Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
I'm really excited to play shotguns on Chiron TL34 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Winter Fresh posted:

I'm really excited to play ROCKETS on Chiron TL34 again.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGKQWE4HUCg

I'm really excited to play goons on damnation ;)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

sunday at work posted:

The part I really didn't understand (and what really shows off just how big a retcon 343s new story line is) is why, if the Forerunners had a Dyson Sphere that you could survive the firing of the Halo Array inside of, why didn't they cram as many Forerunners as they could inside it instead of locking up the one guy who had a hard on for killing the people (humans, who were clearly some relation to the Forerunners, not a separate species) they are trying to preserve?

The Forerunners work well in the Space Jockey role. They're the ancient mystical race before everyone else who had better technology. Once you start to explain them too much like Halo 4 and Prometheus did, well... You know.

Also since they're done with O'Donnell for whatever insane reason can we get James Horner on for Halo 5?

Tracula fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jul 2, 2014

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Tracula posted:

Also since they're done with O'Donnell for whatever insane reason can we get James Horner on for Halo 5?

O'Donnell worked at Bungie, not 343 Industries. He was working on Destiny, not Halo.

I thought Davidge did a fine job scoring Halo 4.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Namaste posted:

O'Donnell worked at Bungie, not 343 Industries. He was working on Destiny, not Halo.

I thought Davidge did a fine job scoring Halo 4.

Yeah, sorry. I just have a hard time separating Halo 4 from the entire other series in my head.

Halo 4 had a fine soundtrack but it wasn't anything special like the original Halo theme or Devils... Monsters... (Even listening to it now on it's own it still creeps the gently caress out of me) I guess it's probably damning with faint praise to say so though. Halo 4's soundtrack was an okay thing that was there but nothing I'll ever remember.

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

Then turn not pale, beloved snail, but come and join the dance.
I loved the Halo 4 score. Sure, it was different, but I liked it a lot

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Halo 4 score was good! Reach was also very good, The theme when 6 crashes back from orbit and sees everything burning, oof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5A15Dy3D-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAv2TqTaeXc

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Rockets/Rocket Flag on Boarding Action is all you need to know.

I'll make up a new OP at some point soon.

Titles, and GO!

Halo MCC: Online CE and 2 collection

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 2, 2014

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo MCC: Milking the Franchise Since 2001

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Halo MCC: You'll pay $460 for your sixth copy of Lockout!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Halo MCC: You bought an Xbox One for a 10 year old game.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Halo

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Halo MCC: Wait for the PC Release

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Halo MCC: You Already Own All of These, But You Have No IRL Friends To Play Them With.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Master Chief Collection: Paying for 4 to play the 2&3 we want
Master Chief Collection: This Time It's PerConal

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
MCC: Urge to kill fading...fading...gone. RISING!

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

VJeff posted:

qft

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

VJeff posted:

The beauty of Microsoft's naming scheme right here. We've come full circle everyone!

I'll wait for the next console, Xbox three sixty.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Anyone watching the Halo panel stream on Twitch? Lots of good stuff being unveiled at Rtx.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Anyone watching the Halo panel stream on Twitch? Lots of good stuff being unveiled at Rtx.

Didn't know there was going to be one. Can I get a link?

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

Didn't know there was going to be one. Can I get a link?
http://www.twitch.tv/irongamingtv/

There threads for most of the reveals so far on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo

schedule: http://rtxevent.com/schedule/

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Director's Cut Halo 2 sounds dope.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I'm sure there will be a link posted soon. Some stuff they talked about that I can recall were:

Mongooses with guns mounted in H2:A
Walkthrough of Ascension: Anniversary. You can generate a forcefield in the satellite dish thing!
New weapons in the Director's cut like Assault Rifle, Silenced SMGs
Unveiled Coagulation: Anniversary. Seriously looks like a badass dessert.
Showed some UI stuff along with multiplayer and campaign playlists.

More stuff will be talked about at SDCC and Gamescon.

here's a good summary: http://teambeyond.net/halo-2-vs-halo-2-anniversary/

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 6, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

New weapons in the Director's cut like Assault Rifle, Silenced SMGs

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy goddddddd :supaburn:

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Here is a link to the panel :

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Panel - RTX 2014: http://youtu.be/qQQbGq8TnR8

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

When they say things like "dedicated experiences for separate games" that really makes me think we won't be getting XBL-enabled Halo 1 MP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fifty Three posted:

When they say things like "dedicated experiences for separate games" that really makes me think we won't be getting XBL-enabled Halo 1 MP.

They've already confirmed we are.

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005

Fifty Three posted:

Prolly hoppers that are

1) mad mad Magnums: Only Halo CE
2) YOU ONLY WANT TO BR ERRRRY DAY HERE IS ONLY HALO 2
3) Sandtrap Snipers 24/7: Only Halo 3
4) Sperg about loadouts: Only Halo 4

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
As much as I want to be excited for the collection, when I really think about it, most of my nostalgia is for the time not the games per se, and no amount of HD remakes is ever going to recapture that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd kinda like to be able to play Halo 2 without pop-in or that 360 emulation bug that leaves garbage all over the screen, but I'm not going to pay $450 for that.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

I'd kinda like to be able to play Halo 2 without pop-in or that 360 emulation bug that leaves garbage all over the screen, but I'm not going to pay $450 for that.

Get the Vista port

or just wait for Microsoft to realize the collection isn't selling Bones and they put it on PC

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

McDowell posted:

Get the Vista port

or just wait for Microsoft to realize the collection isn't selling Bones and they put it on PC

No one plays Halo 2 Vista. OK, that's an exaggeration. The population is very low.

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

McDowell posted:

Get the Vista port

Sorry but I actually think it will sell Bones

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No one plays Halo 2 Vista. OK, that's an exaggeration. The population is very low.

Yeah I'm just saying for campaign. They also shut down the servers.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

McDowell posted:

Yeah I'm just saying for campaign. They also shut down the servers.

No, the servers are still running and there are no plans to shut down GFWL multiplayer - just the marketplace.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, lots of devs didn't transfer over their games to Steam, so MS is leaving the service up for the games that still have it, it just won't be used on any future PC games.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
I'm kinda considering waiting 6 months and seeing if MCC comes to PC.

Microsoft does realize the PC market is pretty big, especially if they'd put it on steam (oh man if only)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MickRaider posted:

Microsoft does realize the PC market is pretty big, especially if they'd put it on steam (oh man if only)

I have a feeling they will, if only because that seems like the kinda thing they'd deconfirm immediately if they weren't doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

I think they started setting up either Halo 4/5/mcc for the PC but something happened and they pulled the plug way early in development. I'm sure MS knows, but maybe the studios are too hindered doing other stuff. Plus MS wants to sell these drat consoles.

Halo on pc would be sick.

• Locked thread