highest difficulty mode) , followed by Ventus, and then Terra, so if you're playing along at home, that's the ideal order for the nicest learning curve.

Which is, of course, the opposite of the order Nomura wants you to play the stories in for full effect. :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In Terra we basically have the recurring Final Fantasy boss Demon Wall in that he is slow, but hits like a loving truck, has boatloads of health and defence, and the longer a fight against him goes the bigger the chance he'll just beat you in a damage race (At least on normal). Relating the Characters to modern equivalents, we are not seeing Sora, Riku and Kairi, we are seeing Sora, Lexaeus and Kairi.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Time for a new update and of course there will be more Persona 4 streamed tonight at 10pm central over at https://www.twitch.tv/gmarcturus. I have also updated the Persona 4 stream playlist with episodes 33 and 34.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 003 – "KH BbS FM HD: Traversing the Enchanted Dominion"

New Episode
Episode 003 – "KH BbS FM HD: Traversing the Enchanted Dominion"

Journal Update

New Unversed

Flood

The most basic of enemy Unversed. They dart around and meld with the floor like the Shadow Heartless from the previous Kingdom Hearts games.
Drops: Soothing Crystal 100% (Shop Level 1-6); Soothing Crystal 99%, Secret Gem 1% (Shop Level 7-8)

Scrapper

Essentially the second level Unversed and they are very similar to the Soldier Heartless.
Drops: Wellspring Crystal 30%, Potion 40%, Panacea 30% (Shop Level 1-2); Wellspring Crystal 50%, Hi-Potion 25%, Panacea 25% (Shop Level 3-8)

Bruiser

A large Unversed that will attack with punches, belly slams and ground pounds.
Drops: Pulsing Crystal 25%, Hungry Crystal 25%, Potion 50% (Shop Level 1-2); Pulsing Crystal 40%, Hungry Crystal 30%, Hi-Potion 30% (Shop Level 3-5); Pulsing Crystal 40%, Hungry Crystal 40%, Mega-Potion 20% (Shop Level 6-8)

Red Hot Chili

A small red Unversed that spews fireballs and rams into you. Very similar to the Red Nocturne Heartless.
Drops: Shimmering Crystal 20%, Potion 40%, Ether 40% (Shop Level 1-2); Shimmering Crystal 20%, Fire 40%, Ether 40% (Shop Level 3); Shimmering Crystal 45%, Ignite 5%, Ether 50% (Shop Level 4); Shimmering Crystal 25%, Fira 25%, Ether 50% (Shop Level 5-6); Shimmering Crystal 45%, Firaga 5%, Ether 50% (Shop Level 7-8)

Thornbite

A small plant-like Unversed that can either do a spin attack with its vines or a quick 1-2 slap with them.
Drops: Fleeting Crystal 40%, Sliding Dash 60% (Shop Level 1-2); Fleeting Crystal 50%, Fire Dash 50% (Shop Level 3-5); Fleeting Crystal 95%, Fire Surge 5% (Shop Level 6-8)

Wheel Master

The spinning wheel that Princess Aurora pricked her finger on has come to life as an Unversed and has several different attacks. The "Laser Thread" will trap you in a thread of energy, its "Spin Attack" will strike you with its arms if you are too close, the "Wheel Toss" has it throw the spinning wheel at you, the "Bounce" attack has it leap into the air and land with a shockwave and "Charge" has it glow red with anger and charge at the player.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BioEnchanted posted:

Also Willa Holland was Thea Queen in Arrow. I thought she did fine in that given her occasionally weak scripts, so hopefully she'll do better in KH3 with more experience under her belt.

She's also in my avatar.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

This is why I kinda like Terra's doofyness. He is the only person in the entire series who could be said to have had a pleasant conversation with Maleficent. Normally she is Queen Bitch all the time even when trying to manipulate them. This time she caught her fly with honey. :3:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I don't know if anyone has been paying attention to my streams but I would greatly appreciate it if you would understand why I had to cut the stream if you were watching on Twitch and not logged in. Slur refused to let me upload tonight's (Monday, 8/10/15) stream to my Youtube channel because he was afraid it would hurt his "Brand Image". I'm just going to hope that this goes away since I will respect his wishes as douchey as they are and not upload that stream.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 11, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright everyone, there is an announcement for tonight you should all check out on the channel. I promise it is a good one!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, it's time for a new update and also I would like to remind everyone that Chris's journey through Resident Evil HD Remaster will continue tonight from 10pm central time to 12am central time at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA. I hope to see you guys at the stream!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 004 – "KH BbS FM HD: Mirror Match"

