Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Magicpants posted:

Unless that someone is himself. Then it'll be hilarious.

Bonus points if the parents start pointing fingers at everyone else for why their son ended up a piece of poo poo, although the dad has already made a statement that they are concerned, so it doesn't seem likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Magicpants posted:

Unless that someone is himself. Then it'll be hilarious.

I did say someone else :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Or a Chiefs jersey.

Holy poo poo

Doltos posted:

Those throws are consistently picked off at the NFL level unless your name is Cutler or Favre

I have news for you Daltos

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 5, 2016

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Bonus points if the parents start pointing fingers at everyone else for why their son ended up a piece of poo poo, although the dad has already made a statement that they are concerned, so it doesn't seem likely.

Dad opens lawsuit against Mike Pettine

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Dad opens lawsuit against Mike Pettine

That's probably a good move, gently caress Mike Pettine. :colbert:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I have news for you Daltos

I was saying it's a testament to both those guys' arm strength that they weren't intercepted even more.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mathieu_era/status/695632517693513730

Bruce Arians' home for old folks and youths that need structure?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

More like, The Pat Peterson Football Monastery.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Finally, let's get a reasonable opinion on this sensitive situation.

quote:

Deion Sanders says Johnny Manziel’s girlfriend is a problem

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:ughh:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That enabling whore!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Pretty sure we all saw this coming...

:rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Ryan Leaf 2.0

Ryan Leaf posted:

It's like a mirror, it really is. I listen to and hear stuff that's being said and what's going on and it's like a mirror for me. I can relate to so many things ... There's a solution. There always is but it's so hard to see when you're on this pedestal and [think] you don't need help. You don't need to be vulnerable because you're a big, strong football player and help means [being] weak. It doesn't. Asking for help might be the strongest thing you ever do. So it's hard because it was so fun to watch him. Great college quarterback. He's very capable and people want to cheer for him.

But now Cleveland dislikes him so much to the point, like San Diego to me [where] it's at the point you just have to get out of town. By me getting out of town and getting a new start, it didn't work for me either. I got to a great place in Tampa with coach [Tony] Dungy and that team but I couldn't restart it and I'm worried that he's not going to be able to catch on somewhere else and be as successful as he's capable of being. I hope he can.

:stare:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
surprised it took that long for the woman shaming tbh

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Best player my franchise ever drafted right there... holy poo poo, what a bad human being. How can he say that poo poo and not be suspended immediately.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NC-17 posted:

Oh Jesus. Seriously, what is wrong with people.

Also JFF is garbage.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

NC-17 posted:

His full quotes are at least a little bit more even-keeled (though not completely)

quote:

“I’m not saying she is the problem. I’m saying their relationship is inflammatory,”

I mean, Johnny's the real problem, but by all accounts she's also an alcoholic so that's going to create a feedback effect of poo poo. Of course, Johnny can't really blame it on her seeing as he sought her out at that party apparently, which is why Deion has it wrong.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 5, 2016

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Does Johnny get back into the league? I'm starting to think that he's finished.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

shyduck posted:

Does Johnny get back into the league? I'm starting to think that he's finished.

If Greg Hardy has a place in the league, there's a place for a quarterback who's under 25 and can throw a touchdown or two in relief.

Nov 6, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

If Greg Hardy has a place in the league, there's a place for a quarterback who's under 25 and can throw a touchdown or two in relief.

I think Manziel has already demonstrated how interested he is in being a backup.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nail Rat posted:

Greg Hardy is probably done with the Cowboys though because he acted like a jackass all year

Also Manziel's issues are way worse than Hardy's in terms of "Things that affect your play on the field"

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Deion has a point. It's not like I want to hurt people. But Barbara says these things to me and gets me so riled up, I just have to. I mean, there's only so much a man can take before he just snaps. Why does she always have to bring Mom into everything? She knows how much it hurts me. She wants me to do these things. She wants me to hurt her. And I yell at her SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP, but she never does, and I wrap my hands around her throat and she just laughs and calls me Mama's Boy and I squeeze and squeeze and she laughs and I stab her heart, but it never phases her and it doesn't matter if I wrap her mouth in duct tape or cover her head in plastic or beat her head against the floor she just keeps laughing at me.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Ehud posted:

