Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaquin
May 12, 2007

the free world an absolute idiot says in reference to the oligarchy he is living in right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

hillary only disparages the latino immigrant behind closed doors and a noise making device this is why she is enlightened

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shaquin posted:

the free world an absolute idiot says in reference to the oligarchy he is living in right now

how many political Minion posts on Facebook have you reshared from your aunt this morning?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

I said come in! posted:

how many posts on Facebook have you reshared from your aunt this morning?

god drat it dude really is that the fire, is that how neutered you are

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Well that was a quick custom title, bye bye running cat

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shaquin posted:

god drat it dude really is that the fire, is that how neutered you are

lmao I made you cry enough to spend money on me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i lust for nuclear fire death

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Well that was a quick custom title, bye bye running cat

How do you look up your previous avatars?

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

I said come in! posted:

How do you look up your previous avatars?

i forget, theres an offsite link for it

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Trump really doesn't have fascist ideology, but he is a white supremacist. His comments about wanting to monitor all Muslims and close off the United States to everyone in central and south America is very worrying. He has a history of making racist comments, such as when he called all Mexicans rapists, murderers and drug users. Then there is his vague not really but also kinda did in secret allow the leader of the KKK to endorse him.

what could Trump do about immigration that isn't already being done by Obama?

Seriously, Obama is already the anti-immigration zealot that everyone thinks Trump will be. He's deported more people than Bush did, is paying the Mexican government to aggressively block central and south American immigrants from getting to our border, and is holding people in inhumane, prison-like ICE centers (many of which are owned by private, for-profit companies like CCA).

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lmao I made you cry enough to spend money on me.

it wasnt me dude im broke as hell in obamas america

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dont accuse me of being an av for anybody im not down with that kind of bullshit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shaquin posted:

it wasnt me dude im broke as hell in obamas america

Fair enough. There's a lot of spineless pussies in this thread so if you're not one of them I can respect that.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
i like how the one who buys the title is never anyone actively posting in the thread. just some lurker who got so flaming mad. thats a funny thing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Mans Land 2 posted:

i like how the one who buys the title is never anyone actively posting in the thread. just some lurker who got so flaming mad. thats a funny thing

Exactly, it's hilarious to me that I made someone that angry. Someone who doesn't even have an invested interest in the thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

City of Tampa posted:

Seriously, Obama is already the anti-immigration zealot that everyone thinks Trump will be. He's deported more people than Bush did, is paying the Mexican government to aggressively block central and south American immigrants from getting to our border, and is holding people in inhumane, prison-like ICE centers (many of which are owned by private, for-profit companies like CCA).

he's gonna outlaw safe haven cities

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
your trump opinions are very bad though, former cat av person

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
So how do the people who say Trump is satan-hitler because he'll enforce immigration law justify voting for the dems, who if anything have even less interest in doing the right thing for immigrants?
Because they don't actually care about the rights of all their underpaid mexican housekeepers, if they did they'd grant them citizenship. They're deliberately not doing that and not enforcing the law because it keeps illegal immigrants as a permanent exploited underclass who can't ask for human rights because they can just be threatened with deportation.
If anything, Trump deporting them all and blocking further entry would be the better thing for them in the long run, because then if people want these jobs done they would have to allow legal entry and pay first-world prices and not just get a desperate person on the edge of society to be their servant.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
goons hate trump and his xenophobic immigration policies, but they will fellate japan any chance they get for being such a great country, cognitive dissonance baby

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

Not really:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/19/illegal-immigration-deportations-down-2014-homelan/

Apprehensions on the border, which Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson says is a yardstick for overall illegal immigration, rose 16 percent in fiscal year 2014, while deportations from within the interior of the U.S. — the measure of how much the administration is going after long-time illegal immigrants — fell 24 percent.

Those numbers, which cover from Oct. 1, 2013, through Sept. 30, 2014, are from before President Obama announced his new temporary amnesty on Nov. 20. That is likely to lower deportations even more.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Jeh is such a stupid name

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Maybe Donald Trump bought I said come in the red text. Really makes you think.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I think, because we are the richest nation in the world, we should take in TEN times as many 'refugees' as the top 5 richest muslim Middle Eastern countries combined.

the # would be 0

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Germstore posted:

Maybe Donald Trump bought I said come in the red text. Really makes you think.