New Episode
Episode 004 – "KH BbS FM HD: Mirror Match"

Journal Update

New Characters

The Queen

The evil queen that wants Snow White dead and sends Terra out to do the deed.
VA: Susanne Blakeslee

Spirit of the Magic Mirror

This is the spirit you have to fight if you disobey the evil queen.
VA: Corey Burton

New Unversed

Monotrucker

A simple Unversed that just dashes at the player and attacks with its pickaxe arms.
Drops: Hungry Crystal 50%, Sleep 50% (Shop Level 1-3); Hungry Crystal 40%, Strike Raid 60% (Shop Level 4-5); Hungry Crystal 95%, Freeze Raid 5% (Shop Level 6); Hungry Crystal 40%, Strike Raid 60% (Shop Level 7-8)

Spiderchest

Possibly the first instance of a mimic monster in Kingdom Hearts. It can spit poisonous bubbles that become poison pools on the ground, us the "Dig" attack from Pokemon and it can swallow and spit back out the player possibly causing the Poison status.
Drops: Shimmering Crystal 30%, Fleeting Crystal 30%, Poison 40% (Shop Level 1-2); Shimmering Crystal 40%, Poison 40%, Panacea 20% (Shop Level 3); Shimmering Crystal 40%, Poison Edge 30%, Panacea 30% (Shop Level 4-8)

Hareraiser

A bunny-like Unversed that can cartwheel around and hit the player with its ears, spin around shooting lasers and shake its head and smack the player several times with its ears.
Drops: Hungry Crystal 40%, Potion 60% (Shop Level 1-2); Hungry Crystal 40%, Cure 60% (Shop Level 3-6); Hungry Crystal 40%, Cure 59%, Megalixir 1% (Shop Level 7-8)

Iron Imprisoner I

This Unversed can only be fought in the Mirage Arena and is a super annoying fight. Its attacks consist mainly of using its body to attack by swing itself around or spinning in a fiery tornado. It could also spawn a cage to trap you in or burst from the ground after disappearing. It can be stunned with Firaga, Triple Firaga, Sonic Blade, Meteor, Double Impact and most projectile shotlocks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like to think the trick to the mirror is that you need to speak in rhyming couplets to make it work. If only the Quagmire triplets were here.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

God that Mirror Fight lagged horribly on PSP.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, it's time for a new update!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 005 – "KH BbS FM HD: Ballroom Blitz!"

New Episode
Episode 005 – "KH BbS FM HD: Ballroom Blitz!"

Journal Update

New Characters

Prince Charming

This is the prince that hosted the ball that got Cinderella noticed. Not much more to him.
VA: Matt Nolan

Lady Tremaine

This is the wicked stepmother of Cinderella. She is your typical stepmom jealous of her stepdaughters good looks and whatnot.
VA: Susanne Blakeslee

Anastasia

You only wish this was the Russian princess of the same name. Nope, she is jealous of Cinderella just like her mom.
VA: Tress MacNeille

Drizella

So, just like her mom and sister, she too is jealous of Cinderella's good fortune. It's almost like all three could be the same person.
VA: Russi Taylor

The Grand Duke

Now here is a good guy that is just average bumbling oaf, though that is more evident in the movie than here in the game.
VA: Rob Paulsen

New Unversed

Shoegazer

This guy has three attacks to be aware of. Kick does exactly what it says it does, so there isn't much to explain there. Shield is a barrier that makes it invincible for a bit and I'm pretty sure you can guess what Stomp does.
Drops: Fleeting Crystal 40%, Bind 60% (Shop Level 1-3); Fleeting Crystal 95%, Blackout 5% (Shop Level 4); Fleeting Crystal 50%, Binding Strike 50% (Shop Level 5-8)

Vile Phial

The Vile Phial has a couple of unique things going for it. It's abilities consist of Cure, Poison Dash ( darts towards its target and poisons him or her) and Poison Spray (sprays poison at its target, inflicting him or her with the Poison status).
Drops: Hungry Crystal 50%, Cura 25%, Hi-Potion 25% (Shop Level 5), Hungry Crystal 50%, Cura 25%, Mega-Potion 25% (Shop Level 6); Hungry Crystal 60%, Curaga 5%, Mega-Potion 35% (Shop Level 7-8)