Greg Hardy is probably done with the Cowboys though because he acted like a jackass all year

But he'll get on a roster somewhere, and the Panthers players all said this week they'd take him back in a second. The league as a whole doesn't really care.

quote:

Also Manziel's issues are way worse than Hardy's in terms of "Things that affect your play on the field"

True, but he's still not anywhere near the worst quarterback in the league even when he's hung over, as long as he shows up to the game. If he shows up, he's more valuable than someone like Pickles or Charlie Whitehurst.

quote:

Deion has a point. It's not like I want to hurt people. But Barbara says these things to me and gets me so riled up, I just have to. I mean, there's only so much a man can take before he just snaps. Why does she always have to bring Mom into everything? She knows how much it hurts me. She wants me to do these things. She wants me to hurt her. And I yell at her SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP, but she never does, and I wrap my hands around her throat and she just laughs and calls me Mama's Boy and I squeeze and squeeze and she laughs and I stab her heart, but it never phases her and it doesn't matter if I wrap her mouth in duct tape or cover her head in plastic or beat her head against the floor she just keeps laughing at me.

Why do they come to me to die?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Johnny Manziel posted:

Why do they come to me to drive?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

True, but he's still not anywhere near the worst quarterback in the league even when he's hung over, as long as he shows up to the game. If he shows up, he's more valuable than someone like Pickles or Charlie Whitehurst.

The trouble is that you can't count on him to show up. He could die just driving the stadium.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

The trouble is that you can't count on him to show up.

This didn't really hurt Ryan Mallett for some reason.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

The trouble is that you can't count on him to show up. He could die just driving the stadium.

Yeah, but I still think at least one team past his first team gives him a shot before he goes out of the league forever. Maybe not.

Oh god, what if the Raiders move to Vegas in 2017 and sign JFF.

edit: I meant Vegas, thanks NFL for making me think of LA any time I think of "move"

Nov 6, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

Eh I think the problem is he has no interest in being a backup, he wants to start, and you can't build your offense around a guy who is a total trainwreck and getting into trouble on a regular basis.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Eh I think the problem is he has no interest in being a backup, he wants to start, and you can't build your offense around a guy who is a total trainwreck and getting into trouble on a regular basis.

If only there was an organization with a need for a young star QB and a proven track record of taking cast-off free agents and turning them into franchise players...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Counterpoint: Whitehurst is cool and good :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Stylez posted:

Counterpoint: Whitehurst is cool and good :colbert:

Too bad, he's not cool or good at football.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

umm....do we want this old folk/youth that needs structure? :ohdear:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JPrime posted:

umm....do we want this old folk/youth that needs structure? :ohdear:

tyrann mathieu went from trainwreck who got kicked off the team and kept getting into trouble to one of the best safeties in the league without any sort of off-field incidents. poo poo, i'd take a risk on it, even though a sober and jesus-lovin jff would probably still be bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So Tebow

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/695729000170164224

It gets worse by the hour.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mean that seems like good news if we're thinking of the people involved. Obvious reasons for her, and if JFF is that hosed up it prevents him from making all of this even worse.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp, I guess JFF is CFL bound. I'm not sure I feel safe knowing he'll be in my province. Maybe bill C-51 will actually prove useful at keeping foreign terrorists out after all.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

shiksa posted:

tyrann mathieu went from trainwreck who got kicked off the team and kept getting into trouble to one of the best safeties in the league without any sort of off-field incidents. poo poo, i'd take a risk on it, even though a sober and jesus-lovin jff would probably still be bad.

He was kicked out of LSU because his ex-teammate, Jordan Jefferson was coming over to his apartment and couldn't get into the gate. Instead of calling someone in the apartment, he basically attacked the gate, and then went into the apartment. Someone in the complex called the police and they showed up to the apartment where people were smoking weed. I wouldn't call that a train wreck.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I mean that seems like good news if we're thinking of the people involved. Obvious reasons for her, and if JFF is that hosed up it prevents him from making all of this even worse.

Yeah, I'm glad something good came out of the mess, even if it only ends up being "she doesn't have to feel at risk from him again"

• Locked thread