He got schlonged!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SurfaceDetail posted:

I think, because we are the richest nation in the world, we should take in TEN times as many 'refugees' as the top 5 richest muslim Middle Eastern countries combined.

the # would be 0

We've already brought in over 750,000 from the middle east since 9/11.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

I said come in! posted:

I know. I was saying how many we should be taking. You don't read very well its a pattern

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SurfaceDetail posted:

I know. I was saying how many we should be taking. You don't read very well its a pattern

No, your comment is just really weird. Can't just magically uninvite all of those refugees anymore then Trump can just magically have a gigantic wall appear out of thin air and make Mexico pay for it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I said come in! posted:

Wow, in only 15 years?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CountryMatters posted:

If anything, Trump deporting them all and blocking further entry would be the better thing for them in the long run
I somehow doubt that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The best idea is to let immigrants in at a rate where pizza hut and coca cola sedates them and keeps them from radicalizing (just like the rest of us). If you let too many in at once the form insular communities and keep each other from the coca cola and pizza hut.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I said come in! posted:

No, your comment is just really weird. Can't just magically uninvite all of those refugees anymore then Trump can just magically have a gigantic wall appear out of thin air and make Mexico pay for it.

I think you misunderstand.

The Mexicans will build a wall to keep us out!

The Muslims will embrace their new caliphate if the alternative is the Trumpreich!

This is the brave new world that we all want and deserve!

Trump 2016!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

JB50 posted:

Not really:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/19/illegal-immigration-deportations-down-2014-homelan/

Apprehensions on the border, which Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson says is a yardstick for overall illegal immigration, rose 16 percent in fiscal year 2014, while deportations from within the interior of the U.S. — the measure of how much the administration is going after long-time illegal immigrants — fell 24 percent.

Those numbers, which cover from Oct. 1, 2013, through Sept. 30, 2014, are from before President Obama announced his new temporary amnesty on Nov. 20. That is likely to lower deportations even more.

Obama deported almost as many immigrants in his first term as Bush did in both of his terms.

And there is no "new amnesty". in fact it's the opposite. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/264345-obamas-deportation-plan-stokes-liberal-fears-ahead-of-2016-elections

This is the situation that Hillary took flak over at one of the debates; she defended the deportation of children and families into war zones to "teach them a lesson".

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Wikkheiser posted:

I somehow doubt that.

If there is work that needs to be done then it should be done by legal citizens with appropriate worker protections, who can be people who've immigrated from Mexico or anywhere else. Keeping people around illegally serves no one more than it does big business interests, and anyone who supports the status quo wrt the current treatment of illegal immigrants does not have the best interests of them at heart, no matter how often they accuse other people of being racist to try to hide that fact.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kindermord posted:

The biggest problem with communism has always been that it would inherently be full of communists. I'd be ok with implementing full communism tomorrow as long as part of the deal is launching all current communists into the sun.

thats basically how Stalin saw it too :v:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
If immigrants were so great their own countries would be trying to stop them leaving. Then doing everything they could to get them back. Check mate LIEberals.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

All the anti illegal immigration stuff like building a wall and deporting immigrants might sound good ("dey took er jebs!") to some people, but in practice it's really stupid and would gently caress up many local economies.

Alabama already successfully deported or chased out a huge percentage of illegals after passing HB 56. And it hosed up their economy so badly, that the law was very quickly gutted and repealed. Turns out no Americans are actually willing to do the jobs illegals do. Not even prisoners. And when Americans try to do the jobs, they are complete failures because they are lazy as gently caress in general. And chasing out illegals did not decrease violent crimes or property crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_HB_56#Impact

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Harrower posted:

If immigrants were so great their own countries would be trying to stop them leaving. Then doing everything they could to get them back. Check mate LIEberals.

Mexico loves illegal immigrants leaving because it gets rid of a lot of their gutter trash/malcontents and the ones that work send most of the cash back to their country. Why on earth would they be against it its a sweet deal

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pawn 17 posted:

All the anti illegal immigration stuff like building a wall and deporting immigrants might sound good ("dey took er jebs!") to some people, but in practice it's really stupid and would gently caress up many local economies.

Alabama already successfully deported or chased out a huge percentage of illegals after passing HB 56. And it hosed up their economy so badly, that the law was very quickly gutted and repealed. Turns out no Americans are actually willing to do the jobs illegals do. Not even prisoners. And when Americans try to do the jobs, they are complete failures because they are lazy as gently caress in general. And chasing out illegals did not decrease violent crimes or property crimes.

Yeah because alabama had such a great economy before

If the job is too lovely for people to do at a lovely wage then maybe instead of propping it up with borderline slave labor they should change how they do business.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Pawn 17 posted:

i like these arguments because it makes 'progressives' vehemently argue to keep millions of people working menial jobs for sub minimum wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Yeah because alabama had such a great economy before

If the job is too lovely for people to do at a lovely wage then maybe instead of propping it up with borderline slave labor they should change how they do business.

Genetically engineer fruit that picks itself

• Locked thread