Blue Sea Salt

The Blue Sea Salt is very similar to the Blue Rhapsody with its way of attacking. Deep Freeze has it spin when HP is low, creating a small tornado that freezes players on contact. Ice Shards has it do exactly what the name implies and Ice Block drops a mass of ice on the player.
Drops: Shimmering Crystal 20%, Blizzard 40%, Ether 40% (Shop Level 4); Shimmering Crystal 25%, Blizzara 25%, Ether 50% (Shop Level 5-6); Shimmering Crystal 50%, Blizzaga 5%, Mega-Ether 45% (Shop Level 7-8)

Prize Pod

The Prize Pod is an interesting enemy and is extremely similar to the Bulky Vendor from KH2 in that it only exists to hand out prizes. The gimmick here is that the prizes are Ice Cream Ingredients and which ones they will drop depend on what world you are fighting them on.
Drops: See here for its list of drops. There are too many to list in the thread.

Symphony Master

Symphony Master, much like every boss, has several attacks to look out for. Trumpet Blast has the trumpet blast Terra with sound waves, Malevolent Melody has the violin Terra with musical notes, Drum Roll has the drum charge at Terra, Orchestra Hit has all three instruments charge at Terra at the same time, Symphonic Slam has the Symphony Master leap into the air and slam into the ground, Baton Raid has the Symphony Master elongate its conductor's baton and throw it at Terra with a boomerang effect and Baton Shuriken has the Symphony Master separate its baton into smaller batons and throw them at Terra.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, time for a new update! Also, Resident Evil will continue tonight at 10pm central over https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA. We will be seeing Chris continue his march through the mansion and probably be getting very close to the endgame.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 006 – "KH BbS FM HD: Wise Master Yen Sid"

New Episode
Episode 006 – "KH BbS FM HD: Wise Master Yen Sid"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hey, Cinderella 3 was great :colbert:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Eh, personally I don't find the direct-to-DVD sequels all that great.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you mean all of them or just the Cinderella ones?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

GMArcturus posted:

Eh, personally I don't find the direct-to-DVD sequels all that great.

I meant that one in particular. The second one can go hang but there was effort in the 3rd movie as well as a interesting premise that they did everything that they could with. Example: Lady Tremaine pulling out one of the Fairy Godmothers old tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HTcEwTXGU

I love the evil Pumpkin Carriage.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Monday and that means that there is a new update to check out! It also means that there will be a Persona 4 stream tonight over at https://www.twitch.tv/gmarcturus and it last from 10pm central time to midnight central time.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 007 – "KH BbS FM HD: Master Xehanort Says"

New Episode
Episode 007 – "KH BbS FM HD: Master Xehanort Says"

Journal Update

New Characters

Vanitas

We finally learn the name of The Masked Boy. Now that you can see his face, what do you think of Sora?
VA: Haley Joel Osment

New Unversed

Tank Toppler

Tank Toppler is the Unversed that is most like the Large Body Heartless. This is because you can really only effectively attack the Tank Toppler from behind. If you try a frontal assault then you will end up making it self destruct and you won't get any rewards from it.
Drops:Pulsing Crystal 50%, Balloon Letter 25%, Zero Gravity 25% (Shop Level 4); Pulsing Crystal 50%, Balloon Letter 252%, Zero Gravira 25% (Shop Level 5-6); Pulsing Crystal 60%, Balloon Letter 35%, Zero Graviga 5% (Shop Level 7-8)

Iron Imprisoner II

Iron Imprisoner II is very much more dangerous than its predecessor. This is mostly due to arms now being free and able to wield that giant hammer.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Sorry if I haven't been available, Skype forced an upgrade on me that ate my contacts and now I can't find you. :saddowns:

My skype name is mohnjarston, look for the profile pic of J Jonah Jamenson dressed as old Joseph Joestar.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
If I remember correctly, weren't the Aladdin sequels at least semi-decent?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nameless Fool posted:

If I remember correctly, weren't the Aladdin sequels at least semi-decent?

One of them was.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, for the fall I think I will need to change my streaming schedule. It is becoming really hard to stream on the weeknights (e.g. Monday through Thursday) because of work. Tonight I didn't get home until 10:30pm and I just really don't want to stream after a long day at work like that. Some until further notice my stream times will to Friday night through Sunday. Here is the new schedule. As of right now I don't have a horror game to follow Resident Evil HD Remaster because I am waiting for Resident Evil 2 HD Remaster to be completed by Capcom before I continue with that series. So if you guys could offer suggestions on what games you would like to see during Survival Zone then I would be greatly appreciative.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, just thought I would remind you that I am still looking for suggestions for what to replace Resident Evil with on the Friday night stream. Please post your suggestions here in the thread. Also click here for the schedule if you missed it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Fatal Frame? If you haven;t done that one already of course.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hmm, I wouldn't mind trying that one. The only problem is that I don't have the console that it is out on. Any other suggestions?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You could try Sweet Home, the game that inspired Resident Evil.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Comedy option: Spooky's House of Jumpscares. Or wait 3 weeks and do Soma :P

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

You could try Sweet Home, the game that inspired Resident Evil.

BioEnchanted posted:

Comedy option: Spooky's House of Jumpscares. Or wait 3 weeks and do Soma :P

Both of these sound interesting and they are both games I do have the ability to play considering neither of them are on modern consoles, but I think Soma sounds the most interesting after taking a quick glance at its Wikipedia article. Until Soma releases though I think I will attempt to do a Sweet Home run.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Monday and that means that there is a new update to check out! It also means that there will be a new Sweet Home stream tonight over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA and it last from 10pm central time to midnight central time.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 008 – "KH BbS FM HD: Trinity Fight!"

New Episode
Episode 008 – "KH BbS FM HD: Trinity Fight!"

Journal Update

New Unversed

Sonic Blaster

The Sonic Blaster is a completely unique to Birth by Sleep enemy and it has three interesting abilities. Laser has it lock on to the player and shoot them with a laser from its tail, Tail Whip has it smack the player with its tail and Warp has it teleport to avoid damage.
Drops: Fleeting Crystal 60%, Quick Blitz 40% (Shop Level 5-6); Fleeting Crystal 95%, Blitz 5% (Shop Level 7-8)

Mandrake

The Mandrake is another completely unique enemy with some different abilities. Leaf Cutter has it fire razor sharp leaves from its head, Poison has it hover around dispelling poisonous pollen and Headbutt has it ram into the player and cause confusion if its successful.
Drops: Abounding Crystal 60%, Aerora 40% (Shop Level 4-6); Abounding Crystal 95%, Aeroga 5% (Shop Level 7-8)

Chrono Twister

Yet another unique enemy, the Chrono Twister has four abilities you need to worry about. Stopga has it cast stopga on the player after all of the sand drains from one side of the hourglass, Time Warp has it teleport to avoid damage, Smack has it hit the player with its body and Dark Orb has it surround the player with multiple orbs and then smash into the player.
Drops: Fleeting Crystal 50%, Stop 25%, Slow 25% (Shop Level 4-5); Fleeting Crystal 50%, Stop 45%, Stopra 5% (Shop Level 6-8)

Trinity Armor

The Trinity Armor is very much similar to the Guard Armor and Opposite Armor from Kingdom Hearts in that it is one Unversed composed of smaller other Unversed. It has several attacks you need to watch out for. Fireballs has it shoot fireballs into the air which scatter across the arena when they land, Charge has it charge at the player, Swing Punch is a simple one-two punch, Laser has it rotate around firing a large laser from its torso, Aerial Laser has it fire the laser from above, Bounce has the legs bounce around, creating shockwaves as they land, Laser Spin has the arms and torso spin around firing lasers in all directions, Rocket Charge has the torso rockets into the air to avoid damage, Fireball Spin has the torso spins around shooting fireballs in all directions, Trinity Spin has all three components spin around the arena, damaging players and Trinity Laser has the components rotate around the arena while firing an electric arc down the middle.

Mimic Master

The Mimic Master is a simply annoying but not too difficult boss fight in the Mirage Arena. It has five abilities you need to watch out for. Book Slam has it slam the book on the ground, creating shockwaves, Fire Glide has it fly around book first, trailing fire, Vanish has it disappear into its book to avoid damage, Gyro Lasers has it protects itself with pages while firing lasers of light and darkness (laser of darkness will cause Blindness) and Clone has it use its book to absorb information from player(s) then creates many clones of the player.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think you mean Friday...

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So I didn't quite make it through Sweet Home last night and Bagels suggested I play through it on my own before I try to stream it again, so that means I need a new game to play. I was thinking of streaming Silent Hill especially since I have never played any of the Silent Hill games. Can anyone give me a recommendation on which one to buy to start off with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd like to say I am personally opposed to Arcturus's usage of his final insult in episode 14 and I, Senerio, do not support the usage of that insult in that context. Thank you for listening.

• Locked